Horus Heresy General /hhg/

I hate Alabama and Tennessee Edition
Remembrancer Blanche Sub-Edition
In the last thread the existence of IW Beakies was proven, Anons talked about what mark you give to who, a good portion of the thread was older art(Blanche mostly) vs newer art, a /k/omando had a stroke, if you kill a Xeno you should turn it into a taco, and so much more I'm forgetting because of Tennessee cooking has poisoned my guts in the old bread Red Book Links:
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fs15Jqk1t%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23!Jx1UGCTI!vMJN89z7p8tiEC7YOAj477g6RxDtJ7culVLF3q3godg
HH Book 6 - Retribution PDF:
mediafire.com/download/8aqx9j3a8erqv8d/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_6_-_Retribution.pdf or
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkat.cr%2Fthe-horus-heresy-book-6-retribution-pdf-t12199249.html
HHG FAQ - pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016) - forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
Other official downloads: forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads#horusheresy
HH Rules:
Crusade Army List: mediafire.com/download/1lprm5vd99yafa3/
Mechanicum Taghmata Army List: mega.nz/#!LFwTjQ7B!mF0eVOY8P1MPT0a-QSXypXo_ZfskhYynD41PrkaTbD8
30k/40k Rules: mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!EVh0GZZS
30k/40k Rules and more (torrents): kat.cr/usearch/"Forge World" heresy user:epistolary/
30k Black Library: mega.nz/#F!0RlxDZQC!qAu9BaubWa3KeihJRmOcsg

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X3rp-h69aTk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

1st for Word Bearers a shit. Got preshading and base coat done, Lorgar be praised.

>Tennessee cooking has poisoned my guts
What happened?
Also, 2nd for the DG
...aaaalso, am I the only one who thinks about phosphex when it rains?

>none of the other legions really call out to me.
If you're certain about that, then there's nothing to be done, is there. Just toll a D20 to pick the second legion. Or, more likely, don't bother with the second box. Let someone else do it.

Fluffwise, most loyalists work since the WB were at Isstvan V, Calth (and the rest of Ultramar), and Terra. It leaves out the Dark Angels and Space Wolves.

You could also have them fighting the World Eaters, and you could justify the Alpha Legion too. Or anyone else immediately after the Heresy, I should think.

>Be DAfag and go on trip with family
>can't get decent(still mediocre because you're critical about yourself) photos because of the trees
>get real tired of these trees
I hear the Primarch calling me.
Those look like you're on the right track.
I think it's just some bad chicken out to get me.

There are a lot more trees in Alabama and Tennessee then I realized. The Lion would hate these states.

If you're making the 2 armies to allow you to introduce new players to the game, I'd actually suggest going with militia or solar auxilia for army 2. That gives you 2 playstyles and one much easier/cheaper force to build.

I recently moved to Tennessee and I commute to Alabama. Is- is there a 30k community around here and did they poison you? I'd deal with food poisoning to find a HH group.

Is this literally just the arms from Catarachtii termis on Deathwing Termi bodies?

thanks for the reassurance user. I just spray painted up my budget dreadclaw and I'm gonna try to get it in a game next week. replacing an AV 14 land raider with a jinking aircraft seems kinda risky but I started 30k because I wanted ~new experiences~ dammit.

>I think it's just some bad chicken out to get me.
You have angered the spirit of the chicken

How did that happen? See the evil of trees, my brothers?! They hide the creatures of the night with their shade, witches make home in forests to commune with these abominations, they lure small children into their homes and do horrible things to them, and these smug degenerates try to bribe us with the oxygen they produce!
Nah. I'm just staying till Wensday. Good night, /hhg/.
That could explain things.

Cataphactii legs, arms, back torso, Deathwing front torso, + bits

Those are some amazing looking Space Marines.

>There are a lot more trees in Alabama and Tennessee then I realized
How did you not know there were a lot of trees down here?

Let's do another rundown of each legion's activities after the Great Crusade:

I - DA - Forestry
III - EC - Modern art
IV - IW - Construction, but they get the dirty work
V - WS - Courier-poets
VI - SW - Animal shelter volunteers (okay, realistically they're still watching over the other legions)
VII - IF - Civil engineers and construction crew
VIII - NL - Monsters under the bed for hire
IX - BA - Classical art, modeling
X - IW - Run a popular line of hardware stores
XII - WE - Gladiatorial combat
XIII - UM - Bureaucracy/Administration
XIV - DG - HazMat removal, pest extermination
XV - TS - Magic shows, fortune telling
XVI - SoH - Coaches/business consultants? Kinda stumped with these guys.
XVII - WB - Motivational speeches, city planning
XVIII - Sallies - Firefighting, fire dancing
XIX - RG - Private investigators
XX - AL - Every political conspiracy theory is true and it's their fault

>X - IW
Shouldn't that be IH? Or is this some new meme that I missed out on?

Sons of Horus (actually "Four sons of Horus") has a Wikipedia entry. Do these correspond at all to the Mournival?
>Imsety - human form - protected the liver
>Duamutef - jackal form - protected the stomach
>Hapi - baboon form - protected the lungs
>Qebehsenuef - hawk form - protected the intestines

No, that's my mistake.

Something about really old, sort of cruddy models in excellent but clean paint jobs gets me all tingly. These are lovely for sure.

>Loken
>Abbadon
>Torgaddon
>Little Horus

I'm going to assume that the AL will probably be the last Legion to get all their rules printed?
I also have no idea when the next HH plastic models will be released

AL have printed rules, and have had them for a long time.

Rumours say "late summer" so probably before Christmas, maybe.

What? They were in book 3. Dark Angels are likely to be last, the traitors in particular.

Rumor says September.

Awesome, now i just need to save money

So far they're one of the stronger legions as well

Yeah i saw there was a cheese combo of 1 pen, insta 7 on vehicule damage table.
But i love the fact Alpharius is a Utility HQ

Any tips on where to start units wise?

Would you an Erebus?

Buy a bac starter set and 3 rhinos. Work up from there

Read the 1d4chan tactics page, then do this

Cheers m8s

Played a couple of games of 30k and looking to start a Death Guard army. How is this for 2.5k? The Reaping rites of war.

HQ
7 man deathshroud squad with rad grenades and melta bombs
Praetor artificer armor, iron halo, The Barbaran Thurible, Digital Lasors, Power fist (master crafted) Paragon Blade

Elite
Contemptor Cortus 2x TL lascannon

Troop
10x Tac marines rhino, melta bomb, rad grenades, add CC weapons
10x Tac marines rhino, melta bomb, rad grenades, add CC weapons

fast
xiphon interceptor

heavy
deredeo Aiolos missile launcher, plasma cannonade
Spartan frag assault launchers, armoured ceremite, flare shield

LoW
Mortarion

Did the Imperial Fists have any variant colour schemes beyond Sigismund's black and yellow uniforms?

He's basically the villain of the story, isn't he. All the other traitors are relatable in some way. Erebus is the saturday morning cartoon mustache-twirling evil-for-evil's sake bad guy.

>The Barbaran Thurible
Relics are only allowed to be used with your opponent permission, just so you're aware.

Forgot to add, so you could drop the Thurible and give one of your tac squads a Power Scythe. Drop the master crafted on the Praetor, and give the second tac squad a Power Scythe as well.

Only independent characters get power scythes.

Sergeants get them as well, they can take a scythe instead of a power fist for the same points IIRC.

No, not really.

Is there anything that Mechanicum Taghmata has that's equal to the potency of Rapier platforms in terms of less than 100 points and being effective?

I'm trying to come up with some nice little 500 points army lists for Solar Auxilia and Mechanicum Taghmata, but the Taghmata kind of have to go balls in to get the good shit, ie bots, tanks, etc.

Sorry for uploading that HUEG picture file. I didn't realize it was the full resolution.

Can we make space marine legion versions of this? I'll post the template below.

>HH
>500 pts

Also you have auxilia, the fuck you just not taking Rapiers from them?
And to answer your question; as efficient yes, below 100 pts for the same job fuck no.

user last thread mentioning the sacrifice RoW made me take another look at it - shame it's Traitor only, kind of reminds me of how the Iron Hands treated puny army units late crusade

Sounds like you need bio-phage bombardment, gets rid of trees real good.

And speaking of Death Guard, I note that Mortarion can throw phosphex bombs twice as far as anyone else - he's clearly an expert pitcher (or cricket bowler, given the DG hail from Albia)

Can't you use it with Iron Hands so long as you "declare" as traitors? Should be as simple as making a note of it in your list. Unless I'm being unbelievabley retarded and misinterpreting the rules.

I did not know that thank you.

How is this list instead? Morty tanks for the Lascannon squad and hunts down anything that come close. With his durability and 10 inch teleport he can be pretty mobile without a transport and take some fire. Apothacaries in each troop squad.

Phosphex War crimes Death Guard list. 2.5k The Reaping

HQ
Siege Breaker 95

Elites
Apothecarion Detachement 1 naked 2 with rad + auguy scanner 165

Quad Launcher support battery x3 phosphex and shatter shells 270

Troops
Heavy support x10 Lascannons augury scanner 440

Tac squad x20 Sarge with melta bombs + scythe, legion vexilla, CC weapons 320

Tac squad x20 Sarge with melta bombs + scythe, legion vexilla, CC weapons 320

Heavy
Sicaran w/ heavy bolters 155

Leviathan 1 siege drill, chem munitions, armored ceramite, phosphex discharger 310

LoW
Mortarion 425

Yes, that would work, just as long as you don't use Ferrus or other loyalists

Which book has the World Eater stuff in it? I'm working on a 40k fandex and am needing some reference points on red butchers

First HH list attempt, did i make any major errors?
--- Alpha Legion - 2500pts ---
- Coils of the Hydra -
>HQ
Dynat, Power Dagger - 205
Saboteur: Artificer Armour, Power Dagger - 100

>Troops
10x Legion Tactical Squad: Artificer Armour, Power Dagger - 165

>Elite
5x Lernaean Terminators: 4x Power Fist, 1x Chain Fist, Power Dagger - 260
Gal Vorbak: 2x Power Maul - 225

>Fast Attack
6x Jetbikes: - 2x MultiMeltas, Sergeant, Power Dagger - 310

>Heavy Support
Sicaran: Heavy Bolters - 155
Scorpius - 115
Scorpius - 115

>Dedicated Transports
Rhino - 35
Rhino - 35
Rhino - 35

>Lord of War
Alpharius - 415
2500/2500pts

More trees than I care for then.

Legiones astartes - age of darkness legions has their rules in them, all the legions have their own appendix with rules/units/RoW/etc

Their the 6th legion listed in the book under appendix 2

When you think about it trees really are the source of all evil.
>Satan wasn't a snake he was the possessing the tree of life and using the snake as a medium
>where do most monsters live? In the forest.
>that scene in The Evil Dead where trees raped a woman
>the Evil Dead took place in a forest
>that one Pokemon that is possessed by the souls of dead children in you guessed it a tree stump
>for every 10 trees there is 100 hippies hugging them

So is betrayal at calth actually a good starter army?

It seems pretty garbage by 40k standards (tacticals and tacticals and tacticals and termies), but I've been told that's just how 30k is

Legions getbetter with mass, no min swuad spammage.

It's a good starting point.

Tacticals sucking in 40k is due to the existence of asshole formations and bullshit that invalidates many non-deathstar armies. 30k has at the very least fewer of these things, making them much more viable by default.

Every legion did. Just because we don't have a picture of it doesn't mean there wasn't a company among the hundreds of companies in a legion that had one. Forge World has been very careful to leave all the stuff like this very open for people.

Two sets of calth and some kit bashing gets you 4 hqs, 2 regular full tactical squads, and 2 veteran tactical squads, as well as 10 catiphractii terminators, and 4 hq choices. I'd say it's worth it for one even

Wow I said 4 hqs twice.

The question is, are they the same 4 HQs, or different ones?

Fuck it, might as well.

>Legio Cybernetica theme

youtube.com/watch?v=X3rp-h69aTk

Bearversor vs Medicae SA? What is this?
YES.

How much bear mace would be needed to take down Angron?

do we have any info on if the new book contains updated rules?

>power daggers/10
looks good. you might want to try and find some points for a pair of LC for the Gal Vorbak champ.

I hate morning sickness so much. So. So. Much.
Also, I forgot today was not only Father's day, but my husband's birthday as well. Fortunately I remembered to get him Betrayal at Calth for a birthday gift a while ago, and I can say that me being pregnant is his father's day gift.

Only if you name the twins correctly. what legion does he play?

Well, he's going to start up an Iron Hands legion with BaC as he'd like to play against my Word Bearers with something other than his Orks.

>Only if you name the twins correctly
user, don't pressure me! We've still got a while to think up some names!

>Orks vs 30k word bearer
now thats just mean.

More of my vacation pictures. I feel like making a planet based on Tennessee(mostly Gatlinburg) and Alabama now.

>not calling them Aurelian and Manus

Not my fault! He wanted to do it in the first place!

That's beautiful!

I don't think so.

Looks like you've never seen a forest before. Srsly.
On threads past she rolled for his kid's legion and got an 18, and we assumed (s)he was going to be a Salamander, but then she reminded us she had rolled a D18...and then she found out she was going to have twins.

>On threads past she rolled for his kid's legion and got an 18, and we assumed (s)he was going to be a Salamander, but then she reminded us she had rolled a D18...and then she found out she was going to have twins.

Y'know, looking at it now, that's a whole lot of weird coincidences.

>lil Alphie, and little Omie !
best mum

>Looks like you've never been to a mountain before.
Fixed it for you. I'm fine with the trees now.

>tfw my clothes are starting to not fit
Need to go shopping for maternity dresses soon. That's what they're called, right? Ugh, I feel like I'm starting to get fat.

Aw, thanks! I think we're just going to keep that as a funny little in-joke between us.

> Ugh, I feel like I'm starting to get fat.
Welcome to the next 8 months! 'aint biology a joy

anyone?

It sure is! Now I'm going to go to my friend's house to spend some time with her, see if we can schedule any games and some other things.

Which new book? The Imperialis militia one? Well for a start I'm guessing rogue psykers actually have a points value. Someone on here said they got it at warhammer world and it doesn't seem to have any changes

>Spent my whole day planning and tweaking my AL list and figuring out how much it would set me back
Not even mad

set back how

Means "cost".

yeah that one. the images on the FW site show psykers are 35 pts. i was wondering if there were any other changes

As in money

Psykers have a points value in the FAQ on the FW site

Yeah I just meant it's actually in the book now

You can tell FW spent a whole 5 minutes making that list

In the dark age legions book the appendixes for the legions are numbered III, IX, XI, VI, etc instead of I, II, III, etc because FW literally could not be arsed to change the heading for the legion entries from the respective books they were published in, I wouldn't hold your breath for those points

>tfw I forgot she's out of town today.
Well, guess I'll just be on here and maybe readig a book while I wait for my husband to get home.

How long has Black Library been selling ebook versions of 30k army lists?
They have one that includes the 40k rulebook, solar auxilia, knights questoris, militia/cults, and the taghmata.

The errata and FAQs pdf on Forgeworld's website seems to have been updated this month. It now says "updated June 2016" instead of January.

Does the Dreadclaw's attack hit one unit or all units it passes over?
English is not my native tongue so I'm not sure if "any unit the model passes directly over suffers hits" means "any one unit" or "any amount of units".

If the model passes over 1 unit, only one unit can be hit. If it passes over 2 units, it may hit both. If it passes over 6, it may hit 6. And so on.

Don't skimp on them, you'll still use a lot of them while nursing (easier access) and for the first few months after birth you'll still look pregnant. You'll wish we could grow them in vats like most dark eldar, but you'll recover eventually (if you have time to exercise).

It's very recent. About time... it takes a lot of big books to get some armies' rules together.

I think armies based on two Calth boxes are weak and inflexible. But you do need the stuff you get in one box.