Low Fantasy Art Thread

In particular I need Anglo-Saxon hillforts, that period style villages, cities and everything buildings. Commoners and other character art appreciated.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lyGD16R1zzM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Saxons, you say?

I've got some Vendel culture too, if that's fine.

Saxons you say?

youtube.com/watch?v=lyGD16R1zzM

Sketch from the diary of a landschneckt

Just find the La_Vie_privee_des_hommes-series of children's history books.

They're dated, but still a good source of illustrations.

There's nothing low-fantasy about the Witcher.

OP Here, this is exactly what I want
This sort of stuff too.
Awesome.

Thanks man, and if anyone was looking for a good worldbuilding book for Early Medieval, there's a book that specializes on the economic and social history of the Danelaw from 800-1100 by D.M Hadley. For more political stuff I recommend "Social Life in Early England", as it articulates the relationship churches had to the state and the relation between classes and whatnot.

This thread is awesome guys.

Great thread, unfortunately I have nothing to contribute on this PC. Keep it up!

I have some dark ages stuff

People seem to think it is because it's dirty.

It's higher fantasy than lord of the rings.

The Witcher is more "fairy tale" than Fantasy. There's magic and curses and monsters everywhere but this is a wolrd that's secret and mysterious to most people. Common folk are ignorant of true nature of these threats.

Sure, some common people. The Aen Seidhe are all perfectly aware of magic, and anyone with an ounce of awareness is in the know about magic and the like.

Every other lake has drowners, most forests have at least one nekker/giant insect nest, and there are dwarves and elves in every major city. The world is silly with magic, and it's not even the most magical world there is in that universe.

SOME Aen Sidhe. Mostly the old elves who were alive before the First Landing. Young Elves, on the other hand, are likely to be just as ignorant as their human neighbors, before said neighbors decided to storm the Nonhuman district and kill everyone again.

Actually I think we misunderstood each other. People in general know magic exists, but they know just enough about magic, mages and monsters to be afraid of them.

And why is that explicitly fairy tale and not fantasy?
This is exactly what fantasy should be. This is exactly what fantasy is in most classical works of the genre.
It's a pity modern gaming destroyed it.

I love this type of helmet with chain, does someone has more like this, mostly for characther art

DID SOMEBODY SAY WENDOL

Should have a few more laying around, yeah.

> This Varangian is trained to fuck your mouth

Thanks!

this is A Good Thread

They hold those pikes weird. Why?

Presumably because the guy that drew that wasn't a trained artist and wasn't sure how to make the pikes fit in the image.

Maybe that's just how they used them though.

Because it's a good grip if you want to stab a nigga that isn't on a horse, and it helps with holding something as long as a pike on level.