Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Hella overpowered level 8 DSP succubus edition

Get the latest compilation of DSP's monster classes here, now with hound archon and succubus: sendspace.com/file/uanv1c

When asking about build advice, remember to be sure to mention whether or not third party material (3pp) is allowed!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hdPm41ad

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
web.archive.org/web/
d20pfsrd.com/

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1twEab3PBHvzMLTrx_UJak4P9g5avkvVaZfrBiMPI-6s/edit?usp=sharing
theworldissquare.com/feat-taxes-in-pathfinder/
d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/
paizo.com/products/btpy9j5p/discuss?Monster-Classes-WorkInProgress#tabs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

So I talked about how I did some fighter changes last thread. I have them here.

docs.google.com/document/d/1twEab3PBHvzMLTrx_UJak4P9g5avkvVaZfrBiMPI-6s/edit?usp=sharing

I had to write them in the last half an hour or so, transferring them from paper. I'm going to transfer the other equipment tricks tomorrow (I added more so that fighters could get variety). Here is the list of them:
>Disguise Kit Tricks
>Alchemist Lab Tricks
>Alchemist Fire Tricks
>Tanglefoot Bag Tricks
>Potion Tricks
>Scroll Tricks
>Bow Tricks
>Artisan's Tools Tricks
>Forgery Kit Tricks
>Healer's Kit Tricks

Is anyone interested in this, if so I'll try and transfer them all tomorrow.

Basically the change gave fighters A LOT more defenses than they had previously. I always envisioned fighters as the most defensive martial class, the one who could weather the storm. Their bonus equipment tricks are meant to give them things they can both do in and out of combat, allowing them little tricks brought on my improvisation. I added new tricks to existing items, and new items with tricks to give more options. In addition I changed how Advanced Weapon & Armor Training work, while adding new ones for both.

Check it out! I'd love feedback!

> phalanx soldier fighters can hold spears as a one handed weapon
Anyone have cool ideas involving this. I've looked into dual wielding spears but I don't know if it is viable.

I prefer the Rite Publishing method of monster classes. They aren't as strong as the monster, but at least I can play with my party using them.

You have to be using a shield

Looking for answers on this and paizo forums are cancerous rulefags

There should be no penalty for a normal full attack with two different weapons, without using TWF to gain the extra strikes, right?

like a fighter with +6 BAB makes his first attack with a sword, and second attack with a dagger, there should be no penalties for that, right?

Read the archetype, god damn.

Correct. TWF penalties only apply if you use it to get the extra attack.

swhat i thought.

tried to browse paizo forums for an answer but all i got was an autistic argument where people were arguing that merely the act of wielding two weapons gave you the penalties. Which for that to be true shields would be.. even worse than they are.

You can dual wield short spears, but you can do that without the archetype.

>At 3rd level, when a phalanx soldier wields a shield, he can use any polearm or spear of his size as a one-handed weapon.
>Wields a shield

What part of that makes you think you could dual wield two handed spears?

Yeah no, that's fucking retarded.

I'm fucking shit. Is there any other way of duel wielding spears without taking two handed penalties

Wear a buckler, but forego the shield bonuses and attack with a weapon in the hand.

or two levels of alchemsit for extra hands.

Short spears are 1H weapons.

RAW that works, but RAI you're an asshole.

You can't really dual wield anything without two weapon fighting penalties, assuming that's what you meant when you said two handed.

If you want to be really technical, you could say that it doesn't work RAW because the archetype specifies "Any polearm or spear" and not "polearms or spears," which could be interpreted to say that you can only use one weapon at a time this way.

What does /pfg/ think about feat taxes? What does /pfg/ think about this homebrew?

>theworldissquare.com/feat-taxes-in-pathfinder/

I use that homebrew in all my games

its excellent. I recommend it for everyone.

inner sea intrigue where.

We had a game with these rules and cheap firearms rules once. It lead to every party member having a backup revolver just for deadly aim fuckery and ease of use. Pretty neat.

I'm interested in getting a TN summoning oriented cleric. Is there a deity that isnt nethys that wont get pissed at their faithful summoning both good and evil aligned outsiders?

So everyone. Any thoughts on whether anyone finds this interesting enough for me to transfer the additional equipment tricks.

Brigh? Pharasma (so long as those evil outsiders you summon aren't Daemons)?

Why TN? That's the only alignment that doesn't let you use Sacred Summons.

Naderi.
Summon some dead waifus you slut.

Don't PoW and PoW:E have feats to be able to use a spear in one hand?

>Which for that to be true shields would be.. even worse than they are.
Oh, then it sounds like that is true and that'll be "fixed"in an upcoming FAQ to make sure everyone reads it that way

Which pdf has succubus?
On my phone right now but the linked zip doesn't seem to have it

Isn't it already on the cleaners?

Going for a caster cleric so I'm not under pressure to get standard action summons. Summon variety is a greater concern in this case.

It's in the zip.

The Magic Tactics Toolbox doesn't appear to be in the trove. Am I missing something or is it just not there yet?

It's not in there yet, but the pdf has been cleaned.

Yep, I think my download cut off first time

I got rid of the game's normal currency system and implemented half a dozen by nation. Am I an asshole for doing this?

Is it going to make the game more of a pain in the ass to enjoy? If so then yes. How do the currencies work for magic item creation?

Magic item prices are set by country. One could game the system as a high level wizard to travel between countries to turn a profit. How ever magical globalization has forced the economy to adapt.

The main prices are set by the Deneheinian Emprire as they are by far the largest producer and gave the most economic weight to throw around in that area of the continent.

Okay, yeah, if I have to ask for every single item's price in every damn country that's a pain in the ass and not fun.

Basically you check what country you're in and I put it in a conversion table that I have and have provided for them.

Actually no, even a redownload didn't work. Did you get it from the sendspace link? Is the succubus pdf just invisible to phones?

Wrong post m8, I was talking about MTT not the DSP stuff.

Martial Flexibility is one of the few good things Pazio came up with, and should be more accessible to other classes. That's the type of class feature Fighters should have from level 1.

Whoops, meant

Any spymaster's handbook leaks yet

I personally disagree. Feats is the one thing fighters do have enough of.

"The liquid is clearly unsafe to drink, but if, for some reason, a creature does drink the liquid and the spell ends, the creature takes 3d6 points of damage, and brings up the solid version of the item as a standard action in a coughing fit."

What's the most absurd object weighing 1 pound/level that you can imagine someone bringing up in a coughing fit?

What is that description for?

A book.

But the person doing the coughing is that one Occultist archetype, so he just looks at it then eats it again.

Is Tashanna the same as the Tasha who created Hideous Laughter?

To some degree though, most combat maneuvers are situational. I feel like the versatility is much needed to a class like a fighter that is typically locked down into specialty in combat.

Liquefy from Arcane Anthology

A full suit of Mithril Full Plate, although I'm sort of cheating by assuming shenanigans for a CL of 25.

I think that's much better solved with consolidation of "Improved" feats rather than giving Martial Flexibility.

That wouldn't solve anything in regard to the lack of versatility like Martial Flexibility. Your solution would only really benefit of other classes giving less incentive to play the Fighter.

A footstool is 2 lbs. A blanket is 3 lbs. However much soap as you can fit in your spell.

That's actually not a bad idea to liquify your equipment or lockpicks/metal file if you think you're going to be captured.

What are they going to do, pump your stomach for no reason?

d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/
A small tent is 20 lbs. Epic level liquefy lets you cough up a tent.

>I've looked into dual wielding spears but I don't know if it is viable.
The dwarven longaxe and longhammer are polearms. You can go into combat dual-wielding massive 10 foot axes or hammers. Who gives a shit if it's viable, it's fucking awesome! Do it.

Only lasts for rounds/level though

I think other changes should be made. Advanced Armor/Weapon Training should be given in addition to rather than instead of armor and weapon training, and should be given as soon as you get Armor & Weapon Training. There should be more of then that do varied and interesting things.

That gives fighters something uniquely theirs rather than just "feats again".

Maybe make one group the default and make 'extra group' an AWT?

I'd probably give them weapon training at level 1 or 2 instead of 5 as well.

How should I handle the party meeting NPCs for their party?

I know my party would like a few to balance the dynamic out, but I have no idea how to let them go about this.

Help?

See I think level 3 is fine for "Advanced Training" to turn on (Armor comes first). I think at level 2 there should be another. I have been doing a homebrew that gives fighters Equipment Tricks and the ability to ignore Equipment Trick prerequisites. I also added a larger list.

In the draft fighters hey four "Advanced Equipment Trainings". This gives them a total of 12 by choice class features in the draft. 4 Advanced Armor, 4 Advanced Wealon, and 4 Advanced Equipment.

I am also expanding and clarifying what constitutes armor training and what constitutes weapon training.

basically what I and any other sane player would do is call you a stupid cunt.

Why are her wings coming out of the small of her back? For what purpose?

Christ you're angry. I like the idea, it adds depth to the setting.

Cute Succubus Wings (Ex): These do nothing, but they're kind of cute. +4 to Diplomacy checks to make requests, but -4 to Diplomacy checks to improve creatures' attitudes.

Why would they make it harder to improve attitude? I imagine the wings would make people want to help them more.

Make who want to help them more? Succubus wings are not reassuring to nearly any mortal, and weak underdeveloped ones are unlikely to curry much favor in the lower planes.

but they're conveniently places to serve as handlebars, so there's that.

See filename.

They're cute and reassuring because they look useless.

>See fine ass
Seen.

That's what makes them improve their adorable requests, but the other creatures in question still know it's a succubus and the more she hangs around the more they're gonna think she's after their soulsticles.

Has anyone checked out the Monster Classes book?
paizo.com/products/btpy9j5p/discuss?Monster-Classes-WorkInProgress#tabs

Nah, a succubutt wouldn't waste their time, if they wanted the S they would take the S.

I just bought the sub.

That ass belongs up me

Are the "twin thunders" the ass + tits or just the two asscheeks?

You can't get shit with that awful outfit.

Yeah, seems interesting enough.

Or you could not be a dick and just let your player take the -1 attack penalty for attacking with a hand equipped with a buckler, plus the extra -2 penalty for dual-wielding oversized weapons, for almost no real benefit unless they also waste a feat on exotic polearms for 2d6 or 1d12 damage, which is a lower penalty to damage ratio than just taking Power Attack or Piranha Strike. It's not like this is some massively overpowered build or something.

How're you holdin' up, /pfg/?

I may need a little bit of help with a thing: after finally finishing up the macros on Elsbeth's spellbook updating a total of 111 spells; remember to update your macros often 'cause that rack ups quick, I remembered I still have 8 more spells to grab. 5 from a neglected Human FCB I keep forgetting to calculate and 3 more from FCB and hitting Lv.10. Though we haven't officially levels or finished the arc quite yet due to a cancelled session, I kinda wanted to get this taken care of ahead of time.

Suggestions?

Its Scáthach from fate/Grand Order

That booty.

How many monster classes does it have so far?

Human FCB? Is Elspeth a half-elf? That darn mudblood.

Well that came out a bit sloppy, didn't it? fuckin' spoiler working half the time..

She's a dirty half-blood, yes.

Armor/Weapon Trainning tend to be lackluster imo. Especially with magic weapons/armor being a thing.

If they had a way to replicate the benefits of some of those abilities I'd be all for it. They would have to amount to more than hitting things better or having dr though.

12 so far

Oh, okay, do you have a list of the spells known so far?

You haven't seen my irl persona, Whomas Tayne, billionaire wizard-industrialist

Beth, not Peth.

I haven't seen them both together, I'm pretty sure she's also a planeswalker.

Have you heard about Kanye West's alter ego, Wayne Quest?

All best girls are half elves,

Like Livia the Bard-a-din

That is a bit disappointing, I was hoping for a more extensive list like 3.0s Savage Species.

Well it's still in progress, it's not like it's done yet.

Is he also a fucktard?

Heeyyy, I remember that sprite.

Should I DM this or a Magic School campaign?

Sounds like you're just jealous of real talent.