/tgesg/ - Weekend Elder Scrolls Lore General

It's Dusk or Dawn Somewhere Edition

>Tabletop/P&P RPGs
[Scrollhammer - Tabletop Wargame] 1d4chan.org/wiki/Scrollhammer_2nd_Edition
Discussion in #Scrollhammer (irc.thisisnotatrueending.com (port 6667))
[UESRPG 1e + other TES RPGs] mediafire.com/uesrpg
Discussion in #UESRPG (same server)

>Lore Resources
[The Imperial Library] imperial-library.info/
[/r/teslore] reddit.com/r/teslore/
[UESP/Lore] uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
[Pocket Guide to the Lore] docs.google.com/document/d/1AtsWXZKVqB4Q825_SwINY6z4_9NaGknXgeOknOCDuCU/edit
[Elder Lore Podcast] elderlore.wordpress.com/
[How to Become a Lore Buff] forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1112211-how-to-become-a-lore-buff/

>General Rules
No waifus or husbandos except KINMUNE and Pelinal please.
Keep the MK/Lady N related squabbling to a minimum.

Previous Kalpa

Other urls found in this thread:

uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Dragonskin_(perk)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Azura is the best daedra desu, that guy in skyrim gets way to upset when you refuse to corrupt her star

>best daedra
Wow, it's literally nothing

>Azura is the best daedra
Like competing about what pile of shit smells best. It's obvious Malacath.

Yet again I see someone didn't play Morrowind.

I did, but it was some 5-6 years ago, I dont recall Azura doing anything particularly bad in there, the trio had it coming, cursing the entire race is going a bit too far though

Please explain the Trinidumalarkay theory to me.

Word

>when you refuse to corrupt her star
When you put it that way it just sounds like innuendo.

I liked Azura when I read that book about one of her followers. Acura really cares about her people.

The what what?

I see Trinimac and Arkay in there, can't make out the rest.

Numidium Daggerfall, Brass golem with carapace like structure around him, tons of spikes and his face is expressive unlike the mask of Akulakhan.

oh fug, yeah it does, I'd totally corrupt her star in that sense

Carapace added to my vision of Numidium.
Obviously it looks like a clusterfuck because it's layers on top of each other but now time to clean up the layers and add color, then do other other sides of the t-pose and model this guy.

Thing is that Azura's motive for plotting to kill Tribunal is just petty revenge for betraying her and killing Nerevarine. She really isn't that different from other Daedra. The way she talks to player (in Morrowind) is also very egotistical, bitter and generally bitchy. Ironically she seems very much like Almalexia despite Almalexia not being her anticipation, but rather Sotha Sil that is completely different than Azura.

Also, note that the curse is not necessary Azura's doing. It could well be just side effect on Tribunal fucking with heart. Azura took the blame, but it's not clear that she did it and to be honest it's unlikely she would have such powers on Mundus especially in a time when most of the Towers were active.

Here is the same with color just splattered on him so that you can make it out better.

It looks pretty much as I would picture Numidium myself, except that I would have it's face to be more Dwemer-like with beard and all. It's a nice compromise with portrayals of daggerfall (spiky fleshy/stoney thing) and brass golem style of later games.

It's not visible now because of no coloring and clusterfuck of layers but he has a giant beard that is made up of three joints attached to his chin and colored carapace on these joints.

I really like how you've been progressing on this.

Thanks, by the way Divine metaphysics always felt like a bit of a fuck up to me.
It's a dwemer text, but the illustration in it is concept art of Akulakhan drawn by MK, even if I didn't have all the concept art collected I would notice it because this portrayal of Numidium is broken in the same way and unfinished in the same way Akulakhan is.

Say Azurah and I'd agree more.
Meridia is still best though.

No, she doesn't, but she's very good at making you think she does.

azura is PERFECT, delete this NOW

Afaik Akulakhan is pretty much direct copy of the original (it even has Dwemer face, but interestingly, there is some odd connection with Dwemer and Dagoths, possibly has something to do with both being heavy on nihilism), so it doesn't seem that out of place to me. It's a bit ridiculous how both of them are in similar state of construction though.

Though I recall that instead of transmuting souls, the flesh of Akulachan was created out of corprus, but I don't think there were other changes to design.

True, also symbols on akulakhan, and third eye are obviously Sixth House-ish.

>Meridia
>A NEW HAND TOUCHES THE BEACON. LISTEN. HEAR ME AND OBEY

she is pretty cool too

What is the best region in Morrowind and why is it the Bitter Coast?

Maybe it's the comfy shacks, or rowing through murky waters when there aren't any cliff racers around.

Maybe it's because you can find civilization where you least expect it.

Maybe it's the abundance of alchemy ingredients, and you can find solitude in the swamps when you need it.

Maybe I'm just bumping this thread and hoping you fetchers will post something.

t.Nerevarine

t. vivec

>cursing the entire race is going a bit too far though
>a bit

just a prank bro

have they gone too far?

Holy shit.

Stolen goods are all jokes

Should I do it?

should've changed the filename to 'JUST'

D:

o what happened with that guy in Skyrim that used keening on a soulgem and vanished?

Maybe he mantled Kragenac, not that he would notice

Arniel Gane?

None of the college members comment on his absence, almost as if he'd never existed.

gonna copy paste this from a few threads back

Do you milk drinkers know about motherfucking YSGRAMOR?

Ebony is the blood of lorkhan. Ysgramor cried ebony tears after the falmer raided Saarthal. Ysgramor is a shezarrine. His tears were used to forge Wuuthrad, which makes it a lorkhanic artifact. It's also enchanted by Ahzidal.

Look at his statue and how he holds Wuuthrad. You can also find his shield in his tomb, which looks hilariously oversized on the player character. The player can't use both his axe and his shield because the axe is two-handed and huge. Ysgramor's statue is life-size, and he was able to use both Wuuthrad and his shield.

According to ''Fragmentae Abyssum Hermaeus Morus'', Ysgramor was nearly turned into an elf by Hermaeus Mora, who took the shape of a hare, but a fox (Shor) saves him, and warns him about elven trickery. This was in Atmora, before Ysgramor had met any elves at all. Shor destined him to go on elf killing sprees before he even knew what they were.

I wish we had more info on this guy, especially about his meetings with Hermaeus Mora.

Veiled behind his mask of snow,
Which dragons breathed of silver stone,
Calling dead from depths below,
The Crow Thane in his Hall of Bone.

Men thrown to the White Wyrm's maw,
Women, bairns of Winter's Hold,
Spoke he oaths to dragons' law,
Woke he lord of wights and mold.

Wails and tears the wine-wives pine,
For warriors left in blood to drown,
Comes the son of Ysgrim's line,
A young boy in a Jagged Crown.

Nordmen gathering to his calls,
Bearing spears and axes long,
Kin avenging ravaged halls,
Bold and desperate their throng.

Strong are the draugrs' monstrous blows,
Striking skulls of fyrd-men red,
Hundreds lost unto the snows,
Hundreds for the hungering dead.

Ascending arch of jokull-snow,
On sleigh of spruce by mammoth drawn,
Arrows broken on his brow,
No blow may pierce the Jagged Crown.

Charging men in freezing mail,
Ripping rotting flesh and bone,
Harsh the Crow Thane's cursing wail:
The White Wyrm shall break Ysgrim's Throne.

Rending rebel heart and lung,
Of Crow Thane to his tomb hurled down,
Round his neck he wears the tongue,
The warrior of the Jagged Crown.

Feasting warms the ancient walls,
Of valiant men returning home,
The dead released to Sovngarde's halls,
No longer damned the white to roam.

Roaring sea of deathly hail,
Tearing at Old Windhelm's stone,
Falls the dragon's boasting wail:
The White Wyrm shall break Ysgrim's Throne.

Grey the Crow Thane's snowy veil,
By dragons forged of whispers lost,
Reshaped into a spear of pale,
By the Storm Voice, blood and frost.

White Wyrm's wings in shadowed flight,
Whispering death to lands beneath,
Halls and steads engulfed in night,
Armies shattered in his breath.

Maw unleashing razor snow,
Of dragons from the blue brought down,
Births the walking winter's woe,
The High King in his Jagged Crown.

Sharp the White Wyrm's howling song,
Splits the High King's bones and mail,
Breathing life through torc of tongue,
The spear of fate strikes dragon's scale.

By spear and shout, the dragon's pain,
Breaking scale with singing tone,
The White Wyrm at long last, now slain,
And it could not break Ysgrim's Throne.

By judgment born of war and woe,
The proudest clans and thanes kneel down,
To spear and tongue and breath of snow,
The High King in his Jagged Crown.

?

learn to appreciate nordic poetry, knife-ear

>50 posts
>13 posters

well atleast we don't have any name/avatar/tripfags so it doesn't look like we're that lonely

I wanted to respond with something clever, but it's too early in my day for that
So have this

Azura cursing the Chimer is integral to their development as a society. It doesn't matter how she intended it at that point.

There's also the thing about the TGD teaching the Chimer to "wear their skin better" and "pitch their voices the color of bruise."

Usually Dumac isn't a part of it, or is an alternate theory, but depending on the conspiracy is goes something like Arkay and Trinimac are Malacath by way of Orkey, or the Dwemer were transformed into the Orsimer making Dumac Malacath.

If I remember correctly, he was absorbed into the nearest and most powerful vessel: you. You can talk to his ghost later.

Like the Dwemer and the Numidium.

Oh, and DMK.

How do we fix ES dragons?

They aren't broken.

They are generic as fuck, don't even have tusks.

What's wrong with TES dragons?

Sanguine is way better! He's the Andrew WK of the ES universe.

The Nine Divines are boring. Daedra, they're never boring.

They will never be as good ingame as we imagine

In the games.

It's a good thing these aren't threads about the games.

Because 99% of it doesn't come from them, sure

I'd say it's more like 60%. Maybe even less.

Oh, you're one of THOSE people...

I'm sorry that bears and spiders and dragons are generic as fuck, what we should have done is given them the lower body of a centipede and bat wings. That would be so creative, it would make for a decent setting after all.

Because we all know the only thing that was any good about Morrowind is that it had dinosaurs, while everything like the world building and detail simply distract from the fact that there are big mushrooms. Let's make everything "Creative" by making every creature a chimera. How do you propose we "fix" dragons? Make them half walrus?

Dragons are already fucking chimeras you n'waggot.

who's lying on the floor?

Tusks it is then. That will make them interesting.

dragons suck because they don't have 4 noses and use math magic instead of of shouts :^(

I think It's Dagoth Ur.

Dragons are already unique in TES while still being distinct from regular dragons and not going overboard with it.

Does Aka-tusk ring any bells?

I'm aware what Aka-tusk is, what I'm saying is that dragons in TES are far more interesting than dragons in other settings, and the things you want to "fix" are just superficial.

A deep setting isn't about having Dwarves made from fire, it's a setting that can explain and integrate the fire-dwarves in an interesting way, instead of saying "Look mom, I made something whacky!"

>A deep setting isn't about having Dwarves made from fire, it's a setting that can explain and integrate the fire-dwarves in an interesting way, instead of saying "Look mom, I made something whacky!"
take notes, 'deep lore'fags

> Yes Mr. Fencer, this one assures you it's a vein from the hearth of Lorkhaj! Went to the Moon and chipped it out myself! Would you like this authentic ancient dwemer as well? Apparently they all look like Imgakins! This one assures you they're both authentic!

First of all, I'm not the person you were taking to, and secondly everyone is ignoring the fact that dragon tusks aren't anything new in TES.

It's just as stupid to think anything "deep" is inherently meaningless.

>don't even have tusks.

Could you point me in the direction of where it describes all dragons as all having tusks?

These look fucking retarded.

Most of the "deep stuff that is written to seem 2deep4u by the lore community and not the games or developers is in the same vein as when people who say they're a Zen Buddhist start speaking in riddles instead of giving a straight forward answer. It's nonsense meant to give the illusion of depth, and you know it.

I didn't say that. I said dragon tusks aren't anything new in the lore, because they aren't.

>Asks for tusks
>Get tusks
>Yeah but lol

Are you taking about actual developer material or fan stuff? If the latter, I don't care about that stuff outside of a few monkey truths.

Friendly reminder that Dark Souls was released in the same year as Skyrim, and despite not being a game where dragon fighting is the main focus, did dragons 1000% better.
Look at Skyrim's uninspired flying lizards and then at this beast.

You mean a name that has tusk in it? You might as well as say that they should have fur because Khajiit describe dragons as big cats, because at least that has an actual source.

Skyrim dragons were amazing, the real deal. The problem is we've all killed hundreds or thousands by now so nobody's given a shit since the first few fights.

reminder

Fan stuff, and some developer material. Specifically one developer who who browses reddit a lot and gets an ego high on people making nonsense and then him telling them that it was always meant to be. The same person who says that continents are time.

They don't even have any interesting features.

You could just ask if you want to know more.

See the post directly below you.

I lost all wonder when I saw a bear kill a dragon.

That looks like a stylized creature who's only purpose in life is to be beaten by the player.
While I don't really like the combat, at least skyrim dragons looked like they were a creature of the world.

Here's how I know you're an idiot: Even at its weirdest, Kirkbride's lore is well and beyond more constructed and comprehensible than virtually any other video game mythology.

Yes, even the continent thing.

Dragons are immortal demitimegod beings, not creatures.

That's more a fault of bears being overpowered demigods than dragons themselves.
uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Dragonskin_(perk)

You would be saying the opposite in a Dark Souls thread.

I'm sure that dragon fits into the souls universe.
But that universe isn't meant to be lived it, it's meant to be played in.

A Dragon Priest mask that's stylized means all dragons need to have had tusks? You think that is an actual source, even though it's in the same game where dragons do not have walrus tusks?

Please, educate my ignorant ass, and post a book, dialogue, or even an actual source?