Katawa Yandere - Hanako Quest (Part 15)

“Lilly.” You mean to shout but your lungs have forgotten what oxygen is, so it comes out as the merest whisper. Your head spins for want of breath. Half-running and half-falling, you rush over and check her pulse.
Nothing.
Maybe... maybe you’re just not doing it right?
Nothing.
Maybe… Maybe…
Her face is cold.
You feel something welling up in you. You have no idea what the feeling it but it’s a poison. A fatal poison threatens to asphyxiate you as you look into Lilly’s half-open eyes…

Poison?
Your yandere instincts come back online as you realize Lilly’s body bear no visible wound. Quickly, you stuff a piece of the broken teacup into your handkerchief. You have no idea what for, but you know it could be important.
The icy feeling in your chest has turned into a burning.
Lilly is dead… The Tea-club duo has been broken. You want to get whoever did this… you wanna kill them kill them KilL THeM kill tHEm Kill KILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILL… but… but if someone catches you changing the room, that murder is almost certain to land on you. And then you couldn’t kill them.

Yan [/_________] Dere
[] Search the room for additional clues.
[] Retreat.

Other urls found in this thread:

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?searchall=katawa yandere
steamcommunity.com/groups/yanderestraw#
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

YEAH!
Katawa Yandere is back!

I suppose Hisao will be our alibi, so I don't worry about being charged guilty.
Let's save Lilly's life by

> [X] Search the room for additional clues.

Got mixed up in the fields, but yeah, it's me.

Archives:
suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?searchall=katawa yandere
Steam:
steamcommunity.com/groups/yanderestraw#

Carnage:

Ohhhhh no. Oh god. It's happening. We've made mistakes.

I feel so bad for FluffandCrunch.

>[X] Retreat.
Okay, alright, can't panic and grieve over Lilly now, it'll just get us killed too. Need to think. Staying presents too great a risk - we should get out and find someplace safe before we plan our next move.

Oh shit oh shit oh fuck no, don't do this to us dude.

[X] Search the room for additional clues.

[X] Search the room for additional clues.

>[X] Search Room for additional clues

Oh fuck niggers, what did you do? Why is Lilly-bro dying? Why isn't Akira genociding the planet?

Are you fuckin' kidding us?
In other KY routes our sidekick wasn't even EVER in danger (well, not really, once we got a mass murder bad end).

This time we lost Lilly without even being able to avoid it?
And if I remember correctly when you talk about poison we had to be full dere to do it once, so why the hell our opponent can ALWAYS be stronger than us in fights with more yan, being able to do full dere actions, able to ambush us... dunno how many times (and we should have an ability to lower ambush chances)?

I don't even like so much Lilly... but I'm really disappointed, sorry but I think I'm out, at least tonight if not ever.
Good luck guys & have fun

>[X] Retreat.

> (x) Search for clues

We're good friends with both Kira and Lilly, so nobody should be able to reasonably suspect us.

Unless of course there's evidence planted somewhere. Better watch out for it.

You need to gather as much evidence as you can before it gets contaminated. Your mind whirs.
Ok.
If Lilly was poisoned… you don’t see any food nearby or any crumbs on her lips. Therefore unless she decided to spend her last moment of life dabbing her lips with a napkin, it must have been through the tea.
But… Lilly prepares the tea herself. How… could that have been poisoned without her knowledge?

(MAX) Yan [__________] Dere
[] Maybe someone tampered with the tea bags.
[] Maybe something distracted her.

Well there's no sign of FluffandCrunch, we can only guess that he read the beginning of this thread and fell into a coma, so it's probably about time to post this.

>[X] Maybe someone tampered with the tea bags.

At first sight, it seems: Butthurt: the post.

But sadly, I partly have to agree.
Too many times we didn't have chances to avoid favourable outcomes for our opponents.
If this would be a visual novel or so, now I'd reload from my last save, also if I didn't got a bad end. And if I couldn't do it, probably I'd ragequit to never play again

samefag

(x) Maybe someone tampered with the tea bags

>[X] Maybe something distracted her.
I'd be surprised if Lilly doesn't keep careful track of her teabags; probably brings them in herself and doesn't leave them in the tea room, perhaps. If that isn't the case I'd take the first option, but we (as Hanako) are aware that Lilly brings them into the tea room each day, the second option seems more likely.

I have my own thoughts on the concerns brought up by the other user, but I'll save them for when Akira asks for further feedback, which I assume will be at the usual "Post-route end" thread he's done before when we talk about the route that was completed and discuss the next one.

SONOFABITCH

DEATH TO THE STUCO!

BLOOD FOR THE CORPSE WINE
SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE

[x]Maybe something distracted her.

Either way, we should bring this shit to Akira.

>1 vote in ten minutes
Welp, I guess it could be because it's still early and people are still filtering in. But if it's just a ragequit then, well... it's called Katawa YANDERE. You really should have been prepared for an outcome like this, especially with how you've been playing.

I'll let it run a little longer, but if we don't hit a functional participation level, I'll close the thread and open up a poll on whether you all want to forfeit the Hanako route.

Could just be a slow today where people are busy with other things, I suppose. I'm distraught about Lilly of course, and I understand some of the frustrations people have talked about - rather than ragequitting, though, I'd rather see this to the end and then discuss it afterwards. We've gone this far, might as well see if we can still win. Plus, we've apparently swung back to full Yan, which could be fun.

[X] Maybe someone tampered with the tea bags.

>[x] Maybe someone tampered with the tea bags.

Maybe someone tampered with the tea bags.
You’re not sure how that would work… but they’re they only piece of material evidence you have.
Pulse pounding, you grab a plastic bag and locate the tea bag – scooping it up, you realize it hasn’t lost all its warmth...
Lilly may have still been alive as recently as ten minutes ago.
You bite your lip.
You’ve tarried too long. Time to escape. Even if you have an alibi, you’d rather have it that no one puts motive on you when the other bodies start showing up.
Time to escape…. But how?
The hallway ‘was’ empty when you entered… but that could easily change. You could go through the window, but in the off chance that anyone does catch you, that’s almost an automatic admission of guilt.

[] Leave through the hallway.
[] Leave through the window.

IT WAS THE DEAF BITCH
KILLKILLKILLKILLKILL

[x]Leave through the window.

We have the Yan. I have a bad feeling this is a trap.

[x] Leave through the window.
>The hallway ‘was’ empty when you entered… but that could easily change

>[X] Leave through the hallway.

[x] leave through the hallway

Going through the window is waaaaaay to suspicious. If someone catches us, we're screwed. If this really is a trap by the deaf bitch, there's no way she wouldn't anticipate us going through the window.

Lilly is still our best friend, and getting caught in the hallway is less bad than getting caught sneaking out of the window. If someone is waiting in the hallway, we can still start screaming.

Shit, I really don't know on this one. Uh... UH-

>[X] Leave through the window.

If we have to fight at least were max Yan.

Well guys, I think it's clear what we need to do; we sacrifice the deaf bitch to the elder gods in return for resurrecting Lilly.

Which had a worse tonal shift: Hanako's route with the rape scene, or this?

I have entered this thread late but its not too late!

>[] Leave through the hallway.

‘The hallway is too visible, Hanako.’ Your inner voice tells you.
You put your hand on the windowsill and slide it open.
Wait… just… ‘slide’ it?
It’s supposed to be locked. Why…
?!
Much as you would ‘badly’ like to stick around, the sound of voices through the wall compels you to make a hasty exit.
You fall a two stories and smack to the ground, but somehow you position yourself in a way so as to avoid any real damage. Between the packed ground and concrete wall… you really could have hurt yourself.
You’re out of there like a bat out of hell. As far as you can tell, no one saw you… Your gambit paid off. Now your next stop is…
Actually, there are a few place you could go…
If you’re worried about yourself, you could go back to the classroom. The time interval in which you investigated Lilly’s murder scene was short enough to be overlooked. Miki and Suzu, the school’s amateur detective duo, would jump at the chance of helping you solve this mystery. You could inform Akira, obviously… However… Akira isn’t the most stable person… if she finds out Lilly got killed while doing a favor for you… well… that could get… ‘very’ ugly.
You decide to head to…

[] Mutou’s class to make your alibi.
[] Team Slumberparty to re-situate yourself.
[] Akira’s house to plot revenge.

>[X] Team Slumberparty to re-situate yourself.
We need allies and information on the teacup as well.

Shit, this is a tough one. I always love a chance to hang out with Team Slumberparty, but Akira's going to find out sometime, and I don't think she'll appreciate us not telling her, so...

>[X] Akira’s house to plot revenge.

>[X] Akira’s house to plot revenge

>[X] Team Slumberparty to re-situate yourself.

Under different circumstances, I would have stayed away from this option. She's a wildcard, and we know how dangerous she can be. HOWEVER - Akira Trip mentioned that when we're at max Yan, we can understand Akira's speech in a way we otherwise couldn't. We're in a position to finally communicate with her on a level previously impossible. We're just as Yan as she is now, and that may give us the edge we need to convince her to help us. Team Slumberparty would have been our option if we were full Dere, but we're obviously not Dere anymore, now are we?

I doubt we need to make an alibi after already having a plausible one, not to mention we would be in front of the student council again. I also doubt Miki or Suzu would be that sympathetic if they already knew we killed Rin and Emi.
Better to choose the devil you know than the ones you don't.

>[x] Akira’s house to plot revenge.
We will mourn. And then we will hunt.

>[x] Team Slumberparty to re-situate yourself.

[x] visit Akira
All aboard the full-yan train

Class doesn't deliver much of an alibi, with us being known as regular absentees and what not. We're also still one of Lilly's best friends. Would probably be more suspicious to show up.

>[x] Akira's house to plot revenge

BLOOD FOR THE CORPSE WINE
SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE

“Hey-Hey, Hanners~!” Akira swings the door open before you’ve even knocked. “Felt like playing delinquent again? Wanna take facebook photos together?” She pulls out an instant-printing camera. “I took it from this skinny awkward chick I met on my last trip to America.”
(YAN) [It isn’t fair that they get to be the hero… That’s what I was supposed to be.]
You shake your head. Akira picks up on the discrepancy in your mood right away. “Hanako… what happened?”
“Lilly’s dead.”

Akira stares at you. She doesn’t cry or wince or visibly react. She just stares at you.
(YAN) [She’s trying to access feelings she doesn’t have any longer.]
“How?” She asks finally. One simple word. Looking into those dark red eyes, you realize how you answer could be a matter of life and death.

[] Tell her everything.
[] Omit the part where Lilly was distracting Shizune for you.
[] Lie and say you only know what examining the crime scene told you.

>[X] Tell her everything.
Honesty is the best policy.

> especially with how you've been playing.

> Killing Lilly only to show who's the boss
> letting us wait weeks for this awesome plot choice
> after a route we took only blows by other girls
> also playing dere can be useful!.jpg
> 'til the deus ex machina akira joining us in combat
> seeing lowest thread participation in this route
> maybe waiting some other hours before deciding
> a poll to forfeit Hanako route

She'll know if we lie to her. She'll know.

Telling Akira about the evidence would only implicate Hanako further in Akira's eyes.
>[X] Omit the part where Lilly was distracting Shizune for you.

Telling her the truth increases the chances of her murdering us right now before she moves on to kill Shizune. Not telling her the key detail would probably work for now, but if she discovers the truth later, it's over for us. Lying altogether would mean not telling Akira why Shizune is almost certainly to blame, though Shizune is the most likely culprit anyway.

Hm... this is a tough one. I need a moment to think.

[x] Omit the part where Lilly was distracting Shizune for you.

>[x]Tell her everything,

We can't hide anything from a more experienced Yandere.

Nothing good can come from lying to Akira, even by omission.

>[x] Tell her everything.

Lilly may have talked to Akira sometime today. It's dangerous to lie to her if we don't know what she knows.

If Hanako can pick up on things left unsaid, Akira could sense it too.

>[X] Omit the part where Lilly was distracting Shizune for you.

Alright, thinking on it more, I've got a gut feeling that telling her the full truth is a bad idea. Akira would potentially be sympathetic about the truth if she *had* any sympathy left, but that's almost certainly one of the emotions she lost a long time ago.

We fought alongside her once. Even if she starts seeing us as 'expendable ally', that has to count for something.

[X] Omit the part where Lilly was distracting Shizune for you.

Oh dear this one's tough.

Lilly wouldn't asociate with Deafy unless she had to, so if we lie and Kira learns that they were seen together.. she'll eventually find out.

But if Akira wants to be a hero, maybe we should let her play the part. Or maybe she resents us, and so telling her would be dumb.

Then again, Lilly is pretty much the only thing she gives a shit about... so either we're gonna become her new thing or she's gonna kill us too.

Fuck it, > be honest

if we're going down, we're taking the blind deaf bitch with us.

You tell her everything – the part about Shizune, the teacups, how it looked like the work of a poisoner.
“So… you think Shizune is to blame?” She answers finally.
“It… looks like that… yes.”
“Give me the teacup.” You do. She looks it over, red eyes burning, then she looks back to you.
(YAN) [She’s debating whether or not to kill you… No.]
“A-Akira? Are you… going to kill Shizune?”
“If that’s who did it, yeah… But I don’t want to jump to conclusions… This revenge has to be targeted… they’ll manage to escape if I try to brute-force it.” She sighs and casts a frigid glare at you. “Hanako. If you ever talk to me again, I’ll kill you. Let yourself out.”
(YAN) [I want to be alone… This isn’t how it was supposed to be.]
You don’t push your luck and head back. Akira… just terminated your alliance. But it seems that she wants to work independently…
(YAN)‘Maybe she’ll kill Shizune for you. Maybe you could just hunker down for a defensive war… It’ll be just you and Hisao… Just like you wanted.’
A voice plays through your mind. You feel… excited by it. And ashamed. Really… You… You…
You… can’t really say it’s incorrect… you did want that… But… like this?
You slash yourself with your razor to terminate the line of thought – fine drips of blood on the sidewalk. School’s out. The body has almost decidedly been found by now.
You… want some company. You’ll go see…

[] Hisao.
[] Team Slumberparty.

>[x] Hisao.

We need to keep Hisao safe until this blows over.

I doubt seeing Hisao at max Yan would be good for either of them. Hisao is used to Hanako being away, he'll understand.
>[X] Team Slumberparty

[x]Team Slumberparty.

Shizune can steal Hisao from us if we don't spend time with him... but Shizune is as good as dead anyway.

>[X] Team Slumberparty.

At this level of YAN we're in no condition to associate with Hisao.

>[X] Team Slumberparty.
Hanako is obviously insane and giving into her psychosis is the wrong choice.

[x] Hisao
we need our boy

Looks like we dodged the bullet for now.
Going to Akira and then losing her looks like a waste of time though.
If deafy gets to Hisao she might pull him into the mess, making him a target.
> (X) Hisao

Even if Hanako doesn't flip her shit with Hisao, Akira will certainly be gunning for them if she sees her sister's death as ignored. [X] Team Slumberparty.

This was not a waste of time. Akira can take care of Shizu. We're pretty much unable to get rid of her any other way.

>[X] Hisao.
This is the perfect state of mind to visit Hisao in.

[X] Team Slumberparty

See? That's the spirit!

You head over to the girl’s dorms – which are predictably abuzz with grief over the loss of their idol.
Lilly’s body is carried out on a golden sarcophagus drawn by chocobos. Behind them professional mourners are shrieking and tearing their hair out. You find Miki setting off a 21-gun salute as they slide her body into a burning Viking longboat. The girls then begin conducting mass animal sacrifices. War captives sacrifices and gladiator fights are gonna be later in the evening.
“Heya there, Hanners.” Miki greets you a bit dejectedly.
Yeesh, when even Miki is depressed, you know shit’s gotten real.
“… Get Suzu.” Your eyes alight with fire. We have business to discuss.”
A time later, you, Miki, and Suzu have all convened in Suzu’s room and you’ve finished telling them your story.
“So… in other words…” Suzu rocks her head. “You’ve almost at the victory point, but you’ve gotten everyone you cared about either ostracized or killed. Yeesh. That makes you only a slightly less shitty VN protagonist than Kayto Shields.”
“I’m gonna get revenge. That counts for something… right?”
“HELLS TO THE YEAH!!!” Miki hops up and slams her nail bat into the wall. “LET’S DO THIS~! I AM AWAITED IN VALHALLA!”
The odd-couple’s fire is invigorating you as well… You don’t feel tired anymore… You want revenge.
(YAN) But… you can’t do it that way… Shizune’s a schemer. Any kind of attack she can see coming is doomed to failure…

Yan [/_________] Dere
[] Maybe we could find an opening in her schedule if we observe her?
[] Maybe we could turn Misha?
[] Maybe we could have the student council disbanded?

>[x] Maybe we could turn Misha?
sounds fun

>[X] Maybe we could have the student council disbanded?
This. Misha would be impossible to turn this late and she would already be keeping her schedule hidden.

>[x]Maybe we can turn Misha?

These all seem like longshots. But we've done it before. We'll do it again.

[x] Maybe we could turn Misha?

Observing her will be difficult unless we turn Misha, but turning Misha is a bad idea because there is a chance that she was the one who poisoned Lilly and is therefore marked for death. Therefore

I don't think we can turn the pink-haired proxy with so much Yan. We'd probably just open her throat in a fit of madness. It's probaby more of a dere thing.

What woulld disbanding the StuCo accomplish? Woudn't that just mean that Shizune would be free of obligations, making it easier for her to move unnoticed?

>[] Maybe we could find an opening in her schedule if we observe her?

Turning Misha would be difficult for us at the best of times. Lilly managed it because of her natural charisma and help from Akira. A full YAN Hanako? Next to no chance.

>carried out on a golden sarcophagus drawn by chocobos
Fuck you, man, just... fuck you.

>[x] Maybe we could have the student council disbanded?

Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night, I feel my right side of my body. The comrade I've lost. It won't stop hurting. It's like they're all still here. You feel it too, don't you? I'm gonna make them give up my Hisao.

Shizune without her authority would have her pride irrevocably shattered. Easy pickings for Akira.

Being part of the Student Council gives them a reason to move around without being noticed. Maybe no one noticed or cared that Misha or Shizune were messing with tea supplies because they assumed they were doing so in their official capacity.

I came back home 20 minutes ago.
I checked Veeky Forums to see if this week we were playing KY, and I was so happy and I start reading it.
I was shocked seeing Lilly's death and the beginning of the thread.
But now I'm really full of disgust.

All this months lost, only to discover tonight that a bunch of samefags playing randomly with full Yan will is the way to be invincible.
Telling in-story Akira we pratically killed her sister... "well, ok, maybe we should avoid talk again".

Fuck you Akira.
How to transform chocolate in shit, in 2 hours.
Maybe you're Suriko, who knows.

I wish I never spent time on this quest.
For the first time in my life, I'm sorry to post on a board 'cause my post will give a +1 to it.

Take everything from her.
First her title, then her purpose.

Then we take Misha from her.

Only when she has nothing left, when her whole life is ash in her hand do we take the rest.

pLuCk HeR EyEs Out AnD hAcK hEr HaNdS oFf. PlUnGe HeR iNtO dArKnEsS.
P

>[X]Turn Misha

A stroke of genius hits you. “Maybe… we could try to disband the Student Council?”
Both Miki and Suzu perk up. You feel a sinister kind of grin crawling across your face. “Shizune has access to parts of the building others don’t. She can move around much more easily than others. She has more resources… More intel… but all of that, all of it, is dependant on her position of the student council head!”
“We take away her title, she loses her hidy-holes.” Miki grins.
“And it might rattle her into being more careless than usual.” Suzu agrees. Then she yawns loudly. “Um… but how are we going to do that? You’re not the first person to try and have the council disbanded.”
Miki sticks her tongue out at Suzu.
That is… a good question…

[] Maybe we could try to find some kind of technical point?
[] Maybe we could convince the school to cut their funding?
[] I don’t know yet. We need more information.

>[x] Maybe we could try to find some kind of technical point?

Number of members would be a good shot.

>[x]Maybe we could find some kind of technical point.

Defunding takes too long. I'm sure there's an attendance policy.
BLOOD FOR THE CORPSEWINE
SKULS FOR THE SKULL THRONE

Trying to find a loophole in the rules wouldn't work, Shizune and Misha ignore them all the time. I don't know which figure would listen to Hanako or team slumberparty, and on what grounds.
>[X] I don’t know yet. We need more information.

lol, now being full yan we are able to destroy the student council only because we want to.

I really wanna know your pusher man, dunno what he sold you but it must be strong shit to let you make a so bad trip

>[x] I don’t know yet. We need more information.

We will destroy the student council. Then, when it is done, and the student council is ashes... then Shizune will have our permission to die.

You guys decide what happens. I just write it. "Lilly dies vs. Lilly lives" was a choice (actually a combination of a few choices) voted on by you. Like everything else.

Mutou is a drunk, easily manipulated.

Akira is faculty, though interacting with her could be dangerous.

My goddess demands vengeance.

>[X] I don’t know yet. We need more information.

Did Kenji die already? He usually dies early on, but my memory of the different routes is getting mixed up.