Warhammer 40k General

LOOTED EDISHUN

>Rulz data-bazez
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGs..
kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>Oftenly asked questshinz
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edishun quick referens sheet(z) (some are painted red fer more speed!)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7ed..

>Forge-wurld Boox index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apo..

>White Stuntiez
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Priviuz tred

Other urls found in this thread:

forgeworld.co.uk/en-AU/Lucius-Alpha-Pattern-Warlord-Titan-Head
wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Birmingham
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

1st for thoughts on the Bio-titan.

I've always been interested in saving up for a big ass motherfucker, any ever seen it used or just seen the model physically/worked on it?

Anyone know if it's possible to get this model separately? I've only seen it in forgeworld.co.uk/en-AU/Lucius-Alpha-Pattern-Warlord-Titan-Head

I WANNA BE A DREADNOUGHT

I WANNA HAVE A DELIGHTFUL TEA PARTY WITH BJORN, TANCRED, HECATON AIAKOS AND EDWARD "CRABFACE" CULLN

Dark Eldar Ravagers have been unavailable for like a month now. Just how long does it take these fucks to put it in a new box? It's the most used Heavy Support for DEldar and I'm stuck with just one until they decide to restock.

>what is ebay

there's always Amazon or Ebay, though let me take a moment to laugh at your toughest vehicle at 11/11/10. You have a semi-menacing rhino that has to jink if someone fires at it or suffer it exploding because they looked at it funny.

>11/11/10

Take it back!

It just would feel like part of the Dark Eldar if it didn't get you tabled by turn 2 for using it.

I'm a caveman and would rather just buy in store plus amazon has hilarious prices in Canada.

*wouldn't feel
I really should be getting to bed.

You made your bed, now you have to lie in it. Look at this pic, that's your "heavy tank". You don't even get the luxury of a metal box.

There's a forgeworld gun for Deldar that's a D weapon. Just put some random spikey shit of the nose of your Ravager and nobody will be able to tell the difference, because it's Deldar.

Muh darkness will protect my marauding space elves!

Tank* gun. Or maybe it's 'instany kill on a 6' or something. All I know is the fucking thing instant killed my Riptide on turn 1 in a tournament game once. Didn't even get an invulnerable. That got me good and pissed; damn near tabled that fucker's mixed Eldar.

Hey guys would you be able to rate my IG army list. It's gonna be a themed mech army based on Mordian Iron Guard. My main interest is the theme, but I'm curious to know how competitive it is in your opinion (also I refuse to take flyers).

HQ:

Company Command Squad (60) with master of ordnance and astropath (45), vox caster (5), heavy flamer (10), medic pack (15), regimental standard (15), chimera transport (65) Total 215 points

HQ TOTAL: 215

TROOPS:

Infantry Platoon COMD (30), vox caster (5), PL standard (10), medipack (15), chimera (65) Total 125 points.

2x10 Infantry squads (100), SGT with power weapon (30), 2x chimera (130). Total 260 points.

Infantry Platoon COMD (30), vox caster (5), PL standard (10), medipack (15), chimera (65) Total 125 points.

2x10 Infantry squads (100), SGT with power weapon (30), 2x chimera (130). Total 260 points.

TROOP TOTAL: 770

HEAVY:

Leman Russ Squadron (170), two additional leman russ tanks (340). Total 510 points

Hydra Battery (70), one additional hydra (70). Total 140 points

Basilisk Battery (125), one additional basilisk (125). Total 250 points

HEAVY TOTAL: 800

OVERALL TOTAL: 1785 points.

I also have 85 points left over, what suggestions have you guys got to spend the final points on? Any serious amendments required?

Cheers!

>those prices

what the fuck

Pask in a punisher solves a lot of problems, sniper rifles are 'standard' for command squad goons, you can take auto cannons for chimera turrets for 5 points (it's a forgeworld thing, but heavy stubber barrels work just as well), and you can't go wrong putting a flamer in those infantry squads.

Check out the 1d4chan page abouting asking advice, try to trim it down. People giving you advice will know how many points a vox costs or a Chimera.

For the advice:

>Sergeants
Chuck out the power weapon sergeants, they just aren't worth it. Guard Infantry is just not tough enough in melee for the points to be worth it.

>Hydra
Hydras just aren't worth it for the points. A Heavy Wep Squad with a flakk missile is better since you can take two lascannons alongside one flakk missile.

>Command Squad
Medipack and Standard are iffy for the price. The Regimental can be worthwhile, but not the platoon. Medipack isn't worth the price, especially in a Chimera.

>Basilisk
The basilisk is utter shit. I love the model but it's currently awful for the points.

Try cutting the Hydra, medipack, platoon standards. SGT weapons and the basilisk. Fit in some Heavy Weapon Squads of special weapons for your infantry.

All in all, it's not an awful list but it'll not do amazingly in major comp lists. That's not neccessarily your fault, but comp players tend to be min maxing motherfuckers.

YeahI thought about having Pask, but I wanted to avoid having named characters. Besides since the army is more mech infantry then tank I wanted an infantry commander.

Will do the other recommendations however. Are krak grenades worth it?

>Playing DEldar against Tau
>His 10 man fire warrior squad with a fireblade kills an entire unit of wyches that got disembarked because someone destroyed their vehicle.
>The fireblade looks at my Venom
>Kills it by firing two shots from his basic pulse rifle at it

Fuck me and my shitty army. i didn't jink because that shouldn't be able to fucking kill it, holy shit.

Yeah man desu I've only played fantasy never 40k. This is my first time making a list. Ack there are probs better options instead of basilisks/hydras but I'd like to keep them in due to theme. I'll follow the other bits of advice though cheers man.

If it goes average at tourneys that's fine by me!

Also what Leman Russ tank variation should I get? Want them to he anti armour focused!

To be fair, that's your fault for not knowing their codex. Dark Eldar should always be jinking when they're shot at, since Kabalite Warriors can shoot out the top of their transports at full BS even when they do. And Wyches are just flat-out awful, if you want to bring assault units against Tau, go for Incubi or Wracks/Grotesques, or possibly Beastmaster packs.

But Dark Eldar are definitely a mid-bottom army and Tau are one of the most powerful in the game. Blame GW for not being able to balance shit worth a damn.

Battle Cannon is your best bet, in all honesty. Vanquishers are technically the best anti-tank but what it loses isn't worth it. Also if you're kinda going theme wise: Wyverns are a good choice for vehicle artillery. They're currently super cheap for what they give, to the point I feel dirty using them.

They'd be so much better overall if they weren't guardsmen tier of durability. measly save of 5 with toughness 3 ain't saving no one. Doubly so when your ride turns into a huge ass fireball with you still in it.

Sweet well if I go with either that brings points down (put 170 in the list as worst case requirement) so I'll try fit somr wyverns in if I can. Cheers

Nah, you've got a healthy 6 servings of pie for anything that might need krak grenades. Who exactly is a guard Sargent going to kill in a challenge that's not a fucking Tau?
Exactly.
Now, if you take out the power weapon and replace it with a melta bomb you've got something that might, just *might* deal with a melee walker or that third Carnifex from the brood that waddled through all those earth shattering kabooms.

The need the elf stats otherwise you're just playing Marines. I think if we got to fuck around consistently with night fighting rules then we would have a lot more solid of a force.
Anyone have any luck with small units of haywire Scourges? I love the models and using them to nuke a tank seems pretty viable to me.

deepstriking them next to a tank works well in small 5-man groups. Take an archon with a webway portal and you can abuse the heat lances they get as well, just don't expect them to live aftwerward. Though yes, I get that not everything should be toughness 4 save 3 for variety and to help mix up tactics but everything DE get falls apart the moment they start to take return fire so badly that you rarely make it to turn 4 or 5 with anything resembling an army.

Theme-wise? Not enough heavy weapons, add a bunch of autocannon or lascannon squads throughout.
Competitively?
Not awful, but would be rekt instantly by any tourney player worth their salt. Power weapon sarges, stock chimeras, basilisks in general, one blob of three tanks, etc. Melta-Vetmeras would be much more effective in every way as anti-tank than basilisks. Blasts are not-awful but when five of them are hitting two targets, you can be mauled by MSU vehicles and such

Have we seen the rules for the start collecting box? Might have something to help the Deldar out since everything thing in the box is almost an auto take.

Ack will drop power weapon and grab multi grenade!!

*melta bomb

Naw dawg heavy weapon squads don't fit my theme. I'm running mech infantry PLS not mech support PLS. Can't have anything greater then a single man weapon system!

How do I use Trayzin The Infinite? I'm thinking I'm supposed to have a Royal Court, with the one-use only gear, get him stuck in combat (because he's got a melee weapon) and when he dies replace one of the used-up lesser characters with him.

Typical high-power list looks like
Decurion

Legion:
Nemesor (Warlord)
Immortals
Warriors
Warriors + Ghost Ark
Those fucking jetbikes with blast templates
Scythe Lytchguard + Night Scythe

Canoptic Harvest

Royal Court:
Overlord: Scythe & Resurrection Orb
Vanguard Obyron (replaces Lord)
Cryptek: Solar Staff

Nightbringer

Size of units depends on points size of game, can go up to 2k

Da cunnin' plan is for Nemesor to be with the squad Immortals, flanked by two maxed squads of Warriors and backed up by the Nightbringer. Second turn his Trait is changed to +1 reserves, this usually brings in my Scythe, which has the guard and the court, and is a truly epic bullet magnet.

Turn 3 Nemesor changes his trait to 12 inch bubble of Preferred Enemy (when shooting), while the Court kills whatever they deployed next to. After that I have no overall strategy, just turn-by-turn tactics.

I haven't seen anything yet, but it'll be better than the chaos one by far. Anything is better than chaos.

Not the guy currently asking advice for IG, but can IG vets take more than one doctrine? The wording is "choose any of the following" so I don't know if it means multiple or only one.

Trazyn isn't worth supporting, he's just a bad overlord.

Please tell me that isn't meant to be OSL on the left. He looks like he's had a bag of curry powder thrown at him.

Multi grenade... Multi grenade... Have you considered a veteran sqad with dark skinned catachan models, in a two-flamer chimera, armed with a demolition charge, melta gun, and near-suicidal tendencies?.

Gurkhas. Good contrast for Mordians. They were.... startlingly effective in the war.

Cryptek with a solar staff. I need to do his arm.

Well shit, I'm enjoying painting him, don't have any pics (yet).

Ebay

Who is OSL?

>since Kabalite Warriors can shoot out the top of their transports at full BS even when they do

Nope

Read the new FAQs

Those fucking rules aren't official (yet).

Whats the best 30k Mechanicum unit too use as the Adeptus Mechanicus in 40k?

Why is it everytime a boxed set drops with 2 factions duking it out, one box caters to something I want and the other is something that I don't just DON'T want but is also from a faction nobody around me plays?

Because the meta is constantly shifting? Because they want to get rid of stock nobody is buying on it's own? Look back far enough and they've seriously done everything but Marines vs Marines, guard, or mechanicus.

What do we think of GW's hype new marketing department trying to sell stuff based on the rules? I thought this was a model company, what the fuck is this?

The worst is I play both Tau and Necrons and while I need a night scythe (have plans to scratchbuild my own), I fucking hate the look and feel of the Tau flyers and I run infantry anyway.

Has anyone ever used the flyers anyway? I never see anyone even bring them up.

That was under the old leadership. They have new leadership now.

Kirby really fucked it up. Rountree's making things better, slowly.

They played a video game and said 'We need to compete with THIS?!'

They're legit going "buy this if you want to be a WAACfag" while dropping hints to others that they should buy more D shit.

Disgraceful.

>FAQs aren't official

but they are. as in tournaments and most players in pickup games acknowledge them. nobody plays "without FAQs"

It went up today.

had a minor laff when I saw pic related. the website is full of "this unit will obliterate your best friend's anus swer on me mum" atm

Those FAQs *specifically*, the ones that say 'one grenade per squad' and 'you cant jump over the shrine aquilia, so we are implying you cant jump over chest high walls either, because you breath through your mouth'.

Focus on the rules, broken or not, is an improvement.

Or do you want more Nobz in a Naut?

Yeah I figured. Would love to see how they bullshit their way through the CSM descriptions.

>6 vindicator point-blank on ork boy blobs
That must be depressing to watch.

Facebook FAQs aren't in the official FAQ page yet. They were posted on Facebook to get player feedback.

Good thing too, it's the great stormshield shitstorm all over again.

This fragility literally defines what Dark Eldar are. They're supposed to be a glass cannon faction that hits fast and hard but can't take any sort of return blows. The problem is, right now, they're all glass and no cannon. DE need to have their hitting power increased, not their resilience.

We doing memes with GW staff in now?

Yep, someone gave OSL a go and it's not a great example, then again, he is trying and will probably get better you miserable little cunt.

Duncan is not a mere meme, user. He's a living legend, the guide of so many painters, the greatest artiste of our time. Some even say he is the God Emperor of Paintkind.

Bow down to him, user. And remember, always thin your paint.

Met "Fat Bloke" Paul at Salute... and he was a very nasty man :(

Why did all the bald primarchs join chaos? Were they jealous of the big E's fabulous hair?

It's only feedback on if people actually get what they mean this time. This isn't errata where they are changing stuff, this is just them trying to make it clearer what they meant when they wrote the rules. All that will change is wording, I bet you.

He won't get better if nobody points out what's wrong with his current work.

Hairesy. Vulkan gets a pass due to being Vulkan and he could have had hair at one point but got it burned off. Magnus was a ginger but has a soul(rule breaker), Curze has dandruff and went insane, and Fulgrim was raped by Horus in older editions but now was eaten by a sword.

OSL isn't a 'who', but rather a 'what', then... One Source Lighting?

The most constructive criticism I got out of the Necrons facebook page was from some bitch who only said it looked bad, and my colors clashed. That was about it. Not much to work with.

You are correct, but if you are
Then you have failed, miserably, by not pointing out what actually is wrong. That's the 'constructive' part of constructive criticism.

Not Anti-Tank, the x2 designation means it's a prototype in field testing.

There's no anti-armor designation, the closest thing is x8 (ex: XV88 Broadside), which is for "fire support".

Theoretically they could have numbers higher than x9, like we see with the XV104, which is actually XV 10-4, being size class 10. Would get confusing, since they use a bare size class for multipurpose units, ex: XV8 for Crisis Suits that can fill many roles. But I guess we're already three-state is XV22 size class 22 general purpose, or size class 2 prototype? So they can do whatever going forward.

Plasma mortar Thanatar, for that delicious large blast, fuck yo armour and "Gotta re-roll your cover that I just reduced by 1, jinking prick" that Admech needs. Alternatively just give me a Magos Prime with the crazy upgrade selection (Bar the 30k relics of course)

Your colors do clash. Read up on color theory.

OSL is object source lighting, meaning when you have a "glowing" object that spills light onto nearby surfaces. It just takes practice, but a common mistake is inverting the brightness. The glowing object should be a lighter color, and the glow it casts on other objects should be darker.

Interested in expanding my tyranid army a bit to have some different options. How do I best use Raveners, Veeky Forums? Some people I've heard say its best to have a 6-9 model unit to ensure they get into combat, but I don't want to sink that much cash without knowing for sure if they're worth it.

Oh, and specifically, your glowing sun staff:

The spills into crevices, when it should only be hitting raised areas it can actually reach

The light ends very suddenly, it's not a gradient that gets dimmer as it gets further away- the brightness is constant and then just stops

It's too thick, you need thinner layers that allow the underlying color to show through

Rate the names of my Knight Houses.
>House Delegado
>House Delegapo
>House Atriedes

Not subtle.

Being subtle is not my forte. Please note that there is a Forge World Metalica, Battlefleet Baka, and a planet named Birmingham.

Aside from being fully painted I'm not overly proud of the Ghost Ark, but purple and green (and purple and orange) does not clash, those are the colours that go with purple. Case in point.

I will continue to work on the solar cryptek, making the staff itself bright is proving a challenge.

Birmingham has taken hits. wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Birmingham

>I will continue to work on the solar cryptek, making the staff itself bright is proving a challenge.

Here's a two minute shitty mockup that maybe will help

>How do I best use Raveners
By not taking them and spending the points of Shrikes. They cost the same, have pretty much the same profile, but one starts to eat itself when out of synapse and one is a synapse creature

That does help, thanks.

anyone got new Start Collecting formations for boxes released today?

>Birmingham
>BLACK PLANET
>Most of the real birmingham is full of niggers and muzzies

No one on that planet probably knows what they are due to not having nearly sunlight at all. It is a major IG recruiting world and a SM chapter world so it must be doing something right.

I see.

Well, I guess I'll proxy some warriors as shrikes then. Shame that so many tyranid units are literally worthless, raveners have really good looking models.

Deldar syndrome

Thanatar with the Plasma Mortar for a huge, deadly MC, or a "Rape Train" class Triaros transport to carry your dudes to where they need to go.

what the fuck are Wrathborn guys?

AoS dudes who went through the perfume department and ended up in 40k instead of GIANTGOATSMASHER AXESKULLSTORMPALACD.

>PALACE
Fixed.

>those FAQs arent official

Its released by GW you fucking dumbass. Its a hell of a lot more official than any of the homebrew FAQs like the INAQ are. Besides they need people playing it and giving it feedback or guess what, they're gonna assume everything is good and move on. Not playing it because 'its not official! Im totally not ignoring because it breaks my autistic rules lawyering' is idiotic.

Besides, that interpretation was always wrong and you know it. Theres no fucking way the guys should be firing full BS if the vehicle has to snap fire because you jinked.

Get over your little hissy fit and spend that time on a more constructive venture like bitching at GW to give you a more balanced codex. That way you wont have to look up random loopholes to make your army halfway playable.

Has anyone played this? Thinking about getting a W40k board game to play with me mates and this one has the highest ratings

Also any W40K board game recommendations?

imo, you should get the ones off of GW's website if you're looking to play the tabletop as well, as you can use the models in the full game.

I've heard Betrayal at Calth is amazing, and I'm planning on getting it just for the fact that it's around 1,000 points of marines that can be used in 30k.

man I really hope this doesn't become a full blown trend in 40k like it is in sigmar

>what kind of chaos marines you want
>just give me the bloodsmash gorekillers on bonecrusher darkterrors f.a.m.

Is the CSM Lore of Nurgle good enough to warrant ML3 Princes, or is it only for the Deamons variant?