>Playing?
>Brewing?
>Favorite deck?
>Your local Meta?
>Next MTG Purchase?

The updated Modern Metagame is below.

Other urls found in this thread:

modernnexus.com/topdecks/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VwzQKE-QTxRqzZjZ2n0o1Cp80enNcYQACf3d7xlsVDc/pubhtml
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/blueblack-horror-4/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The overall Modern Metagame.

Information on Tiers and how they're calculated:
modernnexus.com/topdecks/

Direct link to the spreadsheet:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VwzQKE-QTxRqzZjZ2n0o1Cp80enNcYQACf3d7xlsVDc/pubhtml

The paper Modern Metagame.

Reminder if you play with fakes you deserve anything bad that happens to you

Unban dark depths when

>Playing?
Jeskai Harbinger, Grixis Control/Midrange, Kiki-Chord.
>Brewing?
Jeskai Kiki-Harbinger.
>Favorite deck?
The above 3.
>Your local Meta?
Tier 1 minus Affinity, Tier 2 minus Merfolk + Ad Nauseam, and all Tier 3.
>Next MTG Purchase?
Possibly the new Emerakul from Eldrich Moon.

Thoughts on Abzan Blink ? Some guy did fairly well with it at one SGC and since I see it pop here and there online.

Seems a lot of fun too.

Here's a sample deck for references.

>Anything bad
Like wasting 150 dollars on a cardboard piece?

Need some feedback on my Eldrazi and Taxes brew.

Creature (30)
2x Dryad Militant
3x Eldrazi Displacer
3x Flickerwisp
4x Leonin Arbiter
2x Reality Smasher
4x Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
4x Thought-Knot Seer
4x Tidehollow Sculler
4x Wasteland Strangler

Land (21)
4x Caves of Koilos
4x Eldrazi Temple
4x Ghost Quarter
3x Godless Shrine
4x Plains
1x Shambling Vent
1x Swamp

Artifact (5)
4x AEther Vial
1x Relic of Progenitus

Instant (4)
4x Path to Exile

Sideboard (15)
2x Kataki, War's Wage
2x Kor Firewalker
2x Leonin Relic-Warder
3x Rest in Peace
2x Sin Collector
2x Spellskite
2x Zealous Persecution

Any tips welcome

>storm appears at bottom of paper tier 3
BANS WHEN?

I hope I'm not being dense but why is Emrakul in the deck?

Nahiri, you dummy.

Would a card like this help to make a delver a stronger deck?

Fuck off.

>In the sake of modern diversity, we have decided to ban serum visons

Delver is good. You just have to pretend it's legacy.
RUG with Disrupting shoals

In this brew Nahiri can tutor up either an Emrakul or a combo piece depending on your current board-state. The 2x Deceiver and 1x Pestermite can tap problematic creatures or artifacts for Nahiri to exile. The Restoration Angels increase synergy with all creatures.

looks like a pretty tight list. I would consider dismember over path just because you could probably afford the life loss.

if you flicker emrakul with angel the nahiri trigger to return it to your hand no longer works right?

Just purchased Zendikar fetches and goyfs from chinaman

Feels great

Yes, you keep the Emrakul in play.

How much did you end up paying ?

97 usd
Also grabbed 3 leyline of sanctity

I mean I guess it's cheaper than the real cards but paying $100 for cards that you can't even use in gps seems loose...

>can't even use in gps
People use fakes all the time.

I don't go to GPs. It's better than 1000+ dollars for me

yeah but if your opponent isn't a nub and notices you get dq'd

if you don't go to gps or other tournaments where someone will notice a fake then why the fuck do you need a tier 1 deck

>need a tier 1 deck
I don't need one I enjoy playing with these cards. Why are you upset?

it just seems loose to me, spending that much money on fakes. your cash though so I guess it doesn't matter.

>yeah but if your opponent isn't a nub and notices you get dq'd
Not him but honestly, the modern 2 set from villa is really good. Especially the fetches

Double sleeve that shit and nobody is gonna say anything

thoughts on my deck for casual play?
how had will I get dumped on?
what should I change?
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/blueblack-horror-4/

hard*

You have nowhere near enough instants or sorceries to make delver flip reliably. Let alone thing in the ice

what should i swap

Anyone ?

This is now bootleg general

>Temple of Mystery
why

How much should it cost?

I would cut the reality smashers for a 4th wisp and a 4th displacer but I've literally never played with or against this deck so keep that in mind

About the same price really, not more than 500$

Every list seem to run them so idk. Maybe I could cut the dryad Militants, which are my personal addition to the deck and felt a good choice against spell hevy matchups.

The dryad militant seems like a nice touch, but i think youre playing too many one-drops. I might cut relic too, as there are already enough cards that enable Wasteland Stranglr.

What do you think of Warden of the Beyond?

3 mana 4/4 is bad against 2 mana 4/5

What is the website to chinaman? And do you have comparisons between Real and fake?

Villa zheng YouTube.
His email is there

Yhea maybe I should get rid of relic for a fourth displacer.

So, Jund seems to be a very popular deck but what about Junk and Mardu ? They are kinda similar in their cardpool and gameplan.

Could someone give me a rundown of the strenghts and weaknesses of these decks compared to Jund ?

Any interesting FNM stories?

>that guy who carries around a bootleg legacy deck and tries to convince others it's real

>Abzan
Does fine.
>Mardu
Can't run Abrupt Decay.

>junk is now tier3

why live.

junk is tier 1 bud just gotta play anafenza and viscera seer instead of goyf and rhino :^)

>Junk
Has Path to Exile. Grinds you with creatures like Siege Rhino or Lingering Souls. It can go aggressive with Loxodon Smiter, and Wilt-Leaf Liege. Has a ton of value creatures in G/W like Kitchen Finks, Voice of Resurgence, and Knight of the Reliquary. No Lightning Bolt, or Kologhan's Command.

>Mardu
Also runs Path to Exile. Usually more of a tempo deck. Can switch gears from being responsive to aggressive with Lightning Bolt and tokens generated with Young Pyrmancer and Lingering Souls. It has access to some of the best planeswalkers in Modern: Liliana of the Veil, Ajani Vengeant, Nahiri, the Harbinger, and arguably Sorin, Solemn Visitor. The drawback is that its creatures are fairly fragile and that it can't run Abrupt Decay, one of the best removal spells in Modern.

Look, I posted it again

I wasn't talking about your shit deck. This pile is awful

that's a hot meme friend
Honestly though I don't think UR delver is that bad right now, I think it's favored against jund, abzan, and infect. I've been playing this list and it feels pretty decent. Yung Peezy is a pretty unfair magic card.

>spending that much money on fakes
Yet somehow spending that much on "authentic" cardboard feels so much better?

Zheng goes for like $3 a card, you can get an entire set of duals and fetches for less than the cost of a single Scalding Tarn.

If you get deck checked, you're an idiot. Literally every criticism of the quality of current fakes are only relevant to assholes trying to buylist/trade them off.

Is Junk even bad in this meta or is it just that people who play those colors prefer the chord decks?

Would a card like this see play in modern?

>If you get deck checked, you're an idiot
What do you mean by this?

>Eldrazi Tier 3
>Storm Tier 3
>Delver doesn't exist

C o m p e t i t i v e D i v e r s i t y, DCI bans cards, not decks, right?

(You)

Is Abrupt Decay so important that it ruins Mardu not playing it ? Mardu has Terminate, which is just barely inferior if you consider that it isn't really relevant in matchups where it can be countered anyway.

I think what handicaps Mardu is more the lack of Goyf than the fact it can't run Abrupt Decay. But again, Pyromancer is a fine replacement imho. Maybe if wizards ever print a good red beater at two mana Mardu will prevail

>Terminate, which is just barely inferior
El Oh El

You really think it's comparable? The uncounterable part isn't why it's great in modern

What non-creature permanents are even worth destroying anyway. Don't say Lili, because you can bolt her.

Unless you play against some frindge decks like lantern, not that much.

Also, if Abrupt Decay is so important, why most Jund lists run only 2 of them mainboard instead of a full playset ?

Blood moon
Most of affinity
LILI - why use terminate you can just bolt everything lmao
Chalice
Vial
Shackles
So on

>What non-creature permanents are even worth destroying anyway
Cranial Plating, Aether Vial, Liliana of the Veil, Oblivion Stone. And I mean, the fact that it also hits most creatures on top of this is sort of the reason. You're also automatically protected against any rogue decks that come along. Someone's brought Jeskai Ascendancy? You're fine. Faeries? Eat shit Bitterblossom.

Ok I concede to you that it is indeed very efficient.

I'm still sceptical about the fact that not having access to 2 cards of a 60 cards decks invalidates Mardu, especially when it still has some efficient answers to basically everything postboard.

Mardu isn't bad. It's just GB is grossly powerful and efficient with its card combinations and sheer power.

It has answers to everything, but not answers to anything. You're playing a worse Jund/Abzan in game 1, then boarding to be no better than them. Don't get me wrong I tried to make a grindy Margu deck a while back, but you just lack the raw dumb power of GBx. Butcher of the Horde is a sweet 4 drop that threatens to have lifelink, Vault of the Archangel is insane with Young Pyromancer/Lingering Souls/Grim Lavamancer, Kher Keep blocks a Goyf forever and can pick up your Batterskull, but damn son you just don't have the answers. The deck might be better now than fair decks seem to be doing well.

Mardu looks very strong right now user.
LOOK AT THESE GOODSTUFFS
-Bolt
-Path
-Helix
-Terminate
-Lilly
-Inquisition/Thoughtseize
-Lingering Souls
-Bob
-Kcommand
-Painful Truths
-Anguished Unmaking
-Timely Reinforcements
...And many more!

Helix is the only one exclusive to mardu

The rest can be slotted intoJund or junk

With SoI, Mardu can also run the Nahiri combo, something that Jund and Junk can't do.

But then, Jeskai seems more fit to do that so it might be a waste of space.

>Muh Nuheeree
Slowly dropping in price ever since SCG offloaded their hoard.

But Jeskai harbinger did well, what are you talking about.

what do you guys wager is the chance mox opal will be the next ban? im thinking about making an affinity deck but to me it seems that mox is the best target for a future ban

Source? Your ass?

Mtggoldfish and mtgtop8

You're fine for the summer. Start worrying when Kaladesh spoilers hit.

Affinity will get nothing good from that set

to have the changeling type it would have to be a tribal instant. Would you custom card shitters at least try?

Probably not until next year. But imo thats still unlikely because Modern stopped being a Protour format, and Affinity is very easily hated out.

>but you need to sideboard cards for Affinity exclusively!
Affinity is the greatest threat running artifacts yes but there's also Lantern Control and all those Thopter Foundry and Swords of the Meek decks so the artifact hate is not exclusive to Affinity.

Its also only below 5% of the meta.

Modern is a better format now that Twin is gone

>Look mommy, i told them!!

Lol you're mad as fuck

true

what impact would Counterspell have in Modern?

Do you think that the Kaladesh block will bring back Artifacts dominance like Mirrodin did back in the days ?

Is GW Hatebears still playable? A good idea?

yes and yes, but I think you might want to play Eldrazi and Taxes instead : similar gameplay but seems to score better.

God no. It'll be lame pnk clones and anything good will be overcosted because they're afraid it may be good

IDK man, look at OGW, they made Eldrazi so strong they had to make an emergency ban and even after that, new eldrazi cards are still played in Modern and even Legacy.

I would not be surprised if they printed some fine card for standard but stupidly broken in Modern because Artifact synergy and then we'll have a Darksteel catastrophy all over again.

Is Shadow over innistrad any good?

None

Mana leak is better cuz it's more splashable

>emergency ban
No. That would have been the appropriate thing to do. Instead they let the format suffer for months

LET THE META ADAPT IT'S JUST A BRANK PRO

Hey guys. Currently I have an older based Gargageddon modern deck. Im wondering if anyone has any ideas on things to pump it up, make it a bit better. I know Gargageddon isnt really even tiered but i always thought it was a fun deck and can still hold its own against some of the better decks in the modern meta. Any suggestions?

This is what wizards thought. They assumed the meta would adapt. Nothing changed though and eldrazi BECAME the meta for a while.

DEEPEST LORE

Unban twin and pod.
Best meta

r8 m8s