What happened the last time your party slew a dragon and found a bunch of eggs in the hoard...

What happened the last time your party slew a dragon and found a bunch of eggs in the hoard? Did they ever raise the dragon themselves?

Other urls found in this thread:

pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Cloud_dragon
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Omelette

The one time they found a nest of eggs, they kept one and sold the rest. Didn't slay the dragon though - they befriended it on a basis of lies and greed, as adventurers are wont to do.

Technically hasn't happened, though we did fight against the Cult of the Dragon in Horde of the Dragon Queen and came across a batch of black dragon eggs that said Cult was holding on to for one reason or another. This is not long after the first adventure, in the village of Greenest followed by the mercenary camp.

We gave the dragon eggs to Greenest. Most of my party wanted to destroy them, but my character wasn't having that. She's a drow, you see, but was born on the surface and raised by humans. She wasn't going to kill babies that hadn't even been born yet, and she DEFINITELY wasn't going to do so on the grounds of "they'll just grow up evil no matter what", since she could point to herself as a prime example of that not being the case.

Many months later, both in- and out-of-game, the subject of the black dragon eggs came up again during a big ol' Council Meeting of various powers in the Sword Coast. The various folk there were talking about destroying them, or selling them, or experimenting on them, or various other things. My character once again stepped up to bat and drove it down the Council's throat - diplomacy be damned - that these were *babies* they were considering dicing up or selling or whatnot, and she made it clear that she wouldn't stand for them being treated as anything other than the innocent not-even-hatchlings that they were.

It's very strange that I'm my group's moral center.

Nope. Smashy smashy.

What is it with you assholes always wanting to break dragon eggs? Murderhobo-ing up isn't enough? Have to keep your LULCHAOTIC alignment by destroying eggs?

I pooped on the last dragon eggs my group found

Sell 'em man, those little shits are expensive. Some merchant will pay top dollar for just one of those, let alone a clutch of eggs. Who knows when some crazy nobleman will want to keep a dragon around to protect his wealth, or want to show the king how powerful he is by serving a dragon egg breakfast in his name.

Dragon's are wholly evil creatures user, you can't just let them perpetuate themselves with no consequence.

>le edgy smite all da evil babies XD

I don't know about you, but I'd rather not go through the entire ordeal of slaying a full grown dragon when I have the opportunity to nip this thing in the bud.

Also, consider for a moment that the dragon has absolutely zero problem with murdering human children. It will raze the countryside, annihilate villages, and devour peasants by the hundreds with no qualms whatsoever. It will not show you mercy for the simple fact that you are beneath it. Why would you ever spare one of these things?

Depends on how much I'm getting paid. Village can't cough up the coin, that's their bad luck.

You could have just typed EDGE EDGE EDGE EDGE and got the same point across, user

Also, I'd spare them because it keeps me in business. Why would I cut off my own source of income?

That's a drake, OP. Not a dragon.

>no argument, uses memes instead

Ladies and gentlemen, it is now edgy to not want your friends and family to be hyper-murdered by a dragon! Attempting to prevent such an outcome will be met with shitflinging and desperate screeching.

It's one thing to apply human morals to an orc or whatever, but for a dragon it seems naive to assume you can control them. You're talking about a giant acid breathing monster that will have no peers in your community, of which all evidence points to an evil nature. The ecological ramifications alone would probably be pretty devastating as they grow since a lot less of them would probably make it as far in the wild
If you're just in it for the money you could probably retire pretty quickly given how much money adventurer's go through. A good magic sword might pay for a mansion

>needing a noble cause

I bet your character's name is Tipsfedora.

Yes.

TPK.

Stupid villagers stole eggs.

Dragon keeps attacking village.

We retrive stolen eggs and try to return them.

Angry mob in way and shitty catapult is near by.

Brilliant idea. Shoot eggs at dragon mom and she will catch them.

Dragon mom is splattered with eggs.

Everything burns.

Well that's just a suicide pact

>Did they ever raise the dragon themselves?
Happened once. A player picked up leadership leveling up after the dragon fight, and asked to have a cloud dragon egg hatch. Fun roleplaying wise, but it was basically just equivalent to a druid's animal companion.

What the hell is a cloud dragon?

This: pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Cloud_dragon

The rest of the campaign basically became us making a dungeon and a sizable hoard for the babies. We spoiled the little bastards and it was adorable.

Not a dragon, but after about 45 minutes of debate the paladin convinced the party to turn over the eggs of a gryphon they'd slain to the local circle of druids.

Paid off later (a LOT later) when I had them saved from a TPK by a druid and his host of young but very-much-deadly gryphons.

Had a big black market plot around them being targeted for them whilr symultaneously trying to safely sell the things to someone who wouldn't abuse them. In the end they fucked up anyhow and had to trade them for their freedom. Now the eggs are out of the picture but I intend to bring them back when a mad sorceror lets loose failed experiments in dragonic animals, monsters, and eventually Iintelligent races. Ultimately the wizard will turn himself into a dragon. Not 100% sure where ill take it from there

>I murder unborn animals because sometimes adults of this animal attack humans
Dragons are nature's way of culling the herd, you're being edgy and retarded.