twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

By the other thread I meant the TG one.

>you dress like a dyke
>we can't see your figure at all
>I'm positive you're a guy now

poal.me/eceaw2

Can someone post the new familiar CYOA?

NOOOOO user this is not the updated version

since when did plaid become a dyke fashion statement? i missed that one.

oh. it was already updated, huh? i'll go recollect that then. my bad.

AA, are you a redhead?

If you are, I don't think we'll be able to stop SDA.

>That uneven breast sizes
So you're a trap that stuffs?

take 2, commence.

don't worry I just do my part cuz I have shit internet

Sadly, in real life most tiddies are uneven,

apologies to gifted-user for misle

>favorite branching heart girl
Beri

Relinking Familiars.

Aside from that. I found something ancient, /cyoag/.

Making the Familiar CYOA reminded me of 4-5 years ago, when I was a hopelessly addicted to Ponies. I'm not in that phase anymore, thank god, I moved on a long ass time ago, but I remembered that I actually designed a CYOA that puts you in Equestria. Found it on the old forum I used to browse.

Dare I post it?

ading your people. my comments get cut off all the time and i don't know why.

wasn't a poll option. it would have been a landslide otherwise.

Global Rule 15 means it's a ban worthy offense.

don't see why not. cyoa is cyoa. people can ignore it if they want.

Sure dude for the lols

>finally get around to reading the setting doc for the familiar CYOA
>pic related
Seriously, Ren, what's the place with our wizard academy and our magical girl orphanage like? Big bustling city, or small hamlet? What's the tech level like - do we see clockwork towers and airships, cobblestone castles and full plate, or Renaissance dandies and painted women? Is a wizard going to cause a panic in the world at large, or is it "Oh, it's one of THEM?" GIVE ME MORE INFORMATION!

Also, continuing to beg that you add some degree of conflict. Conflict is the source of all drama, after all, and drama pushes the plot forward. Make it as mediocre or as overly dramatic as you like - just make it something, so we don't hate each other over our conflicting fanwanks.

>that spoiler
VOMITING INTENSIFIES
Seriously, though, don't. Global rule 15 expressly forbids miniature horses anywhere but /mlp/.

on second thought, maybe not.

Even so, that level of asymmetry seems exceptional.

That statement seems kinda... oxymoronic.

... heart you, too, user.

>That statement seems kinda... oxymoronic.
Familiar, but different.

But nah I meant You're the best, Beri.

Only if familar's an adjective. He was using it as a noun. Seriously though, Ren, post the actual images again instead of just linking them all. It's a pain in the ass to go back to the old thread.

also, fresh content is always worth re-posting in a new thread.

>No face
Cool story bro.

didn't mention it before, but this was good ren. thanks for making this.

Do yourself a favor and don't, here. Imgur would be fine, though. Rule 15 or whatever

Look at the arms, right arm is pushing the shirt forwards, leading to the shirt being looser in that area.

I knew what he was asking for. I was just trying to be... humorous? That's not quite the word, though. Snarky? That seems too malevolent. Maybe something like the straight man in Japanese duo comedy? Hmm.... I won't dwell on it. I need sleep, anyhow.

Go back to being the bed, user.

Sooo how to become Slime familiar here?~

Now that's a water bed.

>No "implausibly stretchy" option.
5/7

Well fuck that noise then, I'd rather not get banned. maybe if we asked the mods or janitors politely, but I'd rather play it safe than sorry. And I ain't steppin foot in /mlp/.

ANYWAY.

Finished GMing my session so I got time for Familiars again. Yeah, sorry for pulling you around in a worthless circle with that site, I didn't realise how fucking empty it was. So have a bit of fun, quick lore.

And yes I will make an (optional) page 4 of Familiars that will have fluff and places of conflict.

Xeria is the primary country of the Familiar quest, a once great empire that fell into decline after Xer vanished from the face of the planet. Over the past 200 years, though, the country's been having a rise in prominence.

Befitting being the country where a great Wizard King once ruled the fucking world from, Xeria is THE leading country in magic, magical studies, magical goods, and magical influence. Ambition City stems from Xer's ideals, an ever expanding, great, magical metropolis with impossibly soaring towers and equally deep alleyways. And appropriately is the largest city in all of Catheridge. The city is nestled against the great Silent Lake, from which a wide, calm river flows south until reaching the ocean. Steep foothills and steppes line the northern border of the city, and deciduous, temperate forests are everywhere around it. With farmland dotting the woods out for many miles.

You're no fun. You need arms to cuddle. But fine, I'll get right to i-

Now I want to wait for an answer to this.

of the most comfortable kind. You *jelly*?

Wizard
Aspiring Student
Avian (Raven)
Transmutation (Wallop)
Speedy, Ignite (Stone), Sturdy
I am the heatseeking missile he always wanted!

Goin' in blind, page by page.
>Witch
>Waifish Orphan
>Insect, centipede
>The Body, Cleanse
>Freedom
>Guide
>Sturdy
Good enough for me, since I live a new life.

Is there anywhere nice and chilly?

I'm probably only one, but I liked it better when there were less points and I had to take curses.

>16yo Woman
>Experimental

Emotional
>Strengthened 37
Physical
>Perfect 33
Mental
>Dulled 40
Life
>Leech 40
Memory
>Dissonance 40
Spiritual
>Magnet 45

>Pyrokinesis
>Control
>Catalyst
>Source
>Healing
>Self Service
>Telekinesis
>Precision
>Power
>Barrier
>Permanent
>Weather Control
>Precision
>Interference
>Destructive
>Uncontrollable

>Nobody
>Gaia
Still thinking about friends and allies...

>traumatized by the experiments done to her, she wonders the world always one step ahead of the shady organizations wishing to study her
>but she can only stay in one place for so long as her powers are ruled by her emotions and she can easily become a walking natural disaster, intentionally or not
>maybe this "Earth Goddess" can help her find her way.....

Idk exactly. Been a thing for awhile though.

No. I dyed it. I wish though:(

See and >posting my face on Veeky Forums

No thanks.

Canada. Antartica. Siberia. And house that has good AC.

>Posting the poll but not the CYOA

At least post the first few pages with the girls, user.

Witch
Wandering Mistress
Avian

The Winds
Tease the Wind

Talkative
Freedom
Wand User

Nigga I'm a falcon that talks. It's the best.

ok user. just the blurbs with each girls' description. my heart just isn't in it for all 22.

If I'm taking a lot of curses, then I have a ton of points anyway. I don't really need more.

What do you mean?

>not going living missile mode
you have disgraced the avian brotherhood

i'm unoriginal, to say the least, but i was going to go the traditional route of black cat.

The overcome perk is unneeded, perhaps?

Nah, curses are way too harsh by default so it's meant to mitigate that. It also replaces an old perk that gave you even more extra points.

Aw thanks. Anyway. More lore.

The King's Academy and Madame's Orphanage both exist in the city, albeit in totally different environs for it. The King's Academy lies attached to the great Castle Catheridge, upon the soaring buttresses and walkways of the High District (pic sorta related).

Down in the shadowed, cramped alleyways of Ambition City, the Madame's Orphanage lies, well away from, but still uncomfortably close to the King's Academy. The Madame has many housemaids and servants to keep the establishment running, but Circe (with her Mystic Cat familiar) herself handpicks any girls she senses to have potential skill in Spirit Magic.

The technology level in Catheridge is a little schizophrenic. Catheridge has had no less than three world scarring catastrophes abuse the realm, each one stymying and pushing back the technology level by a fair amount. Airships once flew across the realm at the height of Xer's reign, but the Dragon Reckoning pushed the world back into a dark, chaotic age for several hundred years. When the Shadow Witch cursed Ironfar City, it heralded the event known as Light's End, when the Divine Family returned to Catheridge, and Rex began killing the Old Gods. It's now roughly 200 years after Light's End (233 After Light [AL] to be precise). The Divine Family are the prominently worshipped figures across the land, and the Heroes of Old ascended by their hand to fill the necessary gaps and help restore the world.

As a result of these catastrophes, You're as like to see a knight in full armor traipsing down the Ambition streets as you are a musketeer with a frilly hat and pistols at his side.

As for Spellcasters, Xeria has always held wizards in high regard and treated witches with caution at best. Ironic considering Eva, their patron deity, is the most worshiped of the Divine Family. The great northern lands of Fulheim has always distrusted magic and forbade its practices, a custom that's spurred a lot of tension with Xeria.

Male, 16

Power Source: Genetic (No downsides, no outside interference)

30 Points

Emotional: No Change
Physical: Perfect -4
Mental: Shapened -6
Life: No Change +10
Memory: Dissonance
Spiritual: Magnet +5

(Brains AND beauty for effectively no cost?)

30+5=35

Gifts:

Dowsing -1
+Specific -1
Vitality -3
Athleticism -3
+Raw Power -6
Interference -2
+Targeted -2
+Destructive -2
Tongues -1
+Non-Verbal -1
Blessing -4
Empathy -2
Mechanics -3
+Inner Focus -4

35-35=0

Curses:
None needed

Guardian: Ally (Better than being a orphan)

Home: Westwood Heights (I would rather not live in the middle of nowhere or in a ghetto)

Allies:
-Students
Danny Glass
Leah Dawson
Peter Blake

-Adults
Eric Strickland
Louise Webb
Henry Morris

Perks:
Inheritance (Money is the best power)
First Impressions

It matters little if supernatural stuff is draw to me, it's not like I was going to hide and pretend like it all does not exist.
Besides, I'm less of a spooky psychic child and more of a action movie hero with some hopefully strechable powers (I sense the water in people bodies! I bless my cellphone to be a more effective hand grenade and throw it!)
Not only that, but my adoptive dad is a repected police officer, my teacher is cool, I know a guy who sell magic stuff, and behind me are my two bros and a witch.

No help for the slime familiar question

If Ren sees this, I would totally take a perk that lets me take the second focis power.

Maybe another more circumstantial one where you can trade (one of) your focus power(s) for one from a different focus.

So I should seek to burn down the orphanage and make Io more popular.

To the east of Xeria lies the High Pass mountains, the greatest mountain range in Catheridge and border of Eurreach, the Hearthland further east, and the Cold Wastes to the Northeast.

The Cold Wastes is regarded with fear and respect to the world at large, as it's home to relentless Ice Giants, Evil Fey, and is considered to be the birthplace of Witchcraft (a theory that's never been proven true, or false, but the existence of The North mystery provides many implications). The mountains and northern warriors known as the Garoh are all that keep the evils of the Cold Wastes from spreading south. And the Garoh are very good at their job.

Further East, past Eurreach, lies the great Elimine Forest, homeland of the Fey and where Titania and Oberon rule. Very few travellers enter Elimine, and very few emerge.

Wizard (aspiring student)
Type: snek
Focus:cheer
Perks: charming, talkative, venemous

I'm a pimp ass snake on a quest to help my awkward teenage master get the ladies. Girls think I'm adorable and also want to cuddle me and give me headpats, which will really help him get a cute gf. Don't mess with the hat though.

Also I got some dank ass venom incase any of these trifling ass bullies try to step out of line and pick on my boy.

As soon as I'm summoned I give my master a lecture on confidence which immediately breaks out into a Disney style rendition of mambo no.5

m.youtube.com/watch?v=EK_LN3XEcnw

Aww yeah. Now check these dubs

alright, but it costs perks to get the extra curse points. If you don't pick up a lot of curses, then it's a waste of perk points. If you do pick up a lot of curses, then you have points coming out of your ears anyway. So in both cases, why would you spend perks on it?

For extra ear points.

can you post the gia and buoy pages? i havent seen them before

I cast Arrest Momentum.

Whew. Sorry, I didn't mean to splurge and writefage all over /cyoag/, Addressing questions now.

Slime Familiars aren't presently an option, since slimes in the animu sense aren't in the setting. Oozes exist, but I'm pretty sure no one wants to be a small puddle of burning acid as a familiar, and no wizards or witches certainly want one.

I was considering letting you burn 2 perks for a second focus, but thematically that clashes with Elder Wizards/Wizened Hags and their familiars. If a younger mage can get two school focuses, then why the fuck wouldn't an elder one have them or even three?

So my alternative was messing around with the Perk/School distribution depending on your master, with young students having a lot of perks, but no focus, adults having less perks and 1 focus, and elders having 2 perks or so, and 2 focuses. And making it so elders don't start with improved familiars by default.

If the familiar got you to spend a standard action stopping its attack instead of defending or attacking its master then it did its job to be fair

>The Loli
>Mammal
>Body: Cleanse
>Warp, Talkative, Pickpocket

I'll take this CYOA up on that monkey offer and be an urban primate, warping and scurrying about the city. Life as a small animal is bound to be not as fun, but at least I'll have hands. The focus isn't really worth much(other than the fact that I can just be a nice guy and heal some of the likely poor bastards in the slums), but body seems to be the only witch school that'll be able to use some sort of polymorph in the future(and also shotamode isn't that appealing either).

>Aww yeah. Now check these dubs

Dang I almost had it

Not a single one of these is worth it. They're all suicide.

Nobody said anything about extra focuses, just blowing a perk to take your other focus power, so you get more power in one way. Humanize AND Cleanse, Cheer AND Heckle. None of the perks are mutually exclusive.

Also, fuck it, build:
>Waifish Orphan
Incoming magical girl alert.
>Mammal: Raccoon
Yep, it's me. I can climb, run, AND I've got hands? Sign me the fuck up.
>Focus: The Alleys, Urban Whispers
Home and Hearth is actually more or less useless. A respected witch can easily find food and shelter just for being a well-to-do old woman, a travelling witch won't stay in a city long enough to gain the perks, and a waif lives with Madam Circe. Maybe you should change that up a little to make it more useful.
>Perks: Talkative, Vanish, Speedy
Talkative lets me be the snarky reluctant helper I was born to be, Vanish is a useful as fuck tool, and...well, raccoons may be sneaky little shits, but they aren't the fastest out there. Uber powers are for wusses.

Anyway, like I said, Home and Hearth is fairly useless unless either the world is one big city, or you're too old to stay with Madame Circe but you're still homeless. Since option A is not true and option B won't be true for a while, then why do you have it? Sorry, it seemed like a good idea at the time. Ideas for a replacement:
>Home on the Stones
>- You've lived in this city forever - or if you haven't, you may as well. You blend in to the city as if you've been there forever. No matter how strange you are, so long as you don't call attention to yourself, people's eyes will just slide over you. This can extend to your master. It won't let you into someplace you clearly aren't supposed to be, but it'll let you blend in as just another face in the crowd. As an addition, the streets are just as familiar to you as you are to them, and you can practically find your way around by the feel of the cobblestones under your feet and the bricks in the walls.

>the same autist from the last thread that won't stop bitching

>Avian
>The Body - Humanize
(This is assuming the transformation is instant or takes seconds at most.)
>Speedy
>Sturdy
>Warper

>Identity
Male, 12
>Power Source
Psychic Energy
>Changes
Emotional: No Change. Physical: Deformity. Mental: No Change
Life: Prime. Memory: No Change. Spiritual: Magnet.
>Gifts
Telekinesis (Precision, Power), Pyrokinesis (Control, Catalyst, Source)
Healing (Self Service, Miracle), Vitality (Immunity), Athleticism (Raw Power)
>Curses
Asexual (Neutered) +10, Unsettling +8
>Guardian
Nobody
>Home
Withermouth
>Allies
Students: Leah Dawson, Adam Wiley, Mia Cross
Adults:Isaac Bowman, Julie Slater
>Perks
Overcome (x2)

And now, the news at 11.
Earlier this week it was discovered that a young homeless boy had metamorphosed into a psionic space creature overnight. The cause of this is unknown, but what is known is the damages. Several millions have been tabulated in property damages as this anomaly of nature attempts to maintain his weekly gradeschool routine. Suspected parents of the child refused to comment on the matter, save for the supposed father stating "I ain't payin that shit, bill my ex wife's cosmic side man". The local fishman tribes were interviewed on the matter, but their chanting "Ia! Ia!" gave little insight. Currently researchers of all fields, both truly scientific and paranormal, have come from across the globe to study the miracle monster child, with one woman, a one Julie Slater stating "Eat it monkeys I fucking told you they were real!" Back to you, Tom.

No I just saw the thing and i've never seen a cyoa with drawbacks this worthless.

Or maybe people generally don't like them user.

Nobody likes everything. They're not supposed to. I think the only way you could like everything would be if you had severe brain damage.

So where does this expectation come from? If you don't like something you have to bitch about it? Grow up.

Pretty logical for someone to point out that every single drawback is awful and isn't worth taking.

Then don't take any drawbacks.
>b..b..b.but then I won't be able to take all the powers
>it's not like drawbacks should have a downside to them!

>If you don't like something you have to bitch about it?
It's called critique. The guy wasn't even overly insulting to you. You're getting offended that someone has an opinion and a criticism and they simply expressed it. You're the one that needs to grow up here, because you sound like a teenage deviantard.

>logical
I don't think you know what that word means.

Drawbacks should have downsides, but the downside for basically all of these drawbacks is that they kill you.

>you
No user, we've been over this. Not everyone on Veeky Forums is the same person :^)

That was my first post in this entire thread, and I haven't been here for like two or three previous threads.

Boy, 14. I'll view this as a second chance to take school a bit more seriously.

So, 30 points from the get-go.

Power Source: genetic. Seems like a safe move.

Changes (+8)
________

Emotional (dulled; +5), Physical (perfect; -4), Mental (sharpened; -3), Life (no change; +10), Memory (knowledge; -5), Spiritual (magnet; +5)

Gifts (38; 62 with curses)
________

Teleportation (quick step, indirect sight; -10), Telekinesis (precision, power; -9), Barrier (permanent, wide; -8), Dowsing (specific; -2), Psychometry (muscle memory; -4), Tongues (siren; -3), Mechanics (inner focus; -7), Apportation (-2), Vitality (-3)

Familiar [black cat] (-14)
-Interference (-2)
-Friend of Nature (animal friends; -6)
-Barrier (permanent; -6)
-Teleportation (-4)
-Empathy (-2)

Curses (+24)
______

Unsettling (+6), Asexual (neutered; +8), Insomnia (+10)

Guardian: nobody (I just can't see anyone replacing my folks.)

Home: Gloverisle (looks like a nice place to live.)

Allies: Danny Glass, Kate Fox, Carl Knight

Adults: Eric Strickland, Holly Osborne

Perks: Overcome (+3 P), Boarding School.

I think I'll have fun with this group. When adventures get tough I'll have to leave them at home though, since nearly all of the powers I took are for me. The cat, Shadow (original, right?), will be able to join and aid me from time to time.

I certainly know you don't.

To him then, it hardly matters. The point is getting excessively offended at someone not liking something.

That's funny from someone who misuses it that badly. Open a dictionary, dumbass.

>They're all suicide
I mean, honestly? Most of those are nowhere near suicidal level bad. They are bad, but not insanely bad.
>Unsettling just marks you as an outcast, that's it
>Migraine is annoying
>Empathy just makes you a dick
>Ego is just you being a dick
>Inhuman is just "I am better than you" but doesn't mean you gotta show it
>Night person is annoying and changes your scheduling
>Eyesight is annoying, but disabilities don't kill you.
>Mute same boat
>deaf same boat
>Weakness I admit is fucking bad, nobody in their right mind would take that
>Cowardly isn't that bad, world is full of cowards
>Asexual is more than fine and the Neutered section is a plus for some
>Cycles is all about timing
>Lust gets you into trouble, but nothing extreme as death
>Insomnia is just annoying
>Anxiety
I mean, come on.
Did you even read any of them before dismissing them?

You first. I'll wait.

right here , user.

>Social Anxiety or not being able to have sex kill you

Explain how you are still alive then

No, the point is someone getting excessively offended and vocal over not liking something.

Yes I did. They're all insanely terrible and not even slightly worth it.
Ego is going to get you killed. Read it again, empathy makes you a sociopath which will get you killed.

Nah. I said it first. I also already know what it means, and your use didn't fall under any of the common definitions, even the nebulous ones.

You're not just an idiot, you're a willful idiot, aren't you.

>they all kill you
That's not even hyberoble, it's a straight up lie

I really don't care turbo autist, I'm still waiting.

>>Migraine is annoying
You've never had chronic migraines.