Kolbold Civ Thread

Hello! Some of you might remember I did a few threads a few months ago, but had to stop due to IRL stuff. Now that I am back, we shall return!

After exile from the mountain in which the Great Clans live, the group of 30 Red-Scaled Kolbolds traveled for what seems like years, braving desserts and marshes, empty expanses and huge mountains, until they come across a jungle, and tired of running, decided to settle down. It has been 5 years since that exile, and since then, they have become one with the jungle.

Here is the gist of what happened.
>Lizard-Men attacked, with their tryanical leader weilding lightning magic. After a bloody war, the kolbolds killed the leader and set the Lizard-Men free into their new settlement.
>The capital was named Thunder's Bane, after the death of the Lizard-Man tyrant, and other settlements were founded, Crocksylvania and Triumph.
>Magic was discovered, and after and Blue Scaled Kolbold was found, Magic seemed to depend of the color of scales.
>A religion was founded and based on the Magic and The Elder Wurms, The Last Breath of The Elder Wurms.
>Buildings were built, including a giant tree for the populace and a Temple to the Wurms
>Hybrids were created of Crocodiles and Kolbolds, Crolbolds, and after Wyverns were found, they were captured and Hybridised as well, into Wyvanrans. Both are Red Scale Hybrids. Both are used as forms of travel.
>A ceremony of created, in the Great Temple of The Wurms, which changed the colour of sclaes from birth, resulting in Black, Green and White scaled Kolbolds being discovered.
>After a serious amount of praying to The Wurm, they delivered the Artifacts of the Elder Wurms open the Kolbolds.
>A Shining Red Spear, a Deep Blue Tome, a Stone with a Bright Green Rune in it, a Dark Black Dagger, and a Stark White Staff

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/4mdbaAz
pastebin.com/rMP05GRZ
pastebin.com/4mdbaAzF
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

3 Years have passed since the discovery of the Artifacts of the Elder Wurms, and even though none have a champion, they have kept the peace in the Scaled Jungle, if uneventful. All form of Kolbold have reached a decent population, and the Lizard-Men have spread within the towns, still happy with being vassals. After a long reign(for a Kolbold) of 5 years and 3 mounths, Kr'tok, the leader and last of the original exiles, has died, and it is time to pick a new Leader.

>Decide on a Leader Name, Scale Color, and Focus.

Addional Info: pastebin.com/4mdbaAz
Religion Info: pastebin.com/rMP05GRZ

>Addional Info: pastebin.com/4mdbaAzF

How the hell did I miss a copy-paste?

Doomfang
Scale Color black
Focus Magic
I'm now to this

Don't worry, I'm rusty

Doomfang, being the most skilled in Black-Scale magic, Breath of the Silent Hunt, takes position as leader. They look over the City of Thunder's Bane, and see's a vision of change, and sets out on making it so.

>I will take the first few actions, to a max of 5 actions, from when I see them, and 5 mins since the last one. I will not wait for 5 actions, but no higher

>U.S.S.R. (United Scaly Skinned Reptiles)
Thunder's Bane
>Population: 3000+200 per turn
>Fire Shaman: 200+1 per turn

Crocksylvania
>Population: 2000+150 per turn
>Fire Shaman: 120+1 per turn

Triumph
>Population: 1500+100 per turn
>Fire Shaman: 100+1 per turn

>Food: Croc Meat-Stable, Plants-Stable, Fish-Stable, Farming-Stable
>Water: River-Stable
>Resources: Stones, Wood, Leaves, Crocodiles, Iron-Stone, Anti-burn Poutice
>Technology: Iron-Stone Tools, Fire, Crocodile Herding, Tree-walking, Simple Scriptilian, Advanced Scriptilian, Classes, Saddles, Taming, Cro-canoes, Healing Medicine, Wyvaran Riding, Basic Maths, Buckets, Irrigation, Crude Masonary
>Weapons/Armor: Iron-Stone(Spears, Swords and Pikes), Iron-Stone Armour and Shields(Kolbold, Croc and Outrider), Acid-Melt Spears, Poison-coatings, Guerrilla Militia, Crossbow-Snipers
>Magic: The Breathing of Red, Blue, Green and Black Wurms, Fire Blast, Magic Training, Heat Beam, Magic Fire Smouther
>Buildings: Tree-huts, Decoy Camp, Quarry, Training Grounds, Home-Tree, Great Temple, Snipers Nests
>Defenses: Spear Traps, Crude Camouflage

Well, maybe not 5 mins, but a bit after

Man, I am rusty
Roll 1d100 aswell, to see how well it goes

Sorry what are my options

What ever you want, in this thread, you run the whole civilization of the Kolbolds. Make sure they survive.

Pick an action, anything you like, and put
>dice+1d100
in the Options line, and see how it goes

Rolled 79 (1d100)

Magic research

Any more actions?
You can make multiple actions if you wish

>Action 1 - Magic Research - 79 - Great Success!
Doomfang's first concern is the state of magical affairs in the city. Only Fire Magic in widly used. As such, he sets up programs for all types of magic, so everyone can tap into their natural bloodline. A training area is even made of the White-Scales, so even though they have no magic, they can train.
>Fire Shaman are now just Shaman, and contain all forms of the magic
>Shaman Growth: Doubled!

Thunder's Bane
>Population: 3200+200 per turn
>Shaman: 202+2 per turn

Crocksylvania
>Population: 2150+150 per turn
>Shaman: 122+2 per turn

Triumph
>Population: 1600+100 per turn
>Shaman: 102+2 per turn

>Technology: Iron-Stone Tools, Fire, Crocodile Herding, Tree-walking, Simple Scriptilian, Advanced Scriptilian, Classes, Saddles, Taming, Cro-canoes, Healing Medicine, Wyvaran Riding, Basic Maths, Buckets, Irrigation, Crude Masonary
>Weapons/Armor: Iron-Stone(Spears, Swords and Pikes), Iron-Stone Armour and Shields(Kolbold, Croc and Outrider), Acid-Melt Spears, Poison-coatings, Guerrilla Militia, Crossbow-Snipers
>Magic: The Breathing of Red, Blue, Green and Black Wurms, Fire Blast, Magic Training, Heat Beam, Magic Fire Smother
>Buildings: Tree-huts, Decoy Camp, Quarry, Training Grounds, Home-Tree, Great Temple, Snipers Nests

Rolled 91, 50, 44, 23, 52 = 260 (5d100)

Research bows
Make wall's
Research writing
Research blacksmith
Research more magic

>Action 1 - Bows - 91 - Amazing Success!
A Lizard-Man was out hunting with his child, and saw a monkey in the distance. He tried to throw his spear at it, missed, and it ran away.
>If only I hunt from range better. Crossbows are to bulky to carry everywhere...
Night after night, he thought and thought, until he was struck by inspiration!
Using tightly bound Vine, and a carved branch, he created the perfect bow! This was pick up by multiple people, and became the newest arsenal of the Militia!
>Bows dicovered!

>Action 2 - Walls - 50 - Average
Basic walls were built around the bases of the tree-hut cities, mainly for comfort
>Crude Walls built!

>Action 3 - Writing - 44 - Below Average
>We need a new form of writing!
Shouted a normal person
>We have Simple Scriptilian AND Advanced Scriptilian, what more do you want?
Laughed a actual normal person

>Action 4 - Blacksmith - 23 - Great Failure!
An smart Kolbold decided what would happend when you put Iron-Stone in VERY high temperatures
He died an explosive and firey death.

>Action 5 - Magic - 52 - Average
Due to the new expanse in the magic front, everyone is trying out new forms of magic, trying to see the limits of their powers
This leads to many young Kolbold wounded and sick.

Thunder's Bane
>Population: 3399+200 per turn
>Shaman: 204+2 per turn

Crocksylvania
>Population: 2300+150 per turn
>Shaman: 124+2 per turn

Triumph
>Population: 1700+100 per turn
>Shaman: 104+2 per turn

>Weapons/Armor: Iron-Stone(Spears, Swords and Pikes), Iron-Stone Armour and Shields(Kolbold, Croc and Outrider), Acid-Melt Spears, Poison-coatings, Guerrilla Militia, Crossbow-Snipers, Bows
>Magic: The Breathing of Red, Blue, Green and Black Wurms, Fire Blast, Magic Training, Heat Beam, Magic Fire Smother
>Buildings: Tree-huts, Decoy Camp, Quarry, Training Grounds, Home-Tree, Great Temple, Snipers Nests, Crude Walls

5 Actions and 5 rolls please!

Rolled 34, 88, 84, 9, 41 = 256 (5d100)

Research farming
Research Writing again
Research blacksmith again
Research better Healing Medicine
Research teleskop

Look like I mean poison instead of Medicine

With a 9, it's both ;)

>Action 1 - Farming - 34 - Failure
One of the farmers in Crocksylvania came up with the idea of putting Wyvaran poop in the farming process. What he didn't know, was that it highly corosive to soil, and eat though most off his farmland

>Action 2 - Writing - 88 - Fantasic Success!
>But what if people read things their not meant to?
Said a normal person
>... Actually, thats not a bad idea
Said a person with a changed world view
>Cyphers invented!

>Action 3 - Black Smith - 84 - Fantasic Success!
The Blacksmith's daughter, raiding her dead dad's room, found his blueprints for the forge he was making.
>But its all wrong... And I can get it right!
After several days of work, a fully enclosed brick furnace was made, and melt the Iron-Stone, and managed to make it harder and easier to use!
>Steel-Stone Inventer!

>Action 4 - Medicine - 9 - Oh dear...
A White-Shaman decides that the most important need for the populace is a new medicine! He went into the forest, found some herbs, and made a potion!
The 50 people he tested it on died a slow and painful death.

>Action 5 - Telescope - 41 - Below Average
No one really needs to look very far, and trees block the way before your sight does.

As normal life goes on, a rumble is heard, far off in the distance, down upstream from Crocksylvania. Nobody knows what it is.

Thunder's Bane
>Population: 3549+200 per turn
>Shaman: 206+2 per turn

Crocksylvania
>Population: 2450+150 per turn
>Shaman: 126+2 per turn

Triumph
>Population: 1800+100 per turn
>Shaman: 106+2 per turn

>Resources: Stones, Wood, Leaves, Crocodiles, Iron-Stone, Anti-burn Poutice, Steel-Stone
>Technology: Iron-Stone Tools, Fire, Crocodile Herding, Tree-walking, Simple Scriptilian, Advanced Scriptilian, Classes, Saddles, Taming, Cro-canoes, Healing Medicine, Wyvaran Riding, Basic Maths, Buckets, Irrigation, Crude Masonary, Cypher
>Weapons/Armor: Iron-Stone(Spears, Swords and Pikes), Iron-Stone Armour and Shields(Kolbold, Croc and Outrider), Acid-Melt Spears, Poison-coatings, Guerrilla Militia, Crossbow-Snipers, Bows
>Buildings: Tree-huts, Decoy Camp, Quarry, Training Grounds, Home-Tree, Great Temple, Snipers Nests, Crude Walls, Steel-Stone Furnace

Send a 21 Kolbold to see what that rumble was
Research farming again
Research art
Research Telescope again
Research Medicine again I hope nobody dies this time

Rolled 51, 11, 88, 32, 44 = 226 (5d100)

Forgot my dise

>Action 1 - Scouting - 52 - Average
A scouting party is sent out, and helpfully they come back with news
>We will find out next turn

>Action 2 - Farming - 11 - Huge Failure
The farmer, angry that he failed while other farmers continue on like nothing happened, and puts the Wyvaran stool in heir farms also.
It will take abit of time before they can recouperate
>Growth halted in Crocksylvania for a turn!

>Action 3 - Art - 88 - Huge Success!
A group of Kolbolds get the idea to draw the Great Wurms in places of inmportance to them. Drawings of the Dragons could be seen around the city of Thunder's Bane. This became a trend, and soon, the whole City became a canvas for their devotion to their gods!
>Thunder's Bane is now a Cultural Icon!
>The Elder Wurms are pleased!

>Action 4 - Telespoce - 32 - Failure
The thought never crossed their scaley heads.

>Action 5 - Medicine - 44 - Failure
The medicine is taken away from the previous Kolbold, and put in the hands of an alchemist! But he has no inspiration...

Thunder's Bane
>Population: 3749+200 per turn
>Shaman: 208+2 per turn

Crocksylvania
>Population: 260+150 per turn
>Shaman: 128+2 per turn

Triumph
>Population: 1900+100 per turn
>Shaman: 108+2 per turn

>Resources: Stones, Wood, Leaves, Crocodiles, Iron-Stone, Anti-burn Poutice, Steel-Stone
>Technology: Iron-Stone Tools, Fire, Crocodile Herding, Tree-walking, Simple Scriptilian, Advanced Scriptilian, Classes, Saddles, Taming, Cro-canoes, Healing Medicine, Wyvaran Riding, Basic Maths, Buckets, Irrigation, Crude Masonary, Cypher
>Buildings: Tree-huts, Decoy Camp, Quarry, Training Grounds, Home-Tree, Great Temple, Snipers Nests, Crude Walls, Steel-Stone Furnace

Hey I like playing your game but I have to go to a restaurant for father day in 10 minutes so I be gone in a little while sorry.

Its cool, time to hope for some more players XD

Rolled 33, 32, 60, 66, 33 = 224 (5d100)

military training
automatic Crossbow
Farming again
Telespoce
Medicine
Same guy

>Action 1 - Training - 33 - Failure
No one seems interested in new training, and it seems to be growing stagnant.

>Action 2 - Auto-Crossbow - 32 - Failure
Accuracy seems to be the way to go for crossbows, as magic can do the Area-of-Effect.

>Action 3 - Farming - 60 - Success
As the farms are being cleaned, some one gets the idea of using Crobold poop to fuel the farms! Not corrosive, and effective!
>Still halted in Crocksylvania, but growth in all cities grow by +10!

>Action 4 - Telescope - 66 - Success
Normally, while flying a Wyvaran, you always look were your going, but one woman, flying from Triumph to Thunder's Bane, looks up, and sees the stars.
>Wow, how pretty..
Taken aback, when she reaches her destination, she tells some inventors, and they create small items for looking at them better
>Crude Telescopes Invented

>Action 5 - Medicine - 33 - Failure
The Alchemist is found high on his own drugs. The Kolbolds that find him try it. they spend the day doing nothing. The Alchemist forgets how to make it.

Thunder's Bane
>Population: 3959+210 per turn
>Shaman: 210+2 per turn

Crocksylvania
>Population: 2600+160 per turn
>Shaman: 130+2 per turn

Triumph
>Population: 2010+110 per turn
>Shaman: 110+2 per turn

>Technology: Iron-Stone Tools, Fire, Crobold Herding, Tree-walking, Simple Scriptilian, Advanced Scriptilian, Classes, Saddles, Taming, Cro-canoes, Healing Medicine, Wyvaran Riding, Basic Maths, Buckets, Irrigation, Crude Masonary, Cypher, Crude Telescopes

Is there a Twitter for this

I could make one
One sec

@Snow_Civ_Thread

Rolled 100, 52, 82, 80, 88 = 402 (5d100)

Training
Auto-Crossbow
Medicine
Advance Maths
More Farming

Thats some rolling!

Sweet mother of God
Indeed there are and a wonder if everyone in my family forgot about the restaurant or something

>Action 1 - Training - 100 - HOLY SHIT
>Right you hatchlings, lets get you moving!
Shouted the newest training instructor.
The recruits don't stop doing jumping jacks for 5 straight days
>Time to get this sloppy excuse for fighters into a actual force!

>Miltia evoled to The Scaled Army
>Name, Gender and Race the newest general

>Action 2 - Auto-Crossbow - 52 - Average
It crosses the mind of an inventor to trade accuracy for reload speed on the crossbows
His idea is shot down

>Action 3 - Medicine - 82 - Amazing Success!
A new Alchemist takes a new look at the herbs the high alchemist was using
>Hmm...
After boiling the flowers, and puting the water directly into the nose of a sick reptile, it would take almost any pain away!
>Painkillers invented!

>Action 4 - Adavanced Maths - 80 - Amazing Success!
A Green Kolbold spends to many days inside writing in the largest amount of books anyone has seen, but soon after seeing that his startes building prototype Tree-Huts with expert effeiceny, he is taken seriously!
>Adavanced Maths Invented!

>Action 5 - Farming - 88 - Amazing Success!
New Farming techniques are invented, and new tools are too!
>Crop Rotation Invented!
>Sickles Invented!
>Growth Increased by +40!

Thunder's Bane
>Population: 4209+250 per turn
>Shaman: 212+2 per turn

Crocksylvania
>Population: 2800+200 per turn
>Shaman: 132+2 per turn

Triumph
>Population: 2150+150 per turn
>Shaman: 112+2 per turn

>Resources: Stones, Wood, Leaves, Crocodiles, Iron-Stone, Anti-burn Poutice, Steel-Stone, Painkillers
>Technology: Iron-Stone Tools, Fire, Crobold Herding, Tree-walking, Simple Scriptilian, Advanced Scriptilian, Classes, Saddles, Taming, Cro-canoes, Healing Medicine, Wyvaran Riding, Basic Maths, Buckets, Irrigation, Crude Masonary, Cypher, Crude Telescopes, Adavanced Maths, Crop Rotation, Sickles

One sec, writing up the Scouting Mission

The scouts report back, with odd news.
They seem to have found a small villige of Otter-Men, not something that could have caused an shake of that size, from that far away
Just a small, village. Nothing else.
This will have to be investigated further.

Well I'm tired, and writing was the only thing keeping me awake, so I'm off

I will be using @Snow_Civ_Thread to so I'm making a new thread, and it should be most Saturdays.

See you next time!

Bye thanks for the game goodnight hope you sleep well.

Damn, just missed it :(

You do sorry

Man I feel bad now.

Well I'm to tired to do it today, but I do have a few questions
A new thread? I know some people might not want to play a thread that was mostly done 3 months ago, so that?

Alos /tag/ or /qst/? I know very little about what's happened in the last few months, but I get the idea it's /qst/ negative.

bump for valid discussion

So you were at the first thread if so can you please tell me wear that is.

This is me by the way, on my iPad in bed.
I am attuall you going to sleep now, so discuss questions if you wish

I forgot to archive it like an idiot

So there no way for me to read it

And I'm having a little trouble getting to your Twitter