Rumored MtG banned list for July:

Rumored MtG banned list for July:

Modern: Sensei's Divining Top is unbanned in order to give blue decks more power, and also to give Mardu control decks more power, as this will allow them to play Dark Confidant, Nahiri, and Emrakul in the same deck. This will also allow Miracles to emerge as an archetype in the format. In order to keep the newly unbanned Top in check, Counterbalance is banned.

Legacy: In order to keep Miralces in check, Counterbalance is banned.

>Rumored MtG banned list for July:
[Citation needed]

Where does this rumor come from? Who said it?

Also, if true, it's retarded beyond reason. Top was banned for time issues, WotC admits this. Additionally, Miracles, while good, is hardly the best deck in Legacy and it is seriously up for debate as to if Counterbalance deserves a ban.

2/10, got me to respond.

You happen to be retarded, top isn't banned because of balance issues but time.

Top is banned because it's a gameplay-legal way to make time.

Haha, no. Never going to happen given how top bloats games. Wallet Sculptor, however...

Thing is, JtMS isn't banned because of balance issues. He's banned because if he ever got unbanned, he'd make Goyf look affordable by comparison.

That being said, I can see him coming back now that he's been reprinted in EMA.

But so are fetchlands, yet those are all legal.

JtMS won't come back, yet. They don't want to power creep one of the only cards that's moving SOI boosters off the shelves.

>Implying Unraveler of Secrets is playable anywhere but in Standard

There's no way they are unbanning Top in Modern but I would aprove a Counterbalance ban.

>Just bought four ofs for every currently banned card.

I'm ready!

I mean Nahiri...

This is the official word. But it's really banned for power level reasons.

I'd unban Top in Modern.

Modern: preordain is unbanned, garbage blue cantrip, nothing changes wotc gets to pretend they did something for blue.

Legacy: no changes

Vintage: monetary mentor is restricted

I would be very surprised if there wwre any changes to modern. The format seems really healthy right now.

Not really. Blue still struggles in the format. We've had passing fads, namely Thopter Gifts and Jeskai Nahiri, but neither incarnation of the blue control archetype really took off. While on the other hand, we still have Zoo, Jund and Tron everywhere. Let's face it: unbanning AV didn't save blue. Unbanning Sword didn't save them. Printing Nahiri didn't save them. It's time we got either Jace, Top, or one of the cantrips back.

>unban top
>countertop instantly takes over modern as tier 0 in 2 days flat since modernbabbies cannot into control worth shit and seriously need their hand held in order to deal with the PTSD which is not turning sideways for the fences.

Modern is not a healthy format when blue and white barely exist as colors. White isnt even a color, it's just 1 card: Path. Blue literally has been nerfed to death by a combination of the fact that Top, Jace, and Cantrips are all banned, and the fact that WoTC hasn't printed good counterspells since Masques block.

I think it's mostly that Modern doesn't have the tools to deal with Terminus/EoT Entreat for three.

counterbalance is pretty good if it gets top going with it, thats a whole hell of alot better then the retardation printed nowadays though.
>literally printing double blue unconditional counterspells breaks the game in half somehow because aggrobabbies run WotC

Does miracles need nerfing though? I hate the deck as much as anyone, but I seem to have a 50/50 winrate against it on DnT.

>Vintage: monetary mentor is restricted

Is mentor even like... top-tier right now? It seems to have a lot of problems with the various Eldrazi-Shops-Hate Bearer hybrid decks, it can still get combo'd out, still vulnerable to Oath, still loses 1/3 games to Dredge...

It's nowhere near as oppressive as Lodestone Golem was. I mean if Blue ever becomes too powerful, just unrestrict Chalice.

It's a format that's all aggro rn. The correct thing is to unban some less oppressive combo pieces, but wotc refuses to do that.

It has literally 2x the next top deck in the past 2 months.

No, it's fine. It's more of just how consistent and common the deck is that gives it that ever-present reputation. It's not actually all that broken and it helps keep the meta healthy. Banning Miracle pieces would not be great for the format.

It's a really common deck right now. It has more to do with how many people are playing it than it being broken or oppressive.

I mean you just don't see decks like OmniOath, Doomsday, Belcher, even DPTS all that often. Blue-White Control, Delver, and Shops have always been the most commonly played.

Jace wouldn't power creep Nahiri....Nahiri is a great card, but it doesn't belong in blue decks. The fact that it's carrying blue control decks is just a testament to how good and versatile the card actually is. Either way, it belongs in aggro/midrange naya or mardu.

This. The card is a monster in Kikki Chord and Mardu Prison/Midrange. If Jace got unbanned, yes, he would take Nahiri's place in the blue decks, but Nahiri never belonged in those decks to begin with. Only reason she ended up in them was because Gerry T was sick of how bad Thopter Sword was, so he turned to Kikki-Chord's shiny new win con instead.

And then all the sheep just followed him

>mardu prison
Real decks only please.

>Unbanning Top in Modern
Protip, the card isn't banned for time reasons.

>Banning Counterbalance in Legacy
Zero reason to do this. Americans are just butthurt that they're too fucking retarded to beat Miracles. The top 16 of GP Columbus had 8 copies of Miracles, while GP Prague only had 2. Legacy doesn't have a Miracles problem, Miracles has an America problem.

>Legacy doesn't have a Miracles problem, Miracles has an America problem.

Unban top in modern? Sure, I am quite intrigued how will the meta develop. Would be interesting to watch.

But...
>Sensei's Divining Top is unbanned in order to give blue decks more power
I don't see how a colorless artifact that is usefull in almost any deck would beneffit just blue

Draw-go benefits the most from card selection, every card in an aggro deck does the exact same thing and combo like Scapeshift/Ad Nauseam can just cast cantrips until they hit their namesakes without wasting 1 mana per turn looking at the top 3.

>every card in an aggro deck does the exact same thing
Apart from the land which eat 1/3 of your draws. One of the main reasons why Legacy decks are more powerful than Modern decks is that you can do more with your land than play it and cry as you have nothing to cast with all your land. Daze to counter a spell and bounce one back to your hand, then Brainstorm to put 2 back in your library then shuffle them away. If you've drawn 15 cards and only have 3 land down, that means 12 pieces of gas. Top lets you avoid those dead land draws.

ya, because auto countering anything 1 cmc, on top of your top 3 being possible counters, ON TOP OF any hard counters they have in hand, is totally fair. Not to mention terminus at instant speed and laming it out with jace. Miracles is literally everything I hate about magic all in one deck.

You're talking about deck fairness when in the D&T v Storm semi finals at GP Prague, game 2 ended turn 1, and game 3 ended turn 2. Yet no one complains about Storm, do they.

Thats because storm, especially ANT is a very all or nothing deck that can lose to itself without the other player having to do anything. Its also very predictable. Its just make mana>tutor chains>storm out. It also doesn't stop you from playing magic. Vs miracles anything 1 cmc is almost guaranteed to be dead, and everything else is a constant guess as to weather or not it will resolve. And if by some act of god you do end up establishing a decent board, terminus says no. I mean even with other grindy decks like MUD or other chalice decks, you know exactly what can or cant be done. Challice straight up says "fuck your x cmc" and things like thallia/loadstone/trinishpere can be played through eventually, you just need the mana. Miracles is just like "no fuck you, you cant play magic"

You're kind of retarded. Storm beat miracles in the finals of gp prague, and yet storm is the kind of deck miracles is supposed to prey on. Miracles is really not that big of a problem. It's just because Amerifats are too dumb to beat it.

>fuck your facts because one bo3 match
K.

The last game was beautiful, but only because it was such an uphill battle that the Storm player managed to navigate to perfection.

I mean I'm pretty sure the guy beat other miracles opponents on the way to the top. A good storm pilot can work their way through a miracles deck. I don't think it's such a big deal that combo decks are "forced" to run Abrupt Decay, since they probably would anyway to eat things like chalice or trinisphere and hate bears