Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

>not summoning and binding demon lords like a normal wizard.
Why?

When asking about build advice, remember to be sure to mention whether or not third party material (3pp) is allowed!
Unified /pfg/ link repository:
pastebin.com/hdPm41ad

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
web.archive.org/web/
d20pfsrd.com/

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l6t9g5p094g
docs.google.com/document/d/1twEab3PBHvzMLTrx_UJak4P9g5avkvVaZfrBiMPI-6s/edit?usp=sharing
d20pfsrd.com/starjammer/starjammerpreview1
minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=658.0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Anyone have a clue if Invulnerable Rager's Damage Reduction stops the feedback from the Vicious weapon enchantment?

Second for elsbeth

Also can someone post the page of bloodline mutations from magic tactics toolbox?

You have Weapon Finesse and a weapon that you can Finesse and have Weapon Training for, but that doesn't get dex to damage.

So rapier with weapon training 2. You finesse it and add your dex to hit, but you can increase your +2 to damage from weapon training to +4.

It doesn't.

Thanks heaps, good sir!

How do I get Weapon Training?

It's a Fighter class feature.

>Fighter
>class feature

Oh shit, that completely slipped my mind

What happens to those archetypes that are forced to replace that feature? Can they benefit from advanced weapon training at all? Seems like a goddamn waste

Fucking Tashanna.
A pity she belongs to Greyhawk and Paizo doesn't haves the rights for make her appear in AP because I would love to break her pretty face.

Advanced Weapon Training should have the total fighter level as the bonus

What does /pfg/ think of Sage familiars, and would you play a class that locks your familiar into that archetype? What are some familiar related things you'd want to see in a class? What is your favorite familiar from both the normal and I proved lists?

Be careful you don't cut yourself on that edge

Would it be possible to port something akin to Symbaroum's corruption system to Pathfinder?

Source?

Vicious is untyped damage.
DR only stops physical damage.

Vicious isn't physical damage.

Edge? This woman is the worst!
She is so fucking evil she didn't had to do much to seduce and woe a demon lord like Grazz't and in Golarioverse she impressed Baba Yaga enough to make the Queen of Witches spare her life.
She is the main reason evil like Iuz the Old One torment entire worlds. Her cunt have birth to super villains.

>DM wants to include aspects of Shattered Star into his campaign

What am I in for, lads? What the hell does Shattered Star include that's so different from other APs?

Nobody knows what you're talking about, man. We need examples.

Absolutely nothing of value whatsoever.

Well in greyhawk lore she is the daughter of Baba Yaga. But that was established in 4E so it may be none cannon now.

There's one thing that works though: Hardness.

Not as easy to get... but not impossible!

I guess he means that is going to introduce some of the difficult encounters that is find in the AP.
Like the juju zombie bugbear, the eoxian lich, the medusa cleric, the nigh hag witch....

>What am I in for, lads? What the hell does Shattered Star include that's so different from other APs?

Magical shards of some freaky bullshit ancient empire that will make at least one party member filled with the urge to get naked and fuck everyone.

I can't decide the class for my Heavy Armor Lance (well any polearm/spear really) and Shield guy.

Steelblood Bloodrager for better movement, haste, displacement, mirror image

Dragoon Fighter for even faster movement, better passive damage bonus and the ability to hit melee range with lance. Shit tons of bonus feat mean I can get whirlwind attack and combat patrol at some point.

Lamed Curse Shadow Oracle, because screw you, I'm a fullcaster in fullplate with an army 120% real shadow.

>I can't decide the class for my Heavy Armor Lance (well any polearm/spear really) and Shield guy.

Why not Cavalier?

>freaky bullshit ancient empire
Are you talking shit of Thassilon biatch?

Shards maybe?

Maybe finding a pristine body of a beautiful woman in a casket and a party member dropping dead. Hope they like the new bod.

>this post

I'm very glad I went Promethean when my GM wanted to do Shattered Star. Not having to deal with that mindfuckery or other bullshit has been nice.

>Are you talking shit of Thassilon biatch?

Thassilon is a boring ancient empire so generic that every AP it's featured prominently in falls apart the moment focus is put on them.

Already played a lance charge summoner, not my cup of tea.

Road Warrior

If you're a skelington and you're about to die but your 20th level psychic bloodline power kicks in mindswapping you both what happens to the guy who got stuck in your body?

That really wouldn't work in a high-magic system like PF.

Okay m8, this is bait.
Thassilon generic my ass, the runelord of greed manage to stablish commerce routes into the Dreamlands and mainly the Plateau of Leng.
Most of the structures were built by stone giants and the army was constituted by giants commanded by übergiants capable of use rune magic.
Had lamias and dragons as public servants.
It started as a multi-cultural political project by an archmage called Xin but he was so optimistic (Papyrus level optimism, really) that he was in denial about his apprentices being fucking degenerates.
The main patron gods of this empire were a Lawful Evil goddes of magic, a Chaotic Neutral god/goddess/thing of doomsday and Faggotry: The deity.
If that is generic to you then must read some dope China Mieville shit.

Faggotry: the Diety, is that Aroden?

No.
The Peacock Spirit.
But we call him Rolaids.
youtube.com/watch?v=l6t9g5p094g

I thought that was Igwilv

I am curious. How balanced is the Path of War classes and the disciplines? Which tier would you people throw them on?

Why does she have a gauntlet on her sternum? On her left forearm, are those some sort of poison darts or a set of lock pics? Is she playing dungeons and dragons against herself?

Decent art, but I have so many questions.

Her real name is Tashanna.
This is lore that comes from the original Dancing Hut of Baba Yaga module for AD&D. As you explore the pocket dimensions contained within the weird building you find a studio in which there are journals about the days Baba was teaching magic to a girl called Tashanna who used the nickname Igwilv for when streaking deals with evil outsiders, mainly demons.
She even used her real name when she was a member of the Circle of the Eight.

3, 3, 3, 3... pretty much all 3
I think maybe one of them was a 4 but I forget.

People who like having their Cleric lord over their CRB-Rogue-Serfs call them overpowered, as do those freaky fucks (but never attribute to incompetence that which can easily be explained by malice, as the saying goes) who pretend the core-only monks and fighter were balanced.

Six fingered gauntlet - symbol of the demon lord Graz'zts. it's the brooch for her orange cloak.Those are poison darts.

Definitely lower than tier 2. Probably not tier 3.

>Graz'zts
Is he related to Emperor Ding?

Actually the disciplines (and tier is a measure of max potential) available allow enough utility, versatility and support to qualify for tier 3.

What are the best Paizo campaing settings?
What are those with the most waifus?

So I'm gonna be playing Pathfinder for the first time ever. I'm hoping to make a Witch or the male equivalent. I'll see how I want to do this when we start tomorrow. Basically, I just need some tips and things to avoid doing. The campaign is based on an ancient magical island with a strange city that loves arena battles. So lots of room for any scenario. I'm somewhat experienced with DnD and Dark Heresy, but that's about it.

>What are the best Paizo campaing settings?
Isn't Golarion the only one?

Probably meant APs.

You're right but there are many books about all the regions inside golarion

>>not summoning and binding demon lords like a normal wizard.
>Why?
Demon Lords in PF are actually a lot harder to bind than demon lords in 3.5e, entirely because you can't forcibly yank them with Greater Planar Binding.

Granted, it isn't impossible, but the main problem is that you don't have Implore (the 24 HD version of Planar Binding pre-boosters) in PF, and so the most you can do with regular GPB is 24 HD (18 + 2 Augment Calling + 2 Blackfire Adept + 2 Spell Perfection). That's enough to bind a Solar. But the weakest Demon Lords are at 30+ HD, which means the only viable option is Gate.

And yeah, you can use Gate to do it. But there's a slight downside to Gate - if the creature is unique, they can choose whether or not to answer it, you can't force them through. And all demon lords are unique. Fuck, you can't even bind a Nascent Demon Lord unless they (read: the GM) allows you to summon them via Gate, they're all 26+ HD, just barely out of reach unless there's another way of boosting the HD limits on GPB.

It wasn't the Worldwound precisely opened because that crazy bitch who wanted to bind the demon lord of the Locust Host overdone it?

>group wants me to run a game while regular GM is unavailable
>not really prepared for anything, don't want to do it
>always-fighter-or-slayer player says he'll play a bard
>thisIgottasee.png
>take about 20min to hack a straightforward labyrinth run together while they make characters (5th level because it's just the two of them)
>they make a UC rogue and a bard
>first session is "You've lost all memory of who you are, and who this person next to you is." >"Also, there's monsters."
>we all have fun, they almost die to a (wingless) manticore, pack of fast zombies
>second session, it's a rust monster and a verdurous ooze
>they evade the rust monster like it's a plague, nearly die to the ooze
>finally escape the labyrinth with their new hoard of loot
>I realize the bard not once used bardic performance
>mfw

They're all pretty solidly tier 3. It's a good way to bring up the level of martial characters, but still leaves a pretty huge gap between them and full casters.

What tier would be Aegis 3/Fighter X with the Student of the Astral suit feat?

I was under impression that classes themselves are T4 and that's supernatural disciplines that have enough utility to be considered T3.

No, it was because somebody imprisoned her (Areelu Vorlesh) for what were to her unfair reasons, and she went on a giant spree of "FUCK ALL YALL" and opened the rift, making a deal with Deskari. She's only 2CR below him, too, and could definitely kill him in a straight fight, by the rules.

I'm not sure what Paizo was trying to say with that.

The disciplines are part of the class, that's like trying to compare say wizards are t5 but with spells they're t1

She could had made the deal with Noctycula and perhaps things would had been at least more pleasant than having Deskari and Baphomet fucking around and being asshole dicks.

Veeky Forums, what's your favorite silly build in Pathfinder and why does it work?

If that's your impression you've failed to understand the tier system somewhat.

Tiers are determined by maximum potential attainable by a class - sometimes subidivided with archetypes (as a "variant" of the classes) as those can bridge the gap in classes particularly close to the line one way or the other.

In other words, the fact that they HAVE access (easily, through trait, archetype or tradition) to multiple disciplines means the classes are T3. You'd have to have a class that is completely incapable of anything other than one of the weakest ones like Tempest Gale, somehow not even able to gain others at all, to drop it to T4.

Similarly, it's not "The Wizard is Tier 6 but Conjuration is Tier 1 and Evocation is Tier 4". The Wizard is Tier 1. Those spell schools are things that it can do. Period.

Less bind, more get the insect dick in her.

>The disciplines are part of the class
Except you can't learn all maneuvers from all available disciplines, you can swap two available disciplines, and Aegis.

Single class or Gestalt?
A friend of mine is apparently like six classes with his gestalt right now, some convoluted mix he needed just for the concept he wanted

You can't learn all the spells as a sorcerer either. They're a part of the class, just because you don't get every single one of them doesn't mean they're aren't tied together.

Optimized choices are part of the tier system. A wizard isn't still going to be tier 1 if he always prepares shit spells, he's tier 1 because of what he does when he has the right spells prepared.

No ticks secretly wants to ascend and escape demon lord status via redemption, though, since she's s fallen Empyreal Lord. She wouldn't want to do an open invasion of the Material Plane, and it isn't her style anyway.

Gestalt sounds like cheating, desu.

>Implying that her brother will let her become a CN deity.

Well sure if no one else in the party is one.

When everyone is Gestalt, preferably not with T1/2 classes, it's just gonna need a higher difficulty level.

You start facing liches and dragons a bit earlier, with less magic items usually.

Also a great alternative to Mythic; that or "everyone gets a free no-cost VMC progression" if you want something a bit less powerful.

Core Monk 20. It works because I actually know how to play the class and how to role-play my character to shape the campaign setting.

He said silly, not shitty, user.

She's canonically almost to god hood, user, the closest Demon Lord to it (Lamashtu is full God, Pazuzu is a little ways behind her). Socothbenoth ain't gonna say shit, she can just gank him too.

Why do inquisitors lack Knowledge (local) as a class skill? Their Monster Lore class feature is made to work with all monster knowledge skills, and Knowledge (local) is the only monster knowledge skill they lack.

Are most inquisitors assumed to be ignorant of the actual towns and cities that they are supposed to investigate?

Just because y'all think your heimerdinger wizards are the best doesn't mean they actually are. You'll never actually have prepared what you need, it's all just munchkiny thought games. Monks are great, they're easy to build, amazing when mastered, and have tremendous role-play potential.

When you've seen one shitty village populated by filthy, superstitious peasants who'd sell their souls to otherworldly abominations in a heartbeat if they only knew how, you've seen them all.

Probably because that's exactly it.
They ARE ignorant of where they're sent to, much like any witchhunter.

"Local" normally implies knowledge on the level of "Bob's seeing Bill's wife, while Bill is off to his secret thursday illuminati meetings. SPEAKING of illuminati, the mason lodge is actually actual masons, and they've never actually had any contact with any organizations. Tuesday is not known as "ladies night" so much as "gay orgy night" at the Brightwood Stag Tavern, but that's always been kept from the authorities because the lord would have them all killed - he's got a bit of highlander complex regarding buggery"

You walk into some town, looking for whatever witchhunt your inquisition style is after. You're hunting and travel a lot.

You know FUCKTONS of things... But the locals aren't exactly intimate with you, and you're not one of them.

It's dangerously (for those at the other end of your crossbow) realistic in that way.

>"Local" normally implies knowledge on the level of "Bob's seeing Bill's wife, while Bill is off to his secret thursday illuminati meetings. SPEAKING of illuminati, the mason lodge is actually actual masons, and they've never actually had any contact with any organizations. Tuesday is not known as "ladies night" so much as "gay orgy night" at the Brightwood Stag Tavern, but that's always been kept from the authorities because the lord would have them all killed - he's got a bit of highlander complex regarding buggery"

That's actually Diplomacy for gathering information, which inquisitors do have.

Normal classing? One level dip of charger cavalier, rest in Magus. Lightning Lance centaurs. I'll never get to do it, and it's dumb, but damn if it wouldn't be fun.

For gestalt? Sorcerer (Arcane, Fey, or both)||Vigilante (Stalker). Fully specced for enchantment, including race. Vigilante side is purely utility, with maybe the finesse talent slapped on as an afterthought. "That one social talent" taken as well, because I gotta make use of this CHA.

So I talked about how I did some fighter changes last thread. I have them here.

docs.google.com/document/d/1twEab3PBHvzMLTrx_UJak4P9g5avkvVaZfrBiMPI-6s/edit?usp=sharing

I had to write them in the last half an hour or so, transferring them from paper. I'm going to transfer the other equipment tricks tomorrow (I added more so that fighters could get variety). Here is the list of them:
>Disguise Kit Tricks
>Alchemist Lab Tricks
>Alchemist Fire Tricks
>Tanglefoot Bag Tricks
>Potion Tricks
>Scroll Tricks
>Bow Tricks
>Artisan's Tools Tricks
>Forgery Kit Tricks
>Healer's Kit Tricks

Is anyone interested in this, if so I'll try and transfer them all tomorrow.

Basically the change gave fighters A LOT more defenses than they had previously. I always envisioned fighters as the most defensive martial class, the one who could weather the storm. Their bonus equipment tricks are meant to give them things they can both do in and out of combat, allowing them little tricks brought on my improvisation. I added new tricks to existing items, and new items with tricks to give more options. In addition I changed how Advanced Weapon & Armor Training work, while adding new ones for both.

Check it out! I'd love feedback!

Wyrwood Alchemist with an Ioun Wyrd protector tumor familiar and Promethean Disciple. Could also go with a mauler for 3rd Level flight. Either way, you're a self-improving construct and can choose from any number of builds.

What if you have only two players? Or one?

That would be gathering it.
Knowledge(local) is recalling stuff you've learned/known over the years.

Diplomacy to get someone to tell you once in town.

Knowledge to have known this shit when someone asks in the middle of the woods.

How does Knowledge (local) make any sense as a skill anyway?

It used to be a knowledge(local)(*area*) but that was stupid because it required way too many skill points to be good. So they condensed it.

Soup Veeky Forums I'm looking for a one-shot adventure for a lvl 2-3 party, preferably between 4-8 hours long, any recommedations?

Aha. Well thanks for the explanation.

Who need Knowledge Local or Diplomacy when you can stalk people with spell (like Ear of the city)?

What about Dragoon's spear training? Is the final damage at level 17 double from +8 to +16?

>Tiers are determined by maximum potential attainable by a class
They aren't, though. They assume nebulous "average" competence, where the wizard player is good enough to not ban transmutation or conjuration and where the fighter player is good enough to go THF or archery instead of sword and board.

We already had this argument with 2hufag and he got BTFO for questioning tiers.

d20pfsrd.com/starjammer/starjammerpreview1

>The abiarazi are a race of shape-changing oozes that can take on the form of other humanoids.

Literal goo girls
welp

minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=658.0

Tian Xia and Land of the Linnorm Kings.

I bet Paizo will manage to nerf even minor change shape. Like, 1-3 times per day for 10min/level.

Troy Daniels
Project Manager
StarJammer
d20pfsrd.com Publishing

Wait. That's not pathfinder in space, is it?