How do you deal with the "class clown" of your group?

How do you deal with the "class clown" of your group?

I shot him

I just keep berating him whenever he interjects. It's starting to work

I encourage him. It's created a lot of memorable inside jokes and the players credit me/"my games" with providing so many fun evenings and campaigns.

He's doing half my work for me, he feels good getting the laughs as its how he likes to interact, and nobody seems unable to take serious stuff seriously when they have to. Everybody is happy. Doesn't seem like a problem.

Does "class clown" have negative implications where you're from?

My entire group is made up of "class clowns". We base our campaigns around it.

We're currently coming up for characters for a new campaign. So far we have an alcoholic chimpanzee named Brass Monkey, a white guy that insists he's a samurai and has rocket boots, "A Street Shark", a hard light hologram of Hatsune Miku that came to life when someone's holodeck malfunctioned, and a character that's a mix between Krombopulous Michael and The Sniper from TF2.

By running super serious games where nobody can have fun ever. This will remove any undesirably humorous elements from your group.

"Clown" isn't a playable class in any system I've run

Our fat sylph bard jumped into a megaladon's mouth with a battleaxe guitar thing the dm just said fuck it and let him have.

He passed the check to not die to the teeth, but jumped in the shark's mouth while screaming at the top of their lungs and drowned before we managed to take him down and cut it out.

Hit him in the face with a pie.

He's been promoted twice for increasing citizen happiness and showing excessive happiness (and managing to frame a GREEN citizen for his society shenanigans).

I've learned to anticipate what sort of topics he responds to in a cringey way and what set ups are necessary for him to be genuinely hilarious. Then I manipulate the conversations to where he and the others are comfortable.

In short, I accommodate him. Because he's my friend. I play games with my friends.

Honestly, for such a social hobby, its kind of amazing how many people here lack even the basics of social interaction.

Variant bard.

By playing when he's not around or likely to be distracted by a tabletop wargame, so his lolrandumb characters don't fuck things up for everyone else again.
Can't actively kick him, as he's the only ride for one of our regular, and better, players.

EXACTLY this!

Our group started off with a pretty standard issue Dark Heresy group full of 2edgy4u characters. As characters have started to die off, the players have been gradually replacing them with a bunch of anachronistic weirdos. Thus far we have
- An adept who is Shaun Connery's character from Indiana Jones
- A psycher who is pretty much Gregory House from House MD
- A tech priest who is a Krieger from Archer
- And a Grey Knight who is Walter Sobchak from The Big Lebowski

>That entire party
Jesus H Christ, I'm jealous.

"Are these cultists gonna hurt us Valterius?"
"No donny. These men are cowards."

bimp

Sean Connery.

What?

No, but ass clown does.

Oh wow, my latest character was a mix between Krombopulous Michael and Widowmaker from Overwatch.

Kick him out

This sort of faggotry gets old very quickly.