That Group

We have That Guy threads all the time.
But what about That Group?
Where everyone seems like the worst kind of player?
Although technically, you might be the odd one, or That Guy if you tried to stop them.
Anyone have any horrible group stories?
Or regular That Guy stories too I suppose.

Posting pic related to prove that Veeky Forums still gets shit done, regardless of whether or not it should have ever been attempted in the first place.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/45048008/#45060188
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

For the origin of this nonsense, see:
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/45048008/#45060188

waddefugg

This is the last one so far.

Your response is appropriate.
I have no answer for you.

This is the opposite of funny.

>This comic is a byproduct of Veeky Forums and therefore awful
That explains it

Pretty much

>it should never have ever been attempted in the first place.
So apparently this.

All the obvious issues aside,
>wordswordswords
I'm hard-pressed to call this a comic.

Well Thog, what's the proper dialogue to art ratio for it to be a comic?
I'm not excusing it, or its layout, just curious what your metric is.

> what's the proper dialogue to art ratio for it to be a comic?
Minus Garfield.

>emersion

Perhaps they are distracting him from his attempt at emerging from his pants

That title reminds me of these posts from back in 2012. I went and got them and put them into chronological order.

I find the sheer absurdity hilarious.

That's pretty good.
I liked the reaction to the fetishes.

Its been a while

I used to be the leader of a That Group. We would hang around our game store, join new GMs en masse, and try to overrun his campaign, usually going just along enough with it to develop a little hint of a plot and then derail everything to fuck with the guy.

One day, we got a GM who decided to fuck with us back, and it actually turned into a pretty awesome campaign. I can tell the story if anyone's interested.

Its a boring day, do it faggot

>So, some fairly standardish save the world from the evil wizard or some nonsense general fantasy.
>We're doing our usual shtick, running along with the plot for a little bit, and then out of the blue decide to randomly murderhobo an entire town.
>DM sends a rather large army to hunt us down.
>We get captured
>Stripped of our equipment.
>Cast down into this hellhole pit which DM has since admitted is inspired by Jeff Vogel's exile.
>Game turns from some heroic fantasy into survivalmode game.
>We have, at start, no equipment. No food. No sources of light. Nothing but the clothes on our backs.
>Lots of monsters that can kill us easily, so we spend a lot of time running away and hiding from things.
>I just want to interject to point out that at this point, the only reason anyone was still playing is that neither side wanted to call it quits and give in that the other party had ruined their game.
>Anyway, I had a few ranks in various survival mode skills, so we were able to scrounge for food and survive long enough to gain some more skill points, which we sunk into some crude crafting skills.
>Make stone knives and hammers.
>Now able to fight, a little bit.
>DM relents and we find some actual spell components, so our magickers aren't useless dickasses in robes.
>Eventually, we clear out an area that is relatively safe, but then have to fend off other murderhobo people who had also been thrown down here.
>Start growing some fungus, as well as cultivating a phosphorescent strain, so we can actually scout outside a few caves where it grows naturally.
>And then, we find some other prisoners.
>And these aren't psycho murderhobos like us, but they're political prisoners that were thrown down for offending the wrong person.
>We can work with them.
>They don't have much combat skill, but we can keep them safe and not have to spend all our time crafting rock tools and farming fungus.
>Make things a little safer
>Expand our territory a little more

1/2

>Eventually, we make the area where they drop people down, and all the caves in about a thirty mile radius relatively safe. Occasional attacks by individual giant monsters, but we have actual supply lines and fortified encampments, the most important around the portal itself.
>We screen out psychos like ourselves, push them out of the community. Let other people have a fighting chance if they can work, no longer are you probably going to die in your first three hours by whatever giant spider or other monster happened to be in the vicinity.
>We decide that we've founded a new underground country, and make a flag out of giant spider silk and an emblem.
>Actually going into the nitty gritty of nation-building, all held together by fungus "agriculture".
>There's still a lot of adventuring to do, as there are always more monsters at the perimeter, and everything we have is crude as fuck, with a bronze spear the best weapon our party possesses, but through perseverance and a bit of cleverness, we manage to keep things running.
>After months of this, realize it's the most satisfying campaign I've ever played. I at least used to play primarily to acquire an ever longer list of bling that I never used, in between derailing things for shits and giggles. Here, I was armed with a pair of stone knives for ages, and wove together giant spider legs for "armor", and realize that my character will die in poverty, alone, in the dark. Actually making something that lasts is way, way cooler.

Be back yo read in a bit

I want to shake that DM's hand and massage his feet

I do feel inclined to warn you, that according to his own admission, he kept it going just as a way to fuck with us for about the first 2-3 months in the caves.

Holy shit what a fantastic DM
I'm jealous

>again

>You need a potion of Regeneration for what?
Not to mention the cleric "Laying on Hands."

>"A group of That Guys"
> Everyone but me is That Guy

I have some difficult news for you OP.

>I have some difficult news for you OP.
Read the fourth line of literally the OP post you're replying to.
You have some difficult news of your own coming.

I think I remember you posting this before.
Troll vs. Counter-troll results in best end.
I love it.