>Additional Information

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/49949/lost-in-the-dark-lands
pastie.org/private/7yhnyfm3ucni4lz0gbfqw
discord.gg/014SV8uEXpPfyfKEb
discord.gg/0151Op1qQ007koIDZ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Maybe we should use that pirate icon.

At least the people bitching about it kept the thread alive.

No. orignal game finder pic best pic.

No, Lonely Neckbeard Foundation best picture

Neither of those get free bumps though.

How about that shota pic someone dropped a couple threads ago?

That's at least 20 hate bumps.

>GM or Player
Player
>System(s)
3.5/PF/Gurps/SR 5e/Warhammer Fantasy
>Time availability/Timezone
EST-5 whenever really
>Text or Voice
Both prefer voice though
>Contact Information
totallyrandomuser
>Additional Information

>GM or Player
Player
>System(s)
Mouseguard
>Time availability
EST
>Text or Voice
Text
>Contact Information
[email protected]
>Additional Information

>GM or Player
Player
>System(s)
WHFRP, all theWh40k RPGs ,Shadowrun, Exalted
>Time availability
Mostly free the majority of summer, Timezone GMT+2. For game time i'm mostly free from 7 PM and later.
>Text or Voice
I'm fine with both
>Contact Information
Mail: [email protected]

>DM
>Pathfinder
>Undecided
>Text
>Roll20 links and apply
>General details at the roll20 page.

I'll lurk here for some time incase anyone has some questions.

You talking about this?

Nothing gets threads going better than a tangentially related, somewhat erotic, loli picture.

>Where dreams are ruined
Damn, I'll say. I've only successfully recruited one player through a game finder thread. He seemed really great, polite, decently friendly, paid attention, actual roleplayed. Had a few fun sessions, then he just up and cut off all contact.

Did my post get deleted or did this thread die and get remade with the same picture in the last 12 hours?

Died, which is why people are saying "at least pirate kept thread alive". See for previous short-lived thread.

>Fifteen replies after nearly 12 hours.

Okay guys, I think it's time to give up. Don't bother making another thread.

What do you expect from a thread made on Thursday?

There's no need to keep making threads if no one posts in them.

It's not like anyone actually finds games here, anyway.

I come here to try and get players but barely anyone has any interest aside from a very specific ruleset or game theme they'll never get.

I'd prefer if these threads kept on going though..

>I'd prefer if these threads kept on going though..
Why? You said yourself they're totally useless.

You might think this thread only occupies one slot in on the board, but think of what else could be on the front page? What else could people see in its place in the catalog? No matter where on the board it is, it's displacing something.
We don't need useless or bad threads - and I'd say Game Finder is both.

If you can't sustain even one thread, you need to die.

I found my gaming group for 3 years now here.

Dont give up.

Free bump then.

So? That was three years ago.

Game Finder has withered since, and now it's time to quietly die.

Don't go kicking and screaming. Accept this with some dignity.

Veeky Forums has always been universally rubbish unless its your specific favourite game. I ignore every single thread on Veeky Forums aside from gamefinder threads. I used to follow the Warhammer ones then Age of Sigmar happened.

So yeah.
Yeah I won't I'll make threads myself if I have too.

No, never :^)

>Do not go gentle into that dark knight.

>Veeky Forums has always been universally rubbish
Okay, see - you aren't Veeky Forums any more.

I enjoy Veeky Forums. All of it. So do hundreds of other people.
If you don't like it, leave. Take this useless thread with you.

>useless
nope

There are basically no other places to maybe get good players. R20 applicants are all about Mary Sues, and I don't even know any others.

I've been on Veeky Forums for years at this point. And I'm sorry but its always been bad. Its always been to serve a purpose. DnD/Pathfinder threads, Warhammer threads, or Magic threads and etc.. Every so often there are good threads like World-builder threads but they're not active at all (more than these though I guess).

Another function is too find players. This thread serves a function, if you don't again why the bumps?

You just have a hateboner for this thread, if it kciks off some quest threads, I am happy.

>nope
Yep. Look at this thread. Look at every thread for the past I don't know how long. Month? Six months?

No one finds games here any more. And if they do, they drop them after a session or two.
I don't know how many of you people I've burned through.

Please just stop. Give up already.
No one finds players here. And if they do, as I've said, they don't hang around for long.

>if it kciks off some quest threads
Look you fucking loser, Quests are the best thing Veeky Forums has had to offer in a half decade. Go fuck ytourself. Idiot.

It has reached the point where try (and succeed) to intentionally trigger people off in order to bump the thread and keep it alive.

They are not the heroes we need, but the ones we deserve.

I had the same experience except with a GM... two GMs actually, one from gamefinder one from R20.
With one it turned out that IRL issues came up. The other never gave any explanation.

Also that picture is fucking amazing. Where the hell is that from? The colors, the art...

>Give up
NEVER

>No one finds games here any more. And if they do, they drop them after a session or two.
>I don't know how many of you people I've burned through.

I've found multiple games. Some I dropped, some dropped by me, others went on for long. I hosted a weekly campaign for 9 months. Just because you have a shitty personality doesn't mean everyone does.

Some,yes.

I miss Drew.

Also, stop being a mud person.

Internet anonymity allows to sever contact with no repercussions.

It's true, I'm sorry, you need to go. Just like quests, only you won't have a new home to go to.

Please, just stop. This is pathetic.

Okay, nice. Just drop any pretense of discussion and go right for the personal attacks.
This is why this thread got so shit.

Shamelessly reposting as thread is finally active.

>DM
>Pathfinder
>Undecided
>Text
>Roll20 links and apply
>General details at the roll20 page.

>Internet anonymity allows to sever contact with no repercussions.

>but-why-meme.jpg

People are afraid and lazy.

They like the idea of playing/mastering but shy away from effort and commitment.

t. Slowly improving,lazy GM.

Keep up the good work.

>Also that picture is fucking amazing. Where the hell is that from? The colors, the art...
Don't forgt the broken leg

i did not mention anatomy did i.

>Shamelessly reposting as thread is finally active.
Joke's on you, I had already written my application

Oh are you David? Nice.

I responded by the way

Repostan from ill-fated predecessor:

>GM

>D&D 3.5 with heavy thumb on scale (Yes, I have tried not playing D&D)

>GMT+1 (Yurop)

>"erikmesoy" on irc.nightstar.net or Steam

>Pitch: The Titanomachy is over a few years past, the high fantasy and mad science civilizations having all burned each other down. There are now no necromancers looting your graves, no druids sacrificing your children, no firebrand preachers compelling you to worship new gods, no cybernetics eating your soul. It is an age of reconstruction, where men colonize, rediscover and pacify a world littered with the scraps of epic battles - weapons, monsters, and constructs that straddle the line.
>(Influenced by elements of Numenera, Exalted, Dominions, and Fall from Heaven)

>level 1
>15 point buy

You sure about this?

I'm pretty good with balance honestly. I make my own encounters/NPCs to compensate.

15 points is standard anyway.

>15 points is standard anyway.

Oh, so you're one of THOSE Paidrones.

?

What's wrong with it?

Encouraging dominance of SAD caster and absolutely shitting all over anyone who needs Strength, god forbid a Str/Cha character like a paladin.

My game is low-magic.

I thought you read my game description?

Its a homebrew game..

Well it's a good thing you didn't stop people from playing wizards anyway!

Dude, wtf are you talking about?

Every DM balances his game based on the setting and pointbuy.

wtf have you just been in some really salty games or something? In my setting caster have a harder time than normal anyway.

Me and two other Anons are looking for 2 or 3 more people to join us for some Shadowrun 5E. We'll be using Roll20 and it'll probably be Chat Only.
We don't have a GM yet, but I can act as one in case nobody else is willing.
We don't have a set time or date yet, so we can discuss that at a later date.
Also, please note that for one of our players, this will be their first time playing a tabletop RPG.
Please let me know in a reply if you're interested.

Friendly bump, don't need a game myself but it's nice to give back to the thread where I found my main group years ago.

I'm refereeing a Twilight 2000 game. Edition 2.2

Got 3 other players but 1 is away this weekend and another is away until late July. Plus, the more the merrier.

We're three 3 sessions in.

Twilight 2000 is set in an alternate timeline where the Cold War never ended, and got hot instead. The players are the survivors of years of an international nuclear and conventional war that wiped out around 90% of the world's population. Most survivors are preoccupied with basic subsistence and defending themselves against marauders armed with weapons left over from the war... Some are soldiers, still fighting for the future of humanity, or maybe because that's all that makes sense anymore.

Game is set in war-torn Poland, during the springtime fighting season between what's left of NATO and the Red Army.

Email me at [email protected] if interested

When are you playing and in which time zone?

I am intrigued.
Voice/text? Where and when?
What do you mean by a 'heavy thumb on scale'?

I found it on deviantart, just slapped text on to it.

The "dreams ruined" bit is just a joke.

Maptool, looking at Saturday afternoon/evening, and I intend that only text will be needed to play. Voice may be an optional extra for chatter.

I'm targeting tier 3-4 and putting my thumb on the scale with a couple of broad measures such as "no starting with spells or powers over level 1". I'm not outright banning wizards, but a starting wizard PC would be the most experienced wizard in the known world, and neophytes would want to crib your notes for spell research. If you want better spells, you'd have to go looting the meteor-striked ruins of wizard colleges smashed in the God Wars. Mind the guardian demons. Likewise, the Ascendant crushed possible competing godlings before transcending to a higher plane of existence, so clerics are short on powerful patrons.

Also, after I posted previously, one of the other players requested skill consolidation, so I'm planning on using this thing I had lying around from a while ago: pastie.org/private/7yhnyfm3ucni4lz0gbfqw

We're playing tomorrow evening for our next session, and I'm in the California time zone.

Bump

>The "dreams ruined" bit is just a joke.
It's too true to be funny.

Voice or text?

I had a player up and quit because his grandpa died. That's understandable and all, but I found myself asking why the hell he signed up for commitments like this instead of spending time with him if he was so close to death.

I had a player drop out without a word, despite how I tried contacting him repeatedly for weeks.

When he finally got back to me, he said his parents house caught on fire. So I figured, okay, maybe he's preoccupied helping them out.

Didn't stop him from constantly playing Steam games while ignoring any and all attempts at remaining in contact for over a month, often times during game times, until I finally gave up and just kicked him from the campaign.

discord.gg/014SV8uEXpPfyfKEb

Here's the invite for the Veeky Forums game finder discord server from a previous thread. We've got a decent number of people on and I know there is a gurps game looking for people currently.

Black humor.

I'll add the invite link to the next threads OP then.

It "should" be set to never expire, so that'll work. Thanks

How long until the OP is filled with youtube channels and live streams of Veeky Forums games?

Why not add the #lfg IRC while you're at it?

>implying any group can stay together long enough to record or play on live stream

Will do

I've been with the same group for almost three years now.

We do switch games a lot though, to keep things fresh.

>GM or Player
Player
>System(s)
Pathfinder/D&D5e
>Time availability
PST; I work night audit (11pm-7am), so my schedule is VERY flexible.
>Text or Voice
Either works for me.
>Contact Information
Mail: [email protected]

>GM or Player
GM
>System(s)
Symbaroum
>Time availability
Sunday, Monday, Tuesday (MST)
>Text or Voice
Voice, or in person
>Contact Information
Skype is vorpal.james
>Additional Information
Looking to run a Symbaroum game, preferably in person, but if I can't find a group IRL, I'll probably run it online. I'm in the Denver/Lakewood/Littleton area, and if you are, great. If not, message me anyway and maybe we can work something out

>Somebody running a symbaroum game
>Skype
Would you be willing to look into using Discord instead? In my and most other people's opinion it's much better, at the very least it has better audio quality.

Always wanted to try shadowrun, any more info?

I have a Discord, I've been using it for a different game. I agree, it is better, I just put Skype since I didn't have another other contact info to give

Here is a Discord channel link for anyone who is interested.
discord.gg/0151Op1qQ007koIDZ

>GM or Player
Player
>System(s)
D&D 5e
>Time Availability
Flexible (CST)
>Text or Voice
Either
>Contact Information
[email protected]
>Additional Information
Newbie; played a couple of one-offs but I don't have a handle on things yet.

you do realize that even old people can die suddenly, right?

Sure, what kinda info are you looking for?

>GM or Player
Player
>System(s)
Warhammer fantasy; KoW
>Time availability
Anytime in the evenings during the week plus pretty much all weekends
>Text or Voice
In person :P
>Contact Information
[email protected]
>Additional Information
Live in Toronto and able to travel anywhere in the city. I might even host a game from time to time.

I feel stupid having reread your first post since that answered everything i was going to ask except for contact info

Heh, not a problem. My email is [email protected].

What system were you running?

Coolio, so do i just message you or something? first time game finding like this

Just email him man, ask for details about his game, and treat him like a friend you were preparing to game with

Sure man, go for it!

Don't forget to create a fake account first, or else some stranger on the internet is going to get your personal information.

How many games are too many games?

I'm currently in 7 games, 2 of which I run out of the 3 that are played on a weekly basis.

Jesus Christ how horrifying

Two games at a time is usually my limit (though I'm usually GMing one of them). I can occasionally do three at a time but not if any of them are going to be really long campaigns.

What's your success rate with that kind of schedule? Do you actually stay committed to all those games?

At least 5 of them are with IRL friends who each have complicated schedules so we end up playing different games depending on who's free. Usually no more than one game a week though. It's easy to stay committed with a good group, but the wait is rough sometimes.

The 2 weekly ones with NEET groups are more frequently played but the commitment is lesser.

When they start infringing on the rest of your life. If you are getting your job done (or are comfortably retired!) and still get eight hours of sleep a night, this is fine.

What is the preferred method of online play?

Personally, I prefer text only. I've mostly stuck to Roll20 this past year, since every other program with an online map gives me recurring firewall issues.

Voice would conceivably be faster, but I just can't talk enough to DM. Tried it before and I had a sore throat for days after.

Is there a more active way to find players than dropping an ad and waiting on an e-mail? Like a chat room where I could say the premise of the game and see if it catches any immediate interest?

>Find game on Roll 20
>invite friends from other games, including the GM
>Had first session today
>went really well, even the 15 year old russian kid played his character well
>gm really has his shit together

its gonna be a good campaign

You've jinxed it. Have fun entering a magical realm next session.