Stat me Veeky Forums

20 str
16 dex
20 con
20 int
12 wis
16 cha

owlbear with green paint

I'd give him 18 or 16 Str but that's just me.

Why would such a frail old ork have such high str, dex and con? Look at him, he's all hunched over from orksteoporosis. He probably has no muscles underneath those rags.

Bitch you thought.

Gul'Dan and Go'el are both faggots for cheating in honor duels.

And that's why we call Go'el, Thrall because he will always be a bitch.

18 Str
10 Dex
16 Con
18 Int
8 Wis
20 Cha

Wouldn't his wisdom be higher for spellcasting?

Warlocks use Cha.

16 and 20 cha is 'far' to high.
Gul'dan got where he did because.
1. Gul'dan had the literal keys to the kingdom.
2. By being da most toughest and buffest weirdboy ever.
^^^
3. Orcs are obsessed with that kind of stuff.

He never displayed any real signs of charisma. The only time his rule get's challenged his athourity crumbles on the spot.
He has charisma 8-10 he's probobly worse then the average Joe.

IMDb: 7.6
RT: 27%

But Gul'dan is good at manipulating people so it wouldn't be that low. It has to be high enough he can bull shit the average Orc with ease.

basically every orc is a bitch

He's not old actually, Gul'dan was Ner'Zhuls apprentice before he threw his lot in with Kil'Jaden. He looks all old and malformed because he's been dealing with fel-energies and shit that's caused him physical deformity in exchange for Exceptional Warlock abilities.

Thrall didn't cheat neither him nor hellscream decided to strip naked so it's fine

Is the movie any good? Looks sorta dungeon siege tier, but the china seems to like it

It's fun, but not good. More so if you are a Warcraft fan. But there are a lot of times where it seems to jump around and that's because they cut like, 40 minutes from the movie.

Its okay. Better than the Hobbit movies.

But a lot of shit gets thrown at you, and for Warcraft fans some of the retcons hurt.

Plus there's this one scene that comes out of nowhere and relies on you having read the Warcraft 2 manual, read one of the comics and remembered the protagonist's name (Alodi), and also having played the newest expansion.

I mean...I was fucking waiting for pic related to happen, and got massive blueballs from it not.

Which scene?

The fucking giant magic cube.

They identify it as Alodi's. Alodi was the very first Guardian, from the Warcraft: Legends comics. The cube itself is first shown in the currect expansion to World of Warcraft, Legion.

Inside is Medivh's mother Aegwynn, who delivers important plot progression, but they never explain who she is leaving the audience scratching their heads at what the fuck just happened.

Unless you mean the pic. Which was Gul'dan losing consciousness and going into a coma while communing with Medivh at the moment he died, because Gul'dan was trying to identify the location of the Tomb of Sargeras (what he came to that world for, because Medivh told him it has the secrets of godhood inside, because Sargeras was basically Warcraft Satan and Medivh was possessed from birth by him and...its a long story). So Doomhammer took advantage of it to challenge Blackhand, Gul'dan's retarded warchief pawn, to a duel to the dwath which he won as you see. Thrall's parents are killed like a year later.

The movie fucks the timeline hard to

-make Thrall's parents more important than just being his parents.

The rest of the post got cut off, sorry.

Have troll butts to make up for it.

>The movie fucks the timeline hard to
not like literally every game hasn't retconned the timeline in some way

blizzard's storytelling is such a trainwreck for consistency

That's not exactly a very high set criteria to meet user.

He did cheat though. Thrall had to resort to magic in order to win. Just like Gul'Dan did.

I really am looking forward to the possibility of a second movie

Trolls, ogres, death knights, paladins, Uther, Zul'jin and Cho'gall especially

Orcs don't consider Shaman magic to be cheating, since its literally the central part of the exact same traditions that their challenges have legitimacy in.

Demon magic on the other hand was new, not part of the traditions, and was cheating.

Doubt it.

They'll have the fall of Stormwind be the entire movie. Its clear they are milking this.

Warcraft 2 will be move #3-5. Then Thrall's story. THEN Arthas, in three movies.

There is not enough shit in Warcraft 1 left to fill a movie

The fall of Stormwind will be the opening to Warcraft 2, probably with a voice over, then the rest of the movie will be Tides of Darkness, with the third movie, if there is one, being Beyond the Dark Portal

Ugh, hammy fucking Alleria/Turalyon romance.

Day of the Dragon will be squashed into like ten minutes to make way for it.

That's what you're worried about?

I'm worried about half the screen time being taken up by Thrall's boring-ass backstory. Not his escape from Blackmoore, just him being raised by Blackmoore

That's a given though.

Thrall, Malfurion, Ragnoros, or another of Metzen's husbandos.

I liked Thrall up to Cata. I could give less shits about the rest of them

>Day of the Dragon
I haven't read that book but I thought most people hate Knaak's stuff.

Yeah that's what everbody expected from Gul'Dan during the movie, but nope he pulls a Roshi and goes full power

Most of those sound terrible, but a Ragnaros movie could be fun, if we used the invasion of hyjal in Cata as a starting point to write a script.

Gul'dan is veyr good at manipulating people, and charisma also represents a more abstract "force of personality" (which is why sorcerers cast using charisma; it's about imposing your will on magic to make it do what you want), which he definitely has in spades.

Plus warlocks are Cha-based casters in DnD, and Gul'dan is an incredibly powerful warlock.

The whole thing about the demon possessing Mediev was also just kind of...there. The movie make sno mention of Mediev having been possessed by Sargeras since birth, or the reason why demon!Mediev contacted Gul'dan and showed the orcs how to get to Azeroth.
I wish they'd have included a scene with Gu'dan communicating with Mediev or Kil'jaeden, or made some mention of the Legion in order to tie that a bit better to the plot (they could've really just had Gul'dan give the same speech as he does in WoD when empowering the orcs with fel magic). I suppose that might happen in the sequel, since they're clearly setting up a lot of stuff for another movie.

I think they were keeping it intentionally vague to keep the mystery up. The only characters who know of the demons are Medivh and Gul'dan, and most of the demon stuff only came to the forefront in later games

I thought that part was alright. It's like a bonus for hardcore Warcraft fans, they know why he's like that and what happens after

YOUR OTHER HONOR

19th level Warlock
14 str
10 dex
18 con
15 int
8 wis
20 cha

I know next to nothing about Warcraft and I enjoyed the hell out of it.

Found the Orcs way more interesting to watch than the humans, though, who were kind of bland.

Funny enough that's how World of Warcraft is.
Blizzard tries really damn hard to make the humans a bunch of assholes and nazis while the Orcs are seen as "BLOOD AND THUNDER" through the human point of view they're actually fucking softies and more focused on to make their expansions more deep which actually makes it really annoying since it's been the same shit the entire warcraft's existence

>orksteoporosis

Day of the Dragon is hardly a well written book, but it's functional genre fantasy, and as far as Knaak's writings go it's the least offensive one. I'm willing to give it a pass just because it was the first piece of Warcraft media to flesh out the Aspects.

There are no retcons. It's a completely different and independant story.

Legion isn't the current expansion.
Also, I remember the cube being in Dalaran back in Wrath. I could be mistaken.

Last i checked, Intimidate is a Charisma skill, and the reason so many follow him, is because the warchief fears him.

Charisma isn't always about inspiring other people.

Yeah I thought the cube was in Dalaran in wotlk because it looked familiar to me but I had no idea what the hell it was.

Mak'goras have changed definition all over the place. From getting naked and beating another man with your fists or chosen weapons, to tests of abilities.

Thrall and Garrosh had a skill duel, each wore what they normally do because Garrosh only wears pants with a glove, he's traditional. So the fight was even on a warrior vs shaman fight

Plot Armor

Well Warcraft 3 alone has the potential for 3-4 movies. Arthus' pursuit of Malganis and going down the slippery slope, followed by getting Frostmourne and becoming a DK, then reviving Kel'thuzad then summoning the burning legion could either be 1 or 2 movies.

Then you have Thrall rallying the remnants of the Horde and getting them to Kalimdor, meeting with the Tauren then finding the Oracle, then the Horde allying with the Alliance to save the Warsong Clan, then the big fight of Thrall and Grom vs Mannoroth could be its own movie.

To wrap it all up you have the Tyrande finding out about all the bad shit going on, awakening (Mal)Furion and the rest of the druids, then we go off on a tangent with Illidan killing... Tychondrius?, being currupted by the skull of Gul'Dan and all that, then finally the Night Elves allying with the Horde and Alliance to woop up on Archimonde.

What would you call the Warcraft 3 trilogy?

Gul'dan

15th level sorceror/4th level fighter/1st level healer/10th level warlock/5th level shaman.

Str 23, dex 24, con 27, int 21, wis 28, cha 32.

-Shadows and Light, pg. 38.

Reign of Chaos of course

Shouldn't his stat his warlock level be higher?

Sorcerrer might actually fit the warcraft idea of a warlock in dnd terms

Don't warlocks still have some form a pact? They have quest chains to get the demons they summon.

Warcraft really would have worked better as a tv show. The plot just trundles along from one big event to another, war 3 is four 3 act stories back to back. This shit does not work in film.

But it wouldn't have budget to have a horde of orcs riding red dragons,have decent costuming for Cho'gall, or special effects needed for the magic.

No they don't. Jesus, you haven't played in a while, have you?

To be fair the vanilla game seems like it was the best.

current wow lore is trash though.
Warcraft ended with Wotlk

It was so loyal to the aesthetic of the games that I wished it had been a Warhammer movie instead.

please don't.
The shoulderpads were terribly small.

Yeah, because the Eredar corrupting Sargeras so he could corrupt the Draenei into the Eredar is fucking gold level lore, right?

Vanilla WoW was the only version of WoW with good lore, everything else has varied between utter shit and half-decent.

Blizzard being willing to retcon literally everything each expansion certainly doesn't help matters either.

I'm not really talking about 40k or whatever WHFB has become now, but more classic WHFB - I mean, think of Realms of Chaos or Slaves to Darkness. Think of the gothic medieval fusion fuckery of the empire. That's just a more original/distinctive aesthetic that I'd prefer to see on the big screen.

This thread has motivated me to download and actually finish Warcraft 3 (last time I bothered was ~10 years ago and I basically only got it for DotA).

Any tips? No worries about spoilers, I know the story.

Honestly, that one retcon doesn't bother me so much since neither the eredar or the draenei had much depth to begin with, and I think the nathrezim make for better corruptors in any case.

That said, I agree that Blizzard's eagerness to retcon has grown completely out of control by this point. Shit's getting silly.

well humans are baseline empathic, well meaning people - the efforts to make them look grey is by making them Nazis.

The Orcs are baseline cruel, savage and bloodthirsty - To make THEM look grey, you must make them look softer, more compationate and full of good will

I'm just salty because I really wanted green, deformed not!Orcs and got blue, Germanic space-goats instead.

Also;
If your story is not good enough to stand with the works that precede it, then it does not deserve to be told.

The only nazi humans I can think of are Garithos and then the Scarlet Crusade. Most of them seem fine and reasonable. I can't blame Jaina for wanting to go murder hobo on the Horde considering how much she has stuck her neck out for Thrall and them and then Garrosh fucks up all her shit.

daily reminder that admiral proudmoore was completely and totally right about everything

yeah, no one doubts that.

I can see the logic here, but it's kinda stupid.

All the Orcs need to be is repentant for their hand in the Burning Legion's plot. All the humans need to be is unwilling to forgive the races of the Horde their past transgressions.

But that doesn't make the Alliance the bad guys and the Orcs the good guys. And for whatever asinine reason, Blizzard seems to want people to think the Horde are the bad guys and that the Alliance are the good guys and then be wrong on both accounts.

There's nothing wrong with having one faction be evil (hell at this point it'd be a breath of fresh air), but nobody wants to be the company that nuts up and does it.

Humans aren't Nazis at all.

>There's nothing wrong with having one faction be evil
I liked that the Horde was doing more classic Horde shit in Cata and Pandaria. Then fucking Vol'jin had to fuck up and go back to status quo.

Why does Thrall refuse to accept responsibility about Garrosh? He's the one that dragged him off of Draenor. He's the one that told him your dad wasn't a terrible person which caused him to be more like him. He's the one that appointed him Warchief when everyone(including him) said that was a terrible idea. He was the one that surrounded Garrosh by advisors that didn't want to help him.

Garrosh did nothing wrong; he's only a product of Thrall's idiocy.

Special traits:
Creative Usage Of Fel Magic To Empower Things With It That Were Not Meant For That
Magnificent Bastard
Cool Accent
So Much Of An Asshole That You Can't Hate Him For That

>Why does Thrall refuse to accept responsibility about Garrosh?

He's going to.
The Elements dropped his ass.

that's what I'm saying. Humans are great guys, and if they wanna show "No humans sometimes are bad" they have to have one who thinks blood elves should be killed in gas chambers.

Why were there no Paladins or priests in the movie?

Whoops, wrong Gul'dan.
Disregard that post.

Paladins don't show up yet and the movie was full enough without Priests.

Day of the Dragon is pretty entertaining in everything that is not purely related to main human character.

Warlocks still didn't had any pact though.
Fel magic was never displayed as pact magic, but more of magic that was powered with souls and blood, in books too.

we won't see death knights next movie. most likely not even in the third.

Warcraft 3 has such a massive amount of things happening, too much for a movie.

You'll need an entire movie just to make the scourge of lordaeron and arthas travel to northrend believeable and meaningful.

Was it a good idea to leave his corpse there? We didn't even bury him & this is a world with all sorts of necromancers. I wouldn't be surprised if we see some kind of zombie Garrosh in the future.

You're thinking of the wrong Death Knights, user. He's talking about the ones with the Shadow Councils' souls bound to the reanimated corpses of fallen humans.

>next movie

>being so delusional you think there won't be a sequel

That's the thing. I liked Garrosh because he wasn't evil for enjoyment, he's screwed over by his circumstances & Blizzard. When Garrosh laughed at Thrall & guys after being defeated & claimed that what he did was for the Horde, I get it. He & Thrall both have very different views on what the Horde is & ironically Garrosh's view is closer to what the old Horde actually was.

I had the theory since Gul'dan is still around that he'll Garrosh into an original Death Knight. Garrosh stuck in a human body would be amazing.

Paladins didn't exist at that point in the lore, the Silver Hand was created in Lordaeron after Stormwind was sacked.

>Gul'dan puts Garrosh's soul in Varian's body.

Make it happen, Blizz.

3 will probably be a two parter anyway. Hopefully with the first part by Duncan Jones, then someone else doing Frozen Throne.

>Putting soul of a warrior in a body of a warrior
Put in there a caster or go home!

I wouldn't be shocked if we end up with some Orcish Burning Crusade Lich King equivalent or otherwise. Garrosh is a strong warrior & I say his corpse there is begging for tampering with.

user that's a good and cool idea so it's not going to happen.