Emracool confirmed for Eldritch Moon!

mtgsalvation.com/forums/magic-fundamentals/the-rumor-mill/714642-emrakul-confirmed-in-eldritch-moon

>WotC "confirmed" Emrakul will be part of Eldritch Moon!
>How?
>All organizers receive information about shipments with promo materials by email. There are also what those shipment contains. Last shipment with promo cards for ELM carry this notice:

>SHIPMENT CONTENTS:
>EN-LAU 2-PRE-BaB-Advanced-Emrakul-PWD
>Marketing Campaign promotional material

Team Emracool!

It was clear since they spoiled the name of the block.

About as subtle as a kick to the head. I was hoping Wizards would be a bit more clever about this. I'm so sick of eldrazi. Both my favorite planes were ruined by them now.

Nuts, I was hoping for Marit Lage.

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/something-twisted-way-comes-2016-05-30

It's been confirmed since Kozilek was on OotG

You know, the sad thing is, if this hadn't been so blitheringly obvious by coming right on the heels of RtZ and its leaving Emrakul out, it would actually be a really nicely done bit of mystery.

Imagine if they'd done SoI before RtZ, and we didn't already have eldrazi on the brain and the knowledge that Emrakul had left Zendikar. That might have actually been a halfways interesting mystery. As it is, it's just kind of "yeah, no shit".

>Not Phyrexia

Oh boy, two Eldrazi sets in a row.

Even though the article a few weeks ago jerked WOTC off something fierce, it did point out to me that the art direction in this set was really good, if nothing else

You know Nahiri doesn't even know Phyrexia exists right?

Exactly! If there'd actually been any real mystery, rather than everyone being sure from the outset that it was going to be Emrakul based on (essentially) metaknowledge, people might've actually bothered to do some real digging. All that effort in the art direction essentially went to waste because nobody had any motivation to bother to look. There wasn't enough challenge to the mystery to require or justify that level of effort.

One thing they could have done is add more red herrings like that one green card with the Phyrexian symbol front and center. Do more stuff like that so there could be a case for three or four different possibilities rather than the overwhelming evidence for Emmy

I think the best way to do it would be to put two blocks between RtZ and SoI. RtZ transitions into something comparatively low-scale, like tensions arising as a whole fuckload of Zendikar survivors fall through cracks in the ruined plane and all get shipped off to some other plane we haven't seen in a while. Return to Dominaria, maybe.
Then in the next set, Bolas starts causing shit somehow, and it involves the survivors.
Then we get to SoI, and everybody's thinking "Bolas" but "Zendikar" is still reasonably fresh in people's heads since the last two blocks only happened because Zendikar got fucked up.
Rate my fanfic guys.

No amount of red herrings would have worked unless they went so overboard that the only rational conclusion based on the presented evidence was "Phyrexia" or "Lorwyn" or whathaveyou.

For the love of God, can someone, anyone tell me why there haven't been any spoilers leaked and the prerelease is less than a month away?

I don't believe innistrad is going to be as ravaged as zendikar was. Basically emrakul will shit a few eldrazi, everyone will go oh noes, and then some convoluted bullshit forcing sorin to sacrifice himself to shove emrakul in the moon.
thereby freeing whatever phyrexian was trapped within it, all according to raven yawgmoth man plan nahiri will get a case of the feel bads, join the jacetice league, and whatever was freed will shit off to the next sets realm after the next step in the raven mans plan.

Then we get to twiddle our thumbs for a few months while wizard gives some background on the new plane before everything gets fucked up.

Because leaks start Monday.

>lili featured heavily in the promo art we already have
Please give us something other than this just being the end of the eldrazi

Not true. As long as each possibility has an equal amount of evidence, there would be plenty of debate about what it really is. Just because it seems obvious in hindsight doesn't mean Emmy was garunteed to be in there before SOI even came out

Wait.

Wait wait wait.

Wait...

Emrakul, the Compleat.

As long as SoI came directly after RtZ, with Emmy's disappearance being a hugely prominent event, you'd have to throw a ludicrous amount of chaff out to make anybody second-guess the blatantly obvious solution.

Liliana kills Emrakul and joins the MtG Avengers because of reasons?

>MTG Avengers
I think you mean the Jacetice League.

I want one and I will have one. Even if I have to open two boxes.

Firstly, was Emracool not being on Zendikar really that explored? I admit I kind of clocked out during that set due to my own dislike of Zendikar, but I don't recall it being more than a passing mention.
Secondly, do you really think most people saw that Innistrad was the next plane and said "yep, that's Emrakul"? If you did then congrats on being psychic but the majority of people didn't connect things til they saw the clue token puzzle at least

The Eldrazi were the Big Deal for Zendicar. The Eldrazi Titans were the big deal Eldrazi. It's not an understatement to say the RtZ had to be about the titans. When Emmy didn't show up in part two, everybody noticed it.

No matter what the next plane was, people were going to be guessing "Emmy's there!". For a "horror"-oriented plane like Anustrad, there's no real guesswork. The only reason they'd drop the plotthread of "Emmario is Missing" and then transition to the "horror" plane was to set up lovecraftian horror using Emmy.

A lot of people started thinking that it might be Emrakul because of the flavor text for Structural Distortion. The card was leaked as part of a loose booster pack that someone got their hands on. After people saw the flavor text, they started speculating about Emrakul. I think this is also how people knew that Nahiri would be in the set.

Judging by most peoples reaction, they expected, or at least wanted, Emmy to be saved for a later date. And again, as long as evidence is equally spread out, there could have been a case for just about anything

In a more evidence neutral set that wouldn't have been enough to point the finger solely at Emmy

Well, I guessed it was Emrakul-chan on Innistrad because of two reasons:
1. Emrakul was gone from Zendikar and the whole thing about her being away was just very cryptic.

2. When the trailer for Shadows Over Innistrad came out and the symbol of Avacyn started warping, I had a feeling it was Emrakul. She warps gravitational fields and also distorts certain parts of organic matter. She's the titan of corruption.

Oh, and also the name "Shadows Over Innistrad" and the whole "Shadows Over Innsmouth" H.P. Lovecraft thing. Wizards said they got huge inspiration from Lovecraft creatures and lore for the Eldrazi, so it only made sense.

>she
>LE EDGy TitAn oF corruPtIon_xXx
>she
contain your autism please

Emrakul is confirmed to be female tho.

Fair enough, but remember that Marit Lage is also Lovecraftian inspired,and there are hints that the old Stormkirk god was as well. Additionally, the Eldrazi were shown to be very blunt force at that point, with little to no madness and slow corruption going on. And again, if Wizards set out from the beginning to set up multiple different possible sources of craziness one or both of those wouldn't have existed

Or you could just chill your autism gun and know even the least about a card game you're playing. It's a she, as said by Wizards. And yeah, she's the titan of corruption, as stated by Wizards. Jeezus man, get your shit together.

The titans are genderless. Gender applies to them like splorkfleem applies to you, it's a nonsense concept. The Zendikari just arbitrarily assigned Emmy as female.

You ok user? You can always talk to us

Or you could get over your gender problem and just accept that they have genders now, as stated by Wizards.

That's true. I also hoped for some Marit Lage things in some upcoming sets.

Personally I wanted it to be the Stormkirk god

>there is this badass monster that will be a main character of our fav game soon
>lets discuss about it
>yeh le emmy chan :333
100% sure user claimin it is a she has already made it his new waifu

The problem is that people were already predisposed to thinking that Emrakul might be on Innistrad well before spoilers came out. When Wizards released the teaser for SOI back in October, people started guessing that the eldrazi might show up on Innistrad.

Anyone who didn't think it was Emrakul have way to much faith in Wizards.

Keep in mind tg isn't the majority of players, and just because they guessed it quickly doesn't mean everyone did. Additionally, again that trailer would have been different if they intended to allow vastly different possibilities for the cause

I believe emrakuls gender was only implied through the retards on zendikar worshiping them. This doesn't actually mean they have genders.

Though emrakul looks like a giant boat delivering shit and boats are always female by principle

I wasn't talking about just Veeky Forums. My point is that the eldrazi theory grew even in the absence of new SOI information. Even before all the hints in the set, people were naturally moving towards eldrazi. You say that the teaser should have been different so as to not be obvious, but I'm surprised that people thought the warped symbol meant eldrazi. It seemed like a generic horror thing to me.

>nahiri being used to shit emrakul constantly in modern
Oh so subtle wizards

Only didn't think it wasn't Emrakul. Especially there were retards who still tought otherwise even after the puzzle got resolved.

I guess I'm not sure where you frequent because for me I only saw Emrakul come up with any frequency after the clue token hint

So how badly will newmrakul be nerfed compared to old

Only retards didn't think it was Emrakul. Especially there were retards who still tought otherwise even after the puzzle got resolved.

Emerakul trys to steal her waifu, she wont have it and wont have her waifu mindbroken so she kills the eldrazi with sorins help to get that sweet boipoussi

My brothers ;_;

Its a she just because it's goddess form. originaly is genderless
stop calling her emmy chan and forcing your fucking fetish

>Accepting Wizard's explicit statement on literally anything
How new are you? The only thing Wizards does worse than design card games is tell stories.

Well there is rumor of a vanilla flip mythic. Probably gonna be a big fat moon that does nothing and then flips or comes in as Emakrul and then flips into a useless moon.

It's not a flip, MaRo showed the back of the card

But it's still correct. It's canon and you have to accept it when you talk about lore. Sorry mate.

Too late i'm already erect.

Any thoughts on potential card names for the new Emrakul? My guess is Emrakul, the Eldritch Moon.

Emmy-chan

Emrakul, make innistrad great again.

Emrakul, the End

Will have Heavens in the name, according to MaRo tweet

Uhh... both? I thought Zendikar was the only one, unless you're talking about that nameless one that Sorin and Nahiri witnessed before they came to Zendikar.

What makes this great is that it sounds like a summary of the new story of Innistrad.

> people actually liked zendikar
Wasn't zendikar basically avatar without blue people? I missed that set and the revisit, but it looked super boring.

It was like D&D in a world of constantly shifting wilderness and dungeons, then the narrative was hijacked by Lovecraft horrors.

Yo, if most people didn't expect Emrakul to appear into a block called Shadows over Innistrad after being conspicuously absent from Zendikar, then most people are mouthbreathing mongoloids.

Well I'm sure you already know that not everybody can be as endlessly intelligent as you

>Fair enough, but remember that Marit Lage is also Lovecraftian inspired,and there are hints that the old Stormkirk god was as well.
They were 1) on Dominaria 2) old. Wizards literally never revisited that plane ever since Coldsnap and are avoiding like plague.
>no corruption
Please, nigger, the entire plane was corrupted by their mere slumbering presence.

Dude, it's not a fucking locked room murder.

I too held out a small hope for Marit Lage, but it cannot be helped.
I hope Emrakul at least doesn't get killed off. Chased away maybe.

It's not the same thing as Lovecraftian, poisoning-of-the-mind type corruption. The closest thing to it was people freaking out when they saw them, and that was mostly because they were fucking huge and scary looking

>They were 1) on Dominaria 2) old. Wizards literally never revisited that plane ever since Coldsnap and are avoiding like plague.
We briefly saw Dominaria again with Liliana's part of Magic Origins.

Undead eldrazi

Emrakul, the Five-Legged Shrew

Is there a Kozilek so I can complete the set?

im hoping for a 5 color devoid emmy
for edh reasons

>emrakul, missed me?

>it's Emrakul

I could have told you that the second the spoilers for Oath were over. Do you really think WotC would just leave out Emrakul? Wow the next block is revealed to have a mystery. Gee wiz I wonder what sort of all powerful monster is corrupting Innistrad...

Sorry but for everyone thinking it could be Marit Lage or something else you were completely delusional if you think modern WotC would do something that creative and fun.

and I'm sure Emrakul will be slapped to death in one block probably when Jace ascends to super planeswalker form and the rest of the Avengers blast Emratron with their planewalker lasers

Ugh. Wonder if we'll be getting transforming eldrazi now.

Emrakul, Devourer of Heaven

There was a preview of the preview where Rosewater whipped out the preview card to the guy who was previewing it. It had the standard card back, so I doubt it.

>humans that transform into werewolf eldrazis

>Humans transform into eldrazi

>instants that transform into Eldrazi

They have those. It's called creatures with flash and etb effects.

>Tribal World Enchantment - Eldrazi

You obviously didn't read any of the stories or lore surrounding them. They literally made people go insane. That'd what Kozilek and his brood do. They warp reality and distort your perception of it. Have you looked at the card "Inquisition of Kozilek"?

I wish...

>Devoid 5c Emmy

>Eldrazis transform into humans

>Eldrazi are the corrupted precursor race

God, do I want it, shame wizards would never do it.

Emrakul, Kept You Waiting, Huh.

I was really hoping for something cool. I mean, fuck even something kind of vanilla like a demon or something would have been better.

I don't want fucking eldrazi 2 sets in a row. Really ruins the set honestly.

>tfw Innistrad is your favorite pane.

I'm hoping they kill whoever came up with Devoid so that his shit ideas can't plague this Earth anymore.

BFZ really made eldrazi uncool.

Do eldrazi sexually procreate? If the answer is no, then gender to them is only a grammatical construct. It's like referring to a sea vessal as a "she". It's "correct" but not truly accurate.

Emrakul, the Heavens Divide