Which passage would you explore first, A or B?

Which passage would you explore first, A or B?

>stop metagaming!

I explore the girl.

Go grab a torch from A, then explore B.

I'd start with B, because it looks like a side passage, and probably reaches a dead end. I would then be able to backtrack and explore A, which looks like the main path. I'm a completionist.

Always follow the right-hand wall. So B.

I always clear sidepaths first. It's ironically the route that the designers expect you to go down first, and I've always felt that half the point of playing any game is to enter a dialogue with the designer, to attempt to try and understand each other and to exceed each other's expectations. You can't really do that if you don't appreciate a little reverse psychology now and then.

So, B.

>All these kids walking down the dark path B

>Not having a light spell
Enjoy playing an inferior non-caster class.

My character is stronger, scarier and blacker than anything in there.

That's a reasonable point. Also, if you go down the main path you might accidentally progress things in such a way that you can't go back easily or at all, that always feels bad.

Kek

Just grab one of the torch sconces on the wall of path A

>not having darkvision

Capture a local resident of these tunnels and force it to say what's down each way.

>classes

disgusting.

Enjoy watching the grue eat you, I guess.
Pity you would never be able to tell the world what they actually look like.

Because torches are soooo expensive, right?

One of the Zork games had darkvision.

It only made Grues instantly kill you when you set foot in the dark.

Grab a light source and go B. Anyone who walks past a room without clearing deserves whatever happens next.

A. The darkness doesn't matter, it's the curvature of the hallway that matters. In route A you can both see the threats from far away and stealth your way by hugging the inner wall.

Also, torches indicate that someone uses that passage, and therefore, something is a lot more likely to be where there are burning torches, while the dark passage is probably just that - a dark dead-end that no one ever uses.

This is what decades of video games have taught me, too.

Nah, you should follow left-hand wall, so you can touch it while holding sword in your right hand.

It depends entirely on how "Ha ha you are a dumbass and you made a stupid choice, and you got completely rekt for making a dumb choice you retard!" the system is.

Shit wrecked for being a dumbass -> A first
Save and load to negate all consequences of bad decisions -> B first

Frotz pants.

But what if you're left-handed?

who's this girl?

The wall answers "What a coincidence, I'm left-handed too!" before switching the sword into its other hand.

B because I always solve labyrinths using an A* algorythm.

A because regardless of if I'm doing BFS or DFS that's still the first character in the alphabet and I always keep my lists sorted.

Came here to post all this.

>Go grab a torch from A, then explore B.
This is better.

> Have a kicking rock I cast light on when I'm exploring

B. first, so as to ensure nothing sneaks up behind me when I start down A.

>go down A
>do things at A
>leave

Literally never ever go down B, no light producing spells or tools, and with my luck the torches are boobytrapped.

Came here to post this. Also, if we have enough manpower, leave some fighting force behind to guard the way back from potential threats from A

>all these people wanting to go to B first

This is why the average adventurer doesn't survive his first dungeon.

Εnlighten us, then.

Mimics errywhere

The dark, indirect, and likely more dangerous path is preferred over the one that let's you quickly make your way through the dungeon, accomplish your goals, and leave all the death and dismemberment behind you.

and instead gets you flanked from behind

Doing this for modern gaming will rapidly get you labelled That GM.

Eh, Zork gives you a warning. Only if you persist down your foolish path does the Grue get you.

It's like a GM asking "are you sure?"

She's Ribbon. She plays games and is cute and is dumb. That's really all there is to know about her.

Ribbon is a now fairly old Veeky Forums character originally from a series of comics called 'Veeky Forums explained,' which lampooned common issues and topics on this board.

She's a small elf whose friends include her Salamander, Rage, and Cestree, a reasonable Succubus. She's petty and a bit daft and prone to disasters. But p. cute.

she's also an elf

I'd explore her passages.

A, because there's less autism there than b.