CYOA Thread

Last Thread:
Pastebin: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/folder/43r0qdm4sm895/The_End_Approaches
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Shunpo and Shadow, definitely.

Same here. Can shunpo move through physical barriers?

Dragon and Shaolin Iron Body. I'm going to get beaten up a lot with something as flashy as Dragon, so I might as well git gud at being beaten up.

shun po and flowing stances
can you say wing chun?

No waifu
No buyfu

Somebody last thread posted asked:
>That's what you can do with that shard? Holy crap, who ever is in charge of this Diligence thing must be a real powerhouse.
That would be God. God made the altars for the chosen.

>So if someone like Temperance got a hold of it, he could lift very heavy objects and use clairvoyance more easily (maybe even reaching the point of precognition.) Amazing, what happens if Sloth gets a hold of it, though? I know it might not be completely possible, but I just want to know.
Only Temperance's telekinesis would really be affected. Probability doesn't scale at all and Clairvoyance is all about focus and experience. The shard doesn't really get you further down your path, it gives you raw strength and energy. Though it's not entirely wasted on him, because he would be able to do MUCH bigger stuff with his telekinesis, and it would be enough to not take the burn.

The shard can be stolen as any other object, but sloth wouldn't like it too much. Obviously if he's using the shard then he can't be lazy, and he doesn't have too much to do even when full of energy, his only offensive power being an aura that makes things around him stop working. Maybe in the extreme late-game if he can get some artifacts then he might be able to make use of the shard in conjunction with them. Depending on how I feel like fluffing the shard, he may not be able to respawn after being fizzled by it

the shard in question is from an add-on I'm considering making:
Holy Gifts (Choose 1):
Notes: Charity is allowed to own a gift, and kindness cannot gift a Holy Gift.

Universal Focus- A shard of the altar of diligence, holding this aloft will cause the infinite energy of the universe to flow through you. Even as one of the chosen, your body isn't made to handle this much energy coming in all at once

Shoulder Angel- will do her best to keep you on track, give you tips about working with your restriction, and may even help out more directly, though she's not much of a fighter. She can die, in which case she respawns 40 hours later, descending from heaven to join back up with you.

Little Red Box- delay losing your power when breaking your rules

Rosary Beads- Holding these while praying at a church lets you teleport yourself and up to twelve nearby people to any other church in the world.

The Colt- A revolver with six bullets. Each bullet will kill whatever's shot with it instantly, no matter what it is.

Pure Holy Energy- You begin with your powers as if you had been doing good for a year

Second Chance- The first time you die, you awaken three days later in a cave in the middle-east

The Reward- You may select a mortal to become the unnoficial Virtue of Karma, who reflects damage back on attackers. Doesn't count towards kindness' power

Plus 2 or three more that I haven't come up with yet

and here's the sins counterpart it was inspired by. HD remake soon maybe?

Pilot.

reposting my oc again while i'm reworking it so you guys can point out the mistake or add any suggestion

dragon and shaolin iron body
damage tank wooo

Box Wine if you see this I want your opinion on

ayy lmao

>remake?
when you make it

Dank meme, bro
I put that there because somebody already IS working on a revamp

Working on it. Will take some time to balance every thing, though. As for what I have so far;

Get rid of the mental degradation of Sloth, but keep the physical.

Find some conventional way to allow Gluttony too keep his sanity while still making it somewhat difficult.

A third ability to Envy that will allow him to copy one chosen's ability at a time. JUST ONE.

Reworking Greed's companion to be more useful, and add a traditional deal ability.

Anything else to suggest in terms of balancing the main powers? I don't want to nerf Pride by weakening his powers.

Shadow and zenith

Meditate all day every day.

Hmm, these gifts all look enticing. I might have suggestions for some other items.

Some kind of Sin divining rod that gets stronger and more accurate with your maturity.

A small book with holy rituals.

That's all I have, I'll let you know if I come up with anything else.

>God made the altars for the chosen.
But wouldn't that contradict the story behind the Kronial in pic related?

What's your opinion on grammar and capitalization?

What level of twchnology wirld has. On one hand it says companions can't use your weapons and accessories so probably medival, but wouldn't using mechanical trasportation very dangerous? None seen thus type of "horse" in his life and walking 20 meters from your buggie and expect it to be stolen

i'm suck at it

medieval and yea, that is the risk. that's why i don't really add disadvantages to the vehicle

Hibiki is cute. Cute!

Pride's gonna need some nerfs, one way or another. He's got the highest base stats of everybody but wrath, the highest IQ period, can force anybody to do what he says (to include the chosen with some RNG. Other sins have ways to subjugate the other chosen, but at least they have to work for it, pride just says "hey you!" and flips a coin), and the end of his description literally says, and I quote, "effectively make you a god". He is set up to be THE final boss, having minions and whatnot. It may be better to start from the ground up with him. Balancing a final boss against the other bosses is gonna be wonky

I first saw that about 2/3 of the way through making mine, and decided to just not consider it canon. In the unwritten lore behind mine, the sins came out of fucking nowhere and heaven didn't realize it until just after they popped up (before the sins had a chance to really do anything, but still), so the public doesn't know that the champions are a thing at first, and the sins have a slight head start

There was a big talk about waifus two threads ago. 1. Mainly people wanted more waufus 2. If Hopea is "I demand attention" type who hits on other men if you wont spend all time with her

Protect the thread from the Heroes Academy
I wouldn't mind if we lost it though

I think if it had its own thread I would participate in the roleplaying.
In the general it only gets in the way and people shouldn't be doing it.

I'm sure you want to take big hero academy post right inside this thread, you slut

>mfw

so what should about the second statement?

What if I made the chance of Pride's command to work on a chosen 25/25/25/25 instead of 50/50? Would that make things better?

Also, your boons inspired me. I'm going to add some in this remake. I'll let you know when I have a basic list.

I agree, but I'm not sure it's big enough to have its own thread. It certainly is too big to be consuming entire CYOA threads, though.

>dousing rod
The thing is that the later it gets, the more the sins will be showing off what they can do and where they are, with exceptions for lust and envy. And it doesn't take too overly long for Kindness' aura sense to be able to sniff them out.
>holy rituals
What kind of rituals would be in this? I don't want to step on the powers of the chosen themselves too much, and obviously it shouldn't overlap with any of the other gifts.

The two obvious artifacts to add would be the holy grail and a piece of the cross, though I'm not sure what either would do

Tell us how it is, "Pay attention to me user, pls :(" or "I demand you be with me 34/7" is she yandere

It's instantaneous movement not teleportation.

Hibiki is for sexualization

No matter how I slice this it comes off as weak bait

>With Exceptions for lust and envy.
Don't forget Sloth as well, all he does is sit on his ass all day.
And maybe Greed, there are many ways to make money these days and one could easily consider him to be just another successful entrepreneur or investor.

For holy rituals, I honestly have few ideas. I'd consider some healing, but you already have two virtues for that. Honestly, we could just consider it later.

As for the holy grail, maybe make it so that those who drink water from it have all the food they need for a day.

Thoughts.

Maybe instead of true RNG make it a will save kind of thing? Enhanced suggestion that maybe doesn't work quite as well if you're onto his shenanigans? Instead of just telling the other chosen to obey him, make him convince the others to join him.

Putting things entirely to RNG pretty much always just looks lazy to me, and gets in the way of imagining a good build or whatever. What's your plan as sloth? Oh, I'll just tell my companion to kill the others and hope the coin comes out heads. then I win.

Sloth's Lillian I haven't thought much about balancing just yet, was too busy figuring out what you could get for sacrificing her.

As for Sloth himself, how does increasing his Valium form IQ from 300 to 350 sound?

>pay attention to me user
she's not really demanding attention, but she'll try her very best to earn your affection and if that doesn't work, she'll hit on other guy instead but doesn't leave your party.

Notice how you said that my boons were all enticing? That's the goal here. Having to not worry about food is nice, but does it compare to getting a 1 year head start on your powers? Or being able to teleport around the world?

Given you will likely be constantly moving to take the fight to the sins and Charity can't have money for food, it might be. Maybe add anti ageing qualities to it so others may enjoy it?

just saw the hopea's argument

It was a fine, bug argument. Worthy shitpost by anonkun

another thing I'm trying to avoid is having boons that are only good for a couple of them. The Universal focus is bad for Humility, but pretty much everybody else can make good use of it, the only one that gets nothing from the box is kindness, likewise with the pure holy energy, and all the others are utility type things useful regardless of your power (even chastity, with her wings might consider the beads, as she wouldn't be able to cross the oceans herself until midgame otherwise). The free food just wouldn't be enticing enough to anybody but charity, and even then is rather lackluster in comparison. The immortality bit is a step in the right direction, but the Champions are immortal by default, and The Reward covers the main draw of giving somebody else immortality (keeping a friend or lover with you)

I think I'd rather just see him being permanently smarter. Because "smart but lazy" is a thing. If you're okay with rebuilding from the ground up, I might even take it to doofenshmirtz levels of "Yeah, I mean, I could just buy a watch, but then I'd have to drive all the way to the store, find a parking spot, and then choose from like, DOZENS of styles. Using a teleporter to move Big Ben to be across the street just seemed so much easier"

I live to please.

Anyone have the full picture to Iron Skin they can post please?

user could you pls stop schittpost for me.
it will please me

Lewd

>stop schittpost
I am unable to do as you request.
Unless more bitches are added. Then I'll be distracted.

>can't have sophia and Oliva

Well fuck. I just want to smite as powerfully as possible.

a-allright user, maybe I will add an extra page to companion or maybe i'll let you do as you please

But there's tons of waifus in it already.

If all the CYOA makers had to fight to the death to determine who was the true king of /cyoag/, who do you think would win?

I'm about to go to sleep now but if you're around tomorrow I could go through the CYOA and try to fix any grammatical errors.

Well most CYOA creators are qt grills so I suspect one of the guys.

No idea but I'd be rooting for Box Wine

Don't cave in to that fool, waifus aren't what make a CYOA great. The only thing I could recommend to the companions page is maybe make a few changes to improve them.

>yfw that user who makes cute cyoas is actually delta operator

The one that everyone forgets about. They would get completely ignored and would end up winning because everyone else killed each other.

yea i kinda plan to add a little change some of them, especially Hopea.

sleep tight user and thanks

same

My money is on Highlander, but only if he says "There can be only one" once he's finished.

Not like having nore waifus is a problem. More is better nonetheless

According to this Spessrefuge guy or SDA just because they appear to be the most buff.

That has a cyborg samurai, though.

Personally I think it has enough fixing grammar/polishing existing companions would be better. I'd rather see the resource section first.

Well if more waifus are added make sure to add a demon girl, and none of that "just a normal girl but with wings and horns" shit. I want a true blue or red demon

SDA, long may his ass bring him pain.

I haven't seen that bastard in a while. Is he dead?

Worse. Supposedly him is a rabid shitposter now.

We can only assume

fate worse than death

Waterfall and Blade Stances.
Keep a water bottle with me and use it as a blade or whatever else.
Either that or Iron Body and Flowing Stances.

someone want to post that "pilot" picture for me because I'm too lazy to crop it and reverse image search

Anyone have the latest version of Traveller?

It's in that awkward size where it's not quite large enough to have its own threads like the Magical Girl CYOA, but it's not small enough to just be used as a regular CYOA.

TIME FOR MOTHS

What I'm saying is that if it had its own thread more people would probably come out of the woodwork to post in it.

>Tiger Moth
>Death's Head
>PPSh
>Darktenna

Rip and Tear.

or would they

Image Version: mediafire.com/folder/43r0qdm4sm895/The_End_Approaches

Alright, I mentioned wanting this a few threads ago, but I'm saying "fuck it" and getting some OC done. It's going to be text only, though, because getting an image editor to work on this godforsaken macbook is harder than my boner for the Branching Hearts CYOA.

...That analogy doesn't really work, but whatever. Basis for the CYOA. Yer fuckin' dead and your soul's becoming the Familiar for a qt3.14 Witch or eternal virgin Wizard. You get to decide the broad strokes of your new "Master," what they focus in, some extra perks, etc. etc.

I'll probably put it on pastebin or some shit when I'm done.

Wish me luck, yo.

Godspeed, user.

Good luck, yo.

What's the eta on the update?

IIRC, Highlander still needs to deal with the Origins, Perks, and Hubworlds. The Lore part should mostly be done.

I want to hug Highlander. He works so hard.

hope it goes well user

>Shaolin Iron Body
Gives your body the resilience of Iron
>Flowing Stances
Counterattacks (and combat)

Is there a better option than being an iron pillar that redirects every attack with added power?

PART 2 when?

Shunpo and Iron Body
I am become Sloth.

Lucky you. It's the one that's by far the easiest to find art for (unless you want guys), and the easiest to write.

I'm now imagining you as a morbidly obese martial artist who uses shunpo to appear above his enemy and drops his iron body on him.

You can't get image editor to work on macbook?