Age of Sigmar General

>resources
pastebin.com/gBN0SUrK

Silver Tower expansion when edition

Old thread
And where is my Goddess of thigh/feet?

First for Warhammer Fantasy was better setting wise.

So is the lightening Echelon any good?

If I get into this I want an army of donkey dragon riding bretts.

third for this is very true

Threadly reminder that "Nearly infinite Realms" don't make sense in any way.

Where the fuck are new Sylvaneth models?

If they're holding them back for the first monthly white dwarf in september I'm going to be seriously disappointed.

7th for this is pretty true desu. Still willing to let Sigmar do its own thing. My FLGS is actually running a Sigmar campaign (rules-wise) set in an offshoot of the old world, it's alright. Bit easier on the new guys.

I think they say that pieces of the old world were straight up ported to the realms anyway.

So with the AOS™ Summer Campaign™ coming up, how is Mustering Your Dudes™ going?

Joking aside, anyone else trying to get their shit painted up before this starts? It's not actually a requirement for the campaign, I just wanted to have a set of fully painted and based models for the campaign. Funnily enough it decided which alliance I'll be playing for: I went for the one where I've got the best chance of getting all my models done. It turns out taking the easy path does lead to chaos after all...

Getting my little skaven and chaos team ready to play, most are pre painted from the ebayers I got them from, but some are pretty terrible so I've got to redo them.

A part of me wants to wait until points before I buy any more, I'll see what kind of size armies other people are going to use for the campaign first then decide I think.

I got my HE halfway ready, same with my bone zone (still need a sc! Box for the rest + conversion parts), and skellies are quicker to paint. The problem is that I want to represent order, but mostly want to work on my celtic skelebros.

Bloodbound part of my Archaon/Bloodbound/Skyre army completed. Still waiting for my Varangard/Stormfiends to arrive.

Yeah, I'm not buying anything for the campaign (not least of which because I've enough in my backlog already). Only thing I could maybe do with is a general on a monster as I don't have one of those, while they seem pretty common in my area, but should get by without.

It's a bummer. I'd have liked to use my stormcasts to play Order, but the scheme I've picked really requires proper edge highlighting and I'm shit at that, so each one takes an age with all the neatening up stages.

I'll probably take few half-painted HE to fight for order and properly do up my skelebros before using them, with a Legion of Death base, adding skeleton archers, maybe some more skeletons and grave guard, some chariots (fitting for celts) and some heroes; kitbashed necrotect and icon bearer - the royal champion, and priest/necros for buffs/summons.

started painting the empire troops i bought a while back
>53 more free company to go

Painting Dispossessed Duardin. Contemplating a conversion project where I run a Fyreslayer Runefather on Magmadroth, but do a conversion so it's a Dispossessed Lord riding it to keep the army unified and fluffy.

I have half a Start Collecting Seraphon Box and all of Silver Tower to paint before I can even have a go at my chaos dudes. I doubt I'll get it done in time

None of the links have the Grand Alliance Books in them. I want to get spooky with Nagash.

The hell are they?

I'm still trying to find the motivation to even participate. Everytime I go to my LGS all I do is look envious at the others playing with their new toys, while I hold unto my gobos hoping that the scuttlings aren't a terrible vision of the future.

Look, you lot are spiderfuckers, get over it. That's the result.

Nobody will scan the GA books because there is no reason to scan them. All the warscrolls are online and in the AOS app.

If you really want it then go buy it, they are really inexpensive. Death is only $20 CAD

I thought they had new fluff and shit? Is it really just what's in the warscrolls?

Very little fluff. Only worth it if you want physical Warscrolls.

>I thought they had new fluff and shit? Is it really just what's in the warscrolls?

No new fluff. It's literally just for people who want a hard copy of the warscrolls.

WHERE THE FUCK ARE THE ELVES LEAKS LADS

Anyone still playing Warhammer Quest?

Among other projects still painting my Lord of Plagues, about 80% done at this point

Leaks always happen monday - wont happen today

They don't have digital versions, all the books in the pasgebin are just ripped versions of the digital books

Looking good there, handsome.

Im pretty close to having 1 unit of every Seraphon painted. Just need to finish 3 Ripperdactyls, 14 Saurus Guard, a Starseer, and a Sunblood.

Only small pieces, unfortunately. I'd buy them if they had real stuff on elves, but that's apparently coming later.

They have a tiny amount of fluff and some unique batallions. I know some user posted the Order batallions (they are in the pastebin now), so if you ask nicely then I'm sure somebody can post the other ones eventually

hype

There are no unique batallions in the Destruction book, so that's taken care of as well.

I regret nothing!

yeah I'm pretty sure they left it so people could still do whatever they wanted.

I don't get all the concern anyways. You can still play literally any campaign or battle that you could ever want to in WFB

>I don't get all the concern anyways. You can still play literally any campaign or battle that you could ever want to in WFB
But the history and culture no longer exist.

Feuding elector counts and fights over the titles and little tiny bits of land we've come to know over 30 years are all gone.

If they'd come up with something like,
>The old world is at the very center of the realms as a nexus
>Everyone went out to conquer and settle of new realms from the old world and there are gates/portal in the old world

They would have safely assuaged 90% of the butthurt that AoS caused.

Because nobody really hates the idea of overhauling the rules, it's been needed for a long time.

Nobody was really averse to advancing the storyline and adding new lands and peoples for more backstory.

Nobody hated the factions evolving and getting new units.

People hated losing the 30 year old setting and the 200+ novels worth of backstory that many dedicated fans had spent their early adulthood and childhood reading.

GW itself only saw doing away with the old world as necessary to the new plot because of copyright fears.

>because of copyright fears.

What did he mean by this?

so, before, people only ever played campaigns or battles set on the exact present day in the world? Or did people not play battles or even campaigns pretending it was set in the past some time, or even some future war?

Seriously, in the end, this is all just make-believe. You can do whatever you want and justify it.

You want a campaign about feuding elector counts? I'm pretty sure it's perfectly fluffy to say that there are chunks of the old world still around, or even there are plenty of cities and people living in areas who may not even be aware of what's going on, so they might be fighting little wars and rivalries. Why not?

Also, nothing's forcing you to play in the new setting. Just use the new rules and units and shit, and play battles set in that 30 years and 200 novels worth of backstory. Nothing's stopping you.

You didn't lose it.

WHFB is a setting. Its ending doesn't magically makes it disappear. You act like historical settings are pointless because we know their endings.

No, tell us the real reason you are pissed. You are pissed that Chaos won, you salty Orderfag.

Got the Empire Battalion as GW was chucking it out. I'd have them painted if I had bases for all of them. Hoping the Sylvaneth stuff comes soon because it fits perfectly with what I want to do.

Serious answer: They can't copyright things like "The Empire" or "Wood Elves". They can copyright Fyreslayers and whatnot. Same reason Space Marines are called Astartes now and IG are Astra Militarum.

>he unironically considers Endtimes as canon

Look at him! Look at him and laugh!

End Times were a fun ride that I enjoyed immensely.

Like I said, you are a salty ordefag. I rest my case.

>orderfag
>implying I prefer any old army over another
>implying End Times weren't horse shit from beginning to an end and the more you ignore it the better

Working on my Brets for the summer campaign, and I have about 60 peasant bowmen to finish.

That's like your opinion. You are free to ignore it and do as you like. The guys in /WHFB/ are doing it, you should go back there.

To be fair that guy isn't me

>Brets

What's your fluff for them? I mean they might as you for a name and a reason why your dudes are fighting in the Realm of Life.

Going to paint some Wolf Rats for the Pestilens Morbidus force.

Need to add some flanking speed + my gutter runners to deal with artillery and shit

glory to the great corrupter

So is Mallous Lionheart really Leuoncour back from the dead or something?

Is he now?

Do we know if the new ruleset will make the game faster?

I played a tournament last weekend and it was pretty fun, like a slightly dumbed down 40k. But what really irked me was how goddamn slow the game was. Close combat slogs took so long, every assault was a multi turn affair of neverending swinging.

This forced meme isn't even clever

It ought to do? I find that it goes quicker the more games you've played. I certainly always found it faster than WHFB Becaus I could never remember the to hit / to wound table

It runs faster than fantasy overall in my opinion, as in a game of roughly equal size finishes faster in AoS, but while in Fantasy an assault rarely lasts more than 1-2 combat phases, in AoS it takes like 4+.

I don't get it

You were not brought upon this world to 'get it'.

Basically some guy b8ing by claiming that everyone runs mournghuls and 5 nagashes in their army because hurr durr no points

Right, i caved inand got myself an ironjawz army (still need to finish my bloodbound but curse my weakness to shiny...)

I got 100 ish wound army

Gordrakk
Megaboss on foot
Warchanter
Weirdnob
2x 5 Brutes
2x 10 ard boyz

Thinking of making this my campaign army instead of the khorne army i would have gone for normally (still need to paint those goddangit... stupid shiny...)
What do you guys think of it? maybe put the brutes into a big unit and same for the ard boyz?

How does one run 5 nagashes?
Both fluff and economically

say they're from different realms

>Buying 100 wounds of anything in one purchase
>A few weeks before official points get released

Why.

But, that said. 20+ Black orcs is powerful and you get the 1+ bravery

well, to go into more detail:

had 20 black orcs from when i first tried making an orc army in 8th, the 2 orruc boxes i was given cos my friend wasn't interested in them anymore so i gave him some tyranids i had lying around. had a warchanter and megaboos cos i liked the models, and only just bought the weirdnob and gordrakk so i could get 100 wounds army to play games with until the compendium comes out.

also i got all the models cos i like em.

He doesn't.

No one runs more than 1 Nagash if at all. It's just shitposting by butthurt Fantasy fags.

Most AoS players I met were 30+ and veterans of WHFB like me that want to run fair and fluffy battles.
These wannabe that-guys with multiple Nagashes only exist in the realm of grognards imagination.

Looks like a cool army anyway.
Don't get discouraged. Points will only make the game more fair and your army looks good to me for a regular 2h+ game. Would play against.

You don't find a system's flaws by staying within the limits of good taste and trying to play it safe with everyone. The point of the 5+ Nagash lists isn't that people want to run them, but that people *can* run them - It points to a flaw in the system that seems minor at first, but can be exacerbated into larger problems.

The point of the Nagash experiment is to verify that, the lack of balance control can be used to be an asshole or to even just to make new players fall into a trap of cool-but-shitty lists because some models are inherently worse, but there's nothing to actually inform the players of that other than personal experimentation and the wisdom of other players, which might not be a resource that they have available.

No, the Celestant-Prime is.

Don't play against people that field more than one fucking Nagash. What's so hard to understand about this?
As if those people even exist...it's just a rhetorical argument and does not pertain to the real world...

Not that this will not be solved in a matter of weeks and 9th edition fags and KoW wannabes will come crawling back once the pts hit.

Face it. You lost.
GW is on the right track and will collect its lost sheep eventually.

>The point of the Nagash experiment is to verify that, the lack of balance control can be used to be an asshole

No shit. What is every game ever?

You really think people can't be equally dickish back in 8th or 9th age. powergamers exist everywhere.

But literally no one owns 8 Nagashes

"omg they wrote a book where some character or nation dies, that automatically means I can never ever use that character or army again"

Are people actually this retarded?

yeah because those people who use totally tournament-legal 40k armies of Tau riptide-spam, or eldar whatever spam, yeah good thing those restrictions prevent people from gaming it to make OP armies

Yes, yes they are.

Great reading comprehension there, lad, that's exactly what he's been saying.

Just as 40k legally allows you to be a prick by playing two Wraithknights in 1000 points, AoS allows you to play 5 Nagashes and 8 Mournguls.

Guys, I need help. I have 45 skeletons in need of 28mm bases. Where do I buy them from

My LGS has buckets sitting out that they'd collected over the years for all of the disenfranchised WFB players to redo their models.

As your LGS if they've got a bucket of bits in the back.

This is one of my excuses for getting back into tabletop stuff, Building a starter box plus the paint+3 liberators box because the guy I bought the starter from threw it in for £5.

I'm being super slow though, only have 8 Stormy Libs done, Hopefully I'm gonna at least get this starter box finished together and then add in a Knight-Heraldor.

Won't be a big army but atleast I'll have something.

I was going to do khorne bloodbound but i have soo many models to paint that i think ill go with ironjaws which i just got, as they seem like they'll be more fun to paint. And there's less of them

I dont think that'll work. I dont really got to my flgs all that often, and its relatively new for a game store. Besides, since my FLGS is a 30 min. Drive away, its a pain in the butt to check and find out they dont have any.

There's a million places that sell them all over the place.

After playing for years and years with unpainted minis, by now I only play with completely or almost completely painted models because it just looks nicer.

As for Mustering My Dudes:

>bought some Dryads in preparation for the Sylvaneth release. Turns out they have some root bits you can glue onto your bases, which I'll use for...
>Rotbringers are going strong. Going to pick up another box of Blightkings because those roots are gonna make them look even more Realm of Life-y

Surprisingly, I'm hyped for the campaign but not for the outcome. Just like GW, I'm very ambivalent as to how it turns out. On the one hand I want Nurgle to corrupt it all, on the other I want Alarielle to drive the Rotbringers out. Eh, actually I just want a nice equilibrium

Here's to hoping they don't make the Sylvaneth release hinge on Order winning the campaign like
>nope, Alarielle lost, you won't get shiny new Sylvaneth. Sorry not sorry, better luck next time

The War for Ghyran begins soon. This is a call to arms. Let none claim ignorance.

Declare your allegiance to one of the four Great Alliances, Give the title of your commander, give the name of your army, and explain what purpose brought them to the Realm of Life.

Okay, question time; not sure if this belongs in the WIP thread, but...

With Silver Tower and all, I decided to build a Tzeentch army. Among other things, I want to add a Curseling to it (Vilitch as a non-named character).
Now, I adore the Vilitch model, but I have never worked with Finecast before, don't want to start now, wouldn't want the one model I don't want to screw up to be my first try and I want to build my own guy anyway.

So, I thought about how to build my own. I first thought about how to get that mutant Siamese twin look, but then I realized none of Vilitch's rules actually draw attention to that part of his design, so the actually distinctive features are

>he's better armored than the average Wizard
>he has a whole lot of attacks with one weapon being on fire
>he can still cast better than the average Wizard

So I decided to take a Stormcast as base, with a DElder Wrack mask for a face, a huge burning converted glaive in one hand and the other hand held open as if he's about to shoot a magic missile at your face.

Question being, would you let someone field that as a Curseling or would you insist on only the Finecast model getting those rules?

From his citadel in Shyish, Nagash sees all, his will amd power insurmountable in the mortal realms besieged by Chaos. Below him, his Mortarch's hold power over all undead. To become a Mortarch, one must show considerable strength, power, and most of all loyalty to Nagash himself, along with some great feat. Many envy and aspire to such a title, but rarely do any achieve it.

However, as Nurgle lays his eyes on the bounty that is the realm of Life, a oppertunity is presented to the young vampire, Rylza Aserveti, to show her worth to the lord of undeath hinself. If she can in some way stop the plot of Nagash's most hated god, and foil his vile plans to capture Araellie, than most assuredly, a posistion of Mortarch should be only be one of many honors bestowed to her.

Young, manic and most of all, filled with a unwavering, perhaps enslaving loyatly to the lord Undeath, Rylza goes to war leading the skeleton remnants of her former allegiences army, her former king now a wight himself. But it is not Rylza's loyalty and lust for title that drives her army onwards; all the souls risen hold within themselves a undying hate for chaos, for it was the children of Nurgle who poisoned their land and rotted away their flesh with their rancid disease. They follow Rylza in her quest, simply for revenge.

I was reading through the rules for silver tower, and it actually sounds really fun. Is this all a clever ruse from Tzeentch, or is it actually fun?

>Alliance
Chaos.
>Commander
Purebray Iceaxe. An apparently human tzeentchian sorcerer lord, who leads a force of mostly beastmen. If you're wondering about the name, my special snowflake headcanon goes: as a human could randomly give birth to a beastman in old WHFB fluff, so I assumed a beastmen could give birth to an apparently pure human. As a hornless beastman is a "bray", I figured a completely human beastmen is a "purebray", so that's all he was known as a youngster. Mostly these are killed at birth by spiteful gors and ungors, Purebray survived by dint of a leadership challenge distracting the herd, and he was left behind when the herd moved on the next morning. Blah blah blah grows up blah blah takes over old warherd blah. Blah blah wanders the mortal realms conquering shit for Tzeentch blah. Oh, "Iceaxe" is just a chaotic honorific he earned later.
>Army name
>Purebray Iceaxe's warherd. Yeah, really, that's it. I used up my imagination on the dude's name and backstory, okay?
>Why are they in the Realm of Life
To win glory for Tzeentch, and get in the way of Nurgle and his aims. Although I doubt battle results will be that specific, my results will probably all go in a big pot marked "chaos results".

Just got home from my local GW and the manager there gave me some info:

Stormcast are getting a SC box
Bloodbound are getting a SC box
Basically if the faction has plastic models being produced/reboxed right now it will get a SC box
Nagash is 900 points
Archaon is 700 points
Generals Handbook will be $35 CAD

keep posting it, maybe one day your dad will love you

I dont have dudes yet because I cant decide on what to play.

I really wish the GW fucks did "start collecting" for ayyyelves or whatever are they called in AoS

you could say they are just Shards of Nagash

Nagash is a god after all, it doesnt really make sense for him to be a model on a tabletop

cool fluff and interesting idea. What type of tzeentichan colour scheme you going to do?

Thanks! The beastmen have grey skin and blue hair/fur, partially copying a scheme I saw somewhere, just with silver horns because I preferred it to gold when I did a pair of test models. The few WOC types (including Purebray himself) are steel/silver with blue glazing and details, so they match quite nicely. Got a few daemons too, who are blue, unsurprisingly.

>Shards of Nagash
The possibilities...

>Nomad Prince
>2 boxes Eternal Guard
>box of Glade Guard
>Use Wildwood Ranger heads with Glade Guard bodies
>play as Waywatchers/Sisters of the Watch
>make one more special and play as Waywatcher Lord

>Buff Hero who's good in melee
>sniper Hero
>20 * tough melee infantry
>15 * strong shooty infantry

There, great starter army done, not much more expensive than a Start Collecting box.

That actually sounds really nice! You'll have to post pics when your done. I also like the backstory for your warherd, although it does kinds bring up a weird fluff question: In the old world, aside from the one off births, the majority of beastmen were implied to come from pillaging and raping. In AoS though, is it possible for there to be Beastwomen?

looks nice.

>There, great starter army done, not much more expensive than a Start Collecting box.

more than a double of Start Collecting

Will do (although I have shaky hands, so y'all may be a bit unimpressed with the actual results). As to that question, I dunno, hadn't really put too much thought into the actual conception for beastmen because that all gets a bit /d/egenerate. Someone else may well be able to answer though.

>As well as seeing the battle unfold on the diorama, you can recreate the tension on the gaming table, with the Warhammer World exclusive book The Realmgate Wars: Ironwarp Citadel. Get your copy only at Warhammer World and unfurl the narrative with your own collection of miniatures. Who will win out?…

How long before this book starts floating around the internet