Warhammer 40k General

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

No edition

FORTIFIED!

>Imperials stealing black legion colors
Worse than the fucking blood ravens

They're even the most trolltastic chapter too! They absolutely hate the Ultramarines, and point out every time they deviate from the Codex!

'kay, humies, how do I loot Trazyn's moo-zee-yum?

Step 1: Turn of the stasis field
I'll tell you step 2... after...

Hey, it'z burna-boss of humies! Dat'z good, I haz i thing to brag 'bout nao.
But I finks there iz step 0: I need to get to da button that offs stazees fieldz

Had a realization today: the WD codex for Sisters of Battle was where they tested the current psychic system.

>Pool of dice generated each turn
>5+ to use rule, could use multiple dice
>built in modifiers to certain characters increased odds of success

>no edition general thread

at least make an effort

How would you homebrew an Ork sniper HQ?

A warboss with special rules and a long range gun, or a big mek with force multiplier sniper abilities?

Something like a kommando nob who replaces his power klaw with a rule that makes shootas 48" Sniper might be fun, but I also kinda want pic related.

That's why it looks like it hasn't been playtested at all then

I'll make a new general pic next time, it'll be Looted edition

Can't complain when the general you made was complete shit.

>stealing Black Legion colors

Thats fine. Our slaves won't have to re-color the armor after we've cut it from the bodies of dead loyalists.

>the general you made

I didnt make one, what are you on about

I'm sure they played one, maybe two games with it before greenlighting it.

I guess he's about the foot-fetish general pic in previous one

>Can't format a general
>uses shitty tau thumbnail
>Uses name slot for the Subject field
>Gets mad when called out for not checking for other threads getting made
>comes to real thread to shitpost
>"At least try to make an effort!1!1!1"

Kill yourself.

Don't lie you fucking shitter.

>at least make an effort

>still has his own failure marking his namefield.

Whoa hey, when did they bring back the Broodlord model? This is way better than the old tin one.

I unironically think Ork snipers would be a great idea.
Rather than 1 point for a shoota pay 2 points for a snipa', for 100 points you could have 12 snipers getting an average of 2 precision shots a turn.

THEY ARE STEALING MY JOB

WEW LAD

The Shield of Ball box. I think it was called Deathstorm maybe?

Yeah that model is titties though.

Snipers aren't supposed to be HQ models. They're supposed to be support units, sitting off in a corner of the battlefield picking people off.

The Vindicare assassin has it right; he doesn't join units, he doesn't benefit from faction buffs, he just sits in his little hidey-hole and puts holes in heads.

>Warhammer 40k General in the name field

What a faggot

>hotpockets deleted the shit thread
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

40K GENERAL SENPAI
BLOWN
THE
FUCK
OUT

>I wanted to start the general with a trollesque OP image

Grow up user.

>sniper
>HQ

One of these things is not like the other,

Am I the only one who likes Tau Breachers?

How would you homebrew a DEldar sniper HQ?

An archon with special rules and a long range gun, or a succubus with force multiplier sniper abilities?

Something like a mandrake who replaces his ccw with a rule that makes splinter rifles 48" Sniper might be fun, but I also kinda want pic related.

>mfw people are getting mad at someone else for my thread fuckup

I dunno what's better, someone else being blamed or the fact he ALSO made the mistake i did at some point

Conceptually, they are fine. But they need more tabletop utility. 5" S6 AP3, is too close for an unit that it is not even decent ad close combat or tarpit.

i love them for outflanking with darkstrider but they just get fucked over half the time

He's an Edition: Rampant shitposting and forcing memes General.

How would you homebrew a Riptide HQ?

>Nightspear
>Darkstrider

by killing yourself for the greater good

Not with that attitude.
How about a loota warboss? Why should a deffskull lose his deffgun just because he gets promoted?

Like this
Boards;tg /sniper/i

You could start by killing yourself.

>TAU DERAILMENT MODE: ENGAGE

I just want to build a.koblie, short ranged Army out of them instead of Fire warrior gunlines.

Only Tau I've ever liked have been the idea of a mobile scoot and shoot force.

Who here is hype for the return of batreps in WD?

Vespid + breacher clear teams are surprisingly fun but a very large investment and absolutely useless if the enemy is eldar

an allied detachment of Eldar with Rangers and either an Autarch with the Uldanorethi Long Rifle or Illic Nightspear for an HQ.

>le eppik tau hate meme
Kid, I appreciate you're just trying to fit in but tau are not as bad as this board makes them out to be.

Fuck I can't spell this morning. A mobile Tau Army not whatever the fuck that was.

I just want conversion examples again.
RIP Dok Butcha.

How would you homebrew an Armoured Battlegroup Sniper HQ.

A Lemanruss Vanquisher with special rules and a long range gun, or a lemanruss punisher with force multiplier force abilities?

Something like a Vanquisher that replaces his co-axial gun with a targeter that makes the Vanquisher cannon 180" Sniper might be fun, but I also kinda want pic related.

Fair point. Sounds like a fun, albiet gimmicky list there.

But sometimes gimmick lists are the best lists.

How would you homebrew an Knight sniper HQ?

A Knight Paladin with special rules and a long range gun, or a Cerastus Knight with force multiplier sniper abilities?

Something like a Knight who replaces his Heavy Stubber with a rule that makes Rapid Fire Battle Cannons 240" Sniper might be fun

Um, what?

Kid, I appreciate you're just trying to make tau look better, but people like you who talk down on people and call people on a mongolion chinese basket frog opera board "kid" don't help your case at all.

As said:

Anyone else find the best part of the game in conversions and scratch builds?

New copypasta?

I want to run it with an XV9 close range rape squad and R'alai, but 2 full units of vespid is £125 (with 1 model spare) which is fucking insane for a gimmick

My friends said they would be cool with me running that one dude's ork fandex.

Anybody got a link to it?
Google searches are turning up unhelpful.

>Autarch with the Uldanorethi Long Rifle
Reaper launcher is vastly superior.

Tau already have snipers through drones and Pathfinders with Rail Rifles.

I don't know how you'd homebrew something that exists.

How would you homebrew an Imperial Guard sniper HQ?

An Ogryn with special rules and a long range gun, or a Hellhound with force multiplier sniper abilities?

Something like a Ministorum Priest who replaces his Eviscerator with a rule that makes Deathstrike Missiles 2x∞" Sniper might be fun

Sniper Tank.
Sniper Tank.
Does whatever a Sniper Tank does.

Can he infiltrate,
Enemy positions?
No he can't,
He's a fucking tank.

Look ouuut
It's the Sniper Tank.

Oof. Yeah, that's too rich for my blood and I own around 2.5k of Sisters.

I'd probably just kitbash Breachers with Space Marine jump packs or something and count them as Vespid instead.

Because muh special snowflake 360° noscope headshot warlord.

It's be a Rattling special character who can't be your Warlord and doesn't use up an HQ slot if you take a unit of Ratlings. Only let him join Command Squads or Darlings and you're basically done there.

I want a humanized tank girl to let me get in her exaust port as she gets long range kills of enemy armor.

All these new Flyer vs. Flyer boxes and the only one missing is a Valkyrie versus Tyranids box.

And if there's plans for one, that would give me a reason to start up a Tyranid army.

Eh, CoD can go suck a cock.

Seriously, I have no issue with JQ characters who are sneaky sniper types (plenty of room in the fluff for ambushing forces lead by such characters) but they don't need to be broken or retarded.

Huh. No Dreadnought.

holy fuck thats actually a brilliant idea, except im going to do that on kroot instead of vespids to make it cheaper and more ayylien looking

WHY HAS NOTHING NEW COME OUT FOR THE LAST HALF A YEAR???!?!?!

metal boxes came out

Because you touch yourself at night.

Because you still wet yourself.

8th edition soon.

But there's been a lot of new things, user?

Glad I could help. I tend to be full of crazy ideas like that and it's nice when they help someone else.

If Tau Cadres (about the size of a IG' Company) employ Combined Arms, (unlike IG Company/Regiments), and are the largest permanent fighting formation outside of campaigns, does it mean that they have permanently attached logistic tail made of engineer drones, medic, communications, food, ammunition, and Earth Caste personnel or is it something that only appears once they form full Hunting Contingents during campaigns?

If nothing has changed since 6th this is literally "who gets first turn wins"

Dakkajets fucking destroyed low AV flyers in 6th

Reminder that Heldrakes no longer have skyfire.

WHAT METAL BOXES?

1 NEW BOARDGAME WITH SHITTY HALF-BAKED GENESTEALER RULES

2 NEW PLANES

FUCKING NOTHING
U
C
K
I
N
G

N
O
T
H
I
N
G

DEATH FROM THE SKIES.

They can still Vector Strike though, right?

They lost double shots on Waugh, now it's just +1 per gun.

Who has Skyfire again? I think only Space Marines, Eldar, and Orks. Everyone else gets Attack Planes or Bombers (desperate of being buffed).

Cool.

No IG versus Tyranids box? What?

Wulfwn came out recently didn't they? And Thousand Sons are in route with PT 2 of the Fenris book (as is Magnus according to a couple of good rumor mongers). A proper, though not exceptionally huge, Deathwatch army is coming too.

>No IG versus Tyranids box? What?
Dogfight is only for Fliers, no rules for FMC.

Literally all the new Start Collecting boxes with amazing deals.

Execpt the SM box. That one's pretty bad.

There's no IG v Nids box because a Flyrant would desolate everything so hard they couldn't balance it.

You would need 60 multimeltas and infinity grots

Tyranids have like two other flyers, that aren't flyrants though.

Has there been any rumblings of plastic Sisters of Battle? Hell, maybe even a new codex?

I'd like to play them but fuck shelling out that much money for all pewter models.

Tau can get skyfire on any suit they want for 20 points