The humans...

The humans, elves and dwarfs of the setting live in a black swampdesert in buildings that look like they're made of obsidian and spikes

The orcs, trolls and werewolves live in a green and pristine land of lush forests and shining white spires

And the orcz wonder why we invade their lands and enslave their people's.

We asked to move in nicely millenia ago, but no they had to be cunts and say no.

>look i inverted a trope i'm so cool

GIVE CLAY!!!

WE WUZ COALITION OF LIGHT N' SHIET!

how do low-IQs creatures build/upkeep those white spires?

LotR orcs could build planes and tanks, LotR werewolves were low-level evil gods. Their collective IQ is probably higher than the free races, if you don't count the super elves like Elrond and Fingolfin.

It's the werewolves. Those afflicted amng humans, elves and dwarves made a pact with one another and consolidated power. Those not afflicted rose up in disgust. The resulting war left room for orcs and trolls to conquer the green lands, especially after the werewolves made pacts with them. The surviving humans, elves and dwarfs fled to fringe outposts and colonies to rebuild, but have settled into a stable nation state, as the werewolves did not lead their orc and troll allies out after them beyond the glittering, broken walls. Now the swampdesert is tamed and exploited by the survivors and the descendants, feeding a fledgling nation that waits for its inevitable doom every day. Each day is one more to prepare for retaking their ancestral homelands.
The werewolves consider their foes broken and rule over the restored ruins, introducing orcs into their rule. Some orcs have taken up in residence, but most are pursuing their own culture, 'improving' their civilization. The trolls have taken to the countryside, developing a civilization based on the wild fertile fields.
This is the quiet period, the silence between battles. Will the player characters steer these factions towards peace or start the spark which will ignite another war?

Every good race coming together like the reverse ultimate evil, just to kill the legion of furry werebeast. This has some potential. I can see the trolls being passed over depending on how hippy they go in the fields, I keep picturing rasta trolls with fields of weed as far as the eye can see. The orks will probably be slaughtered next even if they are Dirzzit orcs with their own nation.

Rapacious bands of marauding humans swarm over the countryside, violating helpless orc maidens wherever they can find them

Orc Alliance drives the civilized folk out into the crap lands.

Orcs and co. move into the good farm land.

Couple of generations down the line its not such a good land because orcs can't farm for shit, those great crystal spires required constant magical maintenance and the cities are looking very run down.

It's basically gone Full Zimbabwe.

>Meanwhile in the crap lands.

of the surviving humans, elves and dorfs that were driven to the volcanic, desiccated or swampy lands shit was very hard.

More magic users survived as a percentage of the population during the initial flight just because it's an advantage. Sorcery is hereditary.

Tieflings and Aasimar also survived better in the flight and the hard years afterwards, so they also make up a larger percentage of the population.

So the humans are, after a thousand years, mostly tieflings, aasimar and natural magic users.

The elvish and dorf craftsmen have come to an understanding. Dorfs refine the metal, elves shape it, dorfs do their secret rituals of salt and fire to enchant it.

The moutnatins have been tamed by the geomancers directing lava flows and the humans building stepped fields everywhere.

The dorfs have built dams on every river and made beautiful fishing reservoirs and collected and managed irrigation water.

The elves have used their innate understanding of soil and seeds to figure out which crops will grow where.

Mordor is now a garden full of life with all picking fruit from the trees without fear or apology.

New generations of orcs and associated turds start going on about "infidels in muh momeland! Cruasde NOW!"

Are your characters bad enough dudes to defend New Eden?

>LotR orcs could build planes and tanks
wait, what

It's suggested in The Hobbit and confirmed in The Silmarilion. They don't do so in the time of the War of the Ring, but they did before and Tolkien proposes they may after (he writes that they may have secretly inspired humans to create the war machines used in WWI).

>confirmed in The Silmarilion

I don't remember this at all and can't find anything on google.

I love it. Nice job Veeky Forums

I wouldn't go so far as to say it's confirmed, but IIRC, there's a part in the Silmarilion which mentions Morgoth's armies using iron vehicles powered by fire or something like that. Some people have interpreted them as being tanks, which doesn't seem far-fetched given that Tolkien has already associated orcs with mechanized warfare in The Hobbit and had a generally very unfavorable opinion of it. Bad memories from the war, possibly.

Then again, these are the same people who believe that the elves built a spaceship to carry one of the Silmarils.

Spelljammer master race.

Humans live in brightly colored tents and wagons. Elves live underground in ancient high tech facilities.
Dwarves live in isolated cabins and shacks west of the civilized lands.

Orcs live in Babylonian style mud brick cities.
Werewolves are ship builders from the southern islands, who trade with and occasionally raid the Orcs.
Trolls are powerful wizards, and live in what look like skyscraper sized termite mounds. We think: no ones ever seen the trolls, they communicate through intermediaries and magical sendings.

If you're going to fuck the tropes, at least be original about it.

works for me.

Lets take this further

Due to the fact that tieflings and aasimar seem to breed true 90+% of the time the "human" race is now all but extinct. The aasimar/tiefling race still refers to itself as human but a human of yesteryear would only know them as mostly human at best. Actual humans, or true humans, still come about. This is not because there is some hidden valley somewhere with a sustainable breeding population so much as because if if a tiefling and aasimer have children its 45% chance going to be tiefling, 45% aasimer and 10% human. Two true humans have a child it is always human but the chances of those children finding a partner that is true human and not a close relative is very slim. Mostly if you see what looks like a human it's a half-elf.

The elves have survived as pure elves, despite the shit loads of half elves, because they live for fucking ever so there is always the original pure stock to breed from.

Dwarves couldn't usually produce hybrids that weren't sterile. Except with gnomes and halflings. Everyone assumes that the gnomes and halflings got eaten by trolls back in the day. They were not. They all mixed together till it was hard to tell them apart. Or at least hard for outsiders to tell them apart. Dwarves can tell if someone has gnome or halfling blood in them but hardly anyone else can or cares.

>swampdesert

How does that work, exactly? I'm fairly certain those two biomes are complete opposites.

make a rat civilization instead

make them extremely be social, empathetic clean freaks, because actual rats are

Last I checked, and I could be completely fucking wrong, a number of Deserts have Swamps on their outskirts

>the orcs, bemoaning their lack of intimidating lands and architecture, invade the human lands en masse
>the green muscley orcs from over yonder have faced a dire shortage of massive tusks for lack of deadly megafauna and their carpenters are desperately searching for an alternative