Pathfinder General

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Celestials Edition

How has angels and good outsiders affected your game, /pfg/?

Get the latest compilation of DSP's monster classes here, now with hound archon and succubus: sendspace.com/file/uanv1c

When asking about build advice, remember to be sure to mention whether or not third party material (3pp) is allowed!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hdPm41ad

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
web.archive.org/web/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

sendspace.com/file/uanv1c
d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/mobile-stronghold-combat
observerz.deviantart.com/art/--346214882
minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=270.0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>sendspace.com/file/uanv1c

That zip file does not have the hound archon and succubus....

What sort of angel is this? Or what sort is it probably most likely, in PF terms?

titty angel

>be desperado warlord
>hit level 11, get twisting wind shot
>crit forever for x4 damage, never run out of grit, use upclose and deadly with every shot
>mfw

pure sex angel

I've been GMing a game for almost two years now where the party were chosen ones for different members of the settings pantheon.

Jesus Christ I was not ready for a game of this scale and Pathfinder's power scaling does not help. At this point it's almost a surefire that the party will be going god killing at some point.

So my GM allow any Paizo race of 15RP or lower for the new campaign (usually our table strictly only play with core race).

Are there any outstanding or fun race out there? I'm tempt to play Astomoi Oracle just for the hell of it.

I recall someone posting a Zelda homebrew for PF. Anyone got a link?

Ascended/Purified Succubus

I have more

Generally I keep the gods vague at best, never actually confirming or denying their existence... so I can't say Celestials have ever played an important role in my games.

>How has angels and good outsiders affected your game, /pfg/?
Our Bardadin is conflicted between worshiping one or bedding one.

>Half Aasimar / Half Tiefling
Name a bigger Mary Sue race

How are those mutually exclusive?

defiling god's pure servant is most probably frowned upon.

if she has regeneration, she's pure every time!

>Name a bigger Mary Sue race
Human

A Stupendous Aura envelops this angel, which imposes a 2 Cha drain on a creature every time it interacts with said creature
This ability drain stacks

Half-Aasimar, Half-Tiefling, favored spawn of a Drakaina.

>How has angels and good outsiders affected your game, /pfg/?
Smug bastards with their own agenda.
They give 0 shits about humanity or the world for that matter. They just use anything and anyone they see fit to get an advantage over 'Evil'

>tfw your GM has a "favored spawn of drakaina kill/corrupt Golarion" as a backup game

>elf/orc is N
Bullshit.

Never stop trying, though.

Green orcs, not pig orcs.

Never Ever

>no new updates
>no shota hero /ss/ cake wizard spinoff

Yes it does. Check Pinnacle and Pit.

A bunch of hyper powerful (CR 20 or so) good outsiders fell last session in the game im playing in. Two more fell this session. We have no idea what their motivation is for being evil.

T H I C C
H
I
C
C

where's my domain of thick lewd clerics and paladins?

mittens

apparently I'm into mittens now

Worshiping the drakaina.

What is a good 20PB stat array for Caster Cleric/Oracle, who isn't totally helpless in melee?

14 14 14 10 8 15(+2)?

no fuck you

get a nat 18 in there

Well... one of them did all of the following:
1. Ended a war, by creating and using the first Dirty Bomb
2. Waged a solo war against one of the Horsemen of the Apocalypse, and won.
3. Resurrected an evil god
4. Conducted a raid on the god's private plane, freeing all the souls he was going to feed on.
5. Stole said god's divine power.
6. Used said power as a clean, eternal, energy source.
7. Outsmarted a cabal of Ancient Dragons.
8. Was responsible for the death/eternal imprisonment of the entire party.

It was me. I was the angel.

Optimize build > Min-maxing build

Choose cleric or oracle. Not both.

Angle kin Aasimat Oracle. Lunar oracle with prophetic armor and noble scion of war at level 1 so you use dex for nothing.

Str: 16
Dex: 7
Con: 14
Int: 12
Wis: 12
Cha: 18

Get broken promise for claws, get hunger curse for bite. Dual cursed for branded and gave hunger not improve because it doesn't matter. Use nat attacks. At level 3 get another nat attack with revelation and power attack.

You at level 5 use Cha for fort because curse, reflex, armor and initiative. Then with another feat you can use it for mind effecting too.

Finally finished with my college paper. Submitted this.

I'm on my phone while driving in the dark so this isn't as detailed as it could be. Did I miss anything? Also lore oracle could work, drop the nat attack and get wizard spells once a day. Cast divine favor with fate's favored for better damage and use a two handed weapon.

Actually lore would just be straight better.

So Angle-Kin Dual Cursed Branded/Hunger Lore Oracle.

Uses Cha to basically everything but damage.

Min-maxing is optimizing

Stregone Psi-Archetype guy here...
I'm considering an attempt at an "active terrain type" similar to what the 'subtypes' in the Cypher Dragon give it.

The bolts are becoming d4 based Disruptor bolts, affected only by DR/- and Hardness, but with acess to a few tricks like bypassing one pattern on the way (such as turning a hard wall into mere 'concealment' of the same grade).

I'm thinking 'active terrain' should have small bonuses but *WHAT*? Need all the standards (water/plains/swamps/mountains/forests) as well as underwater, sky and void.

Or should it just be a switchable 'favored terrain'?

Other idea to try and make it unique or interesting is that active terrain would expand at level 10 (it now becomes a bubble around you), making the terrain allow you to melee or fire your disruptor bolts without provoking, and actually detonating new terrain types around a target on hit as the 20th level capstone by which point it's probably grown enough to be "fuck you you're in lava".

Could use some criticism or help waiting on me when I wake up and hit F5.

No I thought again Lumar is better. I'll build it for you. What level do you want?

I'm going to get the chance to play a Jel! A good friend of mine is running a rise of the runelords game.

We have a beastmorph alchemist... some type of rogue, a person who *wants* to play an antipaladin (but is getting veto'd) and I've got the okay to play my homebrew race as a wilder (student surge).

The guy DMing wanted to push me towards a caster to round out the party (there will be some dmpc healer) and was entirely okay with a 'blast the fuck out of them' wilder.

Did- did no one vet these conversions?! Who in their right fucking mind did all this? Some of these are absolutely garbage and the others are fucking outrageous. Most of them get no armor proficiency, yet get simple and martial- and for some unknown reason the person who made these conversions apparently though handing out "Utility spells" like BEAST SHAPE II and TONGUES quantified class abilities.

Dafuq, man.

And YES, the idea that passed through my head for better or worse was "pattern-thingy geomancer"; a bigger/better distort pattern than "just this one guy" and "that trap". Much less defensive/self-buff ones than actual cryptics so better disruptors.

Had this conversation two threads ago, my friend. I'd stay to have it again but I need some sleep.

>DR/-
But why?
If it's d4, it should damn well ignore that.

Someone care to paraphrase, then?

What's the fucking point of publishing a class if it won't ever be played at any table?

No. Actual optimize build doesn't have glaring weakness. Stat array like is optimize. Natural 18 CHA before racial adjuatment is just stupid min-maxing that will create trouble when you can't be at your "max".

with INT, damage feats, growing numbers of said dice for base damage; I wrote that part just in case it needs something to hold it back a bit.

Technically, but min-maxing is a more extreme form of optimization, that tends to sacrifice overall functionality for excellence in a particular area.

one certainly should learn to soften their touch, that their character gain much more in numerous situations and statuses than if he expended great effort for a small extra gain in their most powerful ability.

Eventually one can even learn to take advantage of such 'spreads', and may in fact overtake that one overspecialization at its own game, sometimes.

Are there any good and obscure builds involving a tower shield or at least making it less bad?

I'm actually more interest in Shadow mystery, mainly for Shadow Enchantment,Conjuration,Evocation,Transmutation line of spell. Those flexible spells fix a lot of problem for spontaneous caster.

We're starting at level 7.

If you want to be bad, sure.

But where is the ogre thing

>another game with a bard-a-din

nice.

d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/mobile-stronghold-combat

Ogre race?

So someone at my table just rolled a bushi brutal slayer with daisho expertise.

Jesus christ that 4d6 weapon die damage.

AC is the last line of defense according to /pfg/ anyway. He could just use Shadowform spell and take 1/5 damage on every hit instead. Or use Shadow Projection and laugh since he still get Incorporeal quality and Str damage touch attack for 7 hour.

It's disgusting but I love this idea all the more.

Half Orc dual cursed war sighted lunar oracle 5, paladin 2.
>cha to fort twice & con
>cha to will and again against mind effecting
>cha to reflex twice
>cha to initiative
>cha to AC
>sacred tatto with fate's favored for +2 luck to saves
>easily +20 to saves at level 7.
If you ignore the silly can't apply the same ability score twice thing.

Is for reflex saves and an animal companion, not AC.

>If you ignore the silly can't apply the same ability score twice thing.
that shit ain't silly.

BRRRROTHER

Of course it is silly. It was made to keep monks down. Shh.

Reflex save is neglectable, the worst is you take damage.

Animal Companion is nice but it's not comparable to being able to have 200+ more spell known from Shadow X

Eh, there are some reflex saves which take you out of the fight. Like pits, walls that block you off or similar. Rare, though.

Why is DSP allowed to sell forum homebrew-tier monster classes for real money?

Because people pay for them. Why are any TTRPG producers able to do that?

Or being stuck in a pit, or falling on your ass (grease), or other detrimental conditions such as dazed forever. (You think dazing fireball is a PC only ability? You break the game, a good DM follows YOUR lead.) Or you end up in the rushing river, over a cliff, or otherwise location-inconvenienced.

Reflex can matter more than just damage.

Because market demand is the only thing that stops people selling anything, outside of legalities. I can sell good wishes and farts if there was people willing to pay for it.

Daily reminder that DSP monster classes A SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

The only one I've heard complaints about is the succubutt.

>Intrigue Campaign Incoming
>Spellcaster slot available
>What do

Their Succubutt doesn't even get Cute Succubus Wings.

If Homebrew is available then go beguiler, if not mesmerist or bard?

Be the worst wizard you can be. Play a spellslinger. Be sub-par. Have fun

Guess which mystery also has the 3 way to get fly speed?

If your GM use Dazing fireball on player, then you have a bigger problem on hand, since that GM will probably abuse Simulacrum free Wish too.

Wait, what? Alight, this is a source for genuine concern. You can't have succubutt without wings.

Wings (Ex): At 2nd level, a set of batlike wings sprouts from a succubus’ back. She can use these wings to glide, negating damage from any fall and allowing 20 feet of forward movement for every 5 feet of descent. She glides at a speed of 30 feet with average maneuverability. She cannot use her wings to actually gain altitude; she merely coasts in other directions as she falls. At 6th level, her wings grow stronger, and she gains the ability to fly at a speed of 50 feet with average maneuverability. While a succubus is encumbered or wearing medium or heavy armor, her fly speed is reduced by 10 feet.

>missing the joke about Cute Succubus Wings
I am disappoint, user.

Man, this is great art. Who did it?

t.Pedo

observerz.deviantart.com/art/--346214882

Oh christ my boner.

>What's the fucking point of publishing a class if it won't ever be played at any table?
Judging by minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=270.0 , monster classes are quite popular.

UNF

What is it with hips? Can't get enough.

DAT epic level armor.

The ol' brainstem knows what's good for making more of yourself m8.

The concept itself is cool.
What I'm saying is that the DSP succubutt is way too ridiculously overpowered and unplayable because of that.

Can a Tower Shield Warder work?

I'm a bit hesitant based on the fact that you can't Shield Bash with it and Iron Tortoise likes it's bashing.

On the other hand: d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/mobile-stronghold-combat looks like fun to combo with it. Let's you skimp a bit on the vs attack Counters.

STUPENDOUS STRENGTH (COMBAT)
Your massive strength allows you to wield equally
massive weapons.
Prerequisites: Str 17, base attack bonus +1.
Benefit: You can wield normally two-handed weapons
as one-handed weapons, and normally one-handed
weapons as light weapons. When wielding a weapon in
this manner, you treat it in all ways as being that type of
weapon, rather than a weapon of its normal handedness.
In addition, you do not take the normal –2 penalty on
attack rolls while employing a tower shield, and can
make shield bash attacks with tower shields as if they
were heavy shields.
For example, if you wield a greatclub as a one-handed
weapon, you would only add your Strength modifier to
damage rolls, rather than 1-1/2 your Strength modifier,
and you would not gain additional damage from using
a two-handed weapon if you used the Power Attack feat.
Special: If you possess the Prodigious Two-Weapon
Fighting feat from Path of War: Expanded, its effect
stacks with this feat, allowing you to wield a normally
two-handed weapon in your off hand as a light weapon.

Obviously, just get the DM to allow a shenanigan to let shield bonuses stack, then use a tower shield AND a large steel shield with spikes on.