Dragonball Quest #28

>>Previous threads

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?searchall=dragonball quest

>Information on the MC

pastebin.com/26cbDMzF

>>Information

This quest, as the title suggests, takes place in the world of Dragon Ball. You're playing as a thirteen year old boy named Tofoo, and will adventure through the story of the Dragonball series alongside characters such as Goku, Yamcha, Bulma, Tien, and many others. Through your actions, you can make significant changes to the story, and perhaps even become the strongest fighter on Earth.

>Rules

At the end of each update you'll have ten minutes to vote on options. Write-ins are allowed, but I do reserve the right to veto them.

In the event of a draw, the option to receive the next vote wins

Rolls will be used on certain occasions, such as attempting a technique for the first time or attempting something extremely difficult. You will have three rolls, and if one succeeds, you succeed. There are no crits.

Rolls are made AFTER an option wins, not during the voting process

I hope everyone has fun.

>Current Saga

Red Ribbon Army

>>youtube.com/watch?v=xYWjGlhKkl8

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10504343
strawpoll.me/10504347
youtube.com/watch?v=DIt2KASXRZg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You tell your friends that you can't let the Red Ribbon Army get the Dragonballs.

"Besides, I need to find Goku," you add. "He might be in trouble."

Bulma looks down. "I hope he's okay."

"Krillin, what do you think?" you ask your bald friend.

"Well...." He looks blue in the face, so you're sure the idea of taking on the Red Ribbon Army terrifies him. "I can't just leave you and Goku out here by yourselves. And besides, Master Roshi said my training's done, so if I don't come with you, I'll just fall behind. Count me in."

You tell Bulma and Oolong that they can go, but you want the Dragon Radar.

Bulma hands you the device, and the Dragonball that you recovered.

"Good luck," she tells you and Krillin.

Oolong and Bulma climb into the airship and take off. They don't get far before there's a boom, and the ship plummets to the ground in the distance.

Yeah, maybe trying to fly away wasn't the best idea.

"Oh, man, you think they're okay?" Krillin asks.

>A. Only one way to find out

>B. Yeah, Bulma's too stubborn to die, and Oolong is really lucky when it comes to survival

>C. You don't know, but you'd better find out

>D. Something else

>A. Only one way to find out
>>B. Yeah, Bulma's too stubborn to die, and Oolong is really lucky when it comes to survival

>>A. Only one way to find out

strawpoll.me/10504343

strawpoll.me/10504347

You tell Krillin that there's only one way to find out, and the two of you dash into the woods, following the smoke rising from the airship.

It's easy enough to find, as the smoke from the fires started by the army don't seem to have reached this part of the forest just yet. You and your friend rush between trees, leap over rocks, and swing from vines as you make your way to your destination.

The ship is an absolute wreck, and its crashing seems to have damaged a few trees as well. You and Krillin rush to what's left of the vehicle, but find no sign of your friends.

"Oh no..." Krillin groans. "What do you think happened to them?"

There's a rustle in the bushes nearby, and you immediately turn toward it. Krillin drops into a fighting stance, putting on a brave face and apparently expecting trouble.

But, when you see who emerges from the bushes, you just feel relief.

Goku walks out, carrying a dazed Bulma on his back, and holding Oolong by the shirt with his right hand.

"Oh, hi!" Goku says, grinning when he sees you and Krillin.

>A. Goku!

>B. Ask how he got here

>C. Ask if he found the Dragonball

>D. Ask if Bulma and Oolong are okay

>E. Something else

>A. Goku!

Som...why do we need A? Saying someone's name really doesn't need to be a choice made.

>B. Ask how he got here
>C. Ask if he found the Dragonball

>>D. Ask if Bulma and Oolong are okay

>A. Goku!

"Goku!" you greet happily.

Krillin runs over to the monkey-tailed boy, who sets your other two friends down.

"Are they okay?" you ask Goku.

He nods. "I pulled them out before they crashed."

"Yeah...thanks," Oolong groans.

"Goku, how did you get here?" Krillin asks.

"I don't know," Goku admits. "I landed here after the big flying house blew up."

>A. Wait, Pilaf's ship blew up?

>B. Ask if he got the ball

>C. Tell him the Red Ribbon Army's here

>D. Something else

>C. Tell him the Red Ribbon Army's here

>>A. Wait, Pilaf's ship blew up?

"Wait, Pilaf's ship blew up?" you ask.

Goku nods. "The Red Ribbon Army shot it down. I called for Nimbus, and then I fell. When I woke up, I was here."

"Did you get the Dragonball you were after?" Krillin asks.

Goku shakes his head. "No, the Red Ribbon Army got it from Pilaf."

"Great," Oolong sighs. "If Goku couldn't stop them from getting that ball, we might as well just hand this one to them."

Bulma groans, standing up and shaking her head. "What in the...."

She glares at you. "This is your fault, you know. If you'd just let with us when we wanted to, we could have been out of here before those jerks had the chance to shoot us down!"

"But then we might not have found Goku," Krillin points out.

Bulma's expression softens. "Well, yeah...."

>A. Ask if Bulma has any more airships

>B. Tell Goku and Krillin that the three of you need to drive the army out of the jungle

>C. Something else

>B. Tell Goku and Krillin that the three of you need to drive the army out of the jungle
Time to show that Agent Orange who is boss

>>B. Tell Goku and Krillin that the three of you need to drive the army out of the jungle

>C. Something else
If she doesn't ask either Goku or Krillin if they can lead them back to the Ox Kings village while the the one that remains helps us with the RR army in the jungle

>>B. Tell Goku and Krillin that the three of you need to drive the army out of the jungle

>Agent Orange

Uh...user, you aren't in Vietnam

Oh hey it even has Olmec as the OP.

No we're in deeper shit than that
We're in an cartoon made for young chinese boys

>lets rock
Is the image just that popular or did I start something all those months ago?

You tell Goku and Krillin that the three of you need to get the Red Ribbon Army out of the jungle.

"Right!" Goku says with a determined expression.

Krillin nods. "Okay!"

You look over to Bulma, and ask her if she has any more airships.

"No, that was my only one," she tells you. "And besides, even if I did, we'd just be shot out of the sky again."

"Great, then we're trapped!" Oolong shouts. "Looks like this is it, good thing I can do this!"

Oolong transforms into a bird and begins to fly off.

"Oh, no you don't!" Bulma shouts. "PIGGY, PIGGY, PIGGY, PIGGY!"

Oolong dives back down into the trees, and a terrible stench fills the air.

"I'll bet the Red Ribbon Army has capsules," Goku comments. "They had a lot of planes when they were chasing Emperor Pilaf."

>A. Tell Bulma to hang back with Oolong while the three of you deal with the army, then they can take a capsule and get out of here

>B. Ask Goku to use the Flying Nimbus to take Bulma and Oolong to the Ox King's village

>C. Comment that Krillin is being braver about this than usual

>D. Something else

>A. Tell Bulma to hang back with Oolong while the three of you deal with the army, then they can take a capsule and get out of here

>>D. Something else
Put it in.

>B. Ask Goku to use the Flying Nimbus to take Bulma and Oolong to the Ox King's village

Telling Oolong to stay with Oolong while you, Goku, and Krillin deal with the Red Ribbon Army, you dash into the jungle with your two friends, speeding toward the smoke that billows in the distance.

"Tofoo, are you alright?" Goku asks you as he swings from a branch to cross a small body of water.

You explain to him that Bulma, Krillin, and Oolong got you all fixed up, and you're feeling much, much better.

Goku nods, a determined smile on his face. "Then this should be no sweat."

"You really think so?" Krillin asks, leaping over a fallen log. "These guys are pretty good. Even the Ox King couldn't stop them."

"We were trained by Master Roshi, remember?" Goku asks him. "And Tofoo did even better than us in the tournament!"

Krillin nods. "I guess that's true. Then the three of us should be able to handle this no sweat."

The three of you come to a section of the forest where members of the army are using flame-throwers to burn away the trees. Terrified animals flee for their lives, lucky that the soldiers don't seem interested in targeting them directly.

>A. Attack head-on

>B. Try to sneak past them

>C. Attack, but take care to make sure you don't kill them

>D. Walk over and demand they stop what they're doing

>E. Something else

>C.

>>A. Attack head-on

>A. Attack head-on

Wonder why the fuck they're burning the forest if we have the damn ball already.

You rush at the offending soldiers, taking out a pair of them by grabbing one by the ankle, spinning, and throwing him into his nearest ally.

A soldier armed with a flamethrower turns toward you and unleashes a torrent of fire. You jump above it, getting burnt on your butt in the process before kicking the man and knocking him out cold.

Krillin attacks from above, kicking a soldier into a tree with enough force to make the plant collapse, and Goku takes out a trio of the soldiers with his Power Pole.

During this fight, you do everything you can to avoid killing anyone. These people may be your enemies, but you don't really like to kill if you can avoid it.

With the three of you working together, it takes about thirty seconds to take down the small group of enemy soldiers.

You proceed toward the distant cliffs, telling Goku and Krillin that the leader of the army in this area will be waiting there.

About halfway through the trek, something crashes through the trees, knocking several over before crashing into your stomach, throwing you back and sending you crashing through a pair of trees.

In the distance, you see a tank rolling toward you.

>A. Find something heavy to crush it with

>B. Go around it

>C. Ask Goku if he can break it with the Power Pole

>D. Kamehameha

>E. Bear Shout

>F. Something else

>>C. Ask Goku if he can break it with the Power Pole

>F. Something else
No Kame
No Bear shout

just jump on the tank and start punching anything that look like it opens.

The Radar used by the Red Ribbon Army far from precise, really only giving them a basic idea of where the balls are. The army only knows the ball is somewhere in the forest, no specifics, so they're clearing out everything to find it. They aren't aware that someone else has it already.

This
Put our bear fists to good use

Boy I bet they gonna be mad salty when they find out we have the ball.

Or maybe they'll be pleased that you're delivering it right to them.

You ask Goku if he can break the tank with the Power Pole, and he shows you that he can, positioning himself between you and the machine.

"POWER POLE, EXTEND!"

The weapon grows longer and longer, until Goku is able to attack the vehicle from a safe distance. Slamming the Power Pole down on top of the vehicle, he crushes the tank like a tin can.

The three of you continue onward, finding more tanks and clusters of soldiers the closer you get to the main camp. Krillin smashes a tank by leaping down on it from a high tree, you pick one up and throw it into another, and the three of you mow through soldiers like blades of grass.

Bullets fly, flamethrowers roar, tanks throw everything they have, and the soldiers fight furiously, but they are no match for you three martial artists.

Soon, you reach the camp, which sits just below a cliff on the edge of the jungle. It's patrolled by many soldiers, most on foot, but a few in cars, and is made up of several houses that seem to have come from capsules.

"Okay, I'll keep the morons distracted, you guys go find their leader and their capsules," Krillin suggests.

>A. Sounds like a plan

>B. Comment that Krillin's being braver than normal

>C. Nah, the three of you should just storm the camp and take them all down

>D. Something else

>A. Sounds like a plan
>>B. Comment that Krillin's being braver than normal

>A. Sounds like a plan

>A. Sounds like a plan

Chi-chi upgraded Krillin's bravery didn't she?

Having a girlfriend is gonna do wonders for his confidence.

It didn't work for me.
I was already confident before.
After finding that having a gf was kind of boring, and realising I got suckered into normie hype for normie shit, I lost confidence.
Thankfully I think that's the last normie thing I ever got hyped about.

Oh shit will having a girl make him taller too

Nah, that's in his genetics son.

"Sounds like a plan," you tell Krillin. "You know, you're acting a lot braver than usual."

Krillin blushes and rubs the back of his head. "Well, what would Chichi think of me if I was a chicken? I've gotta be brave to impress her."

"Why do you want to impress Chichi?" Goku asks.

Krillin's face turns even redder. "Well, we're kind of dating now."

"Dating, what's that?" Goku asks.

"Well, uh...we hang out together and do stuff together," Krillin tries to explain.

"Wait, does that mean we're dating too?" Goku asks, sounding a bit confused while also kind of amused.

"No, you dummy!" Krillin shouts. "It means she's my girlfriend!"

The bald fighter quickly covers his mouth, but too late, bullets start flying in your direction. Krillin leaps from the bushes and runs toward the soldiers, drawing their fire and giving you and Goku the chance to make your way to one of the houses.

Peering through the window, you see a sleeping soldier, and two more sitting at a table. As gunshots ring out, the two at the table get up and race for the door.

>A. Wait for them to come out, then attack them

>B. Move on to the next building

>C. Something else

>A. Wait for them to come out, then attack them

>>B. Move on to the next building

Rolled 77 (1d100)

>C. Something else
Dunno.what.

>>A. Wait for them to come out, then attack them

>>A. Wait for them to come out, then attack them

>A.
Less obstacles for krillin, don't want him getting blindsided

As the soldiers open the door, you kick one in the gut, throwing him back against his buddy and sending them both sprawling. While the one you struck writhes in pain, his friend, pinned beneath him, pulls out a gun and begins firing at you.

You duck and roll into the building, taking a single shot to the back as you do so. Shrugging it off like a bee-sting, you rush over to the man and kick the gun from his hand before punching him in the face with enough force to knock him out cold.

The first man gets up and prepares to throw a punch at you, but Goku hits him on the head with the Power Pole and knocks him out.

The sleeping soldier continues to snore away while you and Goku make your way through the building, finding a single case with a dozen capsules of the same type in it.

Heading outside, you find that Krillin is dealing with his enemies just fine, dodging bullets, taking down soldiers, and kicking cars. The Red Ribbon Army is pretty much overwhelmed, and you can't help but appreciate how far your friend has come.

You see the door to one of the buildings open, and Captain Orange emerges, carrying a rocket launcher that he aims at Krillin.

>A. Knock the weapon from his hand

>B. Attack while his focus is on Krillin

>C. Ask Goku to disarm him with the Power Pole

>D. Shout for Krillin to look out

>E. Something else

>A. Knock the weapon from his hand

>>B. Attack while his focus is on Krillin

>>A. Knock the weapon from his hand

>A

You rush toward Captain Orange, leaping up and kicking the weapons upward, causing him to fire a rocket into the sky, far away from your friend.

Orange drops the rocket launcher, turning to face you. A smirk works its way onto his lips.

"I have to say, I wasn't expecting to see you again," he tells you, resting his hand on the gun at his hip. "If you're here looking for a Dragonball, we don't have it."

>A. Actually, you already have it

>B. Tell them to leave the jungle

>C. Tell him he almost killed you

>D. Ask why the Red Ribbon Army wants the ball

>E. Something else

>D. Ask why the Red Ribbon Army wants the ball
then

>B. Tell them to leave the jungle

>>B. Tell them to leave the jungle

>D, then B

"Why does the Red Ribbon Army want this Dragonball?" you ask.

"Commander Red wants all seven Dragonballs," Orange explains. "The goal of the Red Ribbon Army is world domination. So, put two and two together, and what do you get?"

"Four?" Goku guesses.

Orange chuckles. "Cute, kid. But this is not a joke. When we possess all seven balls, the Red Ribbon Army will rule this entire world. We already possess one, despite your efforts, and we are closing in on the other six."

He looks between you and Goku, then glances at Krillin. "You boys are quite strong to be able to fight my men like this. I think there's a place for you in the Red Ribbon Army. What do you say? Sure beats dying, doesn't it?"

>A. Ask what makes him think he can beat the three of you

>B. Accept his offer

>C. Refuse

>D. Tell him you have the Dragonball he's looking for

>E. Hit him

>F. Get ready to defend yourself

>G. Something else

>E. Hit him

>E. Hit him
Im getting shit of they're shit
FIGHT TO KILL
TRUE VIOLENCE

>>E. Hit him

"What makes you think you can beat all three of us?" you ask Orange, giving him a punch in the gut that sends him to his knees.

He gasps in pain, cringing as he rises back to his feet, trembling and glaring at you with pure hatred and contempt.

"Because I am not Colonel Silver," he tells you. "I'm not reliant on everyone being terrified of me and me army, or being unable to put up a fight. I learned from his mistakes, and from my father. I know that one has to be prepared for anything."

He pulls out a capsule, throwing it to the ground to reveal a two-legged machine not too different from the ones used by Mai and Shu.

He climbs into the machine and makes it rise to its full height, causing it to tower above you.

"My secret weapon," he explains. "A prototype built by my father, the chief weapons engineer of the Red Ribbon Army. I think you'll find it more than a match for you."

The machine's right hand clenches into a fist, and the cannon on its left arm aims at Goku.

"So, boys," he says. "Care to show me what you're made of?"

>A. Attack head-on

>B. Plant yourself firmly and wait for him to strike, test how strong this thing is

>C. Attack its legs

>D. Tell Goku to smash it with the Power Pole

>E. Bear Shout

>F. Kamehameha

>G. Something else

>F. Kamehameha
it's knee joints

Oh god, we are fighting android 16 in the flesh.

Now do you understand the real danger that you're in?

>>F. Kamehameha

What's faster? Bear Shout or Kamehameha? Whichever is faster at the knees.

>C. Attack its legs

>>youtube.com/watch?v=DIt2KASXRZg

You cup your hands at your side, feeling a warmth spread through you. You direct that warm to the palm of your hands and prepare to use one of your most devastating attacks.

"Ka...." you begin.

Before you can get any further, the machine punches you with its massive metal fist, throwing you off your feet and slamming you into a tree with enough force to make it collapse on top of you.

Goku leaps toward the machine, but a rocket shoots from the cannon on its left side, catching Goku in the gut and pushing him into a cluster of trees.

The rocket explodes, and several trees are knocked down by the blast. The area of the explosion is consumed by flames, and Goku does not reemerge.

"Isn't it amazing?" Orange asks, turning toward you as you get up. "My father may not be much of a fighter, but he really is a genius when it comes to science. With this suit, I am invincible!"

He stomps toward you, aiming the cannon at you. "Now, this time, I'll reduce you to ashes!"

>A. Charge!

>B. Avoid his attacks and get in close enough to strike

>C. Avoid his attacks, grab the rocket launcher, and shoot him!

>D. Flee into the trees

>E. Evade his attacks and try to do a bear shout

>F. Use the Afterimage technique to land a hit with the Kamehameha

>F

You roll out of the way as a torrent of flame shoots from the cannon on the mech's arm. Getting up, you run closer to the machine, jumping beneath a punch and kicking the machine with all of the power you can muster.

The machine takes a few steps back, but doesn't seem damaged.

"You have some serious power, kid," Orange tells you. "It's a shame you're too stupid to join us, you could have gone far in this organization."

You leap back, avoiding a punch from the mech, which instead hits the ground. The cannon swerves toward you, firing a rocket that slams into you and throws you into the forest before exploding.

You yell in pain, and crawl away from the flames the explosion has allowed to spread. That hurt like hell, but it wasn't enough to kill you, which means Goku is probably just fine as well.

>A. Charge back out and attack

>B. Bear Shout from the trees

>C. Kamehameha from the trees

>D. Wait until it goes to deal with Krillin, then charge out and attack

>E. Something else

>D. Wait until it goes to deal with Krillin, then charge out and attack

>>D. Wait until it goes to deal with Krillin, then charge out and attack

You wait for Orange to turn his attention to Krillin, then you make your move.

Rushing from the forest, you sprint over to the machine, leaping and kicking at the joint in its left leg.

The leg buckles much like a human's would from such a strike, and the machine begins to lose its balance.

Krillin lets out a yell, though you notice his eyes are clenched shut with fear as he leaps forward, kicking the machine and causing it to fall back. You move out of the way before it can crush you, and Krillin leaps back.

With distance between the two of you and the machine, you're out of range of any punches, and will have time to react to any projectiles.

The machine flips itself over, and begins to push itself up.

"You don't get it," Orange tells you. "My father built this suit to be an unstoppable instrument of war, a perfect shell from which a mere human could destroy entire armies. Do you really think three kids can destroy it?"

Glancing up, you see Goku standing on the roof of a house, hands cupped at his side and glowing with blue light.

>A. Actually, you only need one

>B. Get into a fighting stance and keep Orange's focus on you

>C. Something else

>A
>C
Get Bear Shout ready
Cross the streams

>B
By bluffing a Kamehameha

>B. Get into a fighting stance and keep Orange's focus on you

Oh sorry
Change it from A to B

>>B. Get into a fighting stance and keep Orange's focus on you

You drop into a fighting stance, acting as if you're about to use a Kamehameha Wave again.

"Seriously, kid?" Orange asks, stomping toward you. "I'm not going to give you time to do whatever you think you're-"

"HAAAAA!!!" Goku shouts from atop the house, sending a blue beam of energy flying right toward the mech.

Orange begins to turn around, letting out a shocked scream just before the blast hits, causing the mechanical weapon to smolder and explode, the blast pushing you away.

The legs and a small part of the mech's body still stand, flames dancing along them before they fall over and crash to the ground.

Several of the nearby soldiers pick themselves off the ground, throwing down capsules and producing flames. They climb into their aircraft and fly away as fast as they can.

You've done it, the Red Ribbon Army has been driven from the jungle.

"That was great, Goku!" Krillin compliments as Goku drops down from the roof and walks over.

"Thanks!" Goku says with a smile.

"I guess we should go find some Capsules," Krillin says.

"We already found some," Goku says, looking over at you. "Are they the right ones?"

Only one way to find out.

You throw a capsule to the ground, and a plane soon sits in front of you.

There's the exit.

>End Updates

That's all for tonight, guys, sorry it was such a short thread, but tomorrow night I plan to run much longer, get an earlier start and end later

Tomorrow will also hopefully be where Muscle Tower begins, so don't miss it

Follow me @qmdralo to see when threads are up

As always, I'll stick around to answer questions and such

Thanks for running.

Thanks for playing

Did Goku just kill Gero's son?

Yes, but you and Krillin were involved.

Prepare your anus for vengeance!