EDH/Commander general

UR artificer edition

Previous
RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface
magiccards.info

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/oprah-cracked-out/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mine-to-sac-edh-1/
mtggoldfish.com/articles/budget-commander-reaper-king
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mine-to-sac-edh-copy/
youtu.be/RF7ONGguSeg
m.youtube.com/watch?v=WLaokaXmXkU
m.youtube.com/watch?v=xat1GVnl8-k
youtube.com/watch?v=3cWbLagjxbA
youtu.be/3ahoqR6OGdM?t=31s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for spending hours building a deck, playing it once then building a new one

Worst is when you think it'll be good and it ends up sucking balls

Been thinking of getting Freyalise, she looks like a lot of fun. Is the package good on it's own or should I buy all the cards separate. I also have Daretti Never Forgetti and his pre-construction was good enough.

that's me, all the time

I include Void Attendant in my Meren deck just to fuck with people who use/abuse Suspend.
Infuriates my friend who plays Jhoira to no end.

>Playing decks

>paying $50 for cards that come prepackaged for $35

Why?

First for refining a deck and picking up cards for it until it becomes a brick shithouse.

Based Orzhov Control Ayli.

The deck is good but brings up a valid point unless you can find it for MSRP in a store you would be better off just buying singles from it that you want

More like Wishful Thinking Edition, amirite

All my decks, all the time. I build thinking on a more friendly meta, why do I always do that...

I thought he was saying he was going to buy all the cards from the Green deck individually. That's like $65.

You can still get the precon on TCGplayer for $35.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/oprah-cracked-out/

thats what i brewed a few days ago, if you are interested

>All of Jhoira's story and flavor show her as an artificer
>Most cards referencing her are artifacts
>HURR DURR LET'S MAKE HER A SUSPEND ENGINE

Fuck Wizards

Time Spiral block, man.

I'm more pissed about Noyan Darr being a land wizard rather than a counterspell guy.

What's some of the best big fat creature commanders, besides Johira, Kaalia, and animar?

Mayael and Karador are good

Could also do Sidisi/Gitrog for reanimator shenanegans

Damn, I guess that infinite mana combos are the only way to go with UB and UBx commanders?

Thats lame as fuck.

Jalira, Braids, Mayael, Rakdos, Xenagos, Azusa

You can go infinite mana and infinite combos with just artifacts man. Unwinding Clock + Myr Turbine + Time Seive with enough myrs to just infinite turns. Infinite mana requires almost the same thing but with unwinding clock + myr turbine and some mana rock.

Experiment Kraj for me.

Packing enough card draw and still coming up short.

>Braids

I am actually curious as to why cabal minion is banned, I know regular isn't banned but what is so special about black braids?

I was more pissed about him being UW than UG.

>regular
no, the Cabal Braids is the original. She's banned because nofun removal engine

Man I don't pay attention to this game's storyline although maybe I should, did it really matter either way?

Anyone got suggestions for token creature generators for Prossh?
I picked up Orochi Hatchery recently, have Mycoloth, Avenger of Zendikar, Dragon Broodmother, the red 1/1 elemental tempting card, doubling season and primal vigor.

Thanks!

Yeah. Colorshifted Braids (the blue one) only exists in an alternate universe version of Dominaria where she never became part of the Cabal. A lot of legendaries in the Time Spiral block are from alternate universes.
Planar Chaos-esque block with colorshifted planes and legendaries never ever

Drop Braids turn 2 on the play with Dark Rit or Sol Ring, watch everyone sac their only land.

There is nothing wrong with that, especially with my group.

Guess I'll read up on the story until it bores me

The Weatherlight and Dominaria lore stuff can be a clusterfuck, with all the novels and shit. Things get more streamlined once you hit post-mending, which is after Future Sight. The lore nowadays is ehh tier, but it's gotten us some good stuff.

You got Fresh Meat, parallel lives, sprout swarm?

Also worm harvest is good, depending on whether you run life from the loam effects etc.

The point is that I don't want to do infinite combos, period.

Oh, because he animates lands? Because as a former lullmage, he does feel UW.

But yeah, shit is a GU mechanic.

>Point is you don't want to do infinite combos, period.

I play with tryhards, I will take any infinite combo I can get

I don't necessarily agree with the Braids ban, but that is the reason. Personally I think she's a great example of a card that is only broken because of the RC's refusal to ban Sol Ring/Mana Crypt.

TSP was solid overall though

Except for Grandeur being almost useless in EDH and underwhelming otherwise

I love Granduer. Excellent design. Not everything can be for EDH. Doubling Chant is an amazingly cool card, even if it sucks in EDH.

Sup lads, I just joined the navy not too long ago, so I was thinking that it would be fun to build a deck with a nautical theme. Stuff like Hannah ship's navigator, lighthouse chronologist, star compass, that kind of stuff. But I have no idea where to start or even what would make a good commander. Any ideas?

That's a fair point

Working on getting parallel lives, thinking about sprout swarm (thanks for the idea!) and fresh meat now.

Fast mana her on turn 1 and watch everyone who didn't start with a Sol Ring/Mana Crypt weep as they can't play shit. I would happily accept her unban if Ring took her place or some shit.

>Planar chaos-esque block with colorshifted planes
Holy shit why has Wizards not done this? Did the Time Spiral block not do well or are they just being cucks and not doing something like it again?

There is an infinite combo involving Baru, where you create a copy of him and then bounce and you can discard him to the copy. I don't remember the names of the cards that do it, but google has the forum threads. Just interesting that the least commander useful mechanic has an infinite combo.

Hear me out: Hanna Battleships, Hanna at the helm and big artifacts/enchantments and the Skyships.

Which legendary from Dragon's Maze makes for a good commander?

Melek

Varolz for Voltron.

>voice of resurgance

Varolz is shit

It could be really fun to do an alt-history Ravnica with versions of various characters who joined different guilds than their canon counterparts. Maybe keep one of the colors, like a Rakdos Tbor and Lumia or a Selesnya Jarad.

Good thinking

Or an Innistrad with enemy color pair tribals
>WB zombies (a la thrulls)
>UR spirits (more violent, almost elemental spooks)
>BG vampires (instead of vampire houses, they're vampire tribes)
>RW humans (Inquisitions up the ass)
>GU werewolves (artificially created mutation instead of naturally ocurring curse)
And maybe some other planes with alternate continuities.

Time Spiral had a lot of references to past stuff that the new players (at the time) wouldn't have gotten. The block was a love letter to the early years of Magic, especially the first set, and it didn't rake in new players

>what are good commanders from a set with only 10 viable cards
>no he's shit!

Don't bother asking then, faggot.

Oh man

>Eldritch Moon doesn't have a RG werewolf legend
>People get pissed
>Some time down the line, Wizards announces a 3rd Innistrad block
>Absolutely 100% confirms a werewolf legend but doesn't spoil it until full spoilers come out at end of spoiler season
>It's fucking Simic colors

The asshurt would be fucking Biblical

Rosewater has said several times that WotC considers Planar Chaos a huge mistake because "muh color pie"

Everyone except Emmara Tandris, really

my only good deck for edh
i only won 2 games with this deck out of 6 casual games
my friends have
karn and vela
nekusar
marath, will of the world and daxon precon
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mine-to-sac-edh-1/

anything should be added or removed?

Thanks. I was thinking of buying a Dragon's Maze booster box because my LGS is selling it for 75. Any other good cards for edh in there other than painlands?

Painlands aren't in dragon's maze, i think you mean the shock lands but those are in rtr and gatecrash as well as the og ravnica sets. Only special lands in maze are maze's end and the 10 guildgates.

In my experience the tokens prossh makes are usually enough to get there. 6 is a lot, especially when you can sacrifice prossh to some dank sac outlet and replay him for 8 then 10 ect ect. That being said, Xenagos the Reveler and Chancellor of the Forge are both great for tokens.
(Pic related are what I use for kobolds since wizards never made any official ones, generates maximum butthurt in the correct circumstances)

insurrection, viscera seer, smothering abomination, act of agression, sadistic hypnotist, mulldrifter, deadeye navigator, both the red and blue primodials, both charms (grixis and crosis), dread bore, hero's downfall and cruel ultimatum, for starters. gimmie a sec to copy and post what i'd do with the deck, because you are all over the place. just a suggestion, but let me show you

The guildgates are also in the other two RTR expansios, he's probably better off choosing a legend and buying singles. Unless he's aiming to maybe pull a Ral Zarek or Voice.

>wizards never made any official ones
What about pic related?

Neat, never seen those before. Are you sure it's real?
One more dank token generator if you're in the right meta.

So when I found out that Scarecrow was a creature type I'd always wanted to build a deck with them. So I'm looking to build a Reaper Kong deck, and since I'm super cheap and not in a position to blow gobs of shekels, I wanted to go budget.

I found what appears to be a nice budget list on mtggoldfish,

mtggoldfish.com/articles/budget-commander-reaper-king

And was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on upgrades. Looks like there's not too many stellar scarecrows, so the deck tries to fake it a bit with changelings and the like.

All of those cards are real

Meant it as a response to

Most of the scarecrows are shit creatures so changelings are a good addition to them to make the tribal. You might want to add in some spot removal

You're on U and B, stick Conspiracy and Xenograft in the deck and you're dandy

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mine-to-sac-edh-copy/

here. if i had your cards, thats how i would set that deck up. anyone want to chime in, go for it

I've been thinking about throwing together a Niv-mizzet deck. Is there any fun stuff to run with him or does he get auto hated for the curiosity combo? Pic unrelated.

Back in my day it was ophidian eye, but generally I've had no problem with him the times I've faced him.

Yeah, deck looked light on that. I'll throw a Path and StP into it.

How much spot removal is necessary for an EDH deck on average? Could always throw in Tragic Slip and the like, too.

Niv was the first EDH deck I ever built. After the first time I combo'd off, anyone I played with who knew him focused me first. Unless there was a Narset or a Nekusar at the table.

Puzzlebox, Arjun, and Mind Moil are all fun cards with him.

That deck is adorable.

Depends on meta, I think. I'd go fit the readily available, mortify, putrefy, tragic slip, anguished unmaking, vandalblast, swords to p, return to dust, krosan grip, at least

One more card for the list. Thanks!

That is a is a good idea, but it doesn't really have the nautical theme I want. I just don't think there's enough white stuff that goes with the theme. I don't think I'll use Hanna for this afterall

Kek, this looks like fun. Thanks for sharing

If your commander had a theme song, what would it be and why?

this is where this deck is at its best, as a list for you to look over

actually playing this garbage would be so boring

Biomancer has to be one of my favorites in Experiment Kraj

>pic
Clever
youtu.be/RF7ONGguSeg for my Nekusar deck because I have to get lucky and get a mass bounce/wheel/burn combo before I get punched in the face.
That and skeletons I guess.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=WLaokaXmXkU

Take a random guess as to whom it is

m.youtube.com/watch?v=xat1GVnl8-k
Ezuri, Claw of Progress
>Why?
Because ezuri's touch is what gives the creatures them +1/+1 counters plus it has infect

youtube.com/watch?v=3cWbLagjxbA

If I alreaedy have a precon, is it worth it to buy another (thinking of getting Ezuri)?

youtu.be/3ahoqR6OGdM?t=31s

Please explain
The precons work well enough on their own, so go ahead. Besides, it's probably cheaper than netdecking if you don't already have some cards.

Speaking of netdecking, I have a couple commander decks I wanna run so I was thinking of netdecking some cheaper ones and then upgrading them over time. Or should I just save up and buy a more expensive deck?

The ezuri precon? Its playable out of box but requires alot of work to tune into a well oiled deck. Meren is the most viable straight out of box, honestly just needs dictate of erebos and grave pact.

Thank you
I have some the cards
I will have to get the other ones
Thank you

>T2 Hokori
>T3 Eon Hub
>T4 Sword of Feast and Famine

Oh I'm a naughty boy

Valroz infect.

>implying jhoira's story isn't 100% about time manipulation

If you're gonna be a fag about card flavor at least be right

I'd probably switch the vampire amd zombie colors, but that does sound fun.

>guy in our group has a deck completely proxied
>not even good fakes literally just printed put of a printer and put in sleeves
>seeing as this is ok I print out a rishadan port to use in a deck
>proxy guy points out this isn't fair for me to proxy cause of how expensive it is
>he has a proxy of bayou

Why are some proxyfags upset when you use their own game against them?

Looking at it again, I suppose I should've switched it, yeah
Damn, now I want to make up a what-if set based around this

Why is every single green text story in these threads a transparent lie?