All time high happening thread

All time high happening thread.

>How big will it get this time??

might breaking beyond $12000
since some whale bought 2000btc around 11600-11800.
check 1min volume on bitfinex.

>tfw he could of spent that on LINKIES

Meh

I panick sold all, did I fuck up?

what the fuck were you panicking about

By end of March guaranteed 100k+

>did i fuck up

No. This rally is delusional. Ask yourself this question: "Bitcoin is cool and all, but what the fuck can I actually DO with it?"

and when you've answered that, ask yourself if those uses justify a $12,000 price tag and all the fees that go with it.

I can buy altcoins with it

its called store muh wealth in someting that going to 1M each cant be taxed or seized or diluted

oh and i can teleport my money....what more do you want?

>sell my btc at 250 in 2014
>come back and buy at 11000 ath like a tard
>make 1000 anyway
lel

>going to 1m each

No, it's not.

And all of your other conditions can be performed by 100 alts that are light years ahead of BTC in every aspect.

The Petro dollar is going to collapse.

Someday, yes. What's your point?

T. Salty altcoiner

But all Altcoins are linked to BTC. If that goes done, all Alts go down too

Buy tons of weed.
Theres a reason why Koreans are adopting crypto so hard.

Apart from normies coming in to buy them to inflate the price

> he could have spent that on kitties

which are bought with bitcoin

All fiat. Waiting for the dip instead. Preferably 7-8k.

>in every aspect

yeah except one

Really? You mean I can't buy ETH with USD?
Or XRP?
Or IOTA?
Or BCH?
Or DASH?
Or LTC?
Or XMR?

Shall I go on?

Please tell me it's actually coming though.........

It is, and I suspect it will drop a lot farther than that.

It might, but it'll probably climb to 14k before that. I'm just not willing to risk it.

Newfag here, how do the more experienced people handle situations like this?

Do you set stop orders? How do you go about setting the correct thresholds? Do you combine it with a limit?

I'm uneasy setting stop orders due to the volatility I've observed in the last few days, with rates dropping by 15% or so, just to bounce back immediately, all in a matter of seconds.
It just sounds like a recipe to get fucked over if your decisions aren't carefully chosen and deliberate, and simply holding being the more secure, though not most profitable option.

Would appreciate any advice.

What makes you think this? All I see so far is it breaking all time highs, and institutions taking interest. I want it to enter fucking free fall, but I cant see it at the moment.

>What makes you think this?

Because Bitcoin has little to no utility. This rally is all FOMO. Think about it... what good is a "currency" that would force you to stand in a checkout aisle for 4 fucking hours waiting for your money to arrive?

>institutions taking interest

This isn't a good thing. Institutional money means Wall St. When the ETFs arrive they will manipulate BTC easier than a crack whore. If they want it down, it will go down. They will naked short the fucker right into the ground if that's the mood of the day. The core concept of Bitcoin was "decentralization" and "anti-bank", and you're literally playing right into their hands with this "institutional money" bullshit.

You'll see.

50% btc 50% usdt and buy back in a few weeks/months when that wall street shit is over
if btc goes up you gained money, if it goes down you'll be up in btc when you buy back

we're in a particularly tight situation with this parabolic trend so it's risky, but generally bitcoin veterans are just holding

yeah...some of the alts thats why you diversify...

but ultimately and alt needs enough devs and network effect and depth for liquidity so eth, dash , NEM, LTC and a few others and your going to capture 70% of the rise to 1M

99% of alts plus will never have the liquidity for a start.

Thanks.

bitcoin being slow and hard to spend makes it even closer to gold
gold has some use but it's not worth the 8 trillion marketcap it has
bitcoin has some use too, it's the door to all blockchain tech
both are being speculated on

to me that wall street money is bad of course, but they're used to way more stability, I think they're so used to buy/sell after 1-2% volatility it'll make it more stable

I understand its a shitcoin and its not really decentralised but why does that mean it will crash. I'd say 70% of people who have invested have no idea how it works.

>No. This rally is delusional. Ask yourself this question: "Bitcoin is cool and all, but what the fuck can I actually DO with it?"
>and when you've answered that, ask yourself if those uses justify a $12,000 price tag and all the fees that go with it.
So what? Bitcoin is almost 12,000 dollars higher than when you guys started saying this and you still don't get that it doesn't matter?

yeah nah its called LN, also retial money is nothing you iddiooot, muh amazon muh retial is a rounding error on large purcahses and payments like, house loans, swaps, the nightly etc, repayments on loans.....

no banks can only print fiat and force the price up, thye have to actually hold btc to be able to deliver on the shorts, they can fake it like every other asset

>"gold is cool but what can I actually DO with it?"

What kind of device did you just type that up on right now, moron? A typewriter?

Come back when you can speak english.

It's only a matter of time.

yeah thats a come back...attack the issues...pro tip u did not and cannot c u at 1M USD

yeah, use in electronic totally justifies the market cap of gold, you fucking retard

I provided no rebuttal because YOU WROTE LITERAL GIBBERISH you fucking illiterate twat. Fuck off.

reminder that bitcoin is not digital gold, bitcoin is digital diamonds
>cornered by a cult of collective delusion
>marketed to the masses by cult members with an interest
>market substitutes to the veblen goods that are gemstone cartel diamonds exist and are the clear choice of industry for the niche applications that do exist
>if anything the gemstone diamonds will just a byproduct of industrial ended mining as the generational marketing scam of diamonds fades

Considering gold is required for virtually every device with a CPU, including those creating and processing your fucking dinosaur coin, I'd say it's pretty goddamn justified.

You are one stupid motherfucker, you know that?

that is just unimaginably dense

what I wrote is

Retail, standing in a que is a rounding error of economic value. Public monies, savings, home loans, banking, shares, international value swaps and loans, financial instruments are 99%+ of value. Btc and alts are coming for a good portion of of that the whole dot com boom was a rounding error on financial/public money, your just used to thinking retail sales is were its at. It's not.

Secondly fiat must be used to get the BTC to be able to hold and sell back the short, the only way to do this is print more fiat, unlike every other market which can be rigged, taxed, seized, shut down or diluted.

Why did you ignore my post stating that yes gold is useful but we don't need 8 trillions worth of gold ? It's way more overvalued than bitcoin and you know it.

The entire modern world runs on computers you unbelievable retard. Do you think technological infrastructure is made of fucking fairy dust or something?

I can't even begin to comprehend this level of ignorance. I'm out.

I bought ETH and LTC with USD.

comparing irreplicable, precious and finite physical elements of the earth to virtual buttcoins.

Please tell me you're joking

Gold has literally 10 thousand years of history behind it and UNIVERSAL adoption. Gold is the first thing on peoples minds when you say "rich" or "money". Gold is fucking gold. It will take DECADES before Bitcoin gets even 5% of the recognition and adoption that gold has. So don't compare the two.