Warhammer 40k General

4-attack dreadnoughts are Official Houserules - edition

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

miniwargaming.com/gorkamorka
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

S10 confirmed, as expected.

As usual, let's start this general with some bingo

Praised be Johnny!!

Okay, maybe I'm not oldfagging hard enough, but whose Johnny and why should I give a fuck?

Fuck it, Free tile for today is now Games Workshop itself getting the rules wrong.

>Orks are a melee race!
>I2

We now have a precedent that if one piece of wargear grants +1 S and the other doubles, you apply +1 first because that's a "new profile."

Johnny is the mascot of the /wip/ board. He's a rogue trader marine that holds a bolter magazine up to his ear, presumably so that the magazine can whisper dark secrets to him. It's often captioned as such, with the bolter magazine inciting him to murder.

HA HA

TIME FOR 5A DEATH COMPANY DREADS

8A ON THE CHARGE

I made what is intended to be a thematic Samm-Hain Eldar list, though I'm not sure if it's too cheesy.

I went with shuriken weapons on the Windrider formation because I want to get milage out of the bonus rule, and I prefer Shuriken cannons to Scatterlasers.

I'm torn between Scatterlasers and Starcannons on the Hornets, Starcannons because I could uses some reliable anti heavy infantry/MC/light vehicle weapons (and to dodge the scatterlaser stigma) on the other hand, Scatter lasers come cheaper so i won't need to tear though the list to find to the extra 30 points (and there's something satisfying about the idea of 3 hornets blazing in and unleashing 32 shots of scatterlaser hell on the enemy flank/rear)

++ Eldar Craftworlds (1849pts) ++

+ Core (1199pts) +

Windrider Host
Farseer Skyrunner [The Spirit Stone of Anath'lan, Witchblade]

Vyper Squadron
3xVyper [Shuriken Cannon, Shuriken Cannon]

Warlock Skyrunner Conclave
4xWarlock with Singing Spear

6x Windrider w/ Twin-linked
3x Windrider w/ Shuriken Cannon
Windrider Warlock [Witchblade]

+ Auxiliary (650pts) +

Crimson Death
Crimson Hunter Exarch [2x Bright Lance]
2xCrimson Hunter [2x Bright Lance]

Hornet Swarm [FW]
3xHornet [2x Scatter Laser]

You're still confusing +1 and 1 point increase to stat line.

It isn't BODMAS, its not even in the order of operations, its just their new statline.

They don't go S4 + 1 for wargear x 2, it goes S5 x 2. They never stop being S5.

I remember when that honour was held by chaos lord rapedrill.

So now we know what happened to Commander Chenkov. He got promoted to Commissar Chenkov, and started leading scions with exactly the same tactics as he used with guardsmen.

A form of unending tide is nice for the IG, glad they got this.

Space Wolves Wulfen Edition was put up a few months ago, after C:SM and DA.
Why didn't we get the official update for A4 too...

I know any decent people will play "Roused to war" and that's cool, but I obsessively prefer something to be official, even if that is an autistic mindset.

They didn't get the rules "wrong", they failed to use an errata correctly. Not quite the same thing, though the result is the same.

As Death Company should be

TIL. Thanks!

Ah, that looks a lot better than the pixels in the OP image.

You guys think a mechanized Tau army would be fun? All infantry, skimmers, flyers and drones, no suits. For casual games obviously. I'm thinking of trying something like this.

Okay, so how do you determine which wargear changes the "base" statline, and which the "final" statline then?

Absolutely not.

>mfw I realise that I can build an entire Gladius Strike Force out of Betrayal at Calth if I just buy one more fast attack option
What's the best choice? I don't really like bikes and from what I hear, ASM are a waste of money in 7th.

it's a cute meme

go for it, it'll be less hated then suit spam but idk if it's viable. i fought some hammerheads in my last game but my foe got frustated with them because he couldn't kill my seeker chariot until turn 3 when i finally failed a 5++

What a bunch of faggots they are. Appalling ineptitude. I dont see how anyone but waac Tau, Eldar, and SM fags give them money.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think you actually do need assault marines in a gladius.

You do.

No, but you can.
>1 Assault Squad, Bike Squad, Attack Bike Squad, unit of Land Speeders or Centurion
Assault Squad
>Centurion
Assault Squad
Did that ever work?

I'm kind of lost, Battle brothers and detachments and all that thing.

If I want to make lets say Marines as my main army I would need HQ and 2 troops. That would be a combined arms? and in order to add lets say Imperial Guard. I would need 1 HQ and 1 Troop as an allied?

Or I'm missing something.

Always throught Tau could be fun as a mobile shooty force instead of a static gunline. Do Breachers make this possible, or are suits still the only way to do this?

Literally nothing wrong with this

Yeah you're right. 1 HQ 2 troops would have to be deployed as a combined arms detachment.
Any allied detachments need 1 HQ and 1 troop minimum.

Maybe a landspeeder?

Cool models and you can put two multimeltas into murder-range quick, or two heavy flamers.

I swear this should be our cover image, every single thread.

the closer you are the easier it is to get punched in the face. there's a few anons that chime in every now and again with success doing a sneaky non suit list

daily reminder that nobs on the charge with a klaw are still only str 9, and cant double out thunderwolves.

So you've got four kinds of detachments you can use:
>Combined Arms
>Allied
>Faction-Specific ("Decurions")
>Formation
You can use any combination of the above. The only limitation on this is that an Allied Detachment can't be your only detachment, can't have your Warlord in it, and can't be out of the same Codex as your Warlord. You can have your Warlord in any of the other detachment types.

If you have any units that aren't in a detachment, your army is "Unbound" and you lose the benefits of CADs and ADs, although you keep the benefits of Decurions and Formations.

>Always throught Tau could be fun as a mobile shooty force instead of a static gunline. Do Breachers make this possible, or are suits still the only way to do this?
Suits are the only way to do it well, Breachers are ridiculously short-ranged, yoru practicly have to BE on top of th eenemy unit to get any reliabl elkilling done.

The best way to use breachers as a mobile shooty force is stupidly enough to put them on the Tau moving gunline fortification, which doubles the range of their powerful shot.

>Cool models and you can put two multimeltas into murder-range quick
Hadn't even considered the possiblity of adding multimeltas. Thanks user!

It's fucking weird that it's the elite units that get the ability. As someone who always fields at least one squad of conscripts and was dumb enough to buy the montka book for formations, this pisses me off.

>decent people

nice justification. I can just see you playing orks now with your bullshit wulfen and thunderwolves charging 42 inches turn one.

"come on, bro. If you dont let my dreads have as many attacks as yours and be better at everything else in every concievable way too, your being a douche."

fuck your dreadnaught and your shit. Enjoy 2A forever.

They're pretty brutal in a Land Raider. Pricey, though.

This is exactly what I was hoping for

Time for infinite melta!

Gifts of chaos
They modify the stat line just like thundercav
Chaos will finally have their day, all because the space yiffs couldn't stop yapping

Wait for guard codex update

Does anyone have the miniwargaming gorkamorka campaign rules?

they will just argue that its a boon, not wargear, and does not work like their special snowflake equipment does.

miniwargaming.com/gorkamorka

i literally just copy/pasted your request into google.

If used this formation would I use the IG codex for them or the scions codex?

Or are they the same in both? I really want to pick this started set up now.
N-Not because it's powerful or a-anything, I'm not a WAAC fag!

Can someone please post all the new FAQ rulings?

Predicting "lol but i'm on phon :DDD"

Awesome I could finally use my Repentias for something.

Stormraven raining bondage girls into the enemy lines.

Honestly if you are taking anything other than pulsars on your hornets you're a mad man

Gonna start a Space Marine collection. My local meta is full of people who want to have fun so I'm thinking about abusing that by Going full 5th Edition by deploying loads of tactical marines, devastators and assault marines to have fun with them

It's MT, but it doesn't really matter since you can take a formation from one faction and a CAD from another.

>pay money to get the rules

How new?

There are more than 50 pages of them in all.

Jesus fuck, didn't even notice those.
...Why are star cannons even an option?
Better in every way at same price.

You mad man

They can't assault after using Grav-Chute Insertion, because it uses the Deep Strike rule. The Stormraven has to enter Hover Mode to use the Assault Ramp.

Scions Codex.

Which means that, you may be able to upgrade the Commissar into a Lord Commissar since it's an upgrade to their wargear and statline instead of a different model.

I've got bad news friend...

If you have to pay money to get those rules, you might want to get an adblocker m8.

>How new?
The ones from onward, I guess. Is that not a new page?

I'm just asking because I don't have the scions codex which could be a set back but don't they have the relevant codex entries in the start collecting kit?

God fucking damn it. Any other Assault vehicle? Landraider Crusader? The one back from the Armageddon Codex

>Going full 5th Edition by deploying loads of tactical marines, devastators and assault marines to have fun with them

So a Gladius.

Welcome to the herd.

I was looking to buy some imperial guard models and does anyone know if plasma/melta guns come in any of the boxes besides the command squads.

>3 Centurion Devastators are 60 Euros

No.

Source: I own the IG Starter box.

LR's only yeah, enjoy paying more for the box then the chocolates.

You sound fun. Tons of friends and active social life I assume?

>your opponents can still say no

>Wanting Dev Cents
>Being cancer

Time to buy a bunch of those and run them all with Lord Commissars!

Hallelujah it's raining men!

I don't wanna grav spam to deal with heavily armored dudes.

The formation is in the Start Collecting box, not the Codex. That's why it's news.

Any Assault Vehicle or Open-Topped transport will let them Assault after disembarking. Your problem is with Deep Strike, not Assault Vehicle.

Also, I should point out that you can't start the game in a Battle Brother's transport. You have to start them separately on the table and then load up.

A single 35 point mek gun is 46$

And I hate it because they look beautiful.

>Dev Cents
>Not Grav Spam

>"until such a time they are updated"
>space wolves recently got an update
>still A2
>"we have no idea what we're doing so just house rule it LOL"
Why even bother paying for rulebooks.

I suppose I should be surprised that GW rule writers are stupid, lazy shits.

So a Stormraven could work. I want to make "Zoom" sounds when moving it, while "Broom" sounds with the Landraider are cool is not as fun.

The problem would be to have the Repentia wait for their ride.

And why didn't they officially errata it?

And to have them stand around a turn in enemy firing range before being allowed to assault.

Furries already get enough toys though, they don't need 4A dreads

Well, time for chinaman I guess because unless that thing is made of gold it is in no way in hell worth that.

Damn it. How the hell I can make use of the bloody bondage girls.

To use dreads they'd have to give up some of their best toys so they have the points, we want to encourage them way from their worst shit.

Land raiders are your only option that doesn't make them worse on the table.

Talking about assault vehicles and deepstrike why the hell are drop pods open-topped vehicles? i mean its not like anything can reembark after its landed and its not like you can assault from it since it can only be embarked upon deep strike. unless i'm forgetting a rule that makes them special i cant fathom why they are open-topped.

If I remember my old school warhammer I would need two landraiders with two full squad of repentias to not suck that much.

They blow up easier.

To make them easier to destroy after they land, it's supposed to be a way to balance it.
Also, it's opened topped because it's open, it's fluffy.

It's just there to weaken them a little.

They are only open topped after they land, you know when all the doors are open exposing it's insides.

Here's how this is going to work:
>Stormraven enters the battlefield in hover mode on turn 2, flies to where your 6+ Repentia are cowering in fear
>Repentia load up
>Stormraven Zooms to your target on turn 3
>Stormraven enters hover mode on turn 4, deploying Repentia
>Repentia assault
>Stormraven gets nuked now that it's essentially a Chimera alone in the middle of the enemy
>Turn 5, Repentia maybe get to assault another unit, game ends

Is it really worth it?

Because they open up....

Thank you all i guess i was just being an autist this morning and couldnt remember that they are easier to destroy because of it.

>Manage quints for the first time ever on site
>Old thread
Such is life when you're a newb...

>If I remember my old school warhammer
Don't

If it's not 7th it's just muddying the waters.

>Giving a fuck about post numbers
Newb isn't the worst word I'd use.