Stat the undersiders, please

Stat the undersiders, please.

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1hxYrt2d6b_LAaMPphcZEzwAruiSHQaiaBa3x2WMsGvA/edit?usp=docslist_api
reddit.com/r/Parahumans/comments/2x6pr8/how_would_you_break_up_worm_into_a_series_of/?
forums.spacebattles.com/threads/worm-d20-worm-meta-dnd.301901/
audioworm.rein-online.org
suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=capes of rain city quest
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>undersiders
Size/Type: Medium Humanoid (Goblinoid)
Hit Dice: 3d8+3 (16 hp)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
Armor Class: 17 (+1 Dex, +3 natural, +2 leather armor, +1 light wooden shield), touch 11, flat-footed 16
Base Attack/Grapple: +2/+4
Attack: Morningstar +5 melee (1d8+2) or javelin +3 ranged (1d6+2)
Full Attack: Morningstar +5 melee (1d8+2) or javelin +3 ranged (1d6+2)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: —
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., scent
Saves: Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +1
Abilities: Str 15, Dex 12, Con 13, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 9
Skills: Climb +3, Hide +4, Listen +4, Move Silently +6, Spot +4
Feats: Alertness, Weapon Focus (morningstar)
Environment: Temperate mountains
Organization: Solitary, gang (2-4), or band (11-20 plus 150% noncombatants plus 2 2nd-level sergeants and 1 leader of 2nd-5th level)
Challenge Rating: 2
Treasure: Standard
Alignment: Usually chaotic evil
Advancement: By character class
Level Adjustment: +1

The who?

Is that one dudes costume literally just a dog mask. Lamest supers ever.

Solid 4/6 by the end.

They are the protagonists of worm.

It's an ever increasingly popular webnovel that is practically required reading material for all capefags according everyone who reads it
(Including me)

It's a good read is what I'm getting at.

Supervillain team from a pretty good web serial called Worm. I'd recommend it, although I can see how some people on Veeky Forums might be triggered by some Tumblr-y stuff in it.

boring capeshit/10 with some good ideas

>webnovel

fanfiction bullshit

>tumblr-y stuff
You mean the lesbians? There are exactly two of them if I recall. That's not that tumblr.

It's also really REALLY fucking long. How many words did it have? A million? Two? I recall someone saying it was as long as the entire Harry Potter series and you could still cram in the Hobbit with the remainder.

Undersiders Roster:
Skitter

Powers: Can control bugs and has super multi-tasking. She can sense what her bugs sense and her range is a mile in radius.
she micro manages millions of bugs at once.

Grue
Can create clouds of darkness Darkness. Grue can also leach powers from anyone who get's trapped.

Tattletale
she has super intuition.
It's hard to really explain. But basicly she can think really hard.

Regent
Powers: He has the ability to control nerves.
If Regent uses his power on a single person long enough he can control that persons body completely, utilizing muscle memory to make them act and fight exactly as they would normally. Taking full control of a single individual can take 15 minutes to two hours depending on the person.

Bitch
she turns dogs into hulking monsters. The size of the monster depends on how long she uses her power on them.

Imp
Power: Imp has the power to forcefully remove herself from memories of people around her. It's basically a vastly superior form of invisibility.
She can attack people and they won't know what's happening because they'll keep forgetting they were just attacked by her.

I agree, I like the series. However, some people on Veeky Forums in general take offense at anything that seems to be slightly politically correct. Not everyone, but some, which is why I put the disclaimer. And I was referring more to the fact that there are more girls with super powers in the series than guys.

>politically correct
There's a faction that's literally /pol/

>And I was referring more to the fact that there are more girls with super powers in the series than guys.
given how the powers are gained this actually makes sense given that most people aren't aware of what Trigger events are and how they work. people abuse women, all over the world.

>and her range is a mile in radius.
not without plot-relevant intervention, her basic radius for almost all of the series is "about 300 meters"

you mean the E88?
cause yeah, those guys were pricks.
but they were also very believable bad-guys

You're kind of overselling them there, a bit. Skitter, Regent, and Imp especially.

I mean, for one thing, Imp can still be seen by cameras, and her power can simply be out-ranged.

They're a powerful and well-balanced group, to be sure, but there's a lot of subtleties to their powers that you're glossing over.

Of course, that just makes them harder to accurately portray in an in-game kind of way, but that was already a thing.

1. That's a chick
2. Her identity is publicly known so she doesn't really give a shit

>imp can still be seen by cameras

Yeah, but the people looking through the cameras are still affected by her power. Not sure about pictures.

So, is this shit going to end soon or what? If the end is in sight I'll consider finally reading it. If the author is just dragging out the story for the sake of satisfying his graphomania, into the trash it goes.

1 mile was it's largest before khepri happened.

Imp stabbed Bonesaw and she wasn't spotted.

Regent's exact timeframe for taking control is sketchy and his control wasn't explored very much.
There was also some little side abilities that I didn't really mention either like regent being able to cause twitches or the inner workings of tattletale.

In what system?

docs.google.com/document/d/1hxYrt2d6b_LAaMPphcZEzwAruiSHQaiaBa3x2WMsGvA/edit?usp=docslist_api

Here's some weaver dice playtest capes if any anons care.

Also I'm digging the upswing of worm content

the main story of Worm ended a couple of years ago...the author is now wrighting other things, occasionally he goes back and edits a chapter for readability.

there may be a sequel in the distant future but that has yet to be started on

It's been done for years. He completed another novel and is halfway through a third.

Go read it and don't spoil yourself.

Huh... Perhaps it's finally time then.

> black characters
> project darkness and have the ability to hide from the law

> Arab character
> terrorist who destroys cities

> Asian character
> turns into a Chinese dragon

Wildbow has always been secret /pol/.

It's a time investment. It also takes a little while to pick up. Get through arc 2, and it hits it's stride a bit

>no it wasn't

>yes, but photographs weren't involved IIRC

>also true, however the twitches were used far more than you're implying

ALSO, SPOILER YOUR DAMN TEXT.

go fer it manga

>Chinese dragon
nope, sword and board standard dragon if you're talking about who I think you are...

Nice meme :^)

Pact was better.

Bitch
Bear 3
Elk 2
Falcon 5
Fox 2
Snake W
Wolf 3

Aspect:
Loves Dogs
Feral Child
Hidden Loneliness

Blessing:
Hound Speak: May take dogs as personal guard retainers. May use falcon when rolling to direct or train dogs.

The Hounds Gift: Spend a style point to give add the falcon to dog retainers Wolf and Bear stats for the scene.

Are those other two novels directly related to Worm, as in direct sequels?

No, they're completely different IP's.
One, Pact, is about witchcraft/magic in a semi-modern setting, and the other, Twig, is a fictional Victorian-esque world where people learned that alchemy was real and it actually works, and the story is centered on a group of children who are the products of alchemical experimentation.

They're both really cool. I liked Pact best because the main character was more identifiable, but Twig had some amazing style and elements.

Imp
Bear: 2
Elk: 4
Falcon: 3
Fox: W
Snake: 2
Wolf: 4

Aspects:
Unnoticed
Joker
An unsheathed glad

Blessing:

Ever Forgotten: You can spend a style point to have priority in any roll to act directly against you.

here's a better description of grue's power.

Sensory Deprivation, Energy Dampening, and Power Copying.

grue generates clouds of darkness that erase light, mute and sounds, and distort senses. It also interferes with microwaves, radio frequencies and radiation among other things.
He also gained the ability to use the powers of others while they are in his darkness. simultaneously leeching off of the powers of those in said darkness.
i don't think the 'steal powers' part of it will work aggainst anyone not from worm ecause of the nature of how wormverse powers in general but the clouds will also probobly be able to dampen certain magical attacks like fireball and flash.

Pact had a great setting but some bad pacing issues

Is twig done? I took a break from reading it because I didn't want to have to wait a week for every new chapter.

>but they were also very believable bad-guys
As opposed to /pol/, who often run face first into Poe's law.
He's doing a rewrite/edit in the next year or two to prepare for print, and will write Worm 2 after Twig.
No.

>Poe's law.
having never encountered this before I googled it.

it's a convoluted concept so I'll ask for clarification here, using this example.

it's difficult do determine how sincere /pol/ is about many of the views expressed there-in because there is never an indicator of whether or not they are joking about it? as a result people actually assume that /pol/ is filled with individuals who actually are Racist/homophobic/whatever it is that makes people not like /pol/.

as opposed to the E88 of worm who ARE white-supremacists because the author explicitly told us they were, and who all act like white supremacists?

or am I using Poe's Law incorrectly?

Pretty much. Some /pol/tards are actually like that, some just go there for the memes and nigger jokes.

>He's doing a rewrite/edit in the next year or two to prepare for print
I sure hope he trims a few thousand words off, or the book will look like a cube.

It will definitely be split into a series. It's 1M+ words.

1.56 million words last time I looked...

Where the splits will be will be rather interesting, as the chapters aren't remotely the same size.

Wildbow's fans have already been working on that for years and they have a pretty good idea of what they are looking for.
reddit.com/r/Parahumans/comments/2x6pr8/how_would_you_break_up_worm_into_a_series_of/?

it ended off at 1.7 M but will likely get trimmed down later in anticipation for a hardcopy release.

seems like it already got trimmed since the last time anyone I know counted...

.14 million words is like, a short novel yeah?

it might get shortened enough to fit in a reasonably sized 10 book set yeah?

As a side note, Weaver Dice games run by Wildbow are hilariously lethal. There's like an 80% PC fatality rate.

It ended a few years back.

The thing is, E88 has a lot of sympathetic characters. Kaiser dies heroically fighting Leviathan, and Crusader is hard not to like - He was born to be an organ donor to his retarded and bedridden sister, and triggered when the alarms went off after he tried to unplug her.

It's implied that he did manage to kill her and his abusive family, so he at least got payback.

That is seriously dark.

They were abusing him to keep a gimp alive. That's the kind of thing that fills someone with utter hatred. They were literally cutting pieces out of him to put in her, without his consent.

[coil]

He runs games? Wasn't PRT Quest boring as fuck?

I found crusader pretty easy to hate actually. He reminds me of too many assholes I know.

Yeah that was a shitty situation he was born into, but then he got out of it, and decided to be a dick to everyone. I get that he's angry, but he neither admits that the anger is a problem, or tries to do anything constructive with that anger. And then just full on buying into the full hateful bullshit philosophy he has now.
There is a difference between a reason and an excuse, and for him, he uses the shit he went through as an excuse.

Bitch is the fucked over by her family, and now has massive anger issues, but still sympathetic character.

>the main character was more identifiable
White boi gotta relate! Aw.

Man, do I hate this 'relatable' shit.

What would be great is condensing it into one doorstopper. What would be nice, one trilogy. The bare minimum would be two of those.

I found Worm to have an incredibly interesting setting with a bunch of awesome ideas. Unfortunately, the breakneck pacing and the plot becoming terribly uninteresting around the Two Year Time skip really killed it for me.

Most of the Fanfiction is far more Interesting.

>tfw got into my first WeaverDice game a few days ago
I'm fucking HYPE

Did he actually finish the system?

Oh no, not at all. It's all winging it and houserules for equipment, reputation, assets and resources. Which is generally fine, given most sessions are one on one.

who wants to bet that all of the games run by wildbow(that survive their first couple of months) are gonna end up being Cannon for Worm2?

I don't see more than a cameo happening.

Who here is up to the monumental task of trying to translate their powersets to dnd?

people looking through the cameras are only affected by her power if they're in her range.

Don't Forget:
>Nazi Character
>Turn into a white fog that makes undesirables vanish

>Evil Seekit Society characters:
>Literal Fedoralord

It really doesn't translate. Like, at all.

Also, what ever happened to that Worm Quest that some guy was running a couple weeks ago? Did he succumb to QMitius?

Nah, he's liberal as shit, just not a SJW. Which means he actually considers people who are not from his political spectrum as human beings.

>Worm Quest
capes over rain city?

no idea, I honestly think the guy died...not twitter presence, he just didn't show up for the party and there was no posting of apology or reschedule...

yeah, rapes of cain city or whatever it was called.
Died you say? sounds like QMitius has claimed another victim.

I can hope he isn't dead...we were just outside a room to the first big boss battle. there were player plans for after(if we lived), lairing up plans for revenue, and on and on...

a nice Daredevil-esque slice of life campaign would have been nice from my perspective...

agree, but I totally see a cameo happening.

Man, I thought that said Rapes of Cain City and now I'm disappointed.

kek

Hah, bastard.

The M&M GM is a moron who doesn't understand why power level exists, and removed the cap on Power DCs while keeping saves capped.

Skitter is THAT GIRL who pours all her points into a vaguely-described power with a hojillion Alternate Power (Dynamic) feats and then takes a bunch of personal life flaws, drawbacks, etc. to stick even more points into her GIANT ARRAY OF DOOM.
Grue has Darkness Control (Selective), AP:Dazzle
Bitch has Comprehend (Broad Type), Boost (Mass, Others Only, Limited:Animals) and a custom feat giving her +Diplomacy to animals, -Diplomacy to humans.
Regent's base power is Deflect with Action bought up to be faster, and the alternate is Mind Control with Action bought down to be slower.
Tattletale has the Well-Informed and Contacts feats fluffed as getting information from the astral plane of space monsters instead of actual contacts, a custom feat to do this for objects as well as people, huge Gather Information and Sense Motive bonuses, and not necessarily any mechanical M&M "power". Maybe Mind Reading.
Imp has Concealment.

>Imp has Concealment
She also deletes memories of her presence and doesn't affect electronic sensors such as cameras.

And affects those looking at the sensor readings if she's in range.

Don't know how that affects the stats.

> Using Mutants and Masterminds
> a system that falls apart if you look at it funny

It's in progress. It's really good, but not polished, so if you're an autist about rules then...

Disgusting.

I actually run a Weaver Dice game! Had to take some time off for Finals though.

skitter as a munchkin make so much more sense then it should

Pretty sure there's at least one story that portrays Worm as an RPG group's game and Taylor is a Munchkin.

I'm interested in that.

Oh fuck this is this thing over on Space Battles that everyone talks about that I've been telling myself I'd get around to reading eventually for three years now isn't it

I should really get around to reading this but it's so fucking big

forums.spacebattles.com/threads/worm-d20-worm-meta-dnd.301901/
You may want to wait for the rewrite.

>TFW waiting for Twig updates

Just rip the bandaid off already Wildbow goddamn it

audioworm.rein-online.org
If you are too lazy to move your eyeballs there's always the complete audiobook version.

Yes, and? Everyone and their dog knows it, and the devs even have a sidebar informing you of such.

The point of the game isn't to minmax, because that's trivial. The point of the game is to play a fucking superhero.

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE

the guy running it has simply been in the hospital for the last few weeks...

>Taylor is literally Edgy McThatGirl
Fitting.

>got hit by a car
It's the QM Curse.

Y'all got a link to the quests?

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=capes of rain city quest

that... was much better than I expected.

I mean, just having decent grammar was more than I expected, but actually pretty fun to read as well.

>Runs supers quest on Veeky Forums
>gets immediately sent to hospital
First Crusty, now Jim, oh the humanity!
RIP Crusty, sorry about your terminal ass cancer

>RIP Crusty
god I hope not, that man writes good smut.

Solid 7/10 - it got a little samey when compounded with his anonkun stuff, he's only got, like, 2 kinks, he does 'em well, but still, needs a bit more variety.

>fanfiction
I sure hope it's not like Hope Comes to Brockton Bay.
I mean, it's good if you ignore the slight Sueness of the MC, but then you get to the chapters where:
- Skitter gets involved in cliches that look straight out of the most generic romcom anime, which inevitably results in an actual romance (with sex aplenty, might I add) with some dude.
- This girl (Panacea? Something like that) is in a romantic relationship with the MC, but sexually frustrated as the MC has basically Barbie anatomy. So she suddenly realizes she was bi and uses this lizard dude as a literal fuckboy.

This was about halfway through the fic. I dropped that thing so hard I think it left a crater.

>posting an image where Skitter's face is exposed
I mean, it's a gorgeous pic, and I have it saved too, and most of the others depict her too short, but c'mon m8, her mask covers her whole face.

>>Chinese dragon
>nope, sword and board standard dragon if you're talking about who I think you are...
Lung, mate. Not... the other guy. Besides, Defiant used a polearm, not sword&board. That was Dauntless, and he didn't survive past Arc 8.
>Maybe Mind Reading.
HELL no. Well, unless she takes some serious limiters, but it's a plot point that she doesn't actually have mind reading. Though with M&M's encouragement of refluffing, I guess it could work.

Even that image makes her too short, Tattletale in the background is her height for god's sake.
Taylor is Huge.

Lung turns into a Western Style Dragon, not an Eastern Style. He even grows Western-style Wings after a certain point