Table Top Maps

Can we get a maps thread going, anything VTT or general table top maps.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!rlpDDCLJ
mega.nz/#!rlpDDCLJ!O5o5EQko8-G1c_jgoyKNXInOEXKkv8bEs3R1zdkxHYw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

anyone got any "guard tower" layouts?

or old school(verifiably victorian architecture if possible) laboratories, libraries, universities, etc...

I need them because reasons...

Think I may have 1 or 2...

I'm surprisingly low on victorian stuff...surprised.

Still This and the link are the last of what I have.

mega.nz/#!rlpDDCLJ

!O5o5EQko8-G1c_jgoyKNXInOEXKkv8bEs3R1zdkxHYw

Forgot that part :/

Actual fixed link

mega.nz/#!rlpDDCLJ!O5o5EQko8-G1c_jgoyKNXInOEXKkv8bEs3R1zdkxHYw

Contribootin

I haven't made maps in

Used this one last session 2/?

*I haven't made maps in forever.
I should try getting back into it.

2/?

How do you make maps? i'd like to learn
3/?

4/?

Is this donjon tool?

I would use photoshop. Put down a layer to serve as the "walls", then sculpt the negative space in a layer over that. Make sure to have a standard grid size for the whole thing.

I had a map based on de_dust2 that was pretty far along when I reformatted my computer and lost it all. Now, sadly, all I've got is the muddy re-skin of it I'd made years earlier, which is awful but I might as well share to show what not to do.

Honestly, "what not to do" is try to sell 3d structures and terrain in a 2d image.

5/?

I'm looking for maps with perspective kinda like this.
Anyone has some?

It's photoshop, varying eras of it.

I did find a WIP of my dust2 remake, but it's full of placeholder textures, no shading, and just marks on the map to denote where major features were gonna go.

Oh, i see. another question, how do you do the lighting, like in Looks pretty decent.
6/?

7/?

8/?

That early one, most of it's just standard photoshop layer blending, lay a bevel emboss on a layer and it'll look like it has lit faces. Add a drop shadow, and it look like it's casting shadows on the floor too (or, inner shadow if you're sculpting the floor positively and the wall passively). Now, the technique used to give the terrain some shape (though I way, WAY overdid it) was to drop down an adjustment layer that was, say, 50% gray, set it as an overlay layer or something, and then use airbrushing techniques to darken and lighten areas. You can also use this to give the impression of shadows being cast from other parts of the terrain, or from objects on the walls that would otherwise be difficult for players to discern in a 2d image. The sharp grid-based nature of D&D makes perspective very, very tricky to use. I haven't run an online game with maps in a long time, especially with custom made maps, but if I were going to take it up again, I'd probably put a lot more effort into making tiles and walls look right, that's something I always felt I struggled with.

9/?