Kantai Collection Quest: Pacific Strike 35

Twitter: twitter.com/MercCommand

Archive: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Kantai Collection Pacific Strike

Other Quests: pastebin.com/sYpqmWZg

You are the former United States Navy warship USS HOEL, now returned as a shipgirl and ready to kick Abyssal ass!

Currently, you were back in the familiar confines of the Tarawa, which, unlike her larger cousin the Gerald R. Ford, could actually fit through the Panama Canal and was now being employed to ship you and your task force to the Falklands.

Again, things have been rather tense for you, but in a different way than the previous attack on the President. One of those creepy CIA spooks had approached you earlier, clearly wanting to recruit Woel for something shady. You of course told him to fuck off.

While you were spending a night listening to mad beats with Anna, she assured you that nothing had breached the encryption protecting your comms with your half Abyssal sister.

"Can't stop the signal!" She said proudly. It seemed to be some new catchphrase she'd picked up.

Anyways, when you wake up this morning, you find yourself in...

>Your own room.
>In Anna's room.
>Buried under a pile of Fletchers.
>Other

>>Buried under a pile of Fletchers.

>>In Anna's room.
as tempting as the feltcher pile is

>In Anna's room.
>Buried under a pile of Anna.

Is this the real life?

>In Anna's room.

>buried under a pile of battleships

>>In Anna's room.

>In Anna's room.
Why not both?.jpg

>>In Anna's room.

[x] Buried under a pile of Fletchers

>>In Anna's room.

Aaaaand you find yourself buried under a pile of Fletchers, for some ungodly reason. Luce, Wren, and Daly, all still dressed in their navy blue pajamas, were sprawled all over you. Luce was lying directly on top of your torso, her head resting right on your chest as if she were using it as a pillow. Meanwhile, Wren and Daly were each wrapped around your right and left arms respectively like hot dug buns, and there didn't seem to be any indication of them letting go.

And finally, Kidd was just lying on her back directly on top of your legs, snoring the loudest of them all. Her eyepatch was disheveled and her hat was gone, otherwise making her nearly blend in with her other sister ships. Her little pet bird Pepe similarly was nesting on Kidd's chest, fast asleep like its master.

You... you honestly don't remember how this happened...

And then suddenly, there's a loud knocking sound on the door.

"Girls!" You hear Portland snap. "You're already twenty minutes late for drills! You better all not be still asleep!"

Portland's nagging did nothing to wake the destroyers up. At this rate, the cruiser was sure to barge in to MAKE them wake up!

Damnit, what were you going to do?!

>Try to worm your way out of their grip.
>Time top lay the alarm clock.
>Just play it cool.
>Tell Portland to go bother someone else.
>Other

>Try to worm your way out of their grip.
>Portland help they somehow have me pinned.

I love top lay.

>Tell Portland to go bother someone else.

>>Time top lay the alarm clock.

>>Tell Portland to go bother someone else.

>>Time to play the alarm clock.

>Vibrate/thrash furiously when the alarm sounds

whoops I meant vibrate/thrash as the alarm clock. Fire blanks if need be

Well, you suppose you should save Portland some of the trouble and just wake the Fletchers up yourself. Even though you were largely sympathetic to them, even you knew that they couldn't goldbrick their way out of everything. There was as war on, after all!

>Roll 1d20

Rolled 20 (1d20)

Rolled 14 (1d20)

>
Damn

Rolled 3 (1d20)

whalp

WELL

Do you want to bank the crit for a FATE POINT? You currently have 2 points!

>Y
>N

>Y

>Y

>Y

>>N

Might as well bank it, can't see how a crit helps us here besides some extra comedic effect.

>Y

>Y

>>N
I think 2 is enough. RNG hasn't hated us enough to burn them all.

Yet

Alright, considering the game I was playing for the past 3 hours I guess you're right.

When you roll 3 critical hits in a row that don't confirm, you die a little on the inside.

>Y

Not exactly life or death here. You can never have enough good karma in reserve.

>FATE POINT gained!
>You now have 3 points!

"HEY! WAKE UP YA LAZY CUNTS!" You bellow as you violently shake and twist your body. You manage to flip Luce off of your chest and toss Daly and Wren off of your arms. A uniform effort from both of your legs ejects Kidd into the air.

All four Fletchers squeak in surprise as the sudden and nasty awakening. Pepe started flapping his wings wildly and chirping angrily at the rude awakening, flying in circles below the ceiling.

Portland then forces he door open, an annoyed look on her face. Her bespectacled eyes quickly scan the room like a pair of rangefinders, It seems she quickly gathers what had happened, judging from all of the scattered Fletchers and you sitting in the center of them.

"Wild night, huh?" She sighs.

>You're always free to join in~!
>I honestly don't even remember.
>This isn't what it looks like!
>Other

>>I honestly don't even remember.

Let this be a lesson to turn off your swag before bed, Hoel.

Maybe someone spiked a drink, or sugar rush.

> You're always free to join in~!

>BUT~

seriously though

>>You're always free to join in~!

"I honestly don't even remember how this happened." You shrug as the other Fletchers yawn and try to rub the sleep out of their eyes.

"I'm honestly not even surprised." Portland shakes her head and sighs.

"Well, you're always free to join in~!" You tease with a knowing smile.

"Yeah! A sleepover with Portland sounds AWESOME!" Wren says happily.

"We could always be usin' a new landlubber for our raiding parties!" Kidd chortles, with Pepe chirping in agreement.

"Sorry, I'll pass." Portland groans as she adjusts her glasses. "Anyways, San Diego's waiting for you in the well deck. She'll be leading you in gunnery drills."

"AWWWWWW." The Fletchers whine.

"Don't take that tone with me." Portland tuts. "I already told you about this well ahead of time! Now get dressed!"

"Meanie Portland!" Daly sticks her tongue at Portland before disappearing into the bathroom with her sisters.

"Honestly, I don't know how Ontario does it." Portland groans.

"Eh, it's a chore, I admit." You shrug. "Anyways, if you're not gonna be drilling them today, what are you doing?"

"Long list of things." Portland sighs. "Apparently there's going to be briefing that requires both the Captain and the Admiral's attention, there's rumors that Enterprise is actually going to be linking up with us, and, well, I'm sure San Diego will need help with the Fletchers...

>Give a call to Hoel.
>Go see what this briefing is about.
>Go see if the rumors about Enterprise being on board are true.
>Help out San Diego with the drills.
>Other

>>Help out San Diego with the drills.

>>Give a call to Hoel.

Tell her not to trust anyone, and to keep a lower profile!

>Go see if the rumors about Enterprise being on board are true.

>Give a call to Hoel.
>Hoel
We've swapped places! Nobody noticed the pale skin.

>Give a call to Hoel.

>>Help out San Diego with the drills.

"I guess I can go help out SD with wrangling the the kids." You shrug.

"Wow, I didn't think you'd really be that selfless." Portland blinked, genuinely surprised.

"Yeah, well, I guess I'm full of surprises, Sweet Pea." You smile. "Besides, it would be a good opportunity for me to stretch my sea legs!"

"I suppose that's true." Portland nods. "All right, you go on ahead, then. I'll let you know if anything happens on the ship."

And with a respectful nod, Portland spins on her heel and marches off down the hall. Meanwhile, inside the Fletchers' quarters, you could hear all kinds of noise and humming emanating from the bathroom. I looks like the Fletchers are gonna take a while...

>Better wait for them.
>Tell them to hurry up.
>Might as well head out and meet up with SD first.
>Other

>>Might as well head out and meet up with SD first.

Time to get the meeting started.

>Tell them to hurry up.

You decide to head down to meet up with SD first. You slowly but steadily make your way down to the well deck. By this point, you're already well acquainted with the Tarawa's decks and sprawling hallways, and you move through her with little effort.

However, once you reach the well deck, you find San Diego, but she isn't her usual cool, cheery self. No, as a matter of fact, she looks to be a mixture of troubled and frustrated as she stood on the edge of the deck, her arms crossed and foot rapidly tapping on the steel deck making a rapid clanking sound like a machine gun on full automatic.

Yeah, something was clearly up with her.

>Ask her about it.
>Maybe it's best not to ask her about it.
>Other

>>Ask her about it.

>>Ask her about it.

>Other
>Sorry to have kept you waiting!

>Ask her about it.

>>Maybe it's best not to ask her about it.

>>Ask her about it.

>Ask her about it.

"Hey, SD, something bugging ya?" You ask, walking up to the light cruiser.

"Huh?" San Diego blinks, suddenly snapped out of her frustrated trance. "Oh, Hoel. Er, well, you could say something like that."

"Ya wanna talk about it?" You tilt your head curiously. "You don't have to keep everything bottled up, you know!"

San Diego gives you a hard stare for a few seconds before drooping like a flag without wind, her shoulders and head sagging.

"I heard that we received a few new shipgirls on the Tarawa today. Last minute and very hush hush."

"Yep, I heard Enterprise arrived." You nod, echoing what Portland had told. "What, you got some kinda beef with her?"

"No." San Diego shakes her head. "I heard San Francisco was with her, too."

"Wait, what?!" You blink. Portland didn't tell you THAT. "Huh, wonder whey they brought her."

"That's kind of what I want to know, too." San Diego bites her lip.

"It's more than that, isn't it?" You raise a suspicious eyebrow.

San Diego sighs and looks away, out of the well deck and to the blue ocean outside.

"She's never apologized to Atlanta." San Diego explains, her back still turned to you. "In fact she just... avoids her. Never even talks to her, even in this age of instant communication! I don't know why, but I want... no, need to find out why she won't talk my sister."

"Then why don't ya?" You raise an eyebrow.

"Because San Francisco tries to avoid me, too." San Diego sighs. "And I can tell you from personal experience that she's VERY good at running."

Huh, you guess it makes sense. Atlanta was San Diego's sister ship, after all. And San Fran did, well...

>How about you go find her and I'll cover for you.
>I'll go talk to her for you.
>How about we get this drill finished and we find her together?
>Other

>>Ask her about it.

>>How about you go find her and I'll cover for you.

SOCIAL LINK GO!

>>How about we get this drill finished and we find her together?

>"She's never apologized to Atlanta."
Didn't we already see her confront Frisco about this at Mulberry's?

Yeah, but there's probably still the hurdle left for her to overcome.

>Didn't we already see her confront Frisco about this at Mulberry's?

San Fran dodged actually having to answer anything about that.

"How about we get this drill finished and we find her together?" He grin as you punch San Diego lightly in the shoulder. "I don't think she'd be able to worm way from the two of us!"

"That sounds like a great idea." San Diego smiles and nods, her usual easygoing demeanor slowly returning. "I suppose duty comes first. Though those destroyers are late agai-"

"WE'RE HERE!" Luce wails as she and her sisters dash in, panting for breath and now fully dressed in their uniforms.

"And...." San Diego checks her watch. "Almost forty five minutes late."

"Well, we're here, aren't we?" Daly protests.

"Yeah! Yeah! At least we didn't ditch this time!" Wren nods in agreement.

San Diego's glare just becomes more poisonous.

"Why we be stuck with this deckswabbing duty when the other destroyers don't have to?!" Kidd complains, crossing her little arms in a huff.

"Because," San Diego says in her sternest tone, "Hoel, Heerman, Johnston, and Haida have already proven themselves in major engagements against Abyssals, and you four have not. At least not enough."

"Awwwwwwww!" The four Fletchers whine in unison.

"Look, the sooner ya get this done, the sooner you can leave!" You point out.

"Thank you, Hoel." San Diego nods politely to you.

"Traitooooooor!" The the Fletchers quietly hiss at you, as if San Diego, who was standing next to you, couldn't hear.

"Now now, no need for names." San Diego tuts as she summons her Rig, dozens of 5-inch guns materializing on her back. "How about we get this started? Hoel, what do you think these girls could improve on?"

>Gunnery
>Maneuvering
>Torpedo Runs
>AA Defense
>Other

>>Other
Everything at once

>>Maneuvering

It's all about positioning....Not like that!

>>Gunnery
Fletchers are gun destroyers, not torpedo destroyers.

>45 Minutes late? SD wanna give them the Hell course? *Hoel smile*

>AA Defense

>cookies
Captcha, those were muffins.

>>Maneuvering
The most important skill of a fast and speedy ship, how to move properly and efficiently.