OOTS #1040: It Probably Would've Taken 30 Pages

Ye

Even though it was for comedic effect, what a lazy piece of shit.

lets be honest, did we really want 5 more pages of stick figures fighting in a dungeon for no reason?

The self-referential humor is going back to first hundred pages level.
Also, Xykon on the ball again.

I love Xykon.

>stick figures fighting in a dungeon

At least that might be exciting, trips-san.

Suck his dick, then.

>implying I don't want to get boned by best husbando

Do liches have genitalia?

the cure wounds tree deals damage to undead

probly would have fucked xykon up

course, burlew is illiterate, lazy, and doesn't respond well to criticism of any kind

the red energy from the spell is also clearly not going towards xykon

he's casting it on everybody EXCEPT xykon

Cure wounds spells are targetable, dumb lowercaseposter.

Xykon, proving once again that he's the best written character.

It's been too long since I've made a serious edit.

Needs less words.

Oh, fuck you Rich. You're not getting to make that joke after a billion pages of airship.

Oona and Greyview have been consistently great so far. I wonder how long they'll be around.

Greyview's last words are gonna be "told you so"

Why does Xykon have a fivehead now?

Xylon seems to have found a pair of boots in there?

>completely bald skeleton
>fivehead
he's got infinityhead, bruv

The green guy seems to be high level Cleric. Can't he just Regenerate the missing eye?

He can, yes, but the lich has made it very clear what will happen if he does.

for the referencings

>made it very clear what will happen if he does

He looks better with the eyepatch IMO

I liked this one but I really wish Rich would drop the dire cockroach running "gag".

Someone in one of these threads once mentioned they might as well just have [Something Funny] as all their dialogue.

Just glad Xykon is back in the spotlight.

Damn, xykon got a lot less serious between then and now.
>you sat on your ass instead of moving to the next target, so no right eye for you
>ehh, we don't have to be efficient in moving to the next target because fuck you nerd

They seem to serve a purpose in this one, at the very least pointing out that you don't have to show every single buff being cast. Lord knows some of those forum users would throw a hissy fit if a buff appeared without being explicitly shown beforehand.

Xykon doesn't fuck around when he's mad, and he was pretty fucking mad when giving Redcloak that ultimatum.

It's not like Xykon was serious before that scene. He wasn't even serious during the epic caster fight immediately preceding it. Things just went wrong and he needed someone to blame.

It just so happened that it was actually kinda Redcloak's fault that time.

He was serious. However, he had just gotten burned himself because he couldn't help playing with his food. Because he was incapable of accepting his own faults, he just blamed Redcloak.

>multidimensional storm
THANK YOU RICHIE
So it's pretty much confirmed Burlew browses Veeky Forums right, the other option, that he reads his own forums, is simply suicidal.

Well this is the last gate, and he's not wrong about a system not really helping in this case. He was plenty serious about not wasting time heading to this one when Girard's gate went boom.

Stone. Multidimensional stone.

What the hell can damage an epic level lich, cleric, beastmaster

The first time they fought, Roy literally beat up Xykon with his fists

Rich has been very restrained in his usage of epic level crap, so the Lich doesn't have any '/epic' DR or any other such nonsense.

Which is absolutely for the best, of course.

Or better yet, MitD. He could probably solo whole dungeons on his own; they should split up so they can search twice as fast.

I think he doesn't have the focus and drive to be trusted with searching a dungeon on his own.

>What the hell can damage an epic level lich

Undead-bane legacy weapons?

Did anyone remember the gimmick in the Goblin army vs the Saphire City gimmick were there was a ton of various skeleton men leading armies but the real Xykon was, in fact, invisible?

It's the same deal here. All the doors are fake. The real entrance to the gate is somewhere else.

>All the doors are fake. The real entrance to the gate is somewhere else.
A majority of the doors might be facing towards a single convergence point? A buried dwarven rune as a teleport gate?

I doubt he'd do the double bluff thing AGAIN.

Its just so tired and dull now. Like all the wind has been taken out of the wings.

I would say that the desert saga did this almost singlehandedly.

Third (rather, five thousand and oneth) answers don't fit with the theme of "get gud or get ded" that the pit full of monsters implies.
The chasm's obviously enchanted so the gate's in the last place you look.
The only way to find the gate is to slaughter your way through every single dungeon-door.
It probably doesn't even matter which order you open the doors in.

He was pissed at the time, we all serious the fuck up when stuff goes wrong

I miss Tsukiko

He was just throwing a temper tantrum because he got rekt in such an ironic way.

oh man. that bitch died in the most awesome and hilarious way possible.

god cant wait for that point where redcloak sticks it to xykon.

Since its been hundreds of pages, remind me how O'chul and V teleported away in the comic right before that when Xykon was about to kill them?

The monster in the darkness helped them out.

So you search the 3-4 doors on each end, and then pick randoms? Or?
Or do ritual casting of epic level dispel in hope of something being disguised?

Was it confirmed that it was the monster?

Not explicitly, but it's the likeliest explnation.

It's because Redcloak directly opposed Xykons original hit it and quit it plan in favour of pursuing his own goal of building a stable goblin nation.

So it's a combination of Xykon reinforcing his position as the man with the plan as well as taking petty revenge for Redcloaks sacrificing Xykons goals for his own.

Also, Xykons is always serious. It's just that he's operating on a different frame of reference for what's important and what's irrelevant.

He recognizes that there's no point stressing or getting frustrated by things like having to go through the doors one by one because that's unavoidable.

But avoidable mistakes or see when magic elf tried a scry and die attack and he laid out how power actually works, and you see that Xykons doesn't fuck around when it comes to actual direct action or events he can directly influence.

That's why he's the BBEG, and why he's scary. He's not just powerful, he's effective and efficient when it comes to achieving his goals.

Xykon has been expecting his betrayal since before the comic even started, the real question is how much will Redcloak be able to weaken Xykon before getting obliterated.

Being that Redcloaks a near epic level Cleric with knowledge of most of Xykon's tricks I'm hoping the answer is "a lot".

I don't think Redcloak is near epic level. I think he's around the same level as the heroes.

He casually casts mass spells and has enough slots leftover to cast even more after getting a nasty beating by obviously high CR encounters. That's gotta be at least 18th at the minimum.

Depends on the state of their body.

Redcloak is significantly more powerful than the PCs.

How'd she cark it again?

She figured out Redcloak was pulling a fast one on Xykon and tried to blackmail him. It didn't end well for her.

He can cast 9th level spells, which the Order can't do at this point. He's probably around level 19-20 atm.

Redcloak controlled her own Wights and had them eat her alive after she tried to blackmail him.

Approximate strip id for that? I'd like to re-view it without searching for years.

It's #830

Cool many thanks.

Oh shit I just re-read that.
That strip is brutal. Poor Tsukiko.
OotS doesn't have many "oh shit" moments but when it does they are pretty crazy.

Yeah, Tsukiko was a fan favorite too so it was doubly shocking.