Inquisitor Generator

Alright, acolytes. Which Inquisitor were you assigned to? As I recall, he was... she was... what gender were they again?

>1d100 for gender

Rolled 2 (1d100)

Rolled 25 (1d100)

Ah, yes, he is male, of course.

Now, how old is he, would you say?

>1d100

Rolled 45 (1d100)

Rolled 52 (1d100)

>Now, how old is he, would you say?

Two years old.

An old man, you say. What's his exact age?

>1d60

Rolled 70 (1d100)

Rolled 41 (1d60)

>I said 1d60

>1d100 for gender

Did tumblr write this game?

There is a 1% chance of Neither/Both/Unknown.

Rolled 7 (1d60)

What gender is it if your sick of /lgbt/ bullshit?

He's 97. That's not terribly old.

Now, what's his ordo?

Rolled 5 (1d100)

The nothing to do with this thread so go away gender.

Enough political shitstorms.

cisgender schauvinist

Oh. The Ordo Malleus. I see.

Emperor protect you all.

Anyway. How many titles did this fellow have, eh?

>Holy fuck recaptcha
>1d3

Rolled 2 (1d3)

Two. And what kind of titles are those?

>2d100

Rolled 33, 8 = 41 (2d100)

The mightiest.

>Facility title: Steward, Custodian, Administrator, Governor and Castellan are all titles an Inquisitor may possess if they are in charge of a particular facility, ideal for Inquisitors Historical or Theoretical that spend a lot of time in research archives at Inquisitorial strongholds, ‘holding down the fort’.
>Military Rank: Colonel, General, Major, Admiral, Captain, etc; all these and whatever else could be bestowed upon the Inquisitor as a title owing to a previous career, an honorific granted by a particular institution or simply be of their own devising (and dreams of military glory?).

Try to recall what these titles are for me, will you?

Anyhow, what philosophy does he have?

>1d100

Rolled 76 (1d100)

Rolling

Rolled 45 (1d100)

>Moderate Radical: The Inquisitor that utilises a xeno-pistol, or makes use of beastmen in their retinue. To some this seems a slippery slope, but it is entirely justified by these Inquisitors as minor interactions with what others see as tainted.

A moderately radical Malleus inquisitor. I see no way this could go poorly.

How many major methodologies does he have?

>1d3

Rolled 2 (1d3)

And what are they?
>2d100

Rolled 19, 23 = 42 (2d100)

>Bene Qui Latuit Bene Vixit (He lives well who lives unnoticed): Subterfuge and trickery can be valuable tools, something known to this character. Henchmen will often perform their operations as they watch from the shadows.
>Facta Non Verba (Deeds not words): Thinking can be a virtue, but then again it wastes valuable heretic-purging time.
Quite the... unique mix.

Is he a psyker?
>1d100+20

Rolled 2, 14, 2, 10, 20, 5, 18, 2, 16, 7, 9, 18, 20, 10, 2, 8, 14, 8, 15, 2, 2, 20, 15, 3, 12 = 254 (25d20)

Rolled 4 + 20 (1d100 + 20)

Not a psyker? Quite the brave man.

How... eccentric would you say he is?
>1d3

Rolled 1 (1d3)

Fairly stable?

What quirk sticks out to you?
>1d100

Rolled 54 (1d100)

>Connoisseur: The finest and rarest of wines, weapons and works of art, amongst other things, are well known to the Inquisitor.

Ah, so he's the one with the expensive tastes. I wondered who ordered ambull fetus.

Does he control many personal resources?
>1d5

Rolled 4 (1d5)

Quite a few. What are they?
>4d100

Rolled 44, 67, 55, 64 = 230 (4d100)

>Armed spaceship: Roll on the ‘Armed spaceship’ table.
>Well established ‘friends’: Influential characters friends in high places, such as nobles, politicians, etc.
>Archivists: The Inquisitor has a retinue of lexmechanics, archivists and savants to sift through data and bring their considerable knowledge to use.
>Planet: A world is governed by the Inquisitor, perhaps under martial law or as a fief for them to conduct experiments/raise warriors.

Quite the powerful man! What kind of spaceship was that, again?
>1d100

Rolled 18 (1d100)

Rolled 29 (1d100)

>Frigate: A small vessel not intended for the heaviest actions, but still capable at chasing down pirates and protecting convoys.

Quite appropriate for a man so fond of subterfuge.

Finally, what is his name and titles?

Domitianus Caligarus

Rolled 88 (1d100)

And titles? I remind you:

>Facility title: Steward, Custodian, Administrator, Governor and Castellan are all titles an Inquisitor may possess if they are in charge of a particular facility, ideal for Inquisitors Historical or Theoretical that spend a lot of time in research archives at Inquisitorial strongholds, ‘holding down the fort’.
>Military Rank: Colonel, General, Major, Admiral, Captain, etc; all these and whatever else could be bestowed upon the Inquisitor as a title owing to a previous career, an honorific granted by a particular institution or simply be of their own devising (and dreams of military glory?).

Lord Admiral Domitianus Caligarus, Governor of Destorada III

Sounds good.

Obviously he's a planetary governor.
Also a general.

so is this for a game you're making OP? because i'd love to play some Dark Heresy with this tight inquisitor

got his own planet to do whatever he wants and also recruit his personal storm troopers, he's basically self sufficient, he could honestly secede from the imperium and hold his own for a while

Lord Admiral Inquisitor Domitianus Caligarus, Governor of Destorada III
Ordo: Malleus
Titles: Facility Title, Military Rank
Philosophy: Moderate Radical
Methodology: Bene Qui Latuit Bene Vixit, Facta Non Verba
Psychic Ability: None
Quirks: Connoisseur
Resources: Armed spaceship (Frigate), Well established ‘friends’ , Archivists, Planet

A remarkable man, as all of his kind.

That actually makes me wonder the extent to which Inquisitors still operate within the conventional Imperial hierarchies from which they were recruited. I mean, I assumed it was sort of a full-time job.

I wish, alas I have no group.

Wondering how he's all sneaky beaky and tricksy while preferring action over thought.

>>Military Rank: Colonel, General, Major, Admiral, Captain, etc; all these and whatever else could be bestowed upon the Inquisitor as a title owing to a previous career, an honorific granted by a particular institution or simply be of their own devising (and dreams of military glory?).
How did our Lord Caligarus come into his governorship? Was it before or after his admission to the Holy Ordos?

being an inquisitor is less a job and more a lifestyle due to it being a lifelong career, there is little to no retirements

An Inquisitor can be nearly anyone. There's a Rogue Trader Inquisitor Lord in FFG.

So it's more a reflection of their rights and responsibilities than a description of what they do as a job? Neat.

Maybe he captured it from Chaos and that led to his induction.

> almost entirely unaccountable with the power to negotiate with external bodies on behalf of humanity and to waste planets with impunity outside of the Imperium
> almost entirely unaccountable with the power to browbeat all human organisations and to waste planets with impunity within the Imperium

Emperor, deliver us.

think creed x100

his frigate has archeotech stealth systems that render him undectectable as long as he's running low powered mode

He's the kind of influencial and wealthy man that can buy anything he wants, weather it be hardware or people. he has networks of spies all across the galaxy and he's got tabs on everyone and keeps all those people blackmailed and working for him

his armies are taught in the art of stealth, infiltration and subterfuge, think literally armies of Big Boss, Venom Snake and Solid Snake.

Yeah, I imagine a Lord Admiral of the Imperial Navy would come into contact with a lot of Chaotic or Daemonic shit in such a campaign, and he'd probably be the first point of contact for any Malleus Inquisitors working to contain the threat.

Maybe a decisive fleet action on his behalf was instrumental in preventing the world from being turned into an out-and-out Daemon World (i.e. he broke through the Chaos fleet defending the planet, the flagship of which was conducting a ritual to swallow it in a massive warp incursion). This led to him being taken on as an Interrogator and went a long way to earn his Inquisitorial Rosette.

This user gets it. Being sneaky doesn't necessarily mean keeping your hands off things, it just means nobody's seeing those hands and they're probably gonna be other people's hands.

And a planet, with archives of daemonic activity/lore, while being a somewhat radical-leaning Daemonhunter.

What does the radicalism entail, do you reckon?

Easily fits in his lifespan. Guy's almost a hundred.

he's not against using esoteric means to destroy his enemies, so employing xonetech or xeno knowledge doesnt fall too far out of his hands.

don't forget a lot of the people in charge of things get rejuvenat treatments to live a lot longer than their lifespan would normally let them

I like this. Just because he's both Radical and Malleus doesn't automatically mean he has a whole retinue of daemonhosts or whatever.

Maybe our boy is radical enough that he's willing to look beyond the typical Puritan arsenal of prayers, fire and hammers, but he's not quite so far down the slippery slope that he's using the Archenemy's weapons against them?

Well seeing as he's not a psyker, it'd be impossible for him to summon and bind demons or use heretical sorcery. The whole lack of force weapons would make things a little tricky since he's Malleus.

Radical that he is, I'm sure there's all manner of distasteful ways he could still battle daemons. Maybe he grooms some on his planet and steals other psykers from Black Ships and trains/augments with xenos tech to enhance their abilities? And if their brains leak or anything, whatever. Just round up some more.

He's stealing from the black ships which caused am investigation by other inquisitors. They were never able to place the blame on him and they can't outright kill him becuase he's a very powerful inquisitor with good relations. Because of this ordeal he isn't looked at in a good light by the rest for the inquisition

>am
An*
>by the rest for the
By the rest of the

I fucking hate auto-correct

Don't actually have to be a psyker to be a sorcerer.

Anyone want to do another? Girlfriend finally stopped vomiting.

Hope she's okay mate.

I'm game for another, this is actually giving me shit tons of ideas for Inquisitor NPCs in my campaigns. Somebody want to give us a roll for gender and then our Archivist friend can take it away?

She's fine, just pregnant.

Just gimme a 1d100 yourself.

Rolled 82 (1d100)

dice+1d100

A broad. Naturally.

How old is she? 1d100.

In the options field, bud.

Rolled 97 (1d100)

Ancient, over 250! Give me a 1d150.

Rolled 99 (1d150)

349 years young.

What ordo is she? 1d100

Rolled 23 (1d100)

The Ordo Hereticus! Watch out, apostates.

1d3 Titles.

Rolled 1 (1d3)

also checked senpai

1d100.
Le happy Patrick Bateman.

Rolled 59 (1d100)

>Nobility: Sir, Lord, Duke, Count, Boyar, Fürst, Emir, Sheikh, etc. are all titles that could be held in the Imperium, showing the Inquisitor has either come from a noble line, could have been awarded it or has simply usurped it from a previous (no doubt heretical and deceased) holder.

Whaddya know, this dame is literally a dame.

1d100 for her Philosophy.

dice+1d100

Rolled 31 (1d100)

Still in the options field.

>Liberal Puritan: These Inquisitors understand the place of psykers and mutants is one of servitude, and that they should be made to understand their inferiority. These are Puritans that acknowledge psychic benefits.

One of the nicer puritans. Pleasant.

1d3 Methodology.

Rolled 3 (1d3)

Found art for her already!

A few. 3d100.

Rolled 69, 16, 94 = 179 (3d100)

>In Veritate Religionis Confido (In the truth of religion I trust): Scepticism has no place in an Empire of Faith, and all matters great and small are decided by religious trials and the Emperor’s Tarot.

Very Malleus Maleficarum. I approve.

>Bene Qui Latuit Bene Vixit (He lives well who lives unnoticed): Subterfuge and trickery can be valuable tools, something known to this character. Henchmen will often perform their operations as they watch from the shadows.

You know this one. Sneaky heretic purging.

>Vota Vita Mia (My life is devoted): To whatever cause they have pledged themselves, this character will be unflinching in its execution above all other things.

Shaping up to be terrifying.

1d100 for if she's a filthy psyker.

Rolled 45 (1d100)

Nope!

1d3 Quirks.