/ygo/

Does Veeky Forums hate Yu-Gi-Oh!? There's no thread in the catalogue. Is there a reason for that?

Sorry if I offend you guys, it's the first I come here.

Anyway, /ygo/ general thread?

While we're on the subject, what do you guys think of Toon deck? I'm thinking about getting it, but can't find any recent builds online to try it out.

Has anyone tried it out?

just built deskbots, thoughts on actual competitiveness?

If you post your build I can help you, but generally speaking, they're not very competitive in a tournament environment. It can be fun, but usually Monarchs, Kozmo and PK Fire shit on it pretty hard.

>There's no thread in the catalogue. Is there a reason for that?
YGO isn't not popular enough, maybe. There are 2 yugi threads in archive, with 66 and 81 replies (which is low for a general, even niche thing like FantasyCraft lived longer)

damn. What a shame. Reddit is pretty terrible in their ygosubreddit. Thought maybe Veeky Forums had something better.

It's odd though; YGO is pretty popular where I live, second only to MTG and even more so than D&D.

Who are those monsters? they look like some sort of angels

Qliphoth

Qliphort. They were the first meta-pendulum deck, back in 2015. They are supposed to be mechanical angels. The lore of these dudes is some of the best in the entire YGO lore.

Peeked in here on a lark, know nothing about ygo, but now I'm curious about said lore.

>Kabbalic robot angels
Yes please, do tell.

So, found some old cards, can I expect to make any money from them? I played yu-gi-oh like a year when I was 11 before switching to MTG. No real interest in keeping the cards.

I went online and checked the ones that are worth more than 1$ (using the lowest pricing I could find, even though they're mint). But my real question is: will anyone buy them? I think only the Raigeki could be interesting in the lot.

Raigeki
Yata-Garasu
Jinzo
Ring of destruction
United we stand
Just desserts
Tsukuyomi
Imperial order
Magic cylinder
Painful choice
Pot of greed
Harpie's feather duster
Mystical space typhoon
Draining shield
Witch of the black forest
Don zaloog
Negate attack
Sinister serpent
Tribe-infecting virus
Princess of Tsurugi
Gravity bind
Giga gagagigo
Levia-dragon – Daedalus
Decoy dragon
Magician of faith
ocean dragon lord – neo daedalus

Literally all worthless, not even joking.

ygo threads go in /v/

just ask them what pot of greed does and wait 20 posts

they're from older editions though.

Lowest ranking for the raigeki was 17$, some went up to 100$+. So I'm guessing I can sell it to a store for around 7$ at least.

Unless it's banned in the formats nowadays?

Due to power creep all of the old Yugioh cards (except for extremely rare misprints and limited print run cards) are literally worthless and nobody would buy them.

damn, that's a shame.

Ikr. I had some cards that were worth around $30-$60 each when I put them in storage. Now they're all under $3 each.

Yeah, maybe the Raigeki, but even that got reprinted kinda recently. Anything else is worthless -- sorry.

My raigeki is from the original LOB set, from when they were called Magic Cards instead of Spell Cards, aka, veeery old.

It's worth 40 bucks, but no one will buy it for more than maybe 10 because of the reprints, so, yeah. Some people like to collect them, so, try luck with any of those people.

What's the set of your raigeki? (the set is the LOB thing in the right side below the art)

Are you thinking of buying it? Cause that can be expensive but there is this online application called YGO Pro and it has a bunch of cards to make a good deck. I used to not like the idea of having the cards for real when I play but after I made a masked hero deck that far surpassed my own real life deck I loved it.

yeah I play in YGO a lot, but I can't find a decent deck to test Toons, and I'm terrible at deck-building. If I find them to be good. I'll totally buy them. I can afford them.

Qlingy? Qlingy.

It's LOB-053 first edition, mint.

Here's part 3 of the DT lore, where qliphorts first made an appearance. Good luck.

YGO Pro*

yeah that's worth around 50 bucks. Hold onto it until you find a collector. If you're in the US it shouldn't be too long. You can try to sell it to a store, but be careful with the price.

That'd my advice. It's a rare card, so, someone will eventually want it.

All the qlingy.

Thanks. I'll ask around at a FNM see if someone's also in the YGO scene.

>maining

Which course would you take?

>take composite summon course
>learn to influence draws
>win every tourney ever with next level topdecking

Dumping