Our hero carries an axes with a giant embedded gemstone

>Our hero carries an axes with a giant embedded gemstone

How much more assured his her imminent death?

>large and unwieldy
>difficult to carry and travel with
>3/10 would not pay the iron price for

I don't know user, it seems to be working out for her so far.

depends on a lot of variables that you've failed to mention.

This. Could be a super magic gem. Could be a cursed gem. Could be just bling. Could be our hero is a superhuman badass and can heft that thing in one hand easy.

I never got that half foot thing.

Whats the purpose of keeping your toes exposed if your still wearing something?

Fantasy logic generally has gems acting as focal points for enchantments, so that's probably a super powerful axe.

Better traction?

It's sexy

Well I suppose I cant argue on this one

Arch support.

I find myself a hypocrite in these threads.

I'm 100% ok with impractical weapons. But impractical armor bothers me.

Honestly, I think it just comes down to aesthetic preference. Arguments over realism and justifications for x, y and z are pointless. Include what you think is cool and make it work for you, otherwise screw it.

One and not the other can also create an interesting combination. Dark Souls, for example, has plenty of impractical weapons but generally sticks to practical armour.

But I'm inconsistent. Makes me feel sad in the ontology.

Eh, it depends on how it all comes together. I think Dark Souls has a consistent aesthetic, for example, despite the weapons often being ridiculous while the armour remains much more grounded. They're just elements of a visual theme, rather than a definitive set of things which must go together.

That's nothing, our hero carries a weapons that's always on fire.

I think your anthill is on fire.

Ninja? Shrine maiden? Samurai?

I can't tell what the outfit is supposed to mean.

>that fucking unnecessary -ess ending.

For fuck's sake, barbarian isn't a gendered title. It'd be like calling a chick from New York a New Yorkess

I would say Ninja with the arm and leg guards, but lack of any other armor.
Not to mention the revealing kimono and exposed feet.

Saber?

Ninja.

Shrine maidens have the exposed shoulders.

Sorry, wrong picture.

I really dig the bull pauldron. Gives a whole new meaning to shoulder charge.

Some version of her I think its called sakura

she also carries my entire body weight localised in her hips

It's a compromise between some minimal protection for your feet but still being able to use your toes to grip.

This
I like unique outfits that enhance a character trait

She's pretty meaty.

Which might explain why she uses a barbecue as a weapon.

Not the worst footwear i've seen.

Found her Husband.

Aren't there shoes that give each toe the ability to grab? I heard they're great for hiking and stuff.

Vibram 5 fingers you mean?

Yes. Never knew what they were called.

Okita Soji. Purposely made with a Saber Face as a joke towards someone who said 'can't you make something besides another Saber?'

He can. He just didn't want to.

>For fuck's sake, barbarian isn't a gendered title.

No, but it should be.

Getout.

>Aren't there shoes that give each toe the ability to grab? I heard they're great for hiking and stuff.

Consider that she's a barbarian with an unrealistic style.

I think the proper word is barbarienne, like comedienne.

How the hell can your character physically carry around multiple instances of non-concrete bisection lines? Lines which, by definition, have no thickness?
I play a setting where gem inserts, or any other type of structural impact to the weapon, will negatively affect the weapon's ability to survive damaging blows. It doesn't really help that our GM is a structural engineer and embodies the term 'pedantic' when he's talking about anything physically created by sentient beings.

Yes, but what about her weapon?

Sides have achieved escape velocity.

The arc of the foot is the most sensitive while the toes are the part with the most traction. By covering the arch you provide the greatest compromise between protecting from stepping on sharp objects and maintaining traction.

Now, the toes still get cold easy and can still be crushed but I assume that A) Hailing from the Frozen North she has a resistance to cold, hence the leather bikini, and B) She's smart/skilled enough to keep people from stomping on her toes.