Mecha Space Pirate Quest XXXIV

Welcome back, space pirates, to the thirty-fourth installment of Mecha Space Pirate Quest! As always, you are Admiral Roarke S. Starwind, leader of the Iron Kestrels space pirate fleet, master of the starship Rhinehawk, and pilot of the Knuckle Kaiser.

Previous Threads: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Mecha Space Pirate Quest, Collective Game, mecha
Master Pastebin: pastebin.com/sSHs0QmF
Upgrade Menu: pastebin.com/QQQzkFZe
List of Moves: pastebin.com/HSdyCe2y
Rogues' Gallery: pastebin.com/E9ZcDLfG

Last time, you finally made it back to Auditorium. Hopefully, everything is fine.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/cmSHEzGz
pastebin.com/uzJ4mYWY
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HrqFYexa2QrbEBJi0EeCmK5Fa8B1nD63aLHygAnLVvM/edit
youtube.com/watch?v=3RjKv8J1y4U&list=PLymr7u2VFZIdy7ynRDwnvgkytiFnPPPkm&index=22
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Finally, Clemmy is able to escape from the Jaburo and sends you a message full of beating hearts. The shuttle she arrives in is a non-transforming Lunar model called a Tern, a pancake of a vessel with enough room for half a dozen people to be comfortable inside and the shape of a classic flying saucer. Six curved, bladelike legs descend from its underside, giving it a crablike gait as it scuttles into a bay and lifts itself up so that the cockpit hatch can open. Rather than having the usual liftwire, the hatch armor unfolds into stairs. Clemmy saunters down in her pilot suit with a heavy duffel slung over her shoulder and a slightly gloomy look on her face. When she sees you waiting for her, though, she perks right up and waves exuberantly.

Next to the transport Tern is a black-and-white mech. It has a pointed visor, and beneath it you can just discern the gleam of ten small sensor eyes. It has two of the 'bunny ear' style antennae. Although the frame and armor are black, it has a large white fin shaped like a bird's wing complete with sculpted feathers on the backside of each forearm and calf, curving backwards along the limb. The torso is also white, with long, sculpted pauldrons and tassets whose scalloped fringe gives it a look somewhere between an armored dress and a maid's apron. The Lieutenant pauses, glances at it again, then nearly doubles over laughing. You feel slightly hurt on Karen's behalf, hearing your mechanic hmph loudly behind you.

[Continued]

“You kept the Betta? Heeeeey, Fairy's gonna be mad about that. If you reverse-engineered that technology, it could be a problem for her.” The blonde woman laughs merrily to herself as she walks over and gives you a hug.

Karen, to her credit, gives her a big smile and a little bow, “Welcome to my territory. I'm afraid it's a little late for that, I've had plenty of time to look over the S-Betta and figure out how it works. So, you're Lieutenant Butcher or something, right? It's nice to meet you, I'm Karen Cohen.” She extends her hand with a pleasant smile.

Clemmy's eyes spit hellfire at her, “Lieutenant Alice C. Farragut. My friends call me Clemmy, but I don't know you.”

Karen isn't the bravest girl in the world, but she doesn't run away. She instinctively takes shelter behind you, yes, with her head poking out around your arm, but she doesn't run away, “Maybe we'll be friends someday?” She suggests hopefully.

Clemmy makes a face.

[Continued]

I think you might have calculated the cost for the Bluegills wrong Wong

>Clemmy makes a face.
What kind of face?

is it this face

Maybe we need to do some kind of waifu team building camp

Did I? How?

I did the maths here pastebin.com/cmSHEzGz Fighly likely I fucked up somewhere.
I was wondering how the fuck they were so cheap and why I couldn't get my things that price

Tell Clemmy we work on the Stern principle of dealing with mechanics. No beating up, maiming or injuring the help. Defending herself is fine however.

Then inform Karen and everyone not to fuck with Clemmy otherwise she might murder everyone.

Ok, I've stated the V08-1228 Grimgerde
pastebin.com/uzJ4mYWY

Now in need of professional review to see if it's legal and if it can enter the Mecha Tourney.

Briefly skimming through your numbers, they seem to check out. Perhaps the 66 CP cost is missing the 24 CP from armor?

Did you apply the armor to all the parts because that armor for that price doesn't seem right

You're suppose to?? No wonder it felt too cheap.

You need to put armor on all the servos and you will probably want more than 2 thrusters.

Ya it makes up a big chunk of your cp, mine costs about 70 of my 260

"What? We can be friends, right?" Karen, oblivious to the danger, blinks and smiles from behind her classes.

"So you're the lying glasses demon! I've heard ALL about you! Don't even bother trying to trick me so you can steal Roarke for yourself, I already know my real enemy is here, and I can't waste time on little distractions like you. Mousy mechanics should learn their place and not try to interfere with pilots and romances between pilots. It's okay, though, I won't hurt you just for trying to butt in on me and Roarke and him welcoming me and me planning to kiss him a lot. Just run along. Shoo." She makes a flippant hand gesture at Karen.

"Clemmy, you're not hurting Karen at all, period." You interject, "And she's not going to-"

Karen cuts you off, for once, "I can handle this myself, Roarke!" She puffs up with anger, thrusting her chest out and marching right up to Clemmy, "I'm not afraid of you either. Samantha told me all about you and what you do to people. If...if you think I'm going to let a violent bully like you do whatever you like in MY mech bay, you're going to be disappointed!"

"You think just because I'm in your castle, I can't rescue my prince from your wicked grasp? Stupid bitch!" Clemmy lunges a little, and you're forced to grab each of them by the wrist to stop them from going for their monoblade and wrench respectively.

So much for a peaceful homecoming.

On a related note, your mech will consequently weigh more than 23 tons. It would also be helpful if you listed out the components of your mated system - you have to pay the full individual costs and weights for both, though spaces are conserved.

You need to list your speed on there somewhere. Don't use the KK's format from the master pastebin, do it the way the Rogues' Gallery mecha are set up.

Good catch! Editing now!

We should give Clemmy a talk soon

You better roll that crit success again.

Fully armoured your mech costs around 126 without thrusters but I think the spaces are off with the weapons. That said since arm mounted shields only take up one spot anyway does that matter?

Ill leave this here as well its very handy, more instructions on 1d4chan if anyone needs them.
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HrqFYexa2QrbEBJi0EeCmK5Fa8B1nD63aLHygAnLVvM/edit

We do have 7 Luck.

Rolled 1 + 14 (1d10 + 14)

Lets see how the dice feel tonight

Also Wong how long until we rank up that seduction skill?

Rolled 3 (1d10)

The Dice Gods do not favor us tonight

By Jove, Thunder. That looks like it's gonna end well.

Rolled 10 + 14 (1d10 + 14)

Maybe a switch of music will make things better it won't

The dice gods are hoping for a murder, it seems

Also separate them. Put them in waifu timeout or something. Otherwise there'll be a shanking.

Rolled 1, 9, 8, 3, 8 = 29 (5d10)

Alright flushing the system

The gods hunger for blood.

please stop before you break everything

or 80's music

Nvm. The gods just hunger for music.

Thanks Toto you always give good rolls

I just wanted to make a cheap mech like the Bluegill
The last one I made ended up being a slightly faster, more expensive pumpkinseed totally by accident so I said why not

Clemmy's cuddle song is confirmed Africa? Let's get some vicious cuddling going!

Consider using less servos. A mechafighter consisting of just a torso and wings, or a 'humanoid' with just a torso, head, and legs, will cost less to purchase and to armor than a mech with the standard 6 servos. You'd have to mount your weapons internally or on Weapon Mounts, of course.

I really want it to be that ELO song, but the dice don't lie

I wanted it to be a mech rather than a jumped up plane. I made enough until the next time a dumb mecha idea lodges itself in my head.

Making cheap humanoids tends to be a problem, from what I can tell, because the frame and armor alone will cost upwards of 40-50 CP unless you're making a mech so small that its armor is next to worthless anyway.

You end up finding that you basically just have your choice of weapons and not much else, if you don't want to break the bank or start your inevitable downward spiral into madness by engaging in some rather questionable cheese.

Honestly, the issue with the harpy and bluegil and trying to get under their price is there really isn't any need for it nor is it a good idea at this point. The harpy is incredibly fragile as it is and the Bluegill, while relatively sturdy in comparison, is pretty basic. As is though, if you want cheap, you are going to have to have to cut somewhere, like space, armor, or speed. Really, the chance to start going cheeky hits around the 140-150 mark, where you can get some more expensive systems in or have room for specialized systems.

It was supposed to be a pirate mook along the lines of a bluegill anyway. Since the last one was sort of based of a Zaku II and the new one was supposed to be lighter and more maneuverable I was thinking of basing it of a Zudah

AW YES MECHA SPESS PIRAHTE QUEST LIVE AND RUNNING!

GO GO GO KNUCKLE KAISAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA KNUCKLE KAISAAAAAAAA GOOOO *insert hokey japanese 80s bgm*

is this a challenge

Damn, it's a lot harder than I thought it be. Questions, how do you stat shields using the ATM and how does mating melee weapons and shield actually work?

It is. Go wild while I try to figure out how to restat the Grimgerde.

Your arms have to strain to keep them from grabbing their respective weapons, "That's enough!"

"I can't tolerate her!"

"She's toxic and selfish and will only hurt you!"

"IS THIS HOW YOU WELCOME HIM HOME!? Shame on you both for dishonoring your man! If I were the Admiral, I would punish you both!" Speaks a scolding voice from atop the nearby Tarrasque. Fatima stands there like a judgmental goddess, arms folded and dark eyes flashing, "Disgraceful! Utterly disgraceful! He has been on a dangerous and trying voyage, and the first thing you do is cause him more stress!? If I were part of the Admiral's harem, I would greet him with a smile, ask if he desires a bath with me in it, and make sure he is properly fed and watered. Can't you even hold off until he's asleep? No wonder he is such a wolf when you all behave so poorly. Welcome back, Roarke." She spares YOU a warm smile before she resumes glaring at the others, showing neither more or less steel to either the UJCIDF girl or the lifelong pirate mechanic. "I hope these two know how lucky they are, that you are so kind and soft to them instead of confining them to the brig for this shameful display."

They wilt under the Saharan heat of Fatima's stare. Karen relaxes her grip on her wrench first.

>[What say?]

Damn son
Fatima a beast.

Look at Clemmy and Karen. Then back to brown arab girl, then hold sides and bust out laughing. Holy shit.

>What she said

Fatima shaping up to be den mother already

If its a regular shield I think you just follow the table and you might have to use binder space from the shields instead of mating

Seconded.

Well she does fly the Big Zam.

Give a polite "It's good to be back with everyone" and try to remain neutral. Ace, trap, mechanic, none can stand against the power that is Fatima's glare. The Big Zam helps.

YES. Oh god, Fatima. You're everything I've wanted, everything I've needed. Please, join us. I've been begging and hoping, pleading wildly, but my cries are rarely listened to.

Ahem. "Thank you, Fatima. I couldn't have said it better myself. But I don't think I could do that to them. I care about them far too much to punish them too seriously, too bad I don't have someone to help me with that..." Siiigh. "I just have to handle my disappointment and sadness that two people I love so dearly can't handle being around eachother..."

This hokey enough for you user?

youtube.com/watch?v=3RjKv8J1y4U&list=PLymr7u2VFZIdy7ynRDwnvgkytiFnPPPkm&index=22

Where are you guys getting interservo weapon linkage?

The unreadable tome that is the ATM

It's in the ATM, not the Core Rulebook.

At this point it's become a sort of unholy tome that has driven many of us mad.

Cool Cool. I'll read up on it once my movie is finished.

I think if you want to fit your weapon into a shield with binder space you need a 11 SP shield with 1/3 of its kills turned into binder space. It should cost 20.7 CP altogether for a single shield/sword combo unless I fucked up somewhere

More than once I have felt its siren song to build silly robots while I have been away from home.

You're a little overwhelmed. You look at Clemmy. You look at Karen. You look at Fatima. Feeling no more pressure from them towards grabbing their weapons, you release their arms...then grab your sides and burst out in gales of laughter. It might not be the coolest thing you've ever done, but it's what you feel.

They stare at you until you recover and hug both of the quarreling girls, "It's good to be home. Thank you, Fatima. I'm going to miss having you around."

Her expression loses most of its intensity, her eyes flashing with something unidentifiable, "I'm just trying to make your life easier. I'm beginning to think some of your flaws come from the environment nobody has improved for you rather than your nature." She pauses, then adds more quietly, "Even though you stole my knights, hijacked my bridal voyage, delayed my special day, drained my allowance, and have been responsible for countless small humiliations, I'm going to miss you too." She smiles softly, grabbing the liftwire and twirling gracefully around it as she rides it to the bay floor, "The Archen is docking. Your situation might become more complicated rapidly."

Glancing down the bay, you can see Red Siren's mech landing.

Fatima puts her hand on your shoulder, "It would not be shameful to avoid whatever explosion these three cause. I would be happy to protect you for a while, if you want to go for a walk."

>[Take her up on it]
>[Be there for the storm]

"If they can't contain themselves, I don't think I should be here for it. I trust them enough to not need me hovering over them at all times, though."

>Take her up on it.

>[Take her up on it]

On one hand I want to be their for this, but on the other hand I want to make sure we up Fatima's s-link so she sticks around

>>[Be there for the storm]
I kinda want to take her up on it. But goddamn, this'll be a show.
We need popcorn.

>>[Take her up on it]
Been a whirl wind the last few days, what with the scavvies and Miss Mask, so taking a quick leave isn't a bad idea. Let them blow off steam, then apply med kits and TLC when the storm passes.

Tarrasque date! Bring beer If alcohol isn't haram for her

We going to be shooting asteroids and singing our tunes. Then we reach for the joystick accidentally. Fatima goes red and casts her eyes down. Roarke laughs it off and shoots an asteroid. They start singing again to get back in the mood. Then a piece of asteroid hits the Tarrasque lightly. The cockpit jerks. Fatima lands in Roarke's embrace. They freeze for 15 seconds. Exactly 15. Fatima punches the eject button. She blows her top while floating in space with her cockpit.

"NOOOO!! How could I freeze there! I-I-In that wolf's embrace. Even if it was warm... and smells... That's not the point! That was uncouth for a lady! I should have...."

Then she remembers the cockpit seats two pilots.

"I can always watch the fireworks on the security cameras later. Besides, I have to be able to trust them to get along without me around. Let's go." You smile back at Fatima.

"But Roarke!" Clemmy and Karen are in complete agreement for the first time.

"No. The two of you have to learn to be more mature and look out for each other. Fatima is absolutely right, the next time one of you draws a weapon on the other, I'll spank you..." You falter as their expressions grow somewhat hopeful, "Actually, I'll throw you in the brig." Their hope fades into pitiful pouting. You force your heart to stay stony, "Let's go."

"Coming, Admiral. I'll show you what the Tarrasque can do, later, right now all I want is to stretch my legs." She stretches, taking your arm casually and adding, "We can find something to drink on the way."

Her legs are long, and now that she's in pilot's attire rather than a form-concealing Martian robe, you can tell how fit she is. It wouldn't surprise you if you could count her abdominal muscles if you weren't worried about her reaction if she caught you staring.

[Continued]

Who has better abs? Clemmy or Fatima?

Probably Clemmy

It's not quite sunset on Auditorium, but the light is beginning to assume that coppery hue you associate with it, the light casting bronze shadows on the whitecaps of the artificial lake. A flock of seagulls fly overhead, their cries simultaneously raucous and mournful as the two of you walk together through the seaside residential district. The bottles in the six-pack of beer dangling from your hand clink together rhythmically as you walk along together.

She's quiet, staring out with an oddly wistful expression at the water. She was reasonably chatty, talking about the repairs to the Tarrasque and how she's glad you removed the parts tainted by being touched by the Green Skulls directly, she even joked about how she was really the one paying for the beer when you got it. Over the last quarter-hour or so, though, her conversation has faded to silence, and there's something oddly sad about the usually fierce woman.

>[Ratchet the cool up full blast, it's been a while since you've done that]

>I'm getting that heavy feeling around you again, like you got the weight of the world on your shoulders. Whats going on?

I'm guessing this will be the last time you're going to be this free, anything you wanna do before you get married?

>"Well then, considering all that' happened, how would you rate Admiral Roarke's Kidnapping Adventure. It's no 5 star cruise, but I hope the entertainment and accommodations have managed to meet your expectations. Maybe I should take some pointers for future ventures?"

Joking out of the way, makes a good point as well.

"Did you know? The early pioneers of space travel would often lose their directional senses while they were out here. Couldn't tell North from South. I guess that happens when you live in a universe that seems that much bigger. Big enough to swallow little people like us. You seem like you are lost. Talk to me. I'll lend you a shoulder. I could be an anchor you can hold on to so that you can figure out your direction again. You don't have to worry about drifting aimlessly. I wouldn't let go of your hand unless you wished for it. "

"Well then, considering all that' happened, how would you rate Admiral Roarke's Kidnapping Adventure. It's no 5 star cruise, but I hope the entertainment and accommodations have managed to meet your expectations. Maybe I should take some pointers for future ventures?" You grin at her, opening things up with a joke.

"What?" She looks up at you, confused, then grins wanly back. "Well, the staff were dreadfully rude and the pick-up was a little...rough...but the host can be quite charming when he bothers to be, and the fact that he took my wedding present back from some truly dreadful people is rather endearing. The food was so-so, and the brig was dull, but my current room is rather nice and I've enjoyed seeing the stars from your ship."

"Not bad for an intemperate beast." You shoot her a wink.

"إلا إذا كان يمكنني أن أقول لك كم كنت تعني بالنسبة لي ، يا ذئب ." She says something in Arabic, then sighs heavily, stopping to look down at the water.

"I'm getting that heavy feeling from you again, like you've got the weight of the world on your shoulders." You venture. She doesn't respond, so you keep talking, "Did you know? The early pioneers of space travel would often lose their directional senses while they were out here. Couldn't tell North from South. I guess that happens when you live in a universe that seems that much bigger. Big enough to swallow little people like us. I'm only a pirate, but I've got two shoulders and can lend you one if you want."

[Continued]

>لا إذا كان يمكنني أن أقول لك كم كنت تعني بالنسبة لي ، يا ذئب
>If only I could tell you how much you mean to me, my wolf

Looks like were getting in their easier then expected

>إلا إذا كان يمكنني أن أقول لك كم كنت تعني بالنسبة لي ، يا ذئب
>If only I could tell you how much you mean to me , my wolf
Cute as fuck

The under dog shooting straight from the bottom Well, still above Karen to heights untold. Will She go the distance and pass Clemmy/Red Siren?

Time will tell but I think she'll try with Sam for the number 2 spot

Th, I say each girl provides a important part. Sam is quiet, noble support. Keren is the techy and youthful energy. Karen is the wild and brutal sort. Siren is the charisma and face, and Fatima is the discipline the lot need so they don't kill one another.

Like a power rangers team of waifus really.

"Even a strong pair of shoulders can already be overburdened with more troubles than a humiliated pilot turned captive deserves to add to. Do not trouble yourself." She turns away.

"It's too late, I'm already troubled by seeing you unhappy." You insist, "Fa, please, don't do this alone."

She's as stubborn as you've come to expect, her shoulders only tense more, her knuckles whitening as she grips the railing.

"Why now? You're finally about to leave, you're going to get married and do all those things you've wanted to do. I'm even considering giving you the Tarrasque. As a wedding gift." Her back, shapely as it is, is like a wall in front of you, hard as stone and only half as yielding. Slowly, realization starts to dawn, "Do you not want to go back?"

"It's not about wanting, Admiral." She says, her voice dry and rough, "I am Fatima Ahmad, daughter of Abdul Ahmad. I am more than just an individual woman with her own desires and strengths, I am a daughter of a family line that stretches back to the first Muslim King of Britain on ancient Terra. This alliance will wed strength and influence in the new Solar System League to my father's household, my children could be generals in the unified army and spread the light of the sun to every system mankind has touched. If I back out, my father would never openly do anything but support my decision...but there would be ash on his good name. My sisters, when they grow older, might also find it harder to find a good husband because they would be tarred by my dishonor. I...I have...that night...I have been a very foolish, sentimental woman, Roarke Starwind. Please, forgive me for leading you on, and try to be happy." She lowers her head and does something you never, ever wound have imagined Fatima doing, covering her eyes with her hands and running away from you.

>[Go after her, if so what say?]
>[Let her be]

Wonder whose gonna the Green Ranger who comes in and immediately becomes the most popular waifu

>I'm even considering giving you the Tarrasque. As a wedding gift
No you fucking arent.

Oda

>But I won't be happy with out you

>[Let her be]
Respect her decisions until the inevitable double cross. Then no ones honor gets tarnished.

>first Muslim King of Britain

Cheeky Wong

>Go after her.
"Do you know why I'm a pirate, Fatima? Because I value only one thing more than freedom, and that's love."

Well technically its because we were already a criminal street thug when a bunch of pirates noticed how good we were at sim games and recruited us, but love is up there.

Just a thought but what if we challenged her father and fiance to a duel for her hand, if we win then no one loses honor

There's always going to be an open spot on my crew if you want it Fatima

Karen is the best girl because every time she shows up someone gets butthurt about her.

Not 100% sure but I dont think thats how muslim arranged marriages work.

But when we have their daughter/fiaance ransom and demand a fight at the stake of their honor they might

"A man doesn't watch his woman cry and do nothing about it. A man would fight for his woman. To shoulder any and all burdens that she would choose to share. For that which she doesn't, then he will support her any way he could. All to give her happiness. All to protect her smile. Will you entrust your smile to me? Fatima, will you be mine? "

We need an expert on Islam. Any Britbongs around? Other western Europeans will work fine too.

But isn't it also important to make the best decision for your family as well as yourself? Think of what you have seen this entire trip. Good plans almost falling awry because of someone's ill intent. Just because he might make strong bonds doesn't mean he will. Besides, wouldn't you like to see the character of the one you betroth before agreeing that? You deserve that much at least.

Not a good idea, but I advise another; when we do the exchange, work with Fatima and Karen to make a dummy transport ship with her in the tarrasque. We send the ship over in good faith first then ask for the money. If it is a trap.. then we will make the entire thing that more obvious and sour his name.