Fey

>fey
>feyrie
>fae
>faerie
>faery
>faie
>faierie

The fuck is wrong with just using fairy, for fuck's sake? Y'all worried your groups're gonna think you're queer? So sick of this fucking trend in TTRPGS. Makes me feel like some gothed-up deviant is writing the flavor text with his goddamn spunk.

fey
feyrie
fae
faerie
faery
faie
faierie

Thread then?

Why would one of the Fae ever stick to a single name for their kind for long? It seems perfectly in character for the fairy folk to me, those elven lords of fey myths and faerie stories.

Elves are not fey. That's another meme trend that needs to die.

Uh, nope. Methodologically and etymologically, elves and fae are descended from the same direct root. Them becoming separate entities was a weird mutation which has ended up self correcting as the diverging concepts have come back together in the modern context.

You're fucking dumb kid, go home.

Get fucked son. That's dogshit, especially these dire fucking Tolkien elves. The Aos Si are not elves.

Fairy doesn't sound cool or dangerous enough for them

>Wikipedia for Aos Si:
>The aos sí ([eːs ˈʃiː], older form aes sídhe [eːs ˈʃiːðʲə]) is the Irish term for a supernatural race in Irish mythology and Scottish mythology (usually spelled Sìth, however pronounced the same), comparable to the fairies or elves.
Hm
>They are said to live underground in fairy mounds, across the western sea, or in an invisible world that coexists with the world of humans.
>fairy mounds
Hmm
>Often they are not named directly, but rather spoken of as "The Good Neighbors", "The Fair Folk", or simply "The Folk".
Hmmm
>Aos sí are sometimes seen as fierce guardians of their abodes—whether a fairy hill, a fairy ring, a special tree (often a hawthorn) or a particular loch or wood.

Perhaps your argument would be a little more clear if you made clear what does or does not constitute a "fairy," justify it in a mythological context, and distinguish it explicitly from that which historically constitutes an elf. Since the other people ITT don't seem to think that's possible (myself included), such an explanation ought to definitively prove your point.

Fairies and Fae are usually used to represent two different things, due to the split in "Fae were scary creatures, who thought nothing like how Mortals think" and "Fairies are cut pixie creatures who are well intentioned, but sometimes mischievous"

Some of the spellings are just alternative spellings, like Color or Colour

Others are stupidity yes.

>wikipedia
lul

I mean, I can probably pull the individual sources if you really want me to.

The real problem with that post, I realize now, is that I responded to user's post about how Aos Si are not elves with a lot of quotes, most of which talked about how Aos Si are fairies. That was a mistake on my part, so my bad on that one.

They're all just different ways of describing feyfolk from different cultures both IRL and in our campaign/worlds. It'd be like that for all monsters but you faggots only ever discuss the fey. And btw "fairy/faerie/etc." is usually used for small folk with wings, like pixies and sprites.

Also this

The Seelie Fae were more or less the same as elves from Germanic myth. However, in Veeky Forums whether elves are fae or not depends entirely on the setting. There is no sense in saying "X is Y, not Z" as if it were a universal truth.

Wikipedia is still more authoratitive than some random chucklefuck on Veeky Forums, user. :^)

>The fuck is wrong with just using fairy, for fuck's sake?

Because words have cultural contexts, something you would understand if you didn't have autism.

>Their
>There
>They're
The fuck is wrong with using different sounds for different words with different meanings? I mean, it's not like languages weren't designed without any sort of direction and it's not like there's billions of people who could have different ideas of how a word is meant to be.

I mean, next you're going to tell me that there's two countries that speak the same language yet don't spell words the same way due to cultural differences and drift. I mean, come on.

So for the fully autistic like OP we should cover all our bases with "faieyriey"

Blame English

We simply use "fée".

Better question, Anons.

Your character gets lost in the forest, separated from their companion, and stumbles on a fae banquet. They're welcomed cheerfully and offered a meal. Do they accept?

All fairies are fey, but not all fey are fairies.

Also, because your mom is is a cock sucking whore, and your dad's butt hole services the local pride village on regular occasion.

Fairy at this point means a specific type of fae. You'd hardly call what is commonly called "fey" in D&D a fairy, sans possibly Pixies and Leprechauns.

Call them Vila or Vilenjak (by gender) as the Slavs do.

That isn't really equivalent because those words mean different things

>coon
>nigger
>negro
>african american
>POC

Would work much the same way since the fae are right little bastards and their name ends up associated with right little bastardry.