Warhammer 40k General

Not using the OP for shitpost images edition

>rules
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGs..
kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQ
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>7th edition reference sheet
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7ed..

>Forge World
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apo..

>White Dwarf
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGs..
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7ed..
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apo..
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCghttps://kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html
games-workshop.com/resources/catalog/product/600x620/99120101122_BATacticalSquad03.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

when do I get fires of cyraxus
need me a dune train for my tin men

Tell me about the last game you played.
What were the armies? What happened? Who won?

Some time late this year or early next year.

Enjoy the 110$+ troop transport.

What do you have against someone fielding one Imperial Knight at games of over 1,500 points?

Anyone know of a torrent for all of miniwargamings paid battle reports?

Most of their free ones for 7th have been filled with that faggot quirk and other random 12 year old guests

I don't, so long as you make sure your opponent is ok with it.

My list can't kill it, guaranteed, but I'd let you run it anyways.

>Faggot quirk
Matt?

Nothing really. I'm completely against the addition of superheavies in regular 40k well, at least without the added benefits when not having one while battling against them that escalation gave and even I wouldn't have issue with a knight at those point levels.

>Matt?
Nah Quirk.

Dude who flat out has no idea on how to play nor even the statlines of his own units.

nobody gave a shit about my list in the last thread, but I changed it since then anyway

csm 1500

daemon prince
>daemon of tzeentch, power armor, wings

20 cultists
10 csm
>combi-melta, 2 melta, rhino
10 csm
>2 flamer, rhino

4 terminators
>4 combi-plasma, 3 power axes/1 chainfist
5 chosen
>5 flamers, rhino

4 spawn

trilas predator
vindicator
vindicator

I would like to run 3 rhinos with marines for coolness purposes. would like more efficient means of doing this while still having a decent amount of power armor and offensive output

Oh that's an actual person?

I mostly watch the banter ones because Dave reminds me of my dead brother.

It's because everyone but Matt and the new guy are actually good at the game. The others were hired because they're good modelers.

The new guy was specifically hired because he knew the rules of a bunch of games.

This thread now needs bingo! The free tile for today is "CATAPHRACTII BIKES".

After all, the whole purpose of these is to foster discussions.

yea i can only seem to watch dave and occasionally the mountain because everyone else seems way to serious about a game with small miniature plastic men.

>someone taking the bait even though they know it's bait, butthurt ensues
Nothing could describe the last few threads anymore perfectly.
But seriously, why the hell has this general been even shittier than usual lately?

This exactly. If someone brings a Superheavy to a casual game of 40k, it's your duty to inform them that you're immediately going to claim your right to a +1 Seize, and the unique, SUPER warlord trait table from escalation.

It was put there for a fucking reason, to even the playing field that happens whenever someone brings a superheavy when you don't have one.

Looking for some feedback on 1500 pts Blood Angels CAD before I start gluing shit. Hoping to infiltrate DC and librarian into combat. Not sure if I am going too heavy on troops choices.

HQ [ 1 ]
Librarian (ML2, Gallans, Veritas, Jump Pack) - 130pts

Elite [ 3 ]
5x Death Company (Jump Packs & 1x Powerfist) - 140pts
5x Death Company (Jump Packs & 1x Powerfist) - 140pts
5x Sanguinary Guard (Swords) - 165pts

Troops [ 3 ]
5x Tactical Marines (Heavy Flamer, LasPlas Razorback) - 165pts
5x Tactical Marines (Heavy Flamer, Drop Pod) - 115pts
5x Tactical Marines (Meltagun, Combi-Melta, LasPlas Razorback) - 175pts
5x Tactical Marines (Meltagun, Combi-Melta, Drop Pod) - 125pts

Heavy Support [ 3 ]
Sicaran(Battle of Sarosh = 1 gun gets interceptor/AA buffs) - 165pts
2x Rapier Quad Mortar - 120pts
1x Rapier Quad Mortar - 60pts

Somewhere around 70% of the whole bingo is common bait. I try to make sure that it stays around 60 - 70% 'Common' bait, and the rest of it as board memes.

I'm surprised "Drop Pods with the Doors Glued Shut" didn't last very long after the initial outrage over it first happening. I guess we need to wait for someone to bring a 35 drop-pod list to an official tournament, and use it to intentionally wall poor saps inside of their own deployment zone so they can't leave.

>the pic that should have been in the OP

>not being able to destroy immobilized AV10

We need to build a wall from shitty op images like these

> Sicaran with Battle of Sarosh for dat "Ignores Cover - Sunder - Skyfire - Interceptor".
> Cheaper than a Deredeo with War On Murder

Oh wow, why didn't I ever think of this? Isn't Sarosh a voluntary Skyfire, or is it permanent? Because if it's the latter, I can see why the DwWOM is more useful. But still.

AV12

how the fuck you going to infiltrate DC?

you get skyfire, intercepter, tank hunter and night vision once per game

master of ambush warlord trait

I'll keep making them until and you will NEVER stop me because western countries do not have sensible immigration laws in 2016

Not that user, but he's rolling CAD, so he can try for Trait #3 on Strategic, Master of Ambushes. It lets you infiltrate ANY infantry, and by extension their transports.

Characters grant Infiltrate to the squad you attach them to, Infiltrate doesn't grant to the character. A Librarian with Master of Ambushes should be giving HIMSELF, and both of the Death Company squads infiltrate, while he then joins the squad of Sanguinary Guard to give them his infiltrate. Their delish 2+ saves make them better body guards anyway.

YET

Oh, so it's discount emergency anti-air. Carry on then, I suppose that's much easier to take in smaller games than the 255/235 point Deredeo.

Thank you apparently sleeping all day isnt healthy for my memory. also i never roll on the normal warlord trait table i just roll on the Blood Angles warlord traits.

>he thinks trump will actually do shit about immigration

laughing_reptilian_elites.vox

I'm pro trump for shitposting purposes but come on senpai, you don't actually believe what anybody in this political freak show says right?

to keep this post 40k related:
what happened to the audiobooks in the OP? are there 40k audiobooks archived elsewhere? would like to listen while painting

Oh, how good are the Blood Angels warlord traits? Usually I roll on Strategic, because it's a grab-bag of Army buffs that you can never really go wrong with, except maybe using Princeps of Deceit on a high leadership army. But that's precisely what CAD is for.

>rules
>mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGs..
>7th edition reference sheet
>dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7ed..
>Forge World
>dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apo..
All of these links are formatted wrong. Does anyone have the proper links?

> Books got removed from the OP
Oh shit, thanks for pointing that out. Here, have my library card, and be sure to stay well the fuck away from the clowns. They're very murderous, fickle things.

>implying I don't already have 2 flawless recasts of them
I kekd

Mixed bag of minor combat orientated buffs and giant army wide buffs. It's risky to roll on if you don't have a reroll.

That's all fluff. Do you have any of the rules?

t. hanks

Okay, so this bingo sheet has two tiles that need replacing. I'm currently taking suggestions for replacements of the following:

> "Ultramarines are the Best Chapter"
> "Mathhammer doesn't tell you how well units perform in real battes."

eh they are decent you only want about 3 of them in total when playing. Mostly just so that you can reduce scatter on your Jump infantry or your warlord Rampage as i dont know if the heroic bearing trait gives your own troops fearless and you dont really need it as all troops already have ATSKNF.

I also have the vermillion keys for the codexes, yes. Here's the better database, since the OP has a null link. May their tactical knowledge make you a better commander in the field.

mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>Complaining about the OP image

it still makes me angry that neither the Blood Angels or the Dark Angels got anything from the Angel of Death Supplement.

What the fuck OP, all of your links are fucking broken. They all got cut off somehow. Don't fucking post next time. Just let me handle it with a fresh set of links. Codexes, Reference Sheet, Forgeworld, and White Dwarf are all broken. The only goddamn thing that still works is the Rules Errata.

Here, use this format next time.These are more recent links, and contain everything.

[Insert Edition] edition
> Codexes
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCghttps://kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQ

> The Black Library(Stay the fuck away from the clowns)

Me too, user, me too.
Keep your fingers crossed for a stand-alone codex later.

>bitching about the links in the OP

Itll never happen, The Blood angels are probably the bastard love child of the space marines. We are on the BT route currently and i fear for the next edition. on another note how anyone have the BA start collecting formation/picture?

Paradox is just built for 3 WC spells, but if you already have a robe on him then go wild. Frankly with a robe I might give my LoC a greater and 3 lessers, or even an exalted rolling for doubly blessed just because the staff of change is probably one of the best 10 point weapons in the game and the robe accomplishes most of your durability. Guaranteeing a summoning/incursion/prismatic gaze a turn is just so disgusting though, especially the latter with a flying BS 6 platform.

It's called Imperial Armour 2; Warmachines of the Adeptus Astartes. You still have access to Deredeos, Leviathans, Rapiers, Typhons, Deathstorms, Lucius Patterns, Dreadnought Pods, Infernum Razorbacks, Fellblades, and Legacies of Glory.

You really, REALLY should consider picking up the book so you can expand your options. Just Rapiers alone can seriously expand the threat level of your army since Laser Destroyers are like kryptonite to tanks.

I think that anons issue is more that a book called angels of death didn't contain anything for THE angels of death, not that they're lacking the options provided in the book.

Rhino gunline. It's easier to do with loyalist formations, but basically you do this:

>move rhino (6 or 12", doesn't matter)
>disgorge troops on the side
>fire
>flat-out rhino in front of troops and rotate so they are LOS blocked
>repeat

Flamers are also kinda useless unless you really expect to see a lot of hordes/bunched enemies. Melta or plasma are better (take plasma if you can get rerolls somehow).

So many of the units for KDK are resin...

Wew, should I just stop being a bitch and learn to work with resin, or could I make a decent KDK list with only plastic models?

You really should just be using mathhammer as a informal gauge than a hardline fact for determining if a unit is good/bad. Or just use it for finding out if it's worth shooting/assaulting a thing that turn

OP here.
Don't know what happened with the links. Just copied them from the last OP, because I'm on my phone right now and don't have the copypasta saved on it.
Sorry about that. I guess that once again, OP is a faggot.

Is there a specific model for the blood angels captain as i cant seem to find one at all.

>Not having an entirely resin army

git gud

Are the Typhoon launchers worth it for land speeders?

Been working on custom vehicles and was interested in hearing opinions on this one. Still haven't worked out points costs, and it needs playtesting.

Chaos Assault Rhino
BS3 Armour Front 11 Side 11 Rear 10 HP2
Open-topped, Fast Vehicle
Option to buy Daemon Smog Launcher
Heavy 3, One use
Fire 1, 5+ cover save
Fire 2, 4+ cover save
Fire 3, 3+ cover save

I don't even use mathhammer myself, since it only tells you how effective weapons are in a literal, "This character can punch out this character" sense. I favor FAXIV for finding out how effective units are, based on the difference in their "points cost" and "Effective cost".

A unit with a lower points cost than their effective cost will perform extremely well on the tabletop, and an army with a vastly higher effective cost than its points cost will similarly do very well. A properly optimized gladius has easily ~3000 points worth of firepower to play with in a 1850 game.

What would be the disadvantage to firing 3 at once? Most of the time it's not going to survive long enough to use the other charges anyways.

Each charge is one use. So all three at once leaves none for the rest of the game. Or you could spread them out for small boosts if you have cover.

>Typhons
But, user, there's only one of him. Unless Fabulous Bill has tried cloning him?

Use alternative angry dog minis (check the fantasy line for your preferred option) for flesh hounds and you shouldn't need to touch anything resin at all.

There's the new terminator captain model that came with deathstorm, captain karlean or something. If you want a power armour captain it would be really easy to build one out of the BA upgrade sprue and some nice power armour bits from either the BA tactical or sanguinary guard sprues.

Depends on what you want to use them for. I like to bring a couple of independent speeders with the launchers to hold back field objectives while also putting down a bit of long range firepower, but that's with ravenwing jinking magic so your mileage may vary with other chapters.

Well that's what I'm saying, there's no real reason to ever just use one.

In the open field, why not take the 3+, because you take the 5+ and probably die anyway or take the 4+ and then only have a 5+ remaining.

How would it work in cover? Each charge improves save by one? That just sounds kinda broken. Sure, you use one charge to take your 5+ cover to 4+. Or you could just get a 2+ because fuck you. That rhino isn't going to have a purpose after it gets rid of its cargo anyways, might as well just abuse the cover save and die a turn later compared to a normal rhino. Why hurt your odds trying to keep it alive longer?

Oh, I mean the Typhon Siege Tank. It's a 6 HP superheavy that packs a 48" massive blast with Ignores Cover.

>Regiments from the World of Jippon are noted for two things: their mastery of amphibious warfare, and their sheer fanaticism.
>Power swords in the traditional fashion of Jippon's curved blades are standard issue for Commissars,
>Nearly every armored regiment is considered capable of traversing water, which they use to their advantage - flanking the foe from unexpected position.
>The Jipponee do not hesitate to initiate full-on, headlong charges into superior enemy forces when called upon to do so. The rallying cry of "Ten Heika Banzee!" is often heard during these massive offensives.

I was planning on going White Scars. I thought they had the +1 jink too, but it's only on bikes for some reason.

I have played against an IG player with a bunch of troops that I wished I could flame to death, same with an ork player so I'm hoping those 2 flamer squads help as what I want to be a take all comers list. probably not possible with chaos but a man can dream. also that chosen squad will still kill damn near 5 marines on average by forcing saves, assuming each template gets 5 hits which seems reasonable to expect in my experience

Ah, I know. Just messing with you.

god dammit, i really wanted to make Dante Aphael. you or any other user know someone who sells good bits?

There's other things that kill marines better for cheaper. Well, maybe not in C:CSM, I'm not sure. But that seems like a big points investment to kill... 5 marines.

>I don't like mathhammer because they actually tell you objective facts
>I prefer a hilariously subjective and inaccurate system
Retards like you are why the mathhammer tile should stay.

You're gonna have to explain what FAXIV is, cause that sounds like interesting food for thought but yes I kind of agree with you on the point efficiency thing. It's one of the reasons free transports with the Gladius Strikeforce can be hilariously more powerful than one would imagine. It's really hard to be the low low price of "free"

>also that chosen squad will still kill damn near 5 marines on average by forcing saves
Sure, in the magical Christmasland of hitting five 32mm bases with each flamer template.

Split up the cultists, give the Prince a familiar and some mastery levels, drop the Termicide back down to 3, yank the chosen, split the spawn up and give them MoN.

So should I just be flooding the table with bloodletters?

>You're gonna have to explain what FAXIV
Give X an arbitrary point value. Try to guesstimate the rough value of changes to that statline. Change as necessary so that it conforms with obvious balance issues but fails to actually provide meaningful insight.

>32mm

most people I have played against still have 25mm but damn I guess the bigger base sizes would make it worse. also as I said in my post already, it's not specifically for marines, it's for orks/guard. I was just saying it can kill half a squad of marines too if there's nobody else around (on 25mm bases anyway). if I shouldn't take those chosen then wat do, I want marines in a rhino that can do something but only have 150 points. 5 flamers seems like the best bargain option

Ah. For clarity, I'd just say "3 Daemon Smog Lanchers" rather than one, and list the profile as Heavy 1, One Use Only. Makes it much more clear.

Overall, I'd say give it back its last Hull Point and you'd be golden, and I'd keep its BS at 3 while giving it the Daemonic Possession special rule.

Also, just FYI, base Rhinos do come with a Combi-Bolter stock. You'd be perfectly okay in giving one to this.

I'd personally put it at around 60pts or so, just for the fact that it's an Assault Transport + Daemonic Possession.

Jesus, fuck no. Buy Chaos Warhounds from the Fantasy line and paint them red. Voila, cheap Flesh Hounds. Core of your army should be the Gorepack. Back them up with a small CAD of 2x Cultists and a Jugger-HQ of your choice. Maybe add some Maulerfiends or something else to add some more punch. Expand into the decurion at higher point levels.

I have a massively outdated list for FAXIV up 1d4chan, but it's so old that it's pretty outdated.

But the general gist of it is that you check vehicles out by using the old school rules for creating vehicles on a points system, and compare it to the actual codex costs.

The only thing still useful on the wiki though is part of the setup for weapons. As a general rule of thumb, a Single shot at (Wounds infantry and most things on a 2+), and AP2, is worth 15 x (%hit). So a Plasma Gun in the hands of BS4 is worth 19.8 points.

So more (tendency to wound) shots at Ap2, and higher ballistic skill, means more points. At the extreme end of the scale is the Grav-Cannon, which costs 35 points, and is worth 49.5 points in the hands of a space marine. It's worth even more in a gladius, thanks to the To-Hit bonuses granted by your formation.

user's right, old FAXIV(Which you find by googling it) was nearly 90% guesswork, and it's too unfinished to be of any use by someone who isn't a statistics major

Even at 25mm getting 5 marines per flamer is absurdly optimistic. 2-3 is a far more reasonable estimate.

it's complete shit and unnecessary, we already have enough "here's some trash to fix your codex problems but actually it won't really" gear, no thanks. just give our assault-based units like berzerkers and chosen a rule that says "this unit can charge from any vehicle as though it is an assault vehicle", done and done. it seems that people can't comprehend the fact that assault units should just be buffed with no downsides because at the moment it's completely underpowered, there's no reason to giveth with one hand and taketh away with the other. just giveth, we need it just to keep our heads above water.

I only just learned that Orks can have Chaos as desperate allies. Is this worth it? I always thought khorne daemonkin were pretty cool but I wouldn't want to have more than like ~300 points of them in an ork army. Aren't they really good as psychic stuff? I never touch that stuff with my orks.

Never played against a typhon, is it a fun super-heavy or a "please end this game" super heavy?

Ah, that is something people often forget when comparing the WS and RW forces - it's not just bikes. That said it's still a good and fluffy tactic for your chapter if you don't want to bring more static vehicles along for the ride.

This guy? He's pretty much just the BA tactical squad sergeant games-workshop.com/resources/catalog/product/600x620/99120101122_BATacticalSquad03.jpg with the backpack from the plastic captain kit, should be pretty painless to recreate.

What resin units in particular are you worried about? Because honestly looking through the khorne line I don't see any of concern past a few older HQ models, out of all the chaos gods khorne is easily the most supported model wise.

Gonna start this off by saying I'm a different dude:

>I don't like mathhammer because they actually tell you objective facts

While the math isn't "wrong," it only tells you how things play out in a vacuum. The tabletop is not a vacuum at all, and there are always in-game complications like terrain, your opponents layout, your own layout, your opponents strategy changing, your own strategy changing, etc. Mathhammer is not going to tell you how to adapt to new strategies and how to best use your units - it's only good for raw numbers.

Point of this is to say that if you're relying on mathhammer to win your battles, you're not gonna win a lot of battles. Mathhammer is an incredibly useful tool, and one that I use on all my armies, but too many people tout it like it's gonna make you win all the time when it does not do that at all. Mathhammered netlists will almost always lose to smart gameplay against an average list (not gimped, average).

Also hyper-optimization is high-risk strategy and always will be.

SO....you just add a point value to everything and add it up on a per model basis to see if it's good or not? That sounds like it only works if you've already got a system in place to determine point value to begin with, because 22 points for a Flash Git is not as good as 22 points for a Sternguard.

This is also a perfect showcase of FAXIV's other major issue. No one but one delusional faggot actually has the whole thing, so any criticism can instantly be shielded by claiming it's fixed. Not that the inherent flaws of the system will ever go away.

Want to get into WHFB originally but its dead now for whatever the fuck that new shit is so turning to 40K. Is there an online sim or something to test out warhammer 40k combat and get into it and is there like a Z'gok version (coming from gunpla) of units that are super cheap that I can practice painting on? I really odnt want blotchy shitty units and thats like my biggest barrier to getting into 40K.

>it only tells you how things play out in a vacuum
It's the only objective evaluation system. It can accurately predict the potential for X to injure Y, and allows basic comparative and efficiency analysis.

The rest of your strawman horseshit isn't worth specifically addressing.

The idea was fine, it just never got executed. Some units are inherently more valuable than others, but that value is so hard of a target to really find. Nice strawman by the way.

You spend 22 points for a Flash Git, and 22 points for a Sternguard. The difference is that a Flash Git doesn't offer enough to offset its points cost, and will likely never do so. While a Sternguard veteran has more to offer. To put it simply, taking a Flash Git will inherently make your list WORSE. While a sternguard will improve it.

The Herald of Khorne on a Juggernaut and stuff like Flesh Hounds are resin.

I'm willing to bite the bullet and work with resin, I'm just... uneasy about it.

Matt seems like such a shithead.
He ruthlessly stomps new players and people with casual lists with his ultra-competetive builds, and he always seems to have a cover save even though his opponent never does in the same situation.

He's the kind of guy that would make me leave for lunch with my friends if he walked into my FLGS.

I'd honestly only play with Dave.

I've seen videos where the other player will say Dave did something wrong and Dave will check the book and then, more often than not, allow the rolls to either be re-done or do whatever he has to to tilt the advantage back to the guest.

pretty beta, you should make him leave for lunch instead

Master of Ambush grants Infiltrate to your Warlord in addition to 3 non-vehicle units. No need to waste one pick on himself.

I've also considered doing the Infernal Tetrad and rolling on that chart in the hopes of having 4 infiltrating DPs and the ability to infiltrate 12 other daemon units.

I'd go to a store, they're usually eager to indoctrinate fresh meat. In fact they might even try to sell you on fantasy, if they're willing to demo it then it might be at least worth looking into. But yeah playing a small skirmish with a guy who's job it is to know rules would be a good experience. If you're experience there is bad go to a different GW I guess.