Are there ANY systems based on fighting games?

Are there ANY systems based on fighting games?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LIHNowFynb4
youtube.com/watch?v=VAzlVHVov1E
twitter.com/AnonBabble

A few.

Thrash, Street Fighter the Storyteller Game, and FIGHT! are the big three.

Do you want a system adapting the mechanics aspect or the feel aspect? Because I ran what is effectively cyberpunk wuxia Tekken in Legends of the Wulin.

For RPGs, there's Thrash, Fight!, and an old Street Fighter game built on Storyteller.
There's also a pretty fun game called BattleCon if you want something that's literally a tabletop fighting game.

Well, I guess I'm looking for something that is sort of like "Aberrant" but adapted to emulate a sort of low-key fighting game, like MK, or King of Fighters.

Are there any systems where it has like, separate classes of enemies, like the Big-bads who you can one-on-one and then the mooks who you can fight en-mass?

>low-key
>MK
Yes, ripping people into pieces to comically over the top amounts of gore is so very low-key.
>King of Fighters
user, KoF's plotlines include everything from an ancient Japanese snake deity trying to destroy the world, to an evil syndicate with orbital laser satellites which apparently needs combat data from a bunch of martial artists in order to make its army unstoppable. The games are anything but low-key.

>is very low key

Compared to the likes of Dragon Ball Z and what you can do in general in Aberrant, it actually is.

>The games are anything but low-key.

The plots can be ridiculous. Just because there's cosmic entities that shatter entire dimensions in Call of Cthulhu doesn't mean that the game presents its horror in a "low key" fashion where even a bloody corpse can cause a character to panic.

Doesn't mean that the game DOESN'T present its horror in a low key fashion*

Low key or not, this topic interests me as well.

FIGHT! isn't a great system for emulating a more "grounded" style of play.

I think what he's looking for is something more along the lines of this:

youtube.com/watch?v=LIHNowFynb4

>Compared to the likes of Dragon Ball Z
user, you said "low-key fighting game", which implies low-key FOR A FIGHTING GAME, which KoF and MK are most assuredly not.
MK's all about its over-the-top presentation and style, while KoF has a scene where THIS happens:
youtube.com/watch?v=VAzlVHVov1E
Yeah. Takuma Sakazaki just deflected an orbital superlaser. Low-key my fucking ass.

I have an arcade game based system, with a fighting game as one of it's modes. Uses a die pool mechanic and has a movement/accuracy/evasion speed allocation. It's pretty simple and doesn't cover all the intricacies of a fighting game but the system works. Basically all I would need to do is build some characters and moves and it would be playable, if there's any interest.

>user, you said "low-key fighting game", which implies low-key FOR A FIGHTING GAME, which KoF and MK are most assuredly not

There are DBZ fighting games, as are there Naruto and One Piece fighting games.

>Low-key my fucking ass.

Okay? Make a big deal about it why don't you?

>tripfagging
For what? There aren't much people who'll false-flag anyways

>There are DBZ fighting games, as are there Naruto and One Piece fighting games.
Those are licensed games. They're not the norm.

>complaining about someone using a tripcode properly

Literally kill yourself.

I'm not complaining, I just asked a question. Why are people in internet always so angry.

I dunno

Regardless, I'm looking for system either allows, or includes, exceptionalism.

Not to the point where everyone and their mother is capable of flying rooftop to rooftop, or blowing up planets or destroying entire cities, but being able to inflict localized damage.

Does Thrash allow for the use of improvised weapons, or weapons in general?

Here, have shitty unfinished homebrew idea. I think I'll finish tomorrow.

hey gu7ys im gay

You certainly are, namefag.

Martial arts homebrew here for the Veeky Forums 24-hour RPG. Works as a general system.

I think I might make a homebrew full-fledged system over summer until I go back to college.

Just trying to think of how I should start it, whether I should have the core of my system based around attributes, skills, or a specific dice system.

>Are there any systems where it has like, separate classes of enemies, like the Big-bads who you can one-on-one and then the mooks who you can fight en-mass?
Fight! has this explicitly in the core rules. Over-levelled "Boss Mode" enemies too.

See you can make critical and normal enemies

I saw a game called Musha Shugyo while browsing around on DTRPG earlier today. I haven't looked at it at all beyond what it's about, but it's a tabletop fighting game/RPG.