Pokemon Quest #150

Incredible Reversal Edition

Archive: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Gobble
Twitter: twitter.com/GobbleQM
Pokemon, items, and summary: pastebin.com/tSNKt0Wm
FAQ and general concepts: pastebin.com/Ht1Q5E1p
All guides, player knowledge, and smutty stories: pastebin.com/u/Gobblepokemon

Themes: youtube.com/watch?v=6Y-ad_74T08
Quest theme: youtube.com/watch?x-yt-ts=1422579428&v=YW9QKy6oDkE&x-yt-cl=85114404

Recently: You finished training, and Robin fought Violet for the championship.

General rules:

There is a 10 minute voting period after each post. Non-contradictory votes will be combined as best as possible.

Write-ins for all votes are always welcome and encouraged. They may not all make it into the post or be altered to fit in, but I'll do my best to at least try to address the spirit of the write-in.

Very important or contentious votes may be redone in a stricter voting system as it comes up.

Combat involves rolls! Once there's a clear vote winner, we roll for the move accuracy/crit/secondary effect. Usually it's just three 1d100s. Sometimes you can get a modifier from circumstances, so be creative! Add flair, do tricks with moves, mess with terrain, whatever! This is not a video game. Weak moves tend to be quicker.

Call me out on a mistake and receive an apology butt or suggestive picture.

Badges: 10

Pokemon on you:
Oberon (Garchomp)
Devon (Houndoom)
Trunks (Trevenant)
Vlad (Crobat)
Leviathan (Gyarados)
Zappy Dan (Magnezone)

Not In Party:
Aria (Meloetta)
Destiny (Kingdra)
Fel (Butterfree)
Raistlin (Alakazam)
Nibbles (Tyrantrum)

Ha! Ha! Time to see Robin lose to standard narrative bullshit!

And we're back.

How's your week been, Gobble?

First for god damn, Robin is scary. Also scarf ditto for the win.

Post yfw Me First

[Not bad! You?]

Congrats on 150! Quite the milestone.
How is best Duck?

So we know all her Pokemon, but the pastebin is slightly outdated move-list wise.

Gobblegobblegobble

[Oh shit! I meant to update that!]

Can't wait to see more of Robin's magnificent bullshit.

Kind of blue balled after E3 and seeing all the cool shit coming up, but too far off.

Then my IRL roleplay got cancelled after a cliffhanger last week.

So yeah.

sounds like a blast!

No rush, just would be nice to have it done before we start making special prep.

I spent most of last week being the party equivalent of TFS's version of Krillin in terms of party contribution helping and it ended with our ship being hauled aboard a Super Star Destroyer.

I'm putting money on the party being fucked honestly.

>tfw Robin is Gobble's DMPC

Good times. Did you get to pretend to be a space duck?

No, but we were in the middle of the Iron Citadel on Empress Teta (Read: Temple of Dark Souls,) so I doubt it would've helped.

“You’re right" Robin’s head perks up. She breathes in, then out, and throws out Ditto, who transforms into Mewtwo on entry.

Violet’s laugh stop. Her smile vanishes. “Foul Play!”

Robin whispers. “Me First.“

Ditto instantly closes the gap between the two Pokemon. It moves so fast it’s like it teleported. It’s fist strikes hard and deep into Mewtwo’s gut. If it weren’t for the closeup on the screen, you’d worry that it broke the skin.

Mewtwo explodes backwards, crashing into the wall behind Violet. It’s eyes slowly close as it slumps over.

Her face shows total disbelief.

The referee hesitates for a second before throwing up the flag. “V-Violet’s Pokemon is unable to battle. Victory goes to the challenger, Robin!”

Robin stands in stunned silence silence, mirroring her mom.

“I don’t believe it! Never in my years have I ever seen such...such a battle!”

“Me two Chip! Me too!”

Clair puts an arm around your shoulder and kisses you hard on the cheek. You only now realize that everyone around you is cheering. Even the dignified royal family is jumping around. Vernon Fir a high five without even using his cane to stand.

Vance’s heavy hand slaps you on the back. “Ha ha! I bet you can’t wait to battle her!”

>”I’m boned.”
>Robin blew all her surprises. You'll win.
>It could go either way
>Something else

>we have been fucking Gobble's little girl self insert

time to die.

>”I’m boned.”

>It could go either way

>>It could go either way
>> Is it wrong I want to see the expression on Violet's face? Because I really want to see the expression on her face.

>It could go either way

We're going to want Vlad and Destiny for certain though.

>>It could go either way

I'm more worried about Violet doing something stupid in the heat of things.

>>Something else
Say nothing
Just stand there with a big stupid grin on our face

"It'll be fun!" Indicate enthusiasm regardless of our chances.

>”I’m boned.”
But with a grin! That just makes it more fun.

>”I’m boned.”
Brute force doesn't work. Outsmarting won't work, because she is smarter. We gotta spread so many statuses that she can't ever get a Safeguard or Heal Bell up.

>It could go either way

>>”I’m boned.”
>>"This is gonna be fun"

>"I'm boned."
>With a smug grin on our face
>"...and so is Clair. Seriously though, it could go either way"

We should really either use Nibbles or teach someone Stealth Rocks with how much of her team is weak to it.

>”I’m boned.”

>“Me two Chip
Where is my booty?

Kat's booty is still down in the arena user, have some patience!

That as well.

Dan and possibly Fel would be ideas as well. Devon is non-negotiable either way though.

[Booty mines are running low on new content. Hope this'll do.
The new games are sure to inspire another burst, though ]

So our only option against Robin is to stack status effects. Time to live up to that name, boys

Looking forward to their release? What's your starter gonna be?

We can still do some tricky things with attacks she has never seen. Such as Zappy Dan's special move.

We'd better put on Eye of the Tiger and put Fel through a serious workout.

Teach him Giga Drain, Toxic and Psybeam and seriously buff his stats so he can powder and be offensive into the bargain.

Probably teach him Confuse Ray as well if he can learn it.

Sylveon, Ninetails and Galvantula are all light enough to get ragdolled up by Vlad's new move I'm pretty sure. Also teleported by Raistlin.

So, lets start putting a team together so we can save time later:
Devon, we can't just not use him
Zappy Dan
Vlad
Destiny
???
???
My votes are Oberon and Raistlin.

user, I'm sure that if Gobble sets the stage correctly, we can crack whatever plans she might be hatching. That is what it will all come down to, because are pokeymons are stronger than hers.

So what should our team be?
I'm thinking
Devon
Dan
Oberon
Levi
Rastlin
Vlad/Destiny/Nibbles/Trunks

Meloetta? I mean, she is a legendary.

Yeah, no negativity! Something as simple as a surprise move could ruin her plans, really.

Besides, I at least wouldn't mind losing anyway.

Trunk's blocking ability and health regen cold definitely come in handy.

She's still recovering

I agree with those first four.
Raistlin is a good idea.
Also, Nibbles for Stealth Rock unless we can teach that to someone else.

Of course, if there's time, training Fel to be viable would be a good idea.

I think most of us wouldn't mind losing to Robin, we just want a fun match.

If Violet was still the champ on the other hand then I would be kinda salty if we lost, just because of how annoyingly smug she would be. Don't really care about beating her for the sake of beating her.

Oberon can learn sneaky pebbles.

we should para/sleep her pokemon then have Raistlin teleport them out of the stadium.

Thats just cheap user.

that's a pretty dick move, I like it.

Evil, user!

Well. Nibbles will get to watch the Critlord in action then.

So, our team:
Devon
Destiny
Vlad
Zappy Dan
Raistlin
Oberon

Sound about right to everyone?

Sounds good to me.

I'm good with that.

Slightly dissapoint that Levi's new dragon dance won't get used, but meh.

I feel bad for the pokes we'll leave out no matter who we pick.

I find your lack of Levi disturbing

We've still got to turn Hornbeam into a pretzel.

Levi can eat him.

Robin’s Ditto takes its regular shape and hugs her. It snaps her out of her stupor with a hug. Robin smiles and cries tears of joy.

The crowd is deafeningly loud, even in this VIP box.

Violet slowly turns around to look at her defeated Pokemon. She doesn’t really seem to register what just happened. She hasn’t spoken or even moved much at all.

“I think I’m boned.” You smile up at Vance. You couldn’t wipe the grin off your face with a Hyper Beam.

“Well, that’s not very confident.”

“Ha. Maybe it can go either way. We’ll see.”

“Thatta girl!”

The sky darkens. It’s like a sudden overcast.

Jeanine notices it too “I heard there was a small chance of rain. But-”

Hundreds, thousands of flying Pokemon swarm down. The Mr.Mime’s create barriers, but for some reason they just suddenly stop. They allow the flying Pokemon in and, one by one, start turning on the surprised security guards, hitting them with restraining moves.

“What’s happening!”

Violet retrieves Mewtwo, but she’s knocked to the ground. The ball bounces away. You can’t see what’s happening. There are too many Pokemon surrounding her. You hear shrill, desperate screaming before she’s completely covered.

Robin moves to help, but the various flying pokemon make it hard for her to get anywhere close. All her Pokemon except for Ditto are knocked out, too. For the most part, they all seem to be concentrating on Violet.

>Send all your Pokemon to rescue Violet
>Run to protect Robin and get her out of there
>Send all your Pokemon to retrieve that ball
>Something else

We really need to give Devon some sort of gimmick. Not sure the special Mega is going to make it in time.

thinking of dropping Devon for Fel, need the extra status

>>Run to protect Robin and get her out of there
Priorities

>Send Devon to save her and run for Robin.

Looks like a Mewtwo Dick Move (TM)

I was going on type coverage and who can status.

Levi can probably sweep Robin, but she doesn't have quite the same synergy with the rest of the team.

I mean, you could swap her for Destiny, but I just can't go past our untouchable Kingdra.

Fuck Violet, she made her bed and she can lie in it.

>>Send Vlad and Raistlin to retrieve that ball
>>Send erryone else to protect Robin.

first priority. No mewtwo for Hornbeam.

Wish we still had Raistlin for teleport.

>Oberon, Devon, Levi, Screen for me. Save Violet if you can, grab that ball if you can but don't put yourselves at risk.

>Send Vlad to retrieve that ball
>Send all your Pokemon to rescue Violet
Robin should be fine as long as she stays back, plus she also has Ditto to defend herself. I forget, did she have any unused pokemon left as well?

Half and half on our pokemon.

I'm cool with giving Devon a trick or two, but unless it's a Nuzlocke, your starter is on your league team.

Unspoken rule and all.

Could we arc electricity between the pokemon? I seem to remember that being how it worked for Pikachu in pic related. Try to have Dan crowd control like that?

Guys I don't see the point of prioritizing Robin. There's nothing even saying she's under threat except that she's prevented from reaching her mom. They're obviously ignoring everyone but Violet except restraining anyone who tries to stop them.

Trunks to use Phantom Force to get Mewtwo.
Devon, Oberon and Dan to protect Robin.
Levi and Destiny to guard Violet.

>>Something else
Devon, Roar. Send Vlad after the ball.

Supporting this

It's our waifu, user. Besides, Gobble can be a dick like that. Remember that one time, when we played a flute and she lost an eye? And there wasn't a murder of pidgeys out to get her that time.

Vlad is still exhausted unfortunately.

Cursed slow passing of time!

Roar is a good point actually. Just send him at them a-Roaring.

This works.
Basically what I suggested, but without covering everything.

Should we try our flute to calm things down like we did at lace point?

Fuck yeah, mew2.

>Send all of your pokemon to rescue violet

HORNBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAM!!!

Trunks with Phantom Force?

If he can get there fast enough to grab it, he could definitely get away quickly. Any way for us to get him down there real quick with our current pokes?

Rolled 10, 66, 39, 35, 67, 22 = 239 (6d100)

[Let's have some fun! Roll those dice!]

Rolled 11 (1d100)

Rolled 10 (1d100)

Rolled 28 (1d100)

Maybe levi could bounce on top of the ball so that the birds can't get at it and our other pokes can help violet?

Same as the above?

I mean, we'll probably be saying hi to Giratina in transit, but it's the quickest way of getting down besides breaking the window and getting Vlad to fly us down or trying to get Raistlin out of the PC.

welp, looks like our Pokemon are MC'd

Well, nobody came out of this looking particularly good.