Anyone up for rolling up a House using the SIFRP system?

Anyone up for rolling up a House using the SIFRP system?

mediafire.com/folder/6sar1o14399xv/SIFRP

.pdf's if anyone is interested or unaware of the tabletop.

We'll be using the "A Song of Ice and Fire Roleplaying (A Game of Thrones Edition)" to do most of this and "Out of Strife, Prosperity" as a supplement.

So if there's interest, roll 3d6 for Realm, please.

Other urls found in this thread:

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/19550420/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The Realm table.

House creation begins on page 96.

Rolled 4, 5, 6 = 15 (3d6)

>The Reach
Fuck yeah.

Oh a Reach House, that's a bit different, haven't had one of those since Karban in The Arbor. Sounds like a bit of fun.

Starting Resources table attached, for The Reach:

Defense: -5
Influence: 10
Lands: 0
Law: -5
Population: 5
Power: 0
Wealth: 5

Next up we'll need 7 rolls of 7d6 to get our starting resources. So please roll 7d6 until we've got those all filled up.

Rolled 2, 4, 2, 1, 1, 6, 2 = 18 (7d6)

Rolled 1, 5, 6, 1, 6, 6, 2 = 27 (7d6)

Rolled 6, 2, 1, 3, 3, 1, 1 = 17 (7d6)

>13 starting defense
Fack

Rolled 3, 1, 5, 2, 4, 1, 6 = 22 (7d6)

Rolled 6, 5, 1, 6, 2, 3, 5 = 28 (7d6)

Rolled 1, 5, 1, 3, 3, 3, 5 = 21 (7d6)

>mfw these rolls thus far

Rolled 6, 3, 3, 5, 2, 1, 4 = 24 (7d6)

Whew lads that was a rough opening. Dat Influence though.

Resources as of right now:
Defense: 13
Influence: 37
Lands: 17
Law: 17
Population: 33
Power: 21
Wealth: 29

Alright so next up is Founding, picture attached. I will need a 1d6, please.

Rolled 6 (1d6)

So we're the tiniest House with a really popular Lord?

Rolled 2 (1d6)

It looks like it, for now.

Both the Very Old and New options would be interesting given these rolls. Any preference guys?

Honestly fine with either. Too many events might muddle the quite clear distribution of rescources though, causing them to average out to more boring values, so why not go with new?

Fair enough logic, more fun to work with this mess I'd think. Baby House it is.

So with that in mind, we will need a follow up roll for the amount of events, please roll a 1d6-2.

New, there are plenty of old houses around westeros. New players are what shake up the scene.

I'd say go with new because it was the first rolled and is interesting it its own right.

Rolled 2 (1d6)

Rolled 2 + 2 (1d6 + 2)

Rolled 6 + 2 (1d6 + 2)

Rolled 2 + 2 (1d6 + 2)

Damn, not only was I too slow, I also failed to realise the options line does not take - as a command.
Shame on me.

That's three 0 Events (rounded up to 1, as it is the minimum) and a 4 Events.

The dicegods rule a single event, by their cruel fickle nature. A very, very new small House indeed.

So, attached is the History/Events table. I will need a single 3d6 to see what single event both started and currently defines our new House.

Rolled 4, 4, 3 = 11 (3d6)

Rolled 6, 4, 1 = 11 (3d6)

Come on Windfall or Doom.

Picked up a name real quick.

And yet again, the dicegods do speak with mundane words. How they must cackle with laughter. Infrastructure it is.

So, from the book:

>Infrastructure describes a period of peace and prosperity, a moment in your house’s history remembered for growth and expansion. Whenever you get this result, choose two different resources and increase each by 1d6. If infrastructure is your first result, your house was born during a period of expansion under your lord or king’s rule.

With that knowledge looks like we'll need to decide where to distribute our 2 1d6s. Any preferences guys? are our current dismal Resources.

Defense DEFINITELY needs a boost, and I feel like Law could use the other one.

The Reach is known for its far lands and famous knights, both things at which our house does not really excell. So perhaps we should upgrade land and power?

Alternatively, make it random!

Rolled 4, 1 = 5 (2d6)

I'd say put one into Law and the other into Wealth.

Defense and lands

Apparently we don't excel at much at all.

Defense even at its max roll of 6 would only jump you to 19, still not enough to purchase a Hall. You might be better off just biting the bullet on this one and living in your dinky little tower.

Law is absolutely pathetic, so yeah that's be a good choice.

Lands, Power, Wealth, all good options. Should we put it to a vote or make it random?

I'd say put it up for vote.

Random

Vote por favor

I think I'll keep the Law, it's a good one. And do a quick vote on the other one yeah? I'm going to not include Defense as it won't be very helpful right now. Unless you guys really want it, for whatever reason.

Please pick one:
>Influence
>Lands
>Population
>Power
>Wealth

>>Wealth

Power

Lands.

>Wealth

Wealth

Just about to roll a d3 on it. Law and Wealth it is then. In the interest of keeping this going, I'll need 1d6 for them both please, I'll take the first two respectively and then we can get to spending.

On another note, I'm not too sure what sort of House history we're looking at here. It's post Robert's Rebellion, in The Reach who sided with the Crown so I wouldn't guess they'd be in a position to expand then. Maybe we bump it up a few years and it's a post Greyjoy Rebellion House? I don't know, you guys throw some ideas around.

Rolled 2 (1d6)

Rolled 4 (1d6)

Rolled 2 (1d6)

This is a sorry ass house if I've ever seen one. How is it even possible to roll this poorly?

I mean, it could just be House Tyrell or whomever our overlord is(House Hightower is quite wealthy) wanting to build a new castle or whatnot. I don't believe the Reach was as devastated as other parts of the continent were.

+2 Law, +4 Wealth
At least we have a couple respectable numbers now?

New Totals that we'll be using to buy things with:
Defense: 13
Influence: 37
Lands: 17
Law: 19
Population: 33
Power: 21
Wealth: 33

So, first off is Defense, which is a pretty easy since we literally can't afford anything other than a Tower for 10, leaving us with 3 Defense left over. We're a tiny House with tiny holdings. Easy enough there.

Next up is Influence, picture related. So with this comes a couple decisions, do we want to be married and have children already? Or just a young bachelor and leave it unspent.

Perhaps our House rules over a town near the border to the Crownlands or Stormlands that was strategically important during the War of the Usurper.

To ensure it would not fall to the enemy, a small lord was put in charge of it, who built a small tower or whatever we can afford with our Defence score there.
This covers both "infrastructure" and the timeframe of Robert's Rebellion.

What else can influence be used for?

We could be on one of the Shield Islands maybe? Would explain our abyssal Law with Ironborn dicking us and low Lands since we probably are just sitting in our little tower somewhere meant to be the first warning and sacrificial lamb.

Young bachelor lords are a little too common...

My person suggestion which is likely to be met with a lot of disapproval, is three daughters which would be a total cost of 20 (10+5+5) leaving 17 spare. Let's make this challenging.

That sounds fun.

Nothing else, it's only used for that and determining your maximum starting Status, which in this case is 4.

With our Lands we'd only be able to afford a Hamlet at best, doubtful it would be very strategic.

Not bad ideas. Might be a better bet we'd be sworn to one of the smaller Houses and not directly to the Tyrells. The Hightowers, one of the Shield Houses, Rowans, that sort of stuff. We are very small. Could even be a cadet branch?

I actually think that sounds very interesting.

I'm down like a clown, Charlie Brown.

What have I done?

It what has to be one of the more amusing choices Veeky Forums has ever made with its Houses 3 daughters it is. Meaning our Lord is probably in his later 30s maybe early 40s, or they are all very young girls and he's in his early 30s, late 20s. We'll come to that later I suppose. Now I wonder who their mother is, and if she's alive post Rebellion.

I really wonder what our Lord (or Knight maybe for a different flavor?) did to earn his place.

So 20 Influence spent, Firstborn Daughter (10), Secondborn Daughter (5), & Thirdborn Daughter (5). What an interesting House indeed.

So next up is our Lands, table related once again.

As we are in The Reach we will automatically be taking the Plains for our likely only Domain, leaving us with 12 more points to spend. Any ideas?

Weren't there three Clawwater girls iirc?

We could be a cousin or something Paxter had adopt them after Karban dropped them when it got frustrating. It fits in with us being a dirt poor shitstain of an island house if we pick the Shield Islands

We could even have a reason why we needed adoptions.

>being related to the unluckiest house in Westeros.

I like the shield island idea, personally

How about a road? That way we can bring trade to us from the ports?

Are you sure to go with an island on this one guys? Cause we are not gonna get much if we do.

I'm down for the Shield Islands idea personally, just being a little speck on Greenshield maybe?

Plains+Coast+Light Woods+Road = 16
Maybe Grasslands and a Stream to use that last 1?

If we're a Shield Island, it seems like the only choice that we have would be:
>Island (10)
And after that, the only affordable bonuses would be:
>Grassland (1)
>Stream (1)

So, one island with two streams, one island with some grassland and a stream, or one island with two large expanses of grassland.

I quite like the idea of a craggy little island covered in streams, personally.

So we have a bunch of daughters that are all ready to be kidnapped by the ironborn? Sounds great!

I second the shield islands idea. Since we do not have a lot of power, maybe the least attacked island, Southshield, would work? That would put us under command of House Serry, who in turn answer directly to the Tyrells.
Since no other houses on Southshield were ever mentioned, the Cadet Branch idea might work well for us.

As such, we should definitely buy a coast feature.

You don't need to purchase the Island part of the Domain unless you want an entire island to yourself. Just getting a Coast would be enough to put you on the island (and likely sworn to whomever is the actual Lord of it) without owning the entire thing and wasting all of your resources on it.

At least that's how I've always viewed it. Nothing is stopping you from owning your own little island though.

Now that I look at it, we've got a pretty large population. Fuck, we actually have the optimal population size - balanced between being unwieldy and huge and tiny and worthless.
>31-40: Modest population. At least one town and several small hamlets.
So we need a fair bit of large to house our population, if we're being realistic about this. A single island is so expensive it wouldn't really house enough people.

I thought it was a modifier for whatever type of terrain you purchased? Although this maybe affected by how House Kharban was made.

huh that actually sounds a lot cooler, thanks!

Coast
Ruins(spoopy)
Dense woods(double spoop)
stream?

>So we have a bunch of daughters that are all ready to be kidnapped by the ironborn? Sounds great!

We've made a lot of wonderful decisions thus far.

I'd allow a Cadet Branch of House Serry, that would work.

>As such, we should definitely buy a coast feature.
Yeah that would be an absolute must.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by that. Could you explain further?

Valid idea.
Also valid if we want to own our island.
Also valid, and spoopy.

Any other opinions?

I'm still pining for the road idea, because roads bring trade and allow for easy maneuvering between our lord house and us.

So
Coast(3)
Road(5)
Light Woods(3)
Two Streams(2)

Just one stream, sorry.

Trade on the Shield Islands shoud we be ther, if at all, would be by sea route, wouldn't it?

Though the defensive aspect can not be denied if our lords can help us quickly, but they are mostly known for their defense to sea, not to land.

So it might not be as useful as hoped. Still sounds like reasonable investments though.

This is Westeros, mate. Genuine roads are a rare thing. Hell, the King's Road is little more than a large, muddy welt in the land that goes from King's Landing to the Wall. Unless we're on an important trade route, roads aren't a good idea at all.

We're all agreed on
>Coast (5)
which leaves us 7 points left. I'd personally add on:
>River (3)
>Light Woods (3)
>Grassland (1)
This gives us some space for our serfs, some woodland for basic industry and a river might make for a useful piece of terrain.

If we're making ourselves out to be pretty dilapidated though, we could swap the river for ruins. Same cost.

I mean that if we choose to go island it any land we choose has a +10 added to it, I think. Although as I said I am basing this off House Karban's first thread and Princely may have gotten it wrong.
suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/19550420/

I think there were two Clawwater girls, I can't remember it has been a very long time.

The Lord/Knight of the House could have always married one of them, I think Karban took place in ~270AC, enough time to marry and have 3 children. Tiny, tiny House on an island might be the best a match those poor girls could get. A suggestion at least.

Ah I see what you mean. It very well could be either one of us getting it wrong. I always saw it this way however, so it's what I'm going with. To avoid forcing you guys to use all of your points on an Island.

Also a valid option. There doesn't seem to be too much debate or leaning however towards one idea or another other then being on one of the Shields and not on our own. So let's just say at the very least we have a Plains(Coast), so that's 8 spent.

Leaving you with 9 actually. You have 17 to spend. Either way that is a valid option.

We'll put it to a quick vote:

Plains (Coast) auto, spending the rest of the points...
>Light Forest+Road+Stream, all 17 spent
>Dense Forest+Ruins+Stream, all 17 spent
>Grasslands+Light Forest+River, 15 spent

>>Dense Forest+Ruins+Stream, all 17 spent

God we are so fucked.

>>Dense Forest+Ruins+Stream, all 17 spent

And thus House Serryspook was born

Wait, yeah I think I fucked up interpreting it. Your right about it buying an island. I'd say get a wetlands, a coast, a hamlet,and either a stream or a grassland. That should be a full 17.

You mean our daughters will be. Poor things.

Though maybe those ruins would be spooky enough to keep the ironborn away?

>Grasslands+Light Forest+River, 15 spent

We could be that one weirdo house in the south and do what Bear Island does, train the female heirs to fight. Though that'll kill their marriage chances.

And so it shall be, the spookiest of locations.
Plains(Coast+Dense Forest+Ruins+Stream)

An idea, perhaps the Tower that the House occupies is the only one that is totally ruined on the Ruins? The rest of the former castle is in ruins from an ironborn attack years and years ago. You or your overlord just don't have the resources to fix it up to its former glory.

Anyway, we'll move along now that that is sorted.

Next up is Power, picture related. We have 21 to spend. Thoughts?

There's a difference between making Briennes out of them and secretly teaching them how to gut an Ironborn if they get too close.

Rape is imminent. What did this house do during Robert's Rebellion? Maybe the tower is a big watchtower with signal fires to warn the rest of the Reach in case the Greyjoys came to do some iron pricing?

I figure warships for an island house. Other than that i dunno. Archers?

A decent garrison for our tower would be a good start, plus a warship if we're going to be dealing with Ironborn.

Beyond that, should we aim for swarm tactics or a small and solid base to build our forces on?

Agreed with warships, but how much of a dedicated garrison does one tower really need?

Silk hiding steel. Sounds good to me!

We should definitely get at least one ship, so to be able to afford it, so how about:
>Trained Warships (10)
>Trained Sailors (7)
>Green Garrison (3)

Would leave us with 1 point unspent.

Trained Garrison (5), Trained Archers (6), Trained Warships (10) is my suggestion.

1 point? ITS LEVY TIME

Seconded

This one seems cleanest. We're defending the island, not proactively hunting down Ironborn. No need for sailors, a decent garrison and some good archers should do a reasonable job.

Do we need sailors to man the warship, or do they come with it?

this

Warships come with crew. Sailors as a unit are like marines.

The warships come manned but aren't capable of going on land. Sailors are presumably able to both man ships and operate on land, but they don't come with ships attached.

The feeling I get is that sailors are a good idea for boarding and seizing ships.