ITT fictional teams that would make for a great party

>ITT fictional teams that would make for a great party

O'Neil is an effective commander whilst still being fun.

Carter is incredibly well rounded and always useful.

Teal'c is effectively minmaxed for combat, but still roleplays well, especially his unfamiliarity with his teammates culture.

Jackson does his job as the party brain but remains useful in other encounters.

Other urls found in this thread:

wings.io/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I prefer SG Atlantis.

This honestly triggered me

Dayman is effective in combat, master of karate.

Nightman's role would be perfect for stealth, good at bartering for tolls.

Trashman would be excellent in archery, and can eat garbage.

Ah shit, I RP'd on a forum with loads of homegrew systems ages ago. One guy was working on a Stargate system, and we did a few test runs with him. We were basically playing the C-team, and it was a lot of fun. General Hammond didn't like us joking about getting "snakeshots" on the Jaffa.

As a party, SG-1 lacks a thief or rogue type character. I guess Jackson applies, but he really went more skill monkey, and you can see the rest of the party shake their heads when he can translate some ancient text, but can't lockpick a door.

Angel is the champion, or the man with a mission. A flawed leader. Coredlia is the Seer, starts off as the uninterested girlfriend of one of the players and grows into the role. Wesley is your classical support/research character who grows to become a viable combatant.

>Jesus Christ, Sev. I'm still nto over it.

>Jackson does his job as the party brain but remains useful in other encounters.

He's got a handle on the social stuff as well, as long as it involves ladies of some kind.

Pretty much every Star Trek crew, I guess. Though in TOS, the guy playing Spock is clearly a minmaxer, and if it weren't for all that logic stuff, he would definitely have broken the party.

In TNG and DS9, it's mostly good. OK, there are two characters in TNG who aren't very good. One because she's pretty much useless, and the DM has to come up with special plots to make her seem useful, and the other because he's a minmaxed little twerp, except this time the guy playing him sucks.

In VOY it really breaks down, though. The captain is an inconsistent psychopath, the guy playing the first officer is just phoning it in, the guy who said he'd make a Han Solo type mercenary/smuggler made a character that can't do a thing. The entire party is just a trainwreck. I mean, have you played those games where one guy gets tired of his character, and then makes a bigtitted blonde who seems to have an advanced form of autism? Well, in this game that was an improvement.

And Enterprise is what you'd get when people are roleplaying for the first time and got all their ideas from the Big Bang Theory.

>Teal'c
>minmaxed for combat

Not that it shows...

>when he can translate some ancient text, but can't lockpick a door.
A modern door yes but I seem to recall him being pretty good at working anything alien when they needed to get shit done. So he was actually the best xenos adept ever. And you had other guys for picking human locks anyway.

Worf effect. Have the baddie kick the ass of the team "tough guy" to show how strong they are, only all it does is make the tough one look weak as fuck.

Buffy is the fighter/hero, Willow's the tech/magic user, Giles is the lore master, and Xander is a moderately competent everyman whose loyalty, bravery, and comic relief make up for his rather mediocre contributions to encounters.

There's a Buffy RPG, right?

There's nothing to get over, it's not canon

I'm glad they made Worf a little more badass in DS9. Of course, it helps that there isn't an inhumanly strong android on the crew, either. There''s even an episode where Worf tries to lift a beam off a kid, and Data just rolls up and does it with one arm as if it's nothing.

At least he didn't say Universe

A hotshot captain with guts and intuition who can best the enemy in personal combat and sleep with their women.

A highly-intelligent, supremely logical alien first officer with telepathic abilities and extraordinary physical capabilities.

An ornery doctor who isn't afraid to call anyone on their shit, and act like the voice of humanity and conscience.

A hard drinking engineer who knows exactly how much more of this she can take, and who'll back your shit up if you insult his ship.

A swashbuckling, karate helmsman, a Russian heartthrob from the Monkees, a black lady to answer the telephones, and Smith and Johnson to go check behind that rock.

Why settle for less?

iv always liked the idea for a Scooby doo party.

Going by JL and JLU cartoons...

>Superman
>Hasn't min-maxed as well as he thought he did.

>Batman
>HAS min-maxed his character as well as he thought he has.

>Martian Manhunter
>Created something completely fucking broken and keeps getting singled out and nerfed by the GM in order to keep the game remotely fair.

>Wonder Woman
>Is literally just here with her boyfriend and might, sometimes, if pushed, roleplay. Ultimately made a generic strong woman character.

>Green Lantern
>Just made a copy of his last character with minimal changes. Everyone secretly wishes he'd brought that Guy Gardner joke character back.

>The Flash
>Made an incredibly broken character but agreed to tone it down. He holds with this promise until the end of S1 of JLU where the GM let's him, just once, go completely off the leash.

>HawkGirl
>Has made an interesting character with reasonable but useful powers. Is massively overpowered by most of the rest of the cast as a result.
>Doesn't care because she will secretly betray the group midway through.

Hey, at least it's not AH, beat me to it.

I LIKED Atlantis a lot. Yeah, it's not as good as the first 9 seasons of SG-1, not by a long shot, but it was still fun.

>Red Dwarf
A literal whole team of 'THAT GUY'.
I'm not sure the games would last long but they would be hilarious .

Oops forgot pic

>the age lines on their faces
Fuuuuuck. I am old too arent I?

Yes there is, it even has some decent adventure module in it though i cant' speak for the mechanics of the system.

It's kind of funny that they let those show thought on Kryten, too. They could have covered that up but it does give the character a 'I'VE SEEN SOME SHIT' look which I find fitting.

Ok, but consider this: Red Dwarf...in Rogue Trader.

An abhuman, a malfucntioning servitor, the world's least useful Guardsman and a disgraced, incompetent Inquisitor get marooned for being completely awful. They're stuck on a small support craft they can barely crew and eventually find and move into another abandoned Imperial ship.

And it turns out there's a particularly ornery machine spirit in it.

I am that user. And like I said they would most likely not last long without a lot of GM fait but probably be fucking legendry awesome bad sessions.

Tell me, John; If farscape is so great, how come you haven't shamelessly ripped it off yet?

I've seen bits and pieces of farscape but desu i could never get into it. Kinda like Firefly, with elements of Stargate thrown in.

Note: I also haven't seen Firefly (beyond the first 2-3 episodes).

wings.io/
wow

But they did user it's called Sg-1 seasons 9 and 10.

What about Cordelia?

Party face?

We don't talk about those seasons...

Tried to watch farscape.
Had to stop.
Does the lead ever learn to act his way out of a paper bag?

"yes"? I hadnt noticed. I loved the universe and the personalities.

It's generally accepted that it's campy but fun for the first half of the first season, then amps up to God Tier once the antagonist Scorpius (Wayne Pygram) shows up

>What about Cordelia?

Players girlfriend that wasn't that into it. Really got into it later after the group had to split due to work schedules.

see Admittedly Cordelia already had a little bit of development before her second campaign on Angel, but the player didn't really get into it untill the end of the first arc of the Angel campaign.

>He cares about things being canon

episode 1:
>hey, a Battlestar in Stargate! It might be a cool concept.

not a long time after:
>give me back Ori

>that acclamator mission

...fuck I heard that in his voice as well.

Were those the seasons that were effectively the Cast of Farscape Vs The Cast of Firefly with That One Guy from Enterprise as a one-shot villain?

I always liked how they basically went "Oh? What's that? Your Sci-Fi show that started AFTER ours did got cancelled? Have a job with us!"

crushing on Doyle's player when he suddenly had to leave town helped her break out of her shell

god that was the best season

Whatever happened to that replacement Danial Jackson they had for those seasons when his actor tried to get a job elsewhere?

Or something, I never found out what the story was with that.

He went back to his home planet and then it got nuked or something. I don't really remember.

No, I meant, why did the actor leave in the first place, and then come back?

Atlantis was only interesting when Weir was alive.

Did I stutter?

show or series focusing about the rise of the Goa'uld and their evoloution to a batshit crazy evil overlords from ambitious conqueres of the stars when?

story about Ra leading the forces of the loyalist Goa'uld against the usurper Anubis when he killed his father apep when? ture romance story between Ra and Egeria, with them growing more distant as the war between the Asgard and the Goa'uld takes it's toll on Ra and has him resorting to the sarcohpagous to heal himself because he is constantly leading form the front when?

series about the socitial struggle as the Goa'uld in their terrotioral nature to protect what is there leads them down he path of being the galaxies greatest evil until the Ori show up when?

SHOW ABOUT THE GOA'ULD WHEN DAMNIT

If I'm remembering correctly he was annoyed that Daniel didn't get to do much outside of poke old shit and whine at Jack about morality. Notice that once he came back they gave him a gun.

And a wife on every planet.

Come on now, the best season is anything with Ba'al.

>no one has posted this

Seriously, the Section IX crew is top tier.

They all operate operationally.

It is though.
The clone wars series is considered canon.
They make a cameo in one episode and there's also a unique episode starring another republic commando.

Can't agree with this enough. So many great ideas for characters in this series.

>In VOY it really breaks down, though. The captain is an inconsistent psychopath, the guy playing the first officer is just phoning it in, the guy who said he'd make a Han Solo type mercenary/smuggler made a character that can't do a thing. The entire party is just a trainwreck. I mean, have you played those games where one guy gets tired of his character, and then makes a bigtitted blonde who seems to have an advanced form of autism? Well, in this game that was an improvement.

If it wasn't for Chakote Janeway could have very well gone full Pirate Queen what with all the shit she had to deal with and everyone and their mothers trying to kill them just for being within eye sight of them.

And Neelix turned into a straight boss near then end taking charge of a colony of his own people when shit was going south.

if anything, this was a Rogue Trader game where the goal was to keep the Rogue Trader from going full steam ahead into Chaos .

More like Pre-Fall Firewall team if you ask me with a mix of flats and top of the line Pods.

Second from the left reminds me of Gunther Hermann.

>It's generally accepted that it's campy but fun for the first half of the first season, then amps up to God Tier once the antagonist Scorpius (Wayne Pygram) shows up

Throughout the course of the show they address essentially all the classic sci-fi concepts, with Crichton making genre savvy comments, and often doing them the best.
Notably: the cloned protagonist & we've been shrunk impossibly small episodes

best clone story ever, don't spoil it

The big movie he got after he left was a mars exploration movie where literally the most exciting thing was a golf cart tipping over, they find cave drawings, and then the credits roll.

This series is literally like someone took their game and made it into an anime.

I really liked that show.

Kek

>a game where your entire party is made up of characters played by the same actor
Holy shit the possibilities here...

>Cyberpunk 2020 Fullborg party

Okay, so, a Barbarian from the Hyperborean Age... sorry, THE Barbarian from the Hyperborean age, John Matrix and Dutch Schaefer join forces with a reprogrammed Cyborg and a Memory Implanted Lunatic from the future to stop Mr Freeze?

They have to fight the minions consisting of Demolition Man, Rambo, Rocky, Judge Dredd, and the arm wrestler from Over the Top.

Okay, so a Tommy Boy from the 50's, a Lunatic with another mans face, a lunatic B-2 Bomber Pilot and a terrible looking alien hold the world to ransom, and must be stopped by an unlucky Police Officer in a String Vest, a former special ops trooper currently working as a taxi-driver from the future and a Psychologists who is also a Ghost

I should have to spoil that last one, but I bet I do.

Okay last one:

A Supervillainous Cabal, consisting SOLELY of villains voiced by Mark Hamill.

Trips, and a quality, underrated post.

Yotz!

He's also pretty decent with an SMG when it comes down to it. He's no frontliner, but he's not a slouch.

I'm suprised nobodies asked about the image yet.

Lemme try EMH.

>Hawkeye
>Made another wisecracking Archer character. GM forced him to roleplay with a plot about double-crossing femme-fatales that may or may not be working for the bad-guys.

>Hulk
>Could have roleplayed. Would rather SMASH instead.

>Cap
>Arrived late, but roleplays well to overcome his powerlevel deficiencies.

>Iron Man
>Min-Maxed really well, especially with regards to stuff useful outside of fights. Abusing the power-armour rules to make himself one of the heavier hitters inside as well.

>Giant Man/Ant Man
>Essentially cribbed from Hulk and Iron Mans character sheets and came up with a smart guy who is also a bruiser. Will occaisionally remember that he can shrink and control ants as well because he had some points left over. Is only here at sufferance due to having his arm twisted by...

>Wasp
>Above Guy's brother and avowed That Guy. Playing a woman mostly to wind up his brother.
>Said brother keeps threatening to give him "such a fucking slap" if he doesn't stop.

>Thor
>Thought we were doing D&D. Already had the character sheets and backstories.

>Black Panther
>The GM's depiction of Wakandan Special Forces being bearchested black people in grass-skirts and exploding spears and fucking bones through their noses did not go down well with the groups only black man.

Well, Scorpy, the Farscape gimmick is the "stranger in a strange land" thing. It loses its impact somewhat with a group of strangers in the strange land.

Is that Adam Jensen on the far right?

He never asked for GitS

>>Has made an interesting character with reasonable but useful powers.
>im-fucking-plying
Did you fucking see that mace? Shit was more overpowered than Batman.

I have to agree. It was good, just not great. Which was a shame, because I fucking loved Mckay. Grace Under Pressure, The Shrine or any episode with Rodney losing his mind was fantastic.

>Hulk
>doesn't roleplay
He and Thor have the best banter.

It was a smashy attack that had some really great bonuses vs magic. But that was all she had going for her.

I'm not sure how I'd explain JLU. Maybe the players each get to create a pool of heroes and they get to choose which one they want to use for the next adventure, except they lost a couple of players so their group went down to 3 players and the GM?

>"Okay, so, I'm not going to give too much away here, but basically Ares is causing trouble."
>"So, I'll be bringing in Wonder Woman then. Who else?"
>"How about these Hawk and Dove characters? They've kind of got similar themes?"

>"Okay, so, you're exploring Cadmus... can you just pass me Captain Atoms character sheet please?"

>"It's Roulette again."
>"LETS PLAY NOTHING BUT GIRLS!"
>"Wh... what? Doesn't WildCat have some unresolved issues here?"
>"SISTEERRRRS ARE DOING IT FOR THEM SAAALVES!"
>"...well, this adventure suddenly looks a lot more magical realm that I planned it to be."

>"Why have you picked Supergirl, Green Arrow and The Question for your party?"
>"You said we needed detectives for this one?"
>"...Supergirl?"
>"...wait, Girl? Shit I thought I picked Superman cos he's an investigative reporter. Can I choose again?"
>"...actually you know what, keep it, I can make this work."

>Ctrl+F
>Single mention
Jesus fuck, either Veeky Forums is too young for this or something weird has happend

>Captain Ron
I guess every party needs a clown

but they were terrible at their jobs.

>Terrible
user, have we seen the same film?
Because they did their job perfectly, with zero loses, taking the compound like it was a child play.
So then the GM throw on them a fucking alien, because he was expecting from the party to fail miserably against dozens of guerillas. That GM full-stop

The Predator really is a Rocks Fall. Everyon Dies kind of dick move.

I mean, even fucking Batman nearly get's killed by one in their first crossover, and that's WITH Preptime.

Honestly, that first Batman - Predator crossover comic is easily one of the best crossovers as it works SO WELL and is a million miles better than the second film we got.

Accept no substitute

that first Batman - Predator crossover comic is easily one of the best crossovers as it works SO WELL and is a million miles better than the second film we got.

I fucking hate Batman, but I love Predator, and that overweighs that. Can you tell me a bit more about it so I could google it faster?

>Second film
But there is no second film, unless you mean Predators. I deny existece of any other film

You shouldn't, at least not with all of them.

Not really. It's been a while since I read it.

Batman - Predator should do it though.

I just like how they didn't have the Predator job to Batman.

Although the winner of "Most convoluted crossover" that Dark Horse ever did is probably Aliens Vs Predator Vs Terminator. Although it loses points for not having Hicks and Kyle Reese ever meet.
Superman Vs Terminator is a close contender due to how fucking insane the content was. It also is the first time we saw the Terminatrix that would be later used in T3.

Different user, but entire Predator "franchise" aside first film and the remake/reboot of Predators is utter shit and not worth watching.

You have no idea how much fucking wasted potential the second film had until you read the novelisation and discover that there was supposed to be a whole other fucking main character in the form of Dutch's equally huge Brother.
They were supposed to go back to Boliva to the original self-destruct site, the guy was supposed to get tagged by an alien tracking tag so they can hunt him whenever they want, and at one point he just shreds a predator with an Automatic Shotgun, causing his CIA planted Guide to accidentally drop character.

Shit could have been glorious.

>entire Predator "franchise" aside first film and the remake/reboot of Predators is utter shit and not worth watching.

"Predators " was subpar at best. If you consider it good, then you should accept Preadtor 2 as well.

As for the rest of the franchise, I agree. Except for the Monolith's AvP2 game. Don't talk shit about AvP2, or I'll stab you.