Why would anyone want to be alive is beyond me

Why would anyone want to be alive is beyond me
>need to eat food
>need to breathe
>need to drink water
>die from disease
>unironically dying after being stabbed in the heart

living people are fucking trash with no redeeming qualities if most settings didn't have ugly undead picking them would be a no brainer

Why be an undead when you can be a special snowflake angel-sue goddess with powers over space and time?

Why would anyone want to be undead is beyond me
>smell bad
>be ugly
>dulled senses
>all the joy of life is gone
>have to worry about bugs crawling in your remaining flesh
>leave a trail of rotting dumpster juice wherever you go

Demons are where it's at.

>Why would anyone want to be alive is beyond me
That's because autistic NEETs don't experience any of the benefits of being alive.

Why would anyone want to be a demon is beyond me
>Forcefully evil
>lives in order to achieve their pleasures without any progress or inventions maded
>Always being tormented by their superiors
>weak to anything holy
>always wanting war

Elementals are the way to go.

And you do that's why you paint plastic soldiers and role the dice after proclaiming your made up character will slash an orc right? lmao

Listen here you pitiful scum. By being alive, I defy the universe. For a blink of cosmological time span, I, a living being, exist as a node fighting against entropy. My cells build complex molecules that by thermodynamic rights, should not exist. I create while the universe decays. I will one day die and entropy will exert its revenge. But I live on in my children. And my children's children. My molecules serve as template for generations to come. YOU. You have lost.

Why wouldn't anyone want to be an elan is beyond me
>can eat food or not
>can enjoy scents by breathing
>can drink or not
>resistant to disease, poisons, and being injuried physically
>ageless
>still has skin and can feel things
>still has emotions and can feel more things

undead anything are fucking hollow shells with no grasp of the real world or its pleasures and pains and choosing undeath is just asking to go mad or get smote

When I'm alive my heart beats some sick rythm.

You're a faggot and will die alone.

>My cells build complex molecules that by thermodynamic rights, should not exist.

Edgy, bet all your characters wield katanas.

Why would anyone want to be an Elemental is beyond me
>Trashborn Clanner Scum
>Fights in a tiny powersuit instead of a badass giant 'Mech
>Only somewhat tougher than regular poor bloody infantry, but still dies like a bitch to big guns
>Sucks at fighting 'Mechs outside of city/forest environments unless properly supported by other 'Mechs
>Therefore, they are often reliant on 'Mechs and are a 'Mech's bitch

Freeborn MechWarriors are the way to go. Remove Clan.

Wrong elemental, silly!

>Why would anyone want to be alive
To appreciate undeath when it arrives.

Btfo

A living population is required to breed the next generation so that the greatest among them can be granted undeath. If we wiped out all our living then eventually decay, conflict and misfortune will destroy the stagnant population.

See this is why you're on the battlefield, not in the halls of governance.

> fleshbags unironically defend their weak fleshy bodies

>bad roleplaying on an image board

I bet you're one of those douchebags who pretend that elves post here just so they have an imaginary "enemy" to shitpost about.

Well, I fucked your barely-legal great-granddaughter.

Aww shit. Shots fired, son.

Why would anyone want to be a little girl is beyond me
>small and weak
>wear cute clothes.
>bullied in school
>molested by oni-san

Strong tomboy practicing martial art is the way to go.

Come on friend, my dick rotted off centuries ago and I can still tell I've got more interest in women than you do.

>For a blink of cosmological time span, I, a living being, exist as a node fighting against entropy

So does every single other living being on the face of the planet.

You're normal, natural and not special.

You keep telling yourself that, you old fool

well because you get to feel pleasure and enjoyment.

I mean if you're a walking skeleton, what the fuck are you gonna do with your unlife? You don't even have the biological compulsions and reward systems, to allow you to feel enjoyment from learning a new skill or exploring a new area. Hell social interactions would become incredibly boring to you after a while.

Even if you start out nice enough, you will eventually end up becoming a monster, because lets face it, you have no reason to really be in society.

maybe it'll be a couple of days, maybe it'll be a hundred years, maybe a thousand. But at some point you'll stop giving a shit about just about anything other than making sure that you continue to exist.

This tbqh fampai. I'm trading in my meat sack for a nice plastic and metal body as soon as inhumanly possible.

>being a robot

enjoy your malware popup adds and getting hacked by 4channers and made to do leekspin for all eternity.

Hey at least i won't stink and leave filth wherever i go. Get with the times grandpa, flesh is obsolete, whether it's dead or alive.

Seriously though, I'm not sure you could even hack an artificial mind that easily. The vessel would have to be incredibly complex to replicate or improve on the human brain. It would probably need to mimic the structure of the brain, but possibly condense it into a smaller space, or change the density so that the artificial brain can fit much, much more into the same space.

If we can improve the speed of connections between neurons we could think, react, and process information faster.

The artificial brain would also require the ability to modify itself constantly, which is what our brains already do. iirc the more a certain part of your brain, that is a specific group/path of neurons communicate with each other, the stronger the bridges between neurons in that path get. Which means that a particular thought or action gets easier the more you do it, aka practice.

It's hard to be sure, if we could create artificial brains surely we could manipulate them, but I'd think there would be an enormous amount of very serious safeguards in place to prevent hacking into a person. But if there's one thing that you can consistently say about humans it's that we know how to get what we want. Our biological claim to fame is problem solving among other things, someone could probably hack another person.

Robutts rule Zambamboes drool.

> but I'd think there would be an enormous amount of very serious safeguards in place to prevent hacking into a person.

which is why every single hacker would rush to be the first to do it, no doubt while being funded by the government for literal mind control.

And let's not forget your corporate directives so you'll only buy approved brands.

Where do pleasure and enjoyment get you? You make yourself miserable seeking out these biological compulsions and then try to convince yourself it was worth it after the act. Why not end the cycle of suffering for fun and embrace death? You claim that novelty and progress are worthwhile endeavors when they will not bring you peace. Progress is nothing more than a fragile illusion waiting to be torn down by a cosmic gust and novelty is not an end in itself. Your life is no more significant than nonexistence, nothing you do will ever have any noticeable impact on the entirety of existence.

Blowjobs.

But seriously, what do you do with your bony-ass self then? Might as well just be regular dead.

As a part of the undead collective one can hope to abolish all life from the universe and ultimately reshape it into a perfect form wherein life will never spontaneously arise. True perfection cannot coexist with dissent.

wew lad careful with that edge

Dragging your festering meat sack around is a shit idea, sure, but that's why what you actually do is aim to be a ghost of some kind. Then once you figure out interacting with physical entities again you'll be doing great.

ITT

>Why would anyone want to be alive is beyond me
There are LITERALLY only two correct answers:
1. God wills it
2. We must imagine Sisyphus happy

Which setting? Because now I can't answer.

Undead are most of the time evil and/or mindless. They decay, they are weak, not many undeads are some super versions like death knights, revenants or liches (which are still evil and/or mindless).

Undead are emotionless on top of that, most human beings like to have emotions.

This guy

Eloquently said. *lights cigarette* We're just humans fighting to deny the universe its tithe. But we always lose the fight in the end. *chuckles and grins slightly* guess that's why we invent gods. To give all this some greater purpose. Anyway... Time to move on...
*puts headphones back on**walks away softly whistling Lincoln park*