CYOA General; Revision edition

Last Thread Pastebin: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

What cyoas do you guys want to see revised?

Pride, forever and ever.

Would you guys prefer a generic giant mecha CYOA, or a Pacific Rim CYOA?

Generic Mecha.

Might as well post part two

Pacific Rim

Generic Mecha; haven't seen Pacific Rim

Generic Mecha for sure.
Fuck Pacific Rim desu

Quick, I need one more neat monster ability/body part for my CYOA.

Generic two-pilot mecha fighting kaiju.

Pacific rim is cool, but generic mecha is more versatile.

The giant fucking tail from this thing.

What exactly did we Ej Har heroes do to make you hate us this much?
We've just got different priorities than you, that's all. We're definitely not "terrorists".

Your dad was murdered by an Ej Har hero? Jeez, sorry to hear that. If you've got any clues, mind sharing them? As a member of the Disciplinary Squad, I'm not gonna let a murderer ruin our reputation!
... Well, not that we had much of a reputation to begin with, but still!

The funny thing is that he keeps treating Ej Har like they're the middle eastern school when Box is making an ACTUAL desert school for next time.

I have this weirdly shaped anti-magic sword, and I know that the killer has the other half!

I'm not sure who murdered him, but I heard rumors that if I came to Ej Har, I'd find answers.

Your Student Government President looks mighty suspicious though.

He seems to have Ej Har and Odesium confused since he's talking about blowing people up and stuff.

>responding to posts from last thread
>while the last thread is still up
user please. Dead threads stay dead. You don't bring up old shit.

Hey! We at Odesium are much more advanced than that!

When we blow things up, we always keep ourselves a safe distance away!

And the only explosives at Ej Har are either exploding spells or traps, and nobody is stupid enough to trigger their own explosive trap.

What, Prez? No way!
I mean, I can look into it for you, but I really don't think they did it.

Now that's a blatant lie! I damn near lost my arm when I studied with you guys!
Hell, I still have burn marks from it!

Well, those who pay attention in class keep themselves a safe distance away!

Well, she did announce to the school on a giant pedestal that she'd tell me who killed my dad if I managed to beat all the members of the Student Council in duels, so...

Not thirty posts in and we already have a shitstorm.

Might as well post a cyoa and be back in a moment.

shitstorm? chill, mang. we're just roleplaying.

and it's old...really really old. make a hero academy rp thread. fuck.

Would be a good idea.

that's not a bad idea...

but everyone who cares about hero academy already just hangs out here anyway.

but maybe we can work it out.

does Veeky Forums allow rp threads? i've never seen one, but then again, i don't really check other threads that much.

I thought you were going to investigate...
You don't like rational ways, do you?

could you insert an actual good anime into the hero academy setting instead of shit like klk?

Finally got this here OC in a more or less serviceable state.
It's not really finished as I have companions, perks, user's valiant escape waifus and more in the works but it's going to be a while before those are done and I feel this is perfectly playable as is.

Builds, complaints, feedback, even more ideas for augmentations are all very much welcome.

be gentle, user, this is my first OC

Hey, I was paying attention!
Do you know how hard it is to keep nitroglycerin from exploding while you're vaulting across rooftops while also trying to stay out of sight? Very!

Oh, you serious?
Must've been before I joined, then... Wait, but I'm on the Student Council now! You're not gonna fight me, are ya'!?

>high CHA
But i like this patron god thing, is there a follow up?

FUCK that shit. Exiling popular CYOAs just leads to shit like jumpchain.

Power Armor had a rp/pacyoa thread for months. Accidental Magical girl still has a thread.

If I were to make a CYOA that would stat you IRL, how angry would you faggots be?

Someone made it on a dare and no.

Just sounds boring.

NONSENSICAL IS OUR THING!

It's a Hiroyuki Imaishi anime. Since when is it ever rational?

Only the top four members.

Autism Prison kind of was a variant of IRL statting, wasn't it?

>Basing it on real life stuff.
>Basing it on how GOOD you are in real life.
user, this is a bad idea. The only CYOA like this that remotely worked was Autism Prison because it gave us more points for being shit.

Also why are you treating IQs of 130 as bad? That's remarkably good when the average is barely 100.

Daily reminder all other schools are batshit insane and filled with autists.

Odesium is the only sane hero academy school and actually is working on ways to save lives.

too much math.

No. Popular CYOAs have been exiled before and then come back when the fuss has died down some. There were threads for Conduit and Stardust, for example.
Now, these weren't exactly GOOD threads, but the current level of thread content that's just hero academy/builds for hero academy/rp about the builds is a little extreme currently.

Yes. It's you bitches throwing a fit because you can't ignore conversations you don't like. It floods the board with permanent cancer.

St. Flares:
>kids with chuunibyou
Lunestier:
>corrupt politicians
Odesium:
>mad scientists
Ej Har:
>do you even have to ask?
Uzuza:
>outdated street fighting men
??? (new school):
>holier-than-thou /pol/acks

Yeah, sorry. Everyone's batshit insane here.

>to save lives.
No, it's filled with crazy robots that want to turn world into machines, they are worst of all

*one crazy robot

It does give points for having autism though.

Some lives are more important then others.

I'm sorry, but as another user said, the scoring system just doesn't work. Most people here won't score that well, which will decrease the popularity of this CYOA. Also, CYOAs generally shouldn't be based on how you are now in RL, that clashes with the escapism wish-fufilment nature of this form of entertainment.

In addition, the upgrades are far too expensive. For an average person, having a crossbow in your arm and not needing to sleep gives you a 1/3 chance of dying.

The only way to have a decent score is to be afflicted with a ton of mental illnesses. Given the relatively weak nature of the powers, it just isn't worth it.

Remove the whole scoring system, just give points to spend on powers. Make the powers cheaper. If you keep the system as it is, I really don't think anons will like it.

>The only way to have a decent score is to be afflicted with a ton of mental illnesses
>Most people here won't score that well

user, have you forgotten where you are?

>Unique feature 13
>Biological cycle 9
>Cha +4
>Lifespan +1
>Int +3
>Wis +1
I don't know what the difference between the two is

>Mathematicha +3
>Imperia +5
>Esthetica +2

Oh, phew!
... I still can't allow you to attack other students, though.

Sorry, a roughly 1/3 chance of being crippled

I think there's some potential in having the start of a CYOA be based on your real-life self. Seems like it might help with the self insertion part, like it's "really happening". It would need a better and more generous scoring, though.

>user, have you forgotten where you are?

Well, memes aside, being socially inept is not a mental illness.

Did you miss the memo where she declared a week-long free-for-all where beating as many other people up as possible got you higher in the Student Council?

Many people here might have one or two (an autist with anxiety? sure) but not the 3-5 you would need to get a decet power selection and not die or be crippled

The admittedly flawed assumption is that people of average intelligence would have an easier time just going with the flow, whereas genius level intellect would, assumedly, be more in control of their emotions. This leaves above average to realize the danger they're in and freak out accordingly.

Also, user, I'm giving points for mental illnesses and shit. I'm pretty sure manic depression doesn't make you "better" as a person.

and the counterpart made by somebody with better grammar

Most people here don't have an actual mental illness, they just failed at life.

Autism cyoa works because it takes various scourges from groups around here and makes a bizzare adventure out of it. My stand is a super strong frog man, his power is a shotgun.

This on the other hand- eh. Could be done better by a more abstract system.

I was an exchange student at Odessium.
She seriously did that? Gonna need to talk to her about that, that's definitely abuse of authority.

Don't remind me.

115-135 is above average, though.
Like, far above average. World average is like 100.

>Also, CYOAs generally shouldn't be based on how you are now in RL, that clashes with the escapism wish-fufilment nature of this form of entertainment.
My next CYOA will at least make people feel conscious about their stats.

Don't forget those fucking ej har terrorists

A more abstract system?

Do elaborate.

We aren't terrorists, stop spreading that damn rumor!

I like it

Unique Taboo
Proffesion Typecast
str 4
Con 3
Dex 5
Int 3
Wis 5
Cha 3
Lifespan 5
Will power 5
Lemuria 5
Ethica 5
I made a race of monk people.
neat

There are two new schools.

Say you do it upon nearby objects, room size, length of fingernails, living family members, abstraction of birth date, blood type, etc, etc. There's a number of things that could be picked that could really make things interesting, while not necessarily binding it to the individual's form.

They called it the "Naturals Election."

...Oh. Naturals Election, Natural Selection. I just got that.

And her mother owns the world's largest corporation, so good luck with that.

Oh really Ej har. I bet you also say you don't scream "Ej ACKBAR!" When you are fighting? I know you are trying to blow us all up take away our freedums and impose Sharia law on us, like you have at your school. Damn towel heads.

Seriously, Box is working on an ACTUAL desert school next. Save the terrorists jokes for them.

final score before augmentation -10%. Fuck this shit, doesnt even give me a chance

Rolled 97 (1d100)

>+10% for age
>Not sure what my IQ is, but it's around 130-140, so I won't make changes based on that
>-55% from Swarm and Ouroboros
>-5% from 2x Clockwork (Lungs and Heart)
Literal 50/50 shot, let's go.

> Implying we don't need a real Gaelic school for our terrorist sterotypes
> COME OUT YE BLACK AND TANS

You're Dead Jim.

Good night sweet Prince.

I seriously don't get what you're talking about. I mean, we've been devil worshipers and heretics and such before, but this is... How do you even come up with this stuff?

Oh, how wonderful...

RIP

But, user, that's still 40 points worth of augments with a 50/50 chance of being perfectly fine.

What is "Ackbar"? What is "Sharia law"? What is "towel head"?

You talk like you're from some crazy alternate universe, mang.

>Make no changes
>Roll 99
>Become paralyzed

Costs are rather stringent. Will take care of that.

I just want to talk about hero academy

>My IRL suffering transfers to points.
HAHA. TIME FOR POINTS!
>overcome adversity
All.
>physically fit
Was until the "life threatening illness". Still currently not though.
>under 30
Yes
>suffer from
Four or maybe five of those. Three at least confirmed but one assumed due to family.
>Currently 190%
>Are you remarkably physically unfit?
How is this counted? I'd say at the moment I'm as strong as the average guy due to exercising for three years but I've no stamina... I think I'd pass this check.
>IQ in the 115-135 range?
If an online test is to be believed I score at 116. Best I have to tell.
>Currently 185%
EVERYTHING IS COMING UP user! But-
>If you feel there is something relevant that has no been mentioned, feel free to add and subtract
I'm almost thirty pounds underweight. Would you say that's worth 5% or 10%? Still rocking 180% or 175% either way.

Will do a build when it's finished. Other anons might not like the idea but I think you've done a great job. Reminds me of the karma CYOA.

wait till 300 post, then you can talk

Start a Hero Academy thread.
It's somewhat awkward to discuss it in the middle of all these other CYOAs, so it having its own thread would actually be kinda nice.

>Trying to exile popular CYOA again.
Fuck off.

>Even thinking about an act that falls under the domain of the seven deadly sins will drain your power.

God damnit. A shame, really liked the aura of purity power.

Will probably just take Diligence and train constantly for more power.

Quiet had it's own thread when it got out of control like Hero Academy has. Once that died down it showed up now and then back in the regular cyoa threads.

>People talking about CYOAs I don't like are out of control.
MASSIVE autism.

Like your spechul snowflake rping isn't flooding this board with shit also.

>Board
Putting it in another thread hurts the board more than you not whining about a few posts you don't like.

I'm sure CYOA's can coeexist, right guys

Heh yeah it's like, Ok i bought a single organ so I can survive and that's it.....yeap really super there.