>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AuYRaoM5Xuc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Kinetic Recharge recovers energy when I hit more people. Not sure what energy means in this context, whether it's just regular stamina or also more abstract stuff I might be burning up. Can't hurt anyway.

Rebel's Shroud is really neat. May make it not look like what it looks like but going unnoticed is a really nice trait to have on clothes.

Ended up with 50 CP so spent it on the only 50 CP option that isn't a companion import so now I have another survival kit to add to the free survival kit pile. Actually don't have a pile of survival kits so I may just throw this one down a well or give it to someone and send them on an adventure.

Made Leeroy into a lion as he's a sort of space Rastafarian.

Do they spoil the broth?

What are the most interesting aliens available in the chain? Weird, exotic things that aren't just your run of the mill space bugs or lizard people or whatever.

Absolutely fucking everything in Lovecraft.

Jumpers, what do you sing about with Sing a Little Song from the Disney chain?

When have you randomly started a song?

Current jump involves taking every song except I Am and I Want. THEREFORE, songs generally entail grandstanding about how fucking awesome I am, how I'll always have minions to do my dirty work (because it's easy/I'm lazy/It's amusing), and occasionally peppy uplifting ditties telling people to believe in themselves.

Except in Steven Universe, where I sang about feelings.

all the time, it's a great distraction
youtube.com/watch?v=AuYRaoM5Xuc

Type Mercury in Type Moon.

>Available

Most of the species from Aquaria sound seriously exotic.

Soft Physics = best Worm Power.

damn straight that's why I took it, and thanks to Amazo backup data all my companions have it as well as a mass-produced series of intelligent prankster androids I use as shock troops.

Jumpers! If you were going to implant a magic amulet into yourself where would you put it? I'm thinking of implanting some magic crystals into my body but I'm not sure where to go with them. Thinking chest atm.

How big is this amulet? Because when it comes to putting symbiotes/cybernetics in me, I'm fond of sticking them in the lymph nodes.

Hope you enjoy swelling.

I haven't made it yet so it could be any size. I was thinking around palm sized though just because Im gonna be pumping a lot of mana through it and bigger is usually better. Though not always with magic.

Other ideas included replacing my heart with it. Or my eyeballs.

Or just making it a ring/staff.

chakra centers are always good for that kind of thing, if you want to show it off but if it's vulnerable you might want to get yourself opened up and put it somewhere in the abdominal cavity.

Back of the skull for the important stuff. Or somewhere in the upper chest region for other stuff.

Assuming I can't just assimilate it with Charm Pouch + Claymore Assimilation

Now that I think of it I could make a kickass glowing mask and put that through the bloody roar equiptment thing so it always fits too... thats an idea.

For magic amulets it really doesn't matter. If I was going to do it, I would implant them based on their effect. Strength boosters in the upper arms, speed boosters in the upper leg, ect.

With magic crystals, consider the back. It's broad, flat, and with an assistant placing them there isn't too difficult. You'll have to start getting your shirts custom fitted, but the reveal would be an intimidating sight. Plus, there's always the off-chance of an assassian's knife skittering off them instead of sinking into flesh.

There's a fair amount of room in there even pre-swelling, I won't notice as long as I'm conservative about it.

Whats that pic from?

I'd probably put it where I used keep my warehouse key. In the folded space pouch inside the Drop-in keyhole birthmark from JoJo.
Pull it halfway out, shape your chest into a door, and bam! Freaky hammerspace storage.

Now I'm looking for a way to turn my wife into my housekeys, as per the suggestion of an user last thread.

Anyhoo, my suggestion is keeping in the JoJo birthmark. It just seems cool.

Its going to be the final receptical of a project I have been working on. Should give me pretty much all the mana I could ever need.

I wonder if you would be able to survive Scion's tantrum with it, Loonytoons durability is pretty ridiculous.

Hey digger sorry but more questions

1 if memory serves you said there be opportunity's to get more Royal points if you decide to keep the throne, how many more?
2. Does more money more power include the mundane science you are "transcending"?
3. Can companions take the option to take I’ve got to be the One? In exchange for a discount on I want to be the One! ?
4. If I take that third scenario am I allowed prep time to get some stuff out of the warehouse? And make a few notes?

Scion can negate shard-based powers once he adapts to them, it would only stop him for so long.

probably not, the dude can just collapse your waveform, and counter a good chunk of shard based powers. But then I have things like, Q this and agitation Field so....

Q This has nothing even vaguely to do with the situation.

it does a little bit it keeps them from just collapsing me into nothing.

It will do nothing to stop Scion at all, he's not what it is meant to stop.

Q this is just a touch range null of reality warping.

Q This requires you to be in contact with the reality warper. I mean, if you want to grapple Scion, power to you, but it's not a choice I would make.

okay I misinterpreted that which is something I frequently do because I'm bad at this, what about reality check from Cho Aniki? Would that help?

Even then they could just drop a rock on you. Sure its great but still.

Scion is the near exact opposite of what that will work on, it's more likely to stop you doing shit.

I don't think anything is going to help you against his obliteration beam besides a metric fuckton of durability perks, at least until someone creates a Nethack Jump. His Stilling Clap probably counts as an Instant Death Effect or an instant death version of Paralysis, though.

>>metric fuckton of durability perks

Tank spec Jumper, don't have an anatomy to still, no worries

Easiest way to defeat Scion is mental manipulation, as that's what defeated him in canon.

Easiest way to survive Scion is Danger Sense and dodge perks or teleportation.

Unless you specifically piss him off/catch his interest, he's not going to chase you too hard. As of Golden Morning, he was interested in making humans suffer rather than going all out and just annihilating them.

Actually I have a worm wustion. Is thete anything a person cant cut with a s2ord thats been iteratively improved every day for 500 years? Whats the range and power on this thing?

How was he defeated in canon? I heard that it was Taylor sending all the capes at him in a suicide rush.

Bullying, Sting and a doomsday laser.

Iterative Improvement gives powers to items, it depends on what powers you have been putting into it.

His obliteration beam sears through Endbringers, so I wouldn't put money on tanking it. As for the Stilling effect, it stops the movement of your molecules, so I don't think anything short of a conceptual defense would help.

Well, yes. Convincing him to die in a way that doesn't destroy the planet or humanity is the best way to handle him. But some people just gotta do things the hard way.

It's going to be pretty powerful. The spear of the character it's based on, according to word of god by Wildbow, would be more or less a city-wrecker after 400 days of charge. So after 500 years I'd be surprised if there is much you can't cut.

Cutting and durability.

Oh, I haven't the foggiest idea where it's from. All I know is that the artist has done a whole series of similar pictures. Small children with super-tech linked to a backpack. I saved several of them some months ago as I liked both the idea and the art itself.

I know it's been said 400 days of charging would make the canon character's Arclance a city-buster.

Apart from that, no idea.

Taylor mind controlled pretty much every cape alive to force them to actually work together. Then she bullied the shit out of him using his dead wife until he gave up. Then she used Sting (Flechette/Foil's power) to turn his puppet body into a portal to his real body, and fired a BFG built by every Tinker alive to destroy his real self.

He was mentally bullied a whole bunch, and he just kinda gave up/didn't react quickly enough and ate a fucking huge interdimensional laser beam to the face. Basically he wasn't used to human emotions, but he was also bathing in them, and he was constantly shown imagery of his dead wife.
>Well, yes. Convincing him to die in a way that doesn't destroy the planet or humanity is the best way to handle him. But some people just gotta do things the hard way.
Actually, if you really want to meta-game, have Kevin Norton tell him to kill himself. No powers needed. Only tricky bit is finding Norton, but Cauldron will help you with that if you bring it to their attention.

1. I did actually go the social engineering route, but I have two companions with Sting just in case that didn't work.

2.my Jumper is not necessarily composed of molecules, one of my alt forms is tangible darkness.

I would to the tune of the blade note sword be a good example?

Sweet. Mr choppy is gonna have fun tonight. Zerg hunting time.

The grammar, it burns!

He doesn't have to listen to Kevin Norton, and probably wouldn't if he just told him to die. You'll probably need a heavy amount of charisma perks, or a plan he finds reasonable (give up your life to keep your Shards going as long as possible and signal another Entity to pick them up so they won't be completely lost).

Who wins superman, demonbane, or all the worm entities?

Dick piercing.

Fuck off.

There's no evidence to suggest he wouldn't accept the order from Norton, and plenty that he would. They tried something similar in canon, and it very nearly worked. Unfortunately, circumstances got in the way and it didn't pan out. I don't remember the timing enough to say if it was Golden Morning or Dragon (it was referenced in Saint's interlude).

Charisma perks are irrelevant, since Norton is the one passing on the message. In the off chance he doesn't listen (and nothing we've seen suggests he wouldn't), then it'd be pretty easy to use his wife as bait. "Destroy yourself and you'll meet your wife," for instance. If you're really too worried that that won't work, take the canon path and just tell him to fuck off and go away forever.

Demonbane. Because it's bullshit is the biggest.

Second.
If you don't have one, grow one specifically for this purpose.

Not the user, but Omega Telepathy and The in-jump perk Perfect Communication Skills could pretty much guarentee it. Just keep flashing memories of his dead wife in his mind, and give a brick shitting despair speech and watch the Golden Man break himself down with sadness.

I'm thoroughly suprised that after what SMTanon said about the bold lettering below the demon origin people still haven't tried to get Zion in their compendiums for the rest of the chain.

Nyarlathotep and Tzeentch, because they're getting popcorn while they watch.

Wow so much salt.

Read the chapter from his perspective. He's not a thrall - he only listens to Kevin because he has no idea what else to do and thinks the idea might give him a purpose. He then rapidly realizes it's not actually helping, and continues mainly through lack of anything better to do. Dying isn't a purpose, and he'd recognize "die and you'll meet Eden" as human mythology rather than a statement of fact.

YOU MERELY ADOPTED THE SALT

WE WERE BORN IN IT, MOLDED BY IT

WE DIDN'T SEE WATER UNTIL WE WERE ALREADY GROWN

That works with supernatural beings. Do the Entities count? I mean, they're Clarketech, is sufficiently advanced technology enough like magic for the Demon Compendium to copy it?

>spoiler
Scion might be inhuman, but he's not supernatural.

Supernatural and magic are not the same thing, Clarktech is almost universally supernatural. Also SMT demons are arguable Clarktech.

While I do consider the Entities advanced enough (and in a particular manner which escapes the bounds of a single universe's natural laws) to fanwank as supernatural in my own chain, they're not actually magical, so that's a big no.

...Except I wrote supernatural in the jump instead of magical.

Just fucking kill me, please.

You mean magic demisatan?

But Clarketech usually works within the limits of nature, just limits that normal humans don't know how to push up against. I'm not sure it counts. I mean, I won't tell you it can't, if that's what you want to do. There's enough ambiguity there that it would be a dick move for me to try to make some explicit ruling. But it's not a ruling that I myself would use, I'm not comfortable taking that interpretation.

You and I have very different definitions of the term "supernatural."

Also, robots count as demons in SMTII at least.

Wasn't that the reason for it being so powerful in the first place?

SMT demons apparently come from some form of cyberspace, I never really understood that bit of wierdness.

The ride never ends, SMTAnon.

Oh, thanks for the clarification, that fixes things up. I assumed it would work on someone like Zion only because holy shit does he seem like something out of an SMT game what with Law demons having a machine-like design.

The vast majority of what Scion does spits in the face of the fundamental laws of physics and so does most other Clarktech. Beyond what is naturally possible is what supernatural actually means.

And this is why I'll never make anything jump-wise.

Because I'd lose all patience with people trying to use and abuse loopholes and specific wording unless I went full legalese on the jumpdoc.

Right. Just saying right now due to how slow I am lately among other things, I'm dropping Nerf and Sonic X. Nerf because the more I look at it the more I realize I will never be able to do what I want with it without getting stupidly OC, which is not kosher, and Sonic X because I'm finding it's not right for me to keep that hold on it with how stupidly long I'm taking. If no one has done anything with it by the time I actually get some semblance of motivation back I might crack at it, but right now consider the claims relinquished.

>The vast majority of what Scion does spits in the face of the fundamental laws of physics as we know it and so does most other Clarktech. Beyond what is naturally possible as far as we can tell is what supernatural actually means.

FTFY

Sonic X? What notes have you got so far?

Then you get shit on for nerfing or making everything useless.

None, and I'm not going to impose on anyone who wanted to try it, not my place. If you want to do something with it do whatever the fuck you want.

Eeeexactly.

By that logic, quantum dots would count, too. Those aren't naturally possible. Does the fact that the circumstances that lead to artificial atoms only occur in technology mean that they aren't part of the natural order? I'm not sure. Again, I'm not saying you can't do this. I'm just saying that if you do, it brings up weird questions about the distinction between technology and magic, about whether there is anything that is truly supernatural if it all interacts with the same physical systems. If you want to explore those themes, great. I think that's interesting. I just don't want to go that deeply into those exotic concepts.

>That moment when you realize that /jc/ is made up of cast out That Guys.

Posting before the shitposter cometh.

Fuck. I was looking forward to these, but... well. I understand. You do you until then.

People will always try to rule lawyer, power game, or otherwise break shit. This is TG, it's kinda what we do. If you actually want to create something, do it. Don't let shitposters or powergamers stop you, most of us are pretty well mannered folks. People twisted my shit I made, I find it hilarious.

>Idiot human thinks he understands the laws of physics

That's fine, Red. Thanks for the update.

Ah... That's a shame. I was looking forward to those. Especially Nerf.

But I understand, motivation's a tricky thing sometimes. Good luck on the rest of your endeavors.

...You're still doing Black Crusade after the Warframe update through?

Well as the person who originally posted the spoiler mentioning Zion being put in the compendium. Let me just say that I have no problem with it not being possible, hell I'd be down for supporting it. I honestly didn't try to rules lawyer it, I just thought Zion was supernatural and thus thought he could be someone we can put in the compendium and summon.

Now that SMTanon mentioned the limitation, I got no problem abiding it, I just thought the idea of summoning that fucker in other jumps was pretty cool.

I'll be honest, that's on the fence. After the shitstorm regarding my plans for BC, I've been questioning whether I could do it justice or not.

We'll see how I feel whenever I finish the update and see how badly I fucked it up.

I know, the truth is this is something that requires wank. There are a lot of things that are technically supernatural, under a strict literal definition, despite not being intended to be so. While it is easy to determine how things like that interact within a setting it gets pretty difficult with jump chain since it involves multiple universes, it is the same issue that had a bunch of powerwankers and nerfwhores arguing about Imagine Breaker every time it was brought up for the longest time.

tl;dr What is and is not considered supernatural needs to be wanked, preferably without long drawn out arguments in the thread.

It would be appropriately miserable.

Red, that was one guy. Come on. Everyone else was abuzz with excitement.

Honestly, I'd be fine if it was just "ohey, this interacts with X perk in a funny way."

It's 5 years of dealing with twin dickish rules-lawyers in my old D&D group that've put me off to it, so I can't even say it's a rational dislike for it.

To be fair, on top of That Guy, there was one other who came in apparently deciding that Loyalist in BC was going to be his hill to die on.

He even admitted he wasn't being logical about it.

>he wasn't being logical
Arguments based on emotion belong in the garbage, Satan.