/pfg/ - Pathfinder General

/pfg/ - Pathfinder General

Ultimate Occult will be way better than Ultimate Psionics edition

Get the latest compilation of DSP's monster classes here, now with hound archon and succubus: sendspace.com/file/uanv1c

When asking about build advice, remember to be sure to mention whether or not third party material (3pp) is allowed!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hdPm41ad

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
web.archive.org/web/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/psionic-powers/e/everyman
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/47719513/#47724010
paizo.com/paizo/faq/v5748nruor1fn#v5748eaic9uqg
mega.nz/#F!dsxR3KCJ!tbmlmKB_IsgDtzzrlXkVVQ!p4xAFZZR
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Only because it has a kitsune on it.

I am going to be in a homebrew campaign but mainly stay in Absalom.

What kind of Animal Companion are "normal" in the city? Camel? Axe Beak?

Giant centipede. Wear it wrapped around your torso like armor and get it to spit venom on things out of your sleeves or something.

Oh look, another shitty aborted thread created by the same salty contrarian asshole who hates everything.

Didn't you learn form last time when you tried to make your shitty thread that was promptly abandoned for the last one?

There's more than one poster in every thread, you're not talking to yourself

Is Shareanon dead?

We're all dead inside

We're all skeletons inside.

Spooky.

You gotta give a warning before doing that. Almost had a heart attack

Golarion has psionics, its fluff is 'mumble, mumble people are scared of it.' but other planets are said to have it, especially on the elven planet.

I'll see about grabbing you a screenshot.

So /pfg/, anything you're looking forward to during your next session?

Oh boy I'm sure there's just actual boatloads of information on the other planets too...

I think there's a few paragraphs crammed in the ass end of something per planet? Mostly because elves and their elfgates?

Alright, how bout a thread challenge, then.
Fluff out some "Working Stiff" magewright ish psionics professions. Psychoportic courier, investigator seer, etc. Pay attention to the structure of the organisation, and the training.

More on Ascetic Style question.

Can I use release the charge of touch spell (ie Frostbite) via Quarterstaff or is it still unarmed strike only?

>as well as effects that augment an unarmed strike, as if attacks with the weapon were unarmed attacks.
So maybe? That would be two feats for basically a spell-storing weapon, so that's what you should balance it by. If that's too good then don't allow it. If it's fine, allow it.

What kind of psionicist makes the best prostitute?

Wow, there's more than I recall, there are two whole pages of information on psionics, aren't we blessed?

Were certainly are (you) we certainly are.

d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/psionic-powers/e/everyman
It requires level 4 though.

What book?

PZ01111 Pathfinder Chronicles Campaign Setting.

Thanks.

I'm going to play a Samsaran Druid. What spell should I steal from Cleric/Shaman/Paladin/Inquisitor list?

Invisibility (Inquisitor)
Holy Sword (Paladin)
Blessing of Fervor (Cleric)
Breath of Life (Cleric)
Miracle (Cleric)

Anything else noteworthy? Are there any divine class with mirror image on their spell list?

Anyone have the hell knight PDF? Anything interesting on it?

What happened to my face?!

Hey /pfg/, I've got a question. Let's say you have a Sensei Monk. At level 12 he can use Abundant Step to teleport everyone within 30 feet to a location of his choosing. Is there a point to taking Dimensional Agility, since the allies he teleports will be able to act on their own turns normally?

Critique this please, /pfg/

Weapon Focus (Combat Proficiency)

Choose one weapon group. You can also choose grapple (or ray, if you are a spellcaster) as your weapon for the purposes of this proficiency.

Prerequisites: Base attack bonus +1.

Benefit: You gain a +1 bonus on all attack rolls to your selected weapon group.
Upon reaching 3rd level and every two levels thereafter (5th, 7th, and so on), you gain an increased +1 bonus on all attack rolls you make using the selected weapon from an associated weapon group.

Special: Martial classes begin play with this Proficiency. This proficiency stacks with Weapon Training. A full caster must purchase this as a feat to gain this proficiency.

It just makes martials better at hitting things and doesn't solve their innate problems.

Well, I'm planning on slowly working my way through the different feats; this is just something to begin it all

What innate problems did you want to be solved through Weapon Focus?

Penetrating different DR types? other?

It gives all martials excellent hitting ability forever, and right from the start?
Wat

That's way too strong. It's up to an extra +10 to attacks for a single feat and it scales with level instead of BAB so a Wizard would have no reason not to take it and be just as combat competent as a normal Martial is now.

Make it scale with BAB and reduce it to every 4 BAB (so BAB 1, 5, 9, 13, 17). It's not bad as a buff to Fighters though since they could potentially get a free +5 (or +10) to every weapon they wield with it.

How to overcome immunity to critical hits?
Assume that mythic and DSP are on the table.

You don't unless it's Fortification armor, in which case you sunder it.

FantasyCraft has a bunch of mechanics you could potentially be inspired by

Nice, cheers, yeah, good point
I'll continue to fiddle with it

My PCs will be trying to take over a cult, so that's cool.

Weapon Focus (Combat Proficiency)

Choose one weapon group. You can also choose grapple (or ray, if you are a spellcaster) as your weapon for the purposes of this proficiency.

Prerequisites: Base attack bonus +1.

Benefit: You gain a +1 bonus on all attack rolls to your selected weapon group.
Upon reaching base attack bonus +5 and every 4th base attack bonus thereafter (9th, 13th, 17th and so on), you gain an increased +1 bonus on all attack rolls you make using the selected weapon from an associated weapon group.

Special: Martial classes begin play with this Proficiency. This proficiency stacks with Weapon Training. A full caster must purchase this as a feat to gain this proficiency.

Guys, I'm trying to trim feat trees a bit, so far I thought about making all finessable weapons having innate dex-to-attack and Weapon Finesse giving it to all weapons, Combat Expertise is not a feat anymore, everyone can use it, all Combat Maneuvers are improved by one feat line. Anything else i should add?

More reasonable. Now you have to specify what "martial classes" entails. Classes with 0 casting? Classes with full BAB?

It's probably not worth taking for that reason since, like you said, their actions will be unaffected. On the other hand if you go up to Dimensional Dervish you could start teleporting your allies around instead of yourself during a full attack.

What gestalt combination should I go for if I want to be a Temple Warrior, Paizo only?

How fare your respective campaigns?

The tale of the faerie foxboy, foxgirl, and catgirl in Kingmaker ( archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/47719513/#47724010 ) has, alas, come to a close due to a Skype exchange lasting nine messages.

In our Kingmaker session last week, our party of three 1st-level PCs had rushed straight towards the Stag Lord's fort, infiltrated it flawlessly, and knocked out and restrained every last bandit within the fort.

We were supposed to play this week, but the GM had arrived only during the tail end of the appointed time slot. The GM explained that they were busy with another game, they had completely forgotten about the Kingmaker game, they could not run the game today, and that they could linger to answer questions.

I brought up the topic of XP from the Stag Lord's fort, since that was something we neglected to discuss previously. The GM mentioned that we received full XP for each of the bandits we knocked out in their sleep, but only 1,455 XP for the Stag Lord himself (a CR 6 worth 2,400 XP).

Over the course of nine Skype messages, I protested this and asked why the GM would assign such an arbitrary XP reward for overcoming a major opponent, and the GM would reply with a cryptic "ad hoc adjustment" without further comment. The exchange ended with the GM outright ragequitting and ending the game right then and there.

We had no indicator that the GM was on the brink of quitting outright, let alone that questioning XP rewards would be their last straw. This GM, by the way, was adamant on using XP rewards rather than milestone-based leveling. This incident will forevermore be mysterious to the players who were abandoned.

Thanks brah

Martial classes should ideally include all full BAB types as well as partial casters, their benefit from this proficiency will be diminished slightly

So a magus gains a +3 bonus rather than the full +9 gained by a fighter

Hopefully the session will go without a hitch and we can finally wrap up this story arc. It was left off on a cliffhanger with the last boss fight of the chapter because my internet took a shit, and my fingers are crossed that we can wrap up that fight in the next 1-3 rounds. After that we begin our in-game 3-4 years of downtime/free roaming fucking off period and I've been looking forward to that for almost five months now.

Should be wrapping up within the next few sessions. This shit has been going for a year now, though it doesn't feel that long.

Finally hitting the battle with the BBEG and they're all looking forward to putting him down.

The problem is I want to have a 2 form fight where they have to solve a puzzle to debuff him but I'm out of ideas for the puzzle. Any ideas/inspiration /pfg/?

so lets say I wanted to make a character that increased his size and smashed things with his fists, is the best way to do that still druid/monk multiclass in pathfinder?

>making all finessable weapons having innate dex-to-attack and Weapon Finesse giving it to all weapons
This is a good idea

Have Combat Expertise still be a feat, but it gives Improved Combat Expertise and Greater Combat Expertise based on level, so additional feat sinks are unnecessary

It's been done before, Rasputin from RoW had a big machine that kept him alive. The puzzle should be the second form, otherwise it becomes a one-form fight where the second form is an afterthough.

Brute Vigilante if you want to be awful

SOMEONE
ANYONE
SHAREANON PLS

That's probably not a bad one, although Sacred Fist Warpriest might be better since they natively get 6th level casting for stuff that could improve your size. Or Alchemist, those are good for size increasing. Most of your damage is going to be from flat modifiers anyway, so the loss of damage dice isn't that big of a deal.

See the point is he's supposed to be receiving power from Pazuzu so they're meant to block/break the power in order to finish him off.

So, that's it?

dire rat
dog
junkyard cat (use small cat stats)

Ugh... so only shit tier companion? Dog is super fragile as an companion

Dread, she'll take you places you never knew you wanted to go.

I like the Bruce Banner flavor, but it doesn't look like I can get YUGE. The identity doesn't stack with with enlarge person or anything like that right?

Metamorph Alchemist

It is an island, so I'm sure you can find a burd.

I've got two campaigns; one I'm playing in and one I'm running. The first has been on-going for about 4-5 years and we're almost done with it. Coincidentally, it's also Kingmaker. Our DM has gotten really frustrated with how poorly-written the last book in the AP is, and we've got one player who will have to move out-of-state next month so we're in a hurry to try and finish the campaign before he leaves, but I think we're also excited to be so close to completing this long adventure.

The second campaign one I'm running, like I said, and it's pretty new. Only one session in so far, discounting Session 0. It's for a different group than the one I'm playing the first campaign with, and is an online game instead of a meat space one. It's too early to really say how things are going, but I'm both nervous and excited to see how things will play out.

Enlarge Person doesn't stack with magical effects but Brute Form is Ex

Axe Beak might be the best choice then. It's listed as the second popular mount in town.

Combat expertise requires 13 in what is a dump stat for most partials because lolfuckyou, and no one actually uses it; when anyone takes it, it's because it's a prerequisite for a bunch of other feats. It needs to go.

Someone should post that on the paizo forums

Any more suggestion? I found Dominate Person on Shaman list and Litany of Vengeance on Paladin list. Are those worth taking?

Sorry, but mystic past life only allows you to pick one other class' spell list. For a fullcaster, I recommend inquisitor or paladin. They get high-level spells at a relatively low spell level because they only have partial casting, but it works much better for you.

Deuregar Monk

Harbinger 19-Your maneuvers now ignore immunities on the enemy.

Is it worth making a girl account to post homebrew?

>girl account
What?

>girl account
user...

Giant in the playground, not girl. How the fuck did my autocorrect fuck that up, and why does Veeky Forums never abort a post when I press the button.

Sorry, meant girl account.

I don't see "one other class" restriction.
Maybe I'm blind, but could you elaborate on that?

Then yes.

Hahahahaha

Veeky Forums, create a silly, yet effective build. Bard with Weird Words? Color Spray everything? SHOW ME.

The wording says "another spellcasting class" singular. Not "other spellcasting classes" plural.

Alchemist Vivisectionist as a master chef

Hmm.. I guess I would go with Inquisitor then... maybe pick up stuff that Druid lack.

Divine Power (haste effect)
Break Enchantment
Restoration

Old Lady Stalker with innocuous servant, Mythril Currant, and a set of extra sharp sewing needles.

She gathers info for her party by pretending to be a scullery maid, then knits them comfy sweaters and scarves during their downtime.

Yo, DSPfags, does Raging Hulk work with Invulnerable Rager?
Asking since Paizo recently published a FAQ saying Invulnerable Ragers aren't eligible for the Extra DR rage power due to trading away the Damage Reduction class feature.

Four towers, all based on elements, (fire, water, acid, air)

Towers must be deactivated, smashed, other otherwise neutralized.

As the PCs deactivate them, the others become empowered.

Towers summon enemies and cast spells themed to their element.

Summoned enemies get stronger and spells become more powerful, according to which towers are done last.

Example: Fire tower starts the fight summoning small fire elementals, and casting produce flame, if done last, it might be casting empowered fireballs and summoning large fire elementals.

All towers are proving a shield to BBEG, shield gets weaker as more towers are removed.

General undead antics as we travel across the countryside in our walking undead fortress. We're currently wanted fugitives in said country so fun should occur, seeing how easy we are to spot inside a 3 story tall skeleton.

Which one of them is pic related?

Where is more?

>Invulnerability (Ex): At 2nd level, the invulnerable rager gains DR/— equal to half her barbarian level. This damage reduction is doubled against nonlethal damage. This ability replaces uncanny dodge, improved uncanny dodge, and damage reduction.
>Raging Hulk: For the purpose of level requirements for rage powers or astral suit customizations, add your levels of barbarian and aegis together. Damage reduction from either class stacks. In addition, any time you enter a rage, you can activate augment suit as a free action.

Why wouldn't they work together? Actually the DR should stack already (since both are DR/-), unless Paizo changed that from 3.5.

>Why wouldn't they work together?
paizo.com/paizo/faq/v5748nruor1fn#v5748eaic9uqg
>The rage power refers to the class feature damage reduction, meaning that it doesn’t help invulnerable ragers’ invulnerability class feature. The suggestion for the archetype to take that rage power in the suggested rage powers is in error and will be removed in the next errata.

God damn are they not even pretending to despise martials anymore?

I worded that poorly but you know what I mean, fucking piazo

Yep, at this point they're actively ignoring what the text says.

Fighting those disgusting half-ogres in the Sketter Ditches. And the shadow stirges. And their bristle boars. And bartering with that fat Zhaan-look-alike bloodrager AGAIN..

Alchemist with the Syringe Stirge discovery who creates a number of stirges, uses a Volatile Vaporizer on an infusion of Invisibility, and poses while the stirges seek and destroy.

So for some reason I can't copy and paste the trove link on my phone. Could somebody do a brother a favor?

mega.nz/#F!dsxR3KCJ!tbmlmKB_IsgDtzzrlXkVVQ!p4xAFZZR