Loved Bretts

>loved Bretts
>hated that AoS killed the WHOLE FUCKING WARHAMMER SETTING
>saw brettcasts
>They look fucking baller
>have a few brett heads and know where the last box of brett knights is at my LGS
>think playing super knights fighting through Robo-France 2929 might be fun as hell
>remember that I don't fucking know how many smegmarites I'll need because AGE OF SIGMAR HAS NO FUCKING RULES FOR POINT BALANCE
I'm torn, I mean I don't hate AoS because of its rules (it might be a lot of fun), though the setting is fucking retarded.

Do you think its worth? how many sigmarites do I need for a team? I also have my old High Elf army

Ogres killed Bretonnia in AoS? I didn't know there were any ogres left by then.

Like really the hard part seems like replacing the hammers with Flur de lis

GW stopped making bretts and tomb kings forever

What said that? And yeah, ogres are still around because they sell well. They're also pretty cool.

You could just paint up the minis for fun you know. Maybe even field them as some proxy unit in WH:FB, like Grail Knights or Chaos Warriors.

>You could just paint up the minis for fun you know.
Well of course I can, thats why I am considering touching them in the first place, I just really want to know if AoS is worth playing with them and how I it could work. I could use them for a GK army too

You could play Kings of War.

Their Brotherhood army list is pretty much Bretonnia, but less grimdark.

They also get extra stuff like foot knights, Water Elemental and a special character unit which is pretty much Robin Hood's Merry Men..

But their models look like crap

also
>less grimdark
>thinks WHFB was grimdark like 40k
Son arm yourself with knowlege, whfb wasn't just 40k with bows instead of guns, it was really nobledark. Where good was really shiny, and evil was over the top.
Hell warmashit is more grimdark

>But their models look like crap
It's not Geedub, you nonce; nobody's forcing you to use KoW models purchased from KoW shopfronts exclusively.

The whole point of the suggestion is to use your Brets with an infinitely superior rulesset that's actually supported, anyway.

Just fuck off instead you cancerous cunt, AoS does not want you.

I don't think AoS can be picky about who it wants at this point.

AoS will be getting a points system in a month or two withthe general's handbook. TK and brets have points too

Is every AoS player this grumpy and defencive? Even to potential buyers?

Also someone post more bretcasts

>Where good was really shiny

No it wasn't, the empire was mostly country bumpkins afraid of the dark, dwarves were so stubborn they'd rather die than ask for assistance and elves were hedonistic drug addicts slowly marching to their death.

>elves were hedonistic drug addicts slowly marching to their death.

Not the high elves nigga, thats 40k eldar, senpai

Just play Kings of War. Bretts are there in the form of the Brotherhood, and you can use any models you want including the GW Bretts of course.

>look up AoS batttle scroll for bretts
>lists peasants as Free people
>brett peasants
>free
>and people

>But their models look like crap
There are no Brotherhood models.

Jesus christ the difference just putting a brett head on Sigmarines makes! Goes from silly-looking to pretty damn baller.

because it goes away from the retarded "golden spessmarines of thunder" look and goes back to the "KNGHTS! LANCES! CHIVALRY! FUCK YEAH" feel of whfb

>saw brettcasts
>They look fucking baller
Did AoS killed your good taste too? Cause it looks like that.

I think you're right. Fuck yes. I never played WHF but I always loved Bretts. So they don't make ANY of the Brett range anymore? All those ornate arthurian bits lost to time?

unless china or a mirical happens

There are historical models you can use, but sicne they are historical a lot of the whimsy of the helmets and fantastical designs are lost for realism

Yeah the ornate-ness is what I love. Bollocks, massive shame that. I'm glad I bought a box of Knight-Errants years ago just because I always wanted a couple.

You can use the rule system without buying the models. It's something the publishers encourage.

Thats honestly why I hate "realist" games and song of swords
Everyone gets too autistic about being historically correct when the whole point of fantasy is breaking rules

Why not both?

thats why I liked whfb so much. It wasn't full on RWBY with its fantastical level leaving something people can identifiy with, but it wasn't just polearms and shit either