Persona 2129 Quest #50

You are Takashi Wakui, a sixteen year old Japanese high school student. In your world, half of humanity possesses a Persona—the corporeal manifestation of one’s personality as a supernatural entity. You had been an unlucky ordinary at first, lacking the potential to summon your Persona. Then the application AETHER was forcibly installed on your smartphone. It sucked you into the nightmarish realm of the Blackened Void, where you fought monsters and awakened your Persona in the process.

You are now the Wild Card of the 22nd Century. You possess the Fool Arcana, giving you the power to draw strength from bonds and wield multiple Personas at once. Already this places you in great danger, as the Fool Arcana is seen as an impossibility by the common masses. Revealing your newfound power to the common world would immediately land your head on a dissection table. To make matters worse, you and several others have been cursed as the Void’s Chosen, fated to traverse the wastelands of the Blackened Void until the end of the game. For what purpose does AETHER exist, what mysteries lie within and how is victory achieved?

Previous Threads: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Persona 2129 Quest
Twitter: twitter.com/TwilightThorn
Mechanics: pastebin.com/Eq9mum2X
Spell/Skill List: pastebin.com/5NYivMQd
Part One Recap: pastebin.com/i1VjfnyX

Character List: pastebin.com/m6Qhazkv
Persona List: pastebin.com/UU6Ed5RY
Takashi's Stats: pastebin.com/h4vnu8St
Blackened Void Info: pastebin.com/wLBjhqgf

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/h3ytZHGh
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

IT LIVES! Devil a best

[8:00 pm, 5-Jun-2129 (SUNDAY)]

>>Takashi: Spend some time with Aria.

After wiping away the moisture from your eyes and cursing the very existence of the clan of invisible onion cutting ninjas, you prepare yourself to do that. It isn’t going to be exactly the hardest task in the world. What you do is pull up a chair and sit next to her bed. Aria reacts at first, her eyes widening and a flinch trembling through her pale skin, both with surprise. Guess she wasn’t expecting that, you think to yourself. Then, no, you realize a second later. It’s neither a guess nor an assumption; it’s the simple truth.

That’s the kind of thought that would have made your past, cynical self chuckle dryly, so you cast it out of your mind and speak to Aria instead.

“Are you going to start drawing now?”

“Yes.” Aria responds, a hint of pride, but mostly joy, present in her voice. She then falters, wary. “But…will it bore you?”

“Nah.” Is what you end up saying, because you’ve never done watched anyone draw before. “Besides, I made the choice to come here. I’d be a pretty terrible guest if I complained about something like that.”

That’s the truth, at the least. She grins a little at that statement, and you internally congratulate yourself on a job well done.

“Sketches, then.” She says, picking up the plastic stylus and resting the tip of it on the flat screen of her tablet. “I…have to do them first.”

“Cool.” You reply. That sounds right. Gotta lay down a good foundation before moving onto the rest of the work. God, it sounds so lame in your head. “What are you drawing, then?”

“Oh, um, a girl.”

“Really?” You ask. “What from?”

“Show. I mean, watched it.” She shakes her head, and her cheeks are flushed with a tinge of pink. “Never mind.”

“…what show?” You can’t help but ask.

“…not important.”

“Come on, tell me about it. I might’ve even watched it. Anyway, I’m not going to laugh.”

She looks at you, blinking. “Promise?”

You’re a little taken aback by this. You asked something pretty innocent, a standard response to anybody about their favourite hobbies. It’s the kind of bullshit you humor Takauji with whenever he goes on about those pre-Awakening vintage action movies of his.

Well, Aria’s different to the rest of the girls you’ve met, so you shouldn’t be too surprised. In response, you shrug your shoulders.

“…sure?”

She leans forward and whispers the name, then a bit of detail to follow up. Oh, you realize. The show is a cartoon. An anime, in other words. Of course it is, you think to yourself. What other medium could support a sky battle between two rival demon princesses wearing extremely frilly dresses without irony?

“I don’t think I’ve seen that…” You end up saying.

“Oh.” Aria says, looking a little disappointed. “Can show you…if you would like?”

“Huh? Uh, sure, if that’s okay with you.”

You’re not entirely sure where this is going. But now you do, because Aria has just handed you a sample.

From the pages you’ve been given, it details the romance between a silver-haired demon princess and a perfectly ordinary commoner. You see roses. Lots and lots of roses surrounding several monochrome panels. Also, comically large eyes and strangely elongated fingers. The romance is saccharine to the point of rivalling Celeste's chocolates. Some of the anatomy presented could give the school nurse an aneurysm. In all honest opinion, you have no idea what the appeal of stories like that are. It is a girl thing, untouched by masculinity? Shizuka tears up at those B-list soap operas of hers, doesn’t she?

“Fun. It’s nice. To watch…” Aria mumbles.

Whatever, your friend is smiling, so you’re okay with it.

“S-sorry…didn’t mean to...” she mumbles, embarrassed. “I…I’ll draw some more now…” She puts aside the manga and picks up the stylus again. You lean forward and look towards the screen.

And so, the rest of your time with her flows by. A gentle pattern of chatting with her and watching her create grey lines across virtual paper. The room smells of flowers mixed with hospital disinfectant. Her words are soft and you aren’t exactly boisterous either. If an analog clock had been in the room, it would have come dangerously close to drowning out your collective voices.

You do your best to make conversation. It falls upon you to start majority of it. Aria isn’t great at conversation. You are no ultimate public speaker either. Yet it works, somehow.

“Hey, when are you getting out?”

“End of the week. Sunday.”

What the two of you talk about is complete nonsense, fitting for two adolescents halfway through high school. The amount of worth it has compared to studying is almost zero. Then again, that’s part of the fun. How did you survive all those years in middle school without it?

“Oh, yeah, I almost forgot.” You rummage around in your bag and take out a sheet of paper. Aria takes it. She frowns at the title.

“Veleis-sensei asked me to give this for you.”

“Homework.” Aria repeats, sounding disappointed. The word almost sounds normal coming from her mouth. If there’s ever one thing that unites all students across the National Empire of Japan, it’s the dread of homework.

“Sorry, you know how it is.”

Her face falls. “Maths. English. It’s…painful.” She mutters.

You laugh, remembering both your and Celeste’s despair against your weakest respective subjects. “You got that right.”

“Bad at both.” She says in tone that almost resembles a growl.

“I could help you, you know.”

“Really?” Her eyes light up, like bulbs on a Christmas tree.

“At maths, I mean. Don’t talk to be about English. I’d probably just mislead you further, hahaha…”

>it details the romance between a silver-haired demon princess and a perfectly ordinary commoner
You and your silver-haired supernatural girls. I swear, Thorn, you've got an addiction or something.

Also: Woo! Persona 2129 is back.

Sooner or later, visiting hours draw to a close. A quick check at the clock tells you that you spent way more time in the hospital than you intended. You pick up your bag and sling it around your shoulders. Aria notices the motion.

“Will you come back?” She asks. There’s a strange sense of hope in her voice, bringing to mind a candle flame struggling beneath the might of a snowstorm.

At that moment, you hesitate, and it’s the confirmation that Aria needs.

“I see. You probably have…many things. To do, I mean.” She mutters, quietly. “Studying. Other stuff. Better stuff.”

“Geez, Aria, I didn’t say no.” You reply, a little defensively. In the back of your mind, a small, sinister voice reminds you. The existence of schoolwork, training bonds with your other friends, explorations in the Blackened Void…the list of commitments just keeps growing and growing. How you detest that voice so much right now.

“It’s okay. I understand.” Aria replies back, forcing a small smile. “I…I had fun, Takashi.”

You’re determined not to let that voice get the better of you. “So did I.”

“It’s…more. More than I asked for. So, don’t worry…”

“I…Aria…look, I’m not piled up with work or anything. There definitely should be a chance for me to visit you. And since you’re my friend and all…” You deliberately draw out the magic word. “I’d feel pretty shitty if I neglected that. That’s not going to happen, because I’m not an idiot…I hope.”

She giggles, coughing at the same time. “Okay. Get it.” She says.

You give her another smile. “Get better soon.”

“I’ll try.”

“Then, I’ll catch you later.”

She raises her right hand, slowly, and waves. “Bye-bye, Takashi.”

>>Takashi: Exit.

>You can now visit Aria in the hospital! Doing so will progress the Devil Social Link and possibly allow you to increase your social stats. This event takes place every afternoon or night and will only last until the end of Sunday.

>So, in accordance with that…

>Your CHARISMA has increased by 3 points!
>Your UNDERSTANDING has increased by 6 points!

[10:00 pm, 5-Jun-2129 (SUNDAY)]

You step out of the hospital doors and crane your neck to the sky. It’s is fully black. The night air is warmer than usual. Summer is arriving. It’s still cold, though. It also reminds you that your end of semester exams approach in more than a month. You shiver at both before turning on your heel and making a beeline for the nearest train station.

The small journey is not without incident. Ever since you were branded with the title of the Void’s Chosen, nothing in your life has ever not been.

Half-way there, in front of the boundary separating a convenience store and a magic trinket shop, you run across a certain person standing in front of a vending machine. A man, just graduated from being a boy, with reddish-brown spiked hair and T-shirt with an obscenely bright logo on it. A man you recall running up to you at a traffic light, dressed in an apron and a chef’s cap. A very familiar person, no matter how you spin it.

Oh no, you think to yourself, it’s that guy from the Chinese restaurant you visited with Takauji. What’s he doing here?

>[CHARISMA] Act as if you hadn’t noticed him.
>[CHARISMA] Pretend to be interested in the nearby restaurants.
>[WILLPOWER] Greet him with your stoniest glare.
>Say hi.
>Run away as quickly as you can.
>Custom option.

>>[CHARISMA] Act as if you hadn’t noticed him.

I've been waiting for this!

>>Say hi.
The next abomination?

>Say hi.
Hey, it's this guy. Did he find anything about where Chikashi's vanished to?

It is known that silver haired girls always are the best girl.

>>Say hi.

We don't want to look too suspicious.

Magician a Best

>From the pages you’ve been given, it details the romance between a silver-haired demon princess and a perfectly ordinary commoner.

Romance based on Hbq?

>always
nah just usually, sometimes red heads are best.

Out of all the current girls, yes

No. HBQ is the series of light novels that Kaz likes (speaking of which: We really need to go to drama club again sometime soon). Takashi's read those, he would have recognized the series. I think it's just another example of Thorn's love of silver haired girls.

If this is rank 2 social link drama I fear what future devil rank ups will be like.

>We really need to go to drama club again sometime soon
Completely. Mark my words, Kaz is putting on a play soon, and Takashi's going to be either the antagonist or a supporting character.

>Next Level: 49.99/50.00
You are one cheeky cunt m8.

yessssssssss
>Say hi.

yep we're just a normal guy
not terrified of you
n-nosirree

Agreed. We need more drama club in our life. We also need to help Yoshino out, hit MA club more, and study, in addition to dueling people to kick their ass to level up's Celeste's SI and visiting Aria.

>Say hi.

We have way too many things to do, and not nearly enough time.

Sure, let's skip visitng the Void this week. We don't have anything urgent to do there right now.

We should do some more duels since its good xp plus it raises our standing

Welcome to Persona

We still need to go do the Forlorn Abyss act two to find out what happened to chikashi

As long as we can level grind via duels it'll be fine.

I agree it also raises a SI which means until a new mission pops it's more useful than Voiding it out.

True. Takashi needs a persona that lets him go without sleep.

>No.
They're obviously both based on HBQ.

Nope.

Writing now...

>True. Takashi needs a persona that lets him go without sleep.
Maybe if we start putting level ups into Endurance we can go without.

True that
My first runs of persona 3 and 4 are always a waste because they go so shitty

My first run of p4 went that way but when I started p3 I used a guide to help me manage my time

Then we had better duel and run in the void a lot shouldn't we?

tweet tweet

pastebin.com/h3ytZHGh

How about this schedule?
>Monday
Martial classes club
D-D-Duel at night
>Tuesday
Drama club
visit Aria
>Wednesday
Forlorn Abyss or MA club
Kozue Yusa at night
>Thursday
Drama club
Duel at night

We should also visit Aria the day she is discharged.

Looks interesting, let's see if TT throws any curve balls at us.

Oh and we can change the afternoon timeslot if one of our friends calls us.

Sounds great. Now we just have to stick to it, we've made training plans before that we've not kept to.

Sounds good user nice mix of everything

>Say hi.

do i really snore, btw?
Oh my god yes
Please see a doctor, not even joking
I looked it up and really bad snoring is a sign of a possible breathing problem.
It worries me
alright, i will.
see, this fight is already paying off. we’re both pointing out each other’s flaws, and acting to fix them. i’ll see a doctor about my snoring, and you’ll stop being a whining jealous baby about my job. :)
Not on your life
fuck you. >:(

I legitimately chuckled. Good show birb.

>>Takashi: Act as if you hadn’t noticed him.

You attempt this by casually walking forwards and keeping most of your vision straight ahead, staring into the backs of your fellow passersby. You can’t help but watch him out of the corner of your eye. The guy…what was his name again? It starts with an M, doesn’t it? Eh, it probably doesn’t matter. He’s busy scanning through a selection of canned coffee, his finger repeating a pattern of hovering just above the ‘confirm purchase’ button, before retreating backwards as its master reconsidered for the fourth time.

By the time you reach the crossing, his gangly form has disappeared from view. You move on, thinking about upcoming assignments that somehow remind you of croissants. It’s not like you’ll ever see that guy again.

Part of you tries to tell yourself that and brings you little comfort at all.

Anyway, you go home, study a bit and sleep. It’s another normal night for Kaede Kurusu’s unofficial successor.

It's literally not even smut anymore, which is hilarious, but it is still great

Law>Chaos>Neutral

Dear leader, what on earth are you doing?
I thought a man of your caliber would have known that attempting to edit the document your magnificent scholar is currently working on would, around these parts, be considered to be dreadfully rude.
Perhaps this requires a reassessment of your leadership abilities.
Shall I rally for Akikazu to take over? That is what a vocal minority of the public believes in.
Fumika
Don’t you start
Oh, my sweet precious leader Takashi Wakui.
How can you force me to stop?
The truth is, I have already begun.
Look
I found errors in the writing
I decided to correct them
Is that so bad?
What errors could you be talking about?
I assure you, I have near-perfect memory of everything I have seen.
Yeah but this was something that happened before you joined
Oh? Do tell.
Kay
When Celeste and I entered Pyre Ruin Valley for the first time
We found a notebook with some game lore in it
You wrote that it was written in ‘pleasant standard Japanese’
But it was actually English
I admit that I based this section off what Celeste reported to me.
If she was wrong, which is what you typed implies, then I must change it.
In future though, leave the fine-tuning of the manuscript to me.
You do realize that we’re all technically allowed to edit this right
Yes, but you assigned me with the task. Therefore, I have the absolute authority over it.
I’m still the team leader
And I hold the position that simultaneous editing is detrimental to the efficiency of the task
Noted

Cute

>can't do anything on his own
>>has to cry for things literally made by humanity in the first place to help him

Is that all?
Yeah that should be it
Then I shall make the changes.
Hold up, guys.
You all sure about this?
Oh hey
How was Comiket
Pretty damn sweet, thank you very much.
I’ll fill you in the details tomorrow morning.
Sounds cool
Anyway, about this scrap of lore, you sure that what you say is accurate?
State your objections, defendant.
Whoa I ain’t defending nobody, what is this a battle between two shouty lawyers in fancy suits?
All I’m saying that it’s been a long ass time since that mission in the valley.
I don’t know about you guys, but some of the past has sort of blended together like a gigantic bowl of strawberry pudding.
Aka one of the least transparent substances known to man, alongside diamond blocks and glowing radioactive waste.
Well Celeste was the most fluent in English back then
She probably read over the stuff so fast the language didn’t register to her brain
Besides, this was back then we weren’t as organized
When we were a just bunch of kids scrabbling around an otherworld not realizing its true intentions
Naivety was written across your shirts in big neon blocky letters
I think embroidered was the term you meant to use, dear leader.
Thanks Fumika
It was my pleasure.
Sometimes our minds fill in the gaps for us. They are rarely ever accurate.
You know, we could resolve this conflict right away if we just went back and examined the book again.
Not gonna work
We sold it to Quinn
You know how fast Quinn moves stock
This was also the point where we didn’t have a great of deal money

Well, shit.
Guess that boils down to out of Takashi and Celeste, whose memory is the most reliable?
This may be a matter of great contention.
Tell me about it.
I mean, Takashi is the one who screws up the most when it comes to that special day in February.
Didn’t he almost wreck his old academy while running away?
Dude
Not cool
It’s the truth man.
Next time put some limits on the amount of chocolate you buy.
On the other hand, Celeste is like a fucking forest fire when it comes to some things.
It’s called going a little too fast.
Burn up the track too quickly and you ain’t got the time to stop and smell the flowers.
She was admittedly very exhausted when we discussed about the mission in the valley.
I do recall recommending her to go to bed several hours ago, but she refused.
See what I mean?
She was probably up studying for her university degree or whatever.
Getting back on topic, I think I’ll throw in my lot on Takashi’s recollections.
If you recall, most of the Companions and Denizens (i.e. the ones that were legible in speech) spoke in English. I distinctly remember Takashi and Akikazu having a lot of difficulty deciphering their words.
Yeah that’s true
One of the main motivations for actually paying attention in English class
Using a translation app was fine but after a while it got annoying hearing words from a flat tone
We theorized this was because the game considered English to be default language of humanity, despite the majority of its Players being born in Japan.
Though, it is understandable why Celeste could make a mistake regarding the two languages.
Why
Wait
Never mind I get it

Indeed.
So we all in favour that the text entry was written in English and not Japanese
And that the Denizens and Companions spoke English
Unless specified?
This took a bit longer than I expected but sure.
Agreed.
Cool
It’s nearly time for my appointment
To make this stick or whatever I’m playing the leader card
WHAT??????
This decision is 99.99% immutable
Wait dude why the fuck are you spazzing out
He used the leader card???
The ultra-rare tinfoiled card sprinkled with the stardust of the highest-ranked cherubim that can only be obtained by massaging the chest plates of the most famous android idol group in existence?
The legendary card that can’t be countered by traps, needs only one sacrifice, can’t be removed from play and deals damage equal to three-quarters of the opponent’s current points…
Takashi dared to use that?!?!?!
Are you serious man
Are you really doing this
Oh my god I am never going to get used to your bullshit am I
“This guy…he found the correct moment to strike…”
“To think he’s this good…”
Kill me now
“Tch…now this match is getting heated up…can’t say I’m complaining!”
“But at the end of the day, it’s no match for the ace up my sleeve, a card even rarer and powerful than his feeble mind could ever help to comprehend. Just you wait, Takashi Wakui…”
…I think we could all use with a nice rest. See you all in the morning. I’ll make the coffee.

Okay, HaHeHiHoHu is great. I can't wait until we get them in the party.

>>Celeste: Converse.

so…
what do you guys think of my companion?
Ruvyn?
I don’t know
What else is there to say about him
He’s an elf
He uses a bow and arrow
He looked a lot less shocked than I imagined after being tied to the stake and whatnot
We barely know the guy
like the other two fuckers weve met?
I think we know more than necessary about 114
what
the fact that the bastard smells like the intestines of a sewer and eats raw flesh
and its in love with fumika
Yeah that
rrrggghhhh….
you guys are no fun… >:(
okay then miss genius what the hell do you think about this new elf guy
bear in mind i dont usually have the capacity to care about this sort of shit
well, i think he’s great!
he looks like…well, i didn’t know what i expected before meeting him but i’m pretty sure he’s the right companion for me. call it a bit of a premonition.
What have you checked his stats
no, they’re all obscured because we haven’t seem him fight…
So he could be weaker than a newborn baby then
Great job Celeste
whatever!
fumika knew that her companion was good before she summoned him for its first fight.
fuck no
she was intending to use the monster as a meatshield
i could see it in her eyes
Shit that’s cruel
effective which is all that bitch cares about
are you three doing this on purpose?
doing fucking what tachibana

Cool a new guy

giving you a smack on the head and reminding you that we dont know how good your elf best friend is in combat
i dont trust pretty boys theyre universally all wimps
pah >:P
give him a chance and he’ll be sure to surprise.
i can feel his magic through his summon object.
To be fair Laurence wasn’t too bad when we first summoned him
And Ruvyn didn’t seem weak to me from his first impression
So realistically he should be fine
always knew i could count on you, takashi-kun :)
Still
Guy is kinda handsome in that elfish medieval fantasy kind of way
are you seriously fucking going down this path
i want no part in it you hear me
That’s not what I’m getting at
He looks like a veteran rough battle-scarred elf warrior man found in cheap movies
But his voice is way too happy
yeah, i noticed that about him too. still, it’s not bad to be optimistic.
He doesn’t look like the type that should be optimistic about everything
He should be squatting around a fire sharpening his blades and muttering grizzled rugged and cool-sounding lines beneath his breath
But instead he’s well-natured and stuff
takashi-kun, are you really complaining about somebody being nice?
I’m just saying it’s kinda out of place
but reality isn’t fiction. and yes, i know video games are based off fiction but this one clearly isn’t!
You don’t know that
But whatever I see your point
so hes just like laurence
cheerful about absolutely damn everything even when its not wanted
fanfuckingtastic

>special day in February.
Valentines?

Which reminds me, we should get Ruvyn and Lawrence to meet sometime. That interaction could be interesting.

No, leap year.

>Yup. Takashi apparently unlocks swag soon, and he can't turn it off.

Eight months from now, you mean. It's June right now.

For his swag to build up too School ruining levels he needs to have it on for at least 4-5 months minimum. It's cumulative.

We are far away from max rank CHA

Reminder that this is a Chaos thread.

Nah swag starts at rank 4 it just build faster with higher ranks.

Isn't that the Neutral alignment, though, not Law? Humanity being trusted to make the decisions that are best for it, without interference from angels or devils?

Yeah, uh, Law endings involve people who don't adhere to the exact standards God puts on them getting blasted out of existence or black holed or executed
and thats all just in one smt

Lies and slander

Pic related: you

“Takashi Wakui.”

“Yes, Veleis-sensei?”

“Did you give her the homework like I asked you to?”

“Yeah, I did.”

“Good.” The android teacher nods and you relax a little. “How was she, by the way?”

“Sick, I guess? We just talked about stuff for a while. They say she’ll be out by the end of the week.”

“I see.” Veleis-sensei deigns to give you on of her rare smiles. “She doesn’t have much company, so continue to be kind to her, okay?”

“Yeah, I will.”

[4:00 pm, 6-Jun-2129 (MONDAY)]

Another day of school has come and gone. You wave goodbye to your friends, pack you books and head out into the courtyard, standing beneath the gentle rays of the afternoon sun. Just like usual.

What will you do now?

>Call the team to the Blackened Void. (Exploration)
>Fight randoms in the Battlegrounds. (Gain C. EXP, reputation and increases WILLPOWER)
>Study in the library. (Increases INTELLIGENCE)
>Go to the gym. (Increases WILLPOWER)
>Attend Martial Arts Club. (Lovers S-Link)
>Visit Aria in the hospital. (Devil S-Link)
>Wander around the city. (Random encounter)
>Custom option.

>>Fight randoms in the Battlegrounds. (Gain C. EXP, reputation and increases WILLPOWER)
Hopefully it'll be a tougher fight than the last one.

Right, let's stick to the schedule. Monday is Martial Arts.

>>Attend Martial Arts Club. (Lovers S-Link)

Reminder we can duel at night.

>Attend Martial Arts club. (Lovers S-Link)

I do want to keep Celeste's slink relatively even to Takauji's though

Can't wait to get rank 10 and never visit him ever again.

Yeah. I like the idea of keeping Celeste as our highest social link.

Takauji is our highest right now.

you sadden me greatly

Party member S link is the hardest to increase though. We need to do their side-quests

Well. We've gotta do something about that.
Think we need to hit the dueling arena tonight so we can start doing doubles with Celeste.

That was the plan.

already on the schedule even bru

Thats the plan

Perfect

We really should have put some studying in that scheduel. Exams are coming soon and we really don't want to be behind a int level for them. Failing them tends to cause some mean penalties and winning them gives some amazing things.

What if we dedicate friday to studying we could do it with Fumika and up her slink a bit

Wait, exactly how long til exams?