Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Why are you not playing an inquisitor of Bane in the Forgotten Realms with the Bane class feature, the Extended Bane feat, a Bane Baldric, and Bane as a spell known?

Baneposting class template from DSP when?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hdPm41ad

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
web.archive.org/web/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

theworldissquare.com/feat-taxes-in-pathfinder/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because I'm playing a Tower Shield-using Fighter

Because i'm currently playing a Bard-a-Din then i'm DMing, and after that I want to play the Barbarian/Dragon Disciple, aka ULTIMATE BLOODRAGER

He is, but honestly, there's no need to do it the way he is.

It's as simple as going "If a weapon is finesseable, then you can replace your Str score with your Dex score for all things related to that weapon, whether it be feats, ability DCs, pre-reqs, or damage and to-hit"

And then it's just Effortless Lace or a feat to get any weapon finesseable

What spell should I steal as a Samsaran Druid?

right now I'm thinking about...

Restoration
Break Enchantment
Divine Power

What should I grab for the last one? Miracle?

How would you define a finessable weapon? You still need to categorize them, be it choosing a weapon group or selecting the weapons in question

He's also giving the martials weapon finesse right off the bat, and making them choose other weapon groups as feats

A... weapon that says it can be used with weapon finesse, user.

theworldissquare.com/feat-taxes-in-pathfinder/

Here.

Weapon Finesse (Combat Proficiency)

Choose one weapon group from the following: light blades, close weapons, and natural weapons.

Prerequisites: Base attack bonus +1.

Benefit: You may use your Dexterity modifier instead of your Strength modifier on attack rolls.
Upon reaching base attack bonus +3, you add your Dexterity modifier instead of your Strength modifier to damage rolls.

Special: You can gain this proficiency as a feat multiple times. Its effects do not stack. Each time you take the feat, it applies to a new weapon group.

Martial* classes begin play with this Proficiency and need not have the prerequisite normally required. This Proficiency stacks with Finesse Training and Weapon Training. A full caster may purchase this Proficiency as a feat.

*martial includes full BAB classes as well as martial partial casting classes (ie, hunter, magus, inquisitor etc)

May have a look at finessing weapons as well

Finesse weapons should be more than just light weapons, they should at least be light blades, natural and close weapons, which user is including

I like his idea slightly more than what you're going more, it's more appealing to me

But all of those are already finesseable?

No, swordcanes, bayonets, heavy shields, natural do not count as light weapons

I take it you are also counting exotic weapons into that mix as well?

>natural and close weapons
Both are light weapons
Unarmed strikes are also a light weapon.

Scizore, I'm not going through all of them

They're going by the fighter weapons groups.
>Playing fighter unironically

Will my DM throw books at me if I build my character for bludgeoning DEX-to-damage?

Have a look through the individual weapons in the category, bayonet, heavy shield, scizore

And when the fuck have you ever seen someone EVER use any of those in any way, let alone with dex?

natural weapons are considered light weapons, it says so right there in Weapon Finesse description.

>backpedaling

Yeah, attempted to but couldn't and now they can you fucking cuntnozzle

what, like a rogue using saps/unarmed strikes? What's wrong with that?

I'm thinking more along the lines of an actual bludgeoning weapon. Like a hammer with an effortless lace.

>Hurr getting dex to damage now makes fuckawful weapons viable

But that's wrong, you useless cuntweasle.

>my idea is ignored and shit so I'll just bag out the other guy's because no fun is allowed

>effortless lace
it's magic, user. It's not like you're breaking the game rules, you're using a magic item to do the exact thing the magic item is intended to do.

though as far as i know, two-handing a dex-to-damage weapon won't give you 1.5x your dex on damage rolls, so at the end of all that it's still inferior to a str character. It does, however, let you TWF with greatclubs or some shit.

>though as far as i know, two-handing a dex-to-damage weapon won't give you 1.5x your dex on damage rolls
It does if you're an UCRogue, they're the one exception besides Mythic Weapon Finesse.
So you can add 1.5 dex to damage with a warhammer as a Rogue.

Moreover, you can pick up Thunder and Fang and add dex to damage with a fucking Earthbreaker.

Honestly having entire weapon groups finessable and having it stack with martial and finesse training!wat right out of the box isn't such a bad idea, especially since you don't have to purchase anything now that he's edited it such it's not exactly a feat per se but can be taken as one

>being corrupted/evil turns her White

Pretty funny to be honest senpai

So.

Is there any reason to ever take Savage Barbarian over Invulnerable Rager?

Self-loathing

it may have more to do with her being a fucking vampire

... so being corrupted or evil turns her white, yes.

what's this from?

Oh great its perfect for me then.

Vampires are inherently pale creatures because they have no heartbeat and thus do not circulate blood. Even dusky people look different when they're clinically dead.

Who is this?

Are you implying Mwangi vampires turn white?

Wait, didn't Mythic (aka, PC+) have some iconics turn black?

Wow, black is power and white is evil.

Now lets be fair.
That's because that bitch is worshiping Zura and that slut is all about becoming a vampire.

Isn't Geb fucking dead and he's still black as fuck?

So is evil power grey or something?

>Goodest most kind and advanced nation is notafrica
>Baddest most evil nation is noteurope

Nope, that's still white, see Antipaladin.

Raw power turns you black because blackness is objectively better.

Finesse

With a finesse weapon you may use your Dex modifier instead of your Str modifier to attack rolls.
A finesse weapon is from the light blade, natural and close weapon groups.

How's that?

Antipaladins wear black armour so it checks out anyway.

tl;dr

WE WUZ HEROES N SHIT

Effortless Lace doesn't work with Bludgeoning Weapon. It specify Slashing or Piercing weapon.

URogue's Finesse doesn't work with those weapon since it ask for "a type of weapon that can be use with weapon finesse". A TYPE.

It doesn't matter if you can finesse with it via other ability or magic item, if that weapon type isn't normally finessable by itself.

Aquatic is the most underrated bloodline for sorcerers.

Raise the deep creates 675000 cubic feet of water, enough to fully cover a battlefield and force everyone to swim.

No stormborn is the most underrated.

Nah people actually think Stormborn is good, its got great spells, great feats, great arcana, and great abilities

Its only bad ability is Ride the Lightning,

Geb is decomposed. Vampires don't rot.

Well, that sucks

Geb is a ghost.

Black armor that gives them power and protection; the maggot-white monster needs black skin to survive.

Once again whitey exploits the proud black for their own nefarious purposes.

Ghost actually. Became one because he didn't know whether his rival is dead or not.

>tfw the last antipaladin I played wore mithral parade armour which was shining white as fuck
>the only evil looking bits were pentagram decorations

What are some good sorcerer bloodlines including third party?

>All this persecution complex

While Paizo has a clear bias towards ~diversity~ and being critical of whitey, I wouldn't call them actually malicious, just the ramblings of irrelevant west coast bubble white people.

That said, who here has actually played a character that was genuinely persecuted or discriminated against by another player, or the DM?

Anyone got an Inner Sea Intrigue link just lying around?

>Baneposting discipline when?

When you make it, user.

I've got a lion noble in a party consisting almost entirely of violent anti-noble assholes.

I give him two sessions before PvP.

Out elf rogue(along with most elves in the setting) have übermench complex and regularly acted disgusted and racist toward me(ratfolk) and the other player at the table( human). It's refreshing honestly to have some inter party conflict.

>Ratfolk
>Unironically playing the sniveling Jew

Lol.

Is a bard that has no spellcasting (but keeps bardic performance) but full BAB,martial weapons, fighter feats and all decent (not good) saves, balanced?

Is that a fighter fix suggestion? Because it sure looks like one.

I'd play it.

Spell-lists are a hassle and I honestly don't like using them. Spells feel sleazy to me. I'd play that class in a moment.

Speaking of, are there any good spell-less archetypes for Paladin?

>Speaking of, are there any good spell-less archetypes for Paladin?
PoWladin.

That was the joke, yes, a ratfolk necromancer who's family is a long line of mithril merchants. He's become more than that now, but he's a merchant at heart.

combo warrior of the holy light and oath of vengeance, extra lay on hands, and convert lay on hands to extra smites

So I need to send around large amounts of mercenaries. To do this I am using Greater Teleport.

Each time I do this I need to pay for the return trip of the caster, so I get the following:

7*(number of passengers)+2*10, the two being the caster going there and back. Meaning with a minimum level caster for the spell I get 13 per (level 14, and he comes back with a CL1 Greater Teleport). This costs 1050gp.

Using this as a base for travel costs I then try and figure out the cost of mercenaries.

Elite Archers cost 380gp and Elite Soldiers cost 330gp. So 710gp for 10, and if 50% of soldiers fall into either category we consider it 71gp per soldier. With the 1050gp budget for 13 passengers that is 80gp 7sp 9cp per passenger.

This totals as 151gp 7sp 9cp per mercenary transported. This cost per goes down slightly if I can find a higher than level 13 wizard, and goes down greatly if I build capital to get the mercenaries (using downtime rules) rather than pay up front.

If I somehow find a CL20 teleport and always go by building capital the minimum cost is 112gp 8sp 7cp per mercenary.

Does these figures seem reasonable with the system? Honestly I am treading odd territory with this.

What do you mean by "decent (not good) saves"? There's only two progressions, unless you went and made up a third one. Did you do "all bad, but Charisma to saves" or something like that?

I just added +1 to Fortitude and Reflex desu senpai

>he comes back with a CL1 Greater Teleport
whut?

How would you go about making a Cavalier archetype that accurately portrays a Bretonnian Grail Knight?

Nope, it's too weak, weaker than fighter. Also because a primary Int class since it no longer needs Cha for casting.

This is for a super low magic setting BTW, as in the only magic user is a literal dinosaur

He cast Greater Teleport to come back, but only on himself, so he cast it at CL1. You can cast at under your CL and you can cast under the minimum level requirement to learn a spell. (Cast a 1d6 fireball at level 15 or something).

>You can cast at under your CL and you can cast under the minimum level requirement to learn a spell. (Cast a 1d6 fireball at level 15 or something).

Where does it say that?

Under the rules for spells I believe.

"You can cast a spell at a lower caster level than normal, but the caster level you choose must be high enough for you to cast the spell in question, and all level-dependent features must be based on the same caster level."

So... no, you can't cast Greater Teleport at CL 1.

Can someone post the sorcerer mutation from magic tactics?

Well what about a monk with no ki, DEX or STR to hit and damage for unarmed strike,D10 hit die and full BAB

Ah ok. I have to redo the pricing then.

Full BAB makes flurry actually work. Don't remove Ki, monk needs just pure buffs. Slow fall should just be permanent feather fall tbqh

No ki on the setting, the techniques haven't been developed yet

They are fucked the moment someone with DR shows up.

Make a clustered shots ability for unarmed strikes

Why?

....So a Brawler?

Without martial flexibility, which is dumb as shit and with speed, Wis to AC and CMD, evasion etc.Some abilities that need ki will be changed but this is just the base

Because 100 hits each doing 10 damage is going to do nothing against anything with a DR of 10. Fey and Demons in particular are a major problem for monks.

>, which is dumb as shit
You are retarded. Also mutagen mauler.

They can wear rings of silver to bypass silver DR and such
I just don't like it at all.

>way too many proficiencies
Relative to what? Gaining /all/ martial and simple weapons?

If you're making that claim based on looking at the weapon groups on the SRD, keep in mind that includes all weapons written into the game, which means that if you don't want a certain splatbook of weapons, you can keep them out.

Besides, this is a houserule for my game. You don't have to use it.

So what are some ideas you people have for playing thri-kreen?
Alligator warrior unrelated

Is there a reason why not Druid wouldn't get Guided AoMF as soon as possible?

unless you're playing PFS

It appears to be trying to speak

What classes have "super saiyan" modes?
Stuff like rage, shapeshifting into a werewolf, etc. - temporary, powerful combat buffs, preferably with heavy downsides once they're finished.
3pp only, I know the base classes.

Got anymore Horror Adventures art?