What up fa/tg/uys, want to open some EMA?

What up fa/tg/uys, want to open some EMA?

We are going to open this box in pools of 6 boosters, then build a 40 card deck for each pool. I'm terrible at sealed, and really not that good at magic in general. Any input, critiques, or discussion is always welcomed!

Other urls found in this thread:

mtgprice.com/sets/Legends/The_Tabernacle_at_Pendrell_Vale
shop.tcgplayer.com/magic/eternal-masters/worldgorger-dragon
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Updates will be slow, so bare with me!

Other than the big name cards, I'm pretty unfamiliar with this set, and will be reading every card. When I'm done, these cards will be used for jank EDH decks.

Messy.

That's better.

Draft directions from Wizards.

Dont do it op. I opened a mythic, foil mythic pack that still wasnt worth the pack.

Fucking foil worldgorger dragon.

Booster packs.

Yes, variation is huge in the eternal reprint sets!

If nothing else, its got some nice EDH playables.

Back of the packs.

One of the packs has this line at the top.

There are a few in the box that have it. All with the same artwork.

Maybe this means they are all from some sort of sequential print order?

So we will select all 4 'lined' packs we have for our first sealed pool. Plus the first two packs from the left row.

Pack one. Foil is bottom left. To the immediate right is the rare. And then uncommons and commons grouped together.

Some pretty good green cards in this pack! Strongest color so far.

Foiling.

>sylvan library
Nice, looks like you need a green edh deck

>Firebolt
im so sorry

Pack two.

Green still looking good. Even got some green ramp if I go green black.

The scepter sounds fun as shit to play with!

I opened one pack as a joke and all I got was Diminishing Returns. Traded it to a blue player for a sylvan advocate so meh.

Foiling.

I got a jace, sneak attack,vampiric tutor, and enlightened tutor among others from my box

bump

Nice to know I lost.

Build G/R

Why the fuck are there token cards in booster packs?
- never have held a real magic card in his hand

Pack 3, mythic! Don't have that card, I'll take it.

If I understand it correctly, you basically can draw as many cards as life you are willing to pay?

So you can have tokens for the card generating tokens in the set

Foiling.

If I pull 4 of these, I'd be dumb enough to try to put 4 1-1s into my deck.

While at it, tell me more about expansions. I have played Magic Duels, and I noticed that OP has some cards from the game like Gravedigger. So what's the point of the same card being in different expansions?

It's a bit more complicated than that but you're right

It's also one of the best black card ever

>Necropotence
nice

There is different format in Magic and they allow different sets
For example, Modern allow only sets with the modern border (since Mirrodin) but Standard only allow the last 4 sets or so
So having a card in different expansion allows it to be playable in different formats

Also, it helps adding new cars to the market. Some of the cards in Eternal Masters weren't printed since forever and are in need of new version

So cards pre-Mirrodin are pretty much worthless? Because the most popular formats are Modern and Standard.

>So cards pre-Mirrodin are pretty much worthless?
That's not true at all
Some of the most broken cards in existence come from that time
Also, they are only a limited number of them, since they were printed a long time ago
Vintage and Legacy are the format that uses them and they cost more to get into than Modern and Standard

First pick library for draw?

Pack 4. Well, I think I'd want to run mystical tutor in about every blue EDH deck.

Chain Lightning plus scepter seems pretty close to the dream for sealed! And a Kird Ape? I'm liking GR!

thx OP

Foiling. Neat art!

>So cards pre-Mirrodin are pretty much worthless?
mtgprice.com/sets/Legends/The_Tabernacle_at_Pendrell_Vale
this is one of MANY valueable cards pre-Mirrodin.

Pack 5.

Xantid Swarm seems pretty disruptive if you get him out early!

chains a sorcery m8 cant be isochroned sadly.
Looks real good honestly

Foiling.

Ah balls. So close to being bonkers!

that pack had all nice uncommons

Pack 6, last pack of the sealed pool.

Yep, want to play Charbelcher. Do you have to pick a target before you flip cards?

Very nice foiling!

Brb, building a sealed pool. Probably RG!

>Do you have to pick a target before you flip cards?
No, read the card again.

No, open more packs.

Well, I think this is going to turn out a bit wonky, and less creatures than I would like, but this is what I'd play!

Red.

Colorless/multi.

Then just go straight for the face with everything I've got. Think this deck would be any good?

Alright, going to take a break and do a hearthstone arena run. I'll be back and will make another sealed pool in this thread afterwards. I don't want to just blow through and open all the fun right at once!

And a rollup of the deck.

Be back a bit later!

Foil Worldgorger is $15 ya fuckin clod

Looks kinda shit honestly, you chose combat trick pumps over access to aura pumps, and your bloodbraid is kinda boring. You had a reasonable amount of elf love that you've completely ignored, and honden of life's web is game winning.

Looks like a deck that'd be really fun to play.

Yes, but who would buy one? It's objectively the worst card to put in the mythic slot. If it gets pacifism'd you lost.

SCG is buying for 8$
I'm sure you have 2$ worth of other cards in the pack, stop being a whiny little bitch and go be something.

Well thats fucking odd. I did not notice mtg familiar was giving me the nonfoil price. Are there literally no eternal masters foil worldgorgers on tcg?

shop.tcgplayer.com/magic/eternal-masters/worldgorger-dragon
Look at the page ya fuckin guy

There are worse mythics in eternal masters. It wasn't a sphinx of the steel wind. Quit crying over your useful combo piece.

I'm not him but how do you use it as a combo piece?

>Useful combo piece
>A card that clears your entire board and hand is in any way able to have a combo.

If they changed it to a 3/4 and "exile all other permanents" it would be good. But it's shit as it is.

>shop.tcgplayer.com/magic/eternal-masters/worldgorger-dragon
Doesn't clear hand. I can see how it could help combo off but I don't quite see how

Animate Dead. Everything goes in and out of play as many times as you want.

Maybe have omnath rage guy and a bunch of lands out when you cast him, then use life's legacy to sac him and draw 7 cards and have a dozen 5/5 haste elementals.

>If it gets pacifism'd you lost.

You're not supposed to use it as a creature, doofus. Worldgorger Dragon is an infinite mana combo with Animate Dead or a similar reanimation card.

That said, it's not a very strong combo anymore. It was banned for a while, but after it got unbanned, nobody played it.

Yea, actually you do. Any time a spell or ability has the word target, targets are declared as part of putting that spell out ability on the stack.
So you announce activating, choose target, and wen it resolves you start flipping

This pool screams blue green to me. Isochron scepter plus counterspell is the strongest thing you can do in this format. Play all the green elves, invigorate and all the good blue creatures. You also have lands to splash a little black if you want to splash tragic slip, cabal therapy or innocent blood.

Damn you're right, I was going to yell at you but I just checked oracle text and they have a ruling ten days ago that you're right.

>not playing BG elves splashing blue for card draw
nigga you hella dumb.

2 Elvish Vanguard
1 Shaman of the Pack
2 Lys Alana Huntmaster
2 Plague Witch
1 Civic Wayfinder
1 Thornweald Archer
1 Brawn
2 Centaur Chieftain
1 Trygon Predator
1 Glacial Wall

1 Oona's Grace
2 Sylvan Might
2 Innocent Blood
1 Sylvan Library
1 Memory Lapse
1 Tragic Slip
1 Invigorate

1 Jungle Hollow
1 Thornwood Falls
1 Dismal Backwater
1 Island
3 Swamp
10 Forest

1 Brawn
1 Ingester
1 Spider
2 Elvish Vanguard
1 Thornweald Archer
2 Huntmaster
1 Looter
1 man o war
2 Centaur
1 Skaab
1 Trigon predator

1 Sylvan lib
1 Mask
1 Honden
1 Isochron

1 Sylvan Might
1 Deep Analysis
1 Invigorate
1 Counterspell
1 Memory Lapse

is 23. you also have natures claim or splash black or red as options.

My issue with stick is there are so few good targets for it. (obv counterspell and memory lapse are great, but mystical tutor is the only other target in blue, and there are very few good targets in other colors - tragic slip's probably the best of them) If we had a 3rd counterspell, a second tragic slip, or a fog then I could really justify it. As is, not so great in this pool. Also when you have 3 gainlands that complete a wedge/shard, you need a VERY compelling reason to not play those colors.

Fucking newfags, I swear

Back with sealed pool number 2.

Maybe you guys will like my deck better this time!

Ooh play the Burning Vengeance deck it is SO GOOD

Animate dead targeting it gives you infinite mana. If there are no other targets for animate dead to break to the loop with the game auto-draws.

Calling foil pyrokinesis (or whatever that red FoW is).

Op, Burning Vengeance lines up with your Firebolts and Flashback Overrun card so hard.

HOLY PACK BATMAN!

Dayum. Show me dat elephant.

All of pack one.

Now I want to play blue, just to play FoW.

Elephant as requested.

Oooooo!

Very cool foil!

Also a $30 foil.

Pack 2.

A commander!

Super nice foil!

Pack three.

Don't have an Orb!

Wait. EVERY pack has a foil?

Foiling.

Yep!

Yes

Same for modern mastes

While opening pack four, almost got a miscut!

I wonder how bad of a centering score I could get if I get this graded?

Pack four. Mythic!

I dunno, balance seems okay?

Neat foil!

Pack five.

Everyone likes a hole!

Foiling.

Hard to get a good picture of this one.

And pack six. Final pack of the pool!

Haven't a clue what to play. Gonna start by looking at black and blue. I feel like those were fairly strong colors.