Egwen Girls School Quest 30

You are Janrael, Solar Angel Soulborn, wizard, and currently team leader of the good team of the Egwen Girls School club!

Lucinda's plan had a few flaws, but actual drunk satyrs turning up would not have been among those you would have listed.

You and a bunch of the other girls decided to trick somer guys from the other teams – playing cards for items of clothing, with marked cards. The plan was going well – the guys were just about to run around the building in their underwear – giving you all a chance to hide their clothes and leave them here.

Then these idiots came in...

Six satyrs have crashed the party, there are about twenty young adventurers here, including you, Lucinda, Nataline Nevyn, and Syphoebeus.

Syphoebeus is rising, looking angry, Nataline is rising, looking calm. If you let Phoebe handle this it could mean a fight, but Nataline might be able to talk them down, you hope.

Outnumbered 3-to-1 you aren't scared of these satyrs, but if you get caught here you could get in trouble with your teachers.

You are also holding the unconscious body of Ju Gens – the noble-born member of the Bloodweavers. You thought he was a bit of a creep but he faced off against the Satyr leader Gol Karin without any hesitation.

Gol Karin is busy removing his belt, and his tight pants make it abundently clear what you're about to get an eyeful off.

But how to handle this?

>Let Phoebe handle it
>Let Nataline handle it
>Attack (write-in or options in follow-up vote)
>Talk them out of it – everyone will be in trouble if the teachers and event organisers find out.
>Other (?)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/t467eb4q
pastebin.com/wCst2V8B
pastebin.com/RG9EAvPq
pastebin.com/xHFh2iz2
pastebin.com/ej98zdgD
ibin.co/260vHqwvCza9
twitter.com/anAspiringQM
ask.fm/AnAspiringQM
suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Egwen School Quest
suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=Egwen School Quest
pastebin.com/PmSudaxb
imgur.com/a/rKqQt
imgur.com/a/EnMfz
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The Adventurers Club pastebin.com/t467eb4q
Classes and Races pastebin.com/wCst2V8B
Quest Rules pastebin.com/RG9EAvPq
Main Character pastebin.com/xHFh2iz2
Setting pastebin.com/ej98zdgD
Continent Map ibin.co/260vHqwvCza9
QM Twitter twitter.com/anAspiringQM
QM Askfm ask.fm/AnAspiringQM
Archive suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Egwen School Quest
and suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=Egwen School Quest
Diaries pastebin.com/PmSudaxb
Art imgur.com/a/rKqQt
Other Art imgur.com/a/EnMfz

>Attack

>Tell Nataline to have her headmates Message Salazar

Should be Lucinda of course, don't know how I mixed them up

Blood for the blood god.

You came to the wrong tent, assholes.

Seems like violence truly is the answer. You didn't bring your weapons and armour, but you can probably put up a good fight.

Janrael
>Attack (unarmed)
>Spell/Power (?)
>Other (?)

Lucinda
>Attack (unarmed)
>Message Sallazar
>Spell/Power (?)
>Other (?)

Nataline
>Attack (unarmed)
>Spell/Power (?)
>Other (?)

Nevyn
>Attack (unarmed)
>Go beast-girl
>Spell/Power (?)
>Other (?)

Syphoebeus
>Attack (unarmed)
>Spell/Power (?)
>Other (?)

Guys from other teams
>No orders
>Yell orders (?)

Allies
12 Other Adventurers

Foes
6 Satyrs

Care: There is no spell preventing injuries active as there would be in a normal dungeon.

>Spell/Power (?)
>Stoneskin Lucinda

>Bardic Inspiration (Nevyn)

>Attack (unarmed)
>Go beast-girl

>Attack (unarmed)

missed Nataline

>Magic Missile

Janrael
>Spell/Power (Righteous Weapon, Satyrs)

Lucinda
>Spell/Power (Bardic Inspiration, Nevyn)

Nataline
>Spell/Power (Bless, Nevyn)

Nevyn
>Go beast-girl
>Attack (unarmed)

Syphoebeus
>Spell/Power (Hold Person)
Assuming Satyrs count as people.

Guys from other teams
>No orders

Janrael
>Attack (Unarmed)

Lucinda
>Tell her headmates to send Message to Sallazar

Nataline
>Magic Vestment on Lucinde

Nevyn
>Go beastform
>Attack

Syphoebus
>Cast Lightning Bolt

Guys
>No orders

Janrael
>Attack Unarmed
Wouldn't the AoE of Righteous Weapon damage our allies?

Lucinda
>Spell/Power (Bardic Inspiration, Nevyn)

Nataline
>Spell/Power (Bless, Nevyn)

Nevyn
>Go beast-girl
>Attack (unarmed)

Syphoebeus
>Spell/Power Lightning Bolt

Guys from other teams
>No orders

>Wouldn't the AoE of Righteous Weapon damage our allies?

Only if in close quarters with the target. The area is fairly small compared to other spells

>Only if in close quarters with the target.
Such as right now? Or even less?

Melee distance/5ft

Right now only 1 satyr is that near you - you'd aim for one further away

changing to RW then

So

Janrael
Righteous Weapon

Lucky
Inspire (Nevyn)

Nataline
Bless (Nevyn)

Nevyn
Beast + attack

Syphoebeus
Lightning Bolt

Others
No orders

Please roll 3d20 for Janrael, Nevyn and Syphoebeus and vote on extra divine/arcane power for
Janrael (righteous weapon)
Nataline (bless), and
Syphoebeus (lightning bolt)

Rolled 17, 3, 11 = 31 (3d20)

Rolled 10, 3, 11 = 24 (3d20)

Rolled 4, 20, 11 = 35 (3d20)

These guys are as good as dead, holy shit.

Its at the top of the page and in a sticky...

Whilst you whisper a prayer and draw forth a translucent glowing blade a witty comment fails to come to mind. You wish you could think of something funny to say to these satyrs but all you're coming up with is goat-related puns.

The blade leaps forwards at one of the rear-most satyrs, even as he lashes out with a partly-formed spell to counter yours – the two opposing arcane forces clash in mid-air but yours proves stronger and pushes through, hitting him square in the chest and knocking him back with an explosion that showers his friends nearby with sparks.

[Janrael AE 17/24]

Syphoebeus' spell follows yours – striking two of the satyrs, despite one attempting to dispel it.

[Syphoebeus AE 13/18]

The smell of ozone and burned hair offends your senses, but not nearly as much as what they're graphically promising to do to you.

Lucinda and Nataline both use their abilities to encourage Nevyn – who transforms and leaps atop Gol Karin – bearing him to the ground with a roar. He thrashes and screams as her claws rake down him and her jaws bite into the arm raised to defend himself. A dull crunch followed by renewed screaming tells you she broke something important.

As the boys around the room recover from their surprise and start yelling, some raising fists, others starting to cast spells, the satyrs counter attack.

One casts a spell on Nevyn – you don't see anything happen but Nataline gives a small “Hmph!” of disapproval. The satyrs cursing indicates he was expecting a more dramatic effect.

Another satyr draws a shortsword that trails icy mist through the air and bound forwards to meet the on-rushing mass of teenage boy adventurers. Fortunately he seems to be striking to wound and disable rather than kill.

The adventurers themselves punch and kick at the satyrs, as well as try to restrain them – but here the satyrs smaller number prove to be an advantage – since only a few of your allies can attack at once.

The final satyr rushes you and hits you in the stomach with a weighted club, hard. Your breath leaves your body with a moan.

[Janrael HP 23/29]

He hit you hard enough to kill an ordinary person – only your innate toughness saved you.

“Fucking stuck up bitch!” he grunts, as you refuse to fall.

Now everything is so mixed up and close that many spells would risk friendly-fire; Nevyn growls as a poorly-aimed bolt of fire from one of the boys singes her fur.

Janrael [HP 23/29, AE 17/24]
>Attack (unarmed)
>Spell/Power (?)
>Other (?)

Lucinda
>Attack (unarmed)
>Message Sallazar
>Spell/Power (?)
>Other (?)

Nataline [DE 15/16]
>Attack (unarmed)
>Spell/Power (?)
>Other (?)

Nevyn (beastform, Inspire)
>Attack (unarmed)
>Other (?)

Syphoebeus [AE 13/18]
>Attack (unarmed)
>Spell/Power (?)
>Other (?)

Guys from other teams
>No orders
>Yell orders (?)

Allies
10 Adventurers
2 Adventurers (wounded)

Foes
2 Satyrs (lightly wounded)
3 Satyrs (wounded)
1 Satyrs (incapacitated)

Janrael
>Cast Stoneskin on herself

Lucinda
>Message Sallazar

Nataline
>Magi vestment Lucinda

Nevyn
>Attack

>Syphoebus
>Attack Unarmed

>No orders

> Attack Unarmed

> Message Sallazar

> Magic Missile

> Attack

> Attack

>No orders

Janrael
>Attack (unarmed)

Lucinda
>Psychic Blast

Nataline
>Shiled Other (Lucinda)

Nevyn
>Attack (unarmed)

Syphoebus
>Attack (unarmed)

Guys from other teams
>No orders

Janrael
>Spell/Power (Stoneskin, Self)

Lucinda
>Message Sallazar

Nataline
>Spell/Power (Magic Vestment, Lucinda)

Nevyn
>Attack (unarmed)

Syphoebeus
>Attack (unarmed)

Guys from other teams
>No orders

>Attack (unarmed)
>Message Sallazar
>Shield Other (Lucinda)
>Attack (unarmed)
>Attack (unarmed)

>No orders

Janrael
unarmed attack

Lucinda
Message Sallazar

Nataline
Magic Vestment (Lucinda) – tie-break

Nevyn
Attack

Syphoebeus
Attack

Please roll 4d20 for actions (everyone but Lucinda) and vote for extra energy for Nataline.

Rolled 9, 15, 8, 17 = 49 (4d20)

Rolled 4, 4, 10, 17 = 35 (4d20)

Rolled 18, 20, 12, 18 = 68 (4d20)

Pretty good

Responding to the satyrs attack with your own you swing a wild flurry of punches at him – that he somehow manages to avoid. Grinning at you he slams his club into you again, but this time you're ready for it, and its more of a glancing blow.

[Janrael HP 21/29]

Still hurts though.

Towards the back, farthest from the battle, Lucinda casts a spell – you don't see what happens but you hope its something useful. It sounds like she's talking to someone but what she is saying is lost over the yelling in the fight.

Nataline also casts a spell of some kind, but you don't know what she's doing. All you're focused on is the massive brawl around you and the satyr in front of you. To either side of you is a mostly-naked guy helping you fight the satyr – who is now starting to back away, keeping you all at bay with a cudgel sweeping back and forth, his face set into a scowl.

Syphoebeus takes a shallow cut on her forearm but grabs a satyr and throws him backwards into another – both reel about and then fall – before being piled on by several of the boys you were until recently playing cards with.

Nevyn leaves her screaming chew-toy and launches herself at another satyr – taking him down as quickly as she took Gol Karin down – and with the same about of yelling and screaming involved.

Two of the satyrs drop back and cast spells: you feel something pressing down on your mind, forcing you to give in, to submit. You're worthless and these satyrs are so noble and handsome, why are you fighting them? That's bad, and you're a good girl, you should be helping them. Unnatural feelings surge through you and you find yourself eager for their touch, you want them to use you in any way that pleases them and-

Shaking your head you snap out of it, whatever it was it only lasted a moment. Looking around it seems you were the only one affected by....oh no...

Nevyn goes berserk – slamming a member of the Disciples of St. Angius and one of the Redscarves to the ground, opening her jaws wide to bite down on their exposed throats.

Fortunately Syphoebeus is nearby and reacts quickly – slamming into Nevyn. The two go down in a thrashing ball of fur and claws – phoebe desperately trying to hold on to the crazed beast-girl.

As strong as Syphoebeus is, she can't hold onto Nevyn for long, you tense, ready to jump and fly over to help her, though what you are going to do to help against Nevyn you don't know...

XXX

You are Sallazar, a young wizard who has recently left the army. You have taken a teaching job at Egwen Girls Convent.

And boy are you pissed...

The evening was going so well: planning the next days dungeon run, talking with the Daves long into the night, downing a few Skullbusters with them, and then turning in for the night.

Only to be woken up by one of your students using a spell to contact you, something about satyrs attacking them.

Not even bothering to change out of your nightrobe you cast a spell and appear in the middle of a broken down old building that was used for yesterdays mission.

All around you are students from various teams, including several of the girls from your school. And fighting them are four satyrs – with another two lying on the floor and squirming.

“Stop this!” you yell, but no one notices you over the ruckus. A thunderclap spell gets their attention, then the fighting mostly stops, or pauses at least. Except for Syphoebeus trying to restring Nevyn in her beast form, looking very agitated.

You encase both in a sphere of force energy, and then use a dimension door to pull Phoebe out – her arms and torso are covered in scratches and she has a bite-wound on one forearm.

All of the students are in various stages of undress. Within the sphere Nevyn tries to claw her way out, unsuccessfully.

“Well?” you say to the crowd “I'm waiting for an explanation.”

>that he somehow manages to avoid
He has a Melee defence of more than 23? Holy shit wat.

Everyone looks at each other, no one wants to be the first to speak.

>Demand an explanation from Lucinda – she called you here after all
>Figure what's up with Nevyn first
>Tell Janrael to explain – she is supposed to be the responsible one
>The satyrs can explain, right now
>Other (?)

Uh Pally, how are there suddenly more Satyrs?

The one fighting Janrael
Two Phoebe threw over and got piled on
One bitten by Nevyn and piled on by the boys.
2 casting?????

>Figure what's up with Nevyn first

>>Demand an explanation from Lucinda – she called you here after all
>Anyone interrupting get's put in "time out"

I think he just wanted to write the bit with Janrael.
There should at most be one Satyr left, and even that is kinda questionable given supposedly all were in melee range to our group and there were way more of us so no one staying on them is... questionable.

fair point I miscounted, I thought there was two able to cast.

I guess I'll have to say the one fighting Janrael was able to cast a spell quickly.

The other one would be the one that Phoebe hit by throwing another satyr.

>The other one would be the one that Phoebe hit by throwing another satyr.
How did he fight off the boys and get up within one round? That doesn't really work, but there was one left unaccounted for anyway.

>I guess I'll have to say the one fighting Janrael was able to cast a spell quickly.
Wouldn't he then have casted before making his attack?

Janrael/Satyr tie - going with assking Janrael to explain, then giving the satyrs a chance to defend their actions.

>How did he fight off the boys and get up within one round? That doesn't really work, but there was one left unaccounted for anyway.

He cast before he got piled on. in fight scenes actions don't always occur one at a time, one after the other in the order they appear in the text.

>Wouldn't he then have casted before making his attack?

Maybe, you can use a Rapid spell before or after other actions.

This is me justifying a miscount after the fact, had I put this in the update it would make more sense.

Still, I admit I messed up, and if players would like me to adjust the update (retcon) I can.

>in fight scenes actions don't always occur one at a time, one after the other in the order they appear in the text
That seems unnecessarily confusing, but okay.

>Still, I admit I messed up, and if players would like me to adjust the update (retcon) I can.
Its not a big deal I just wondered about the mechanics of Rapid casting in this case, and its not like it made a difference.

“Janrael” you say coolly, the Skullbusters you drank barely an hour ago coming back with a vengeance and making your head pound “would you like to explain what is going on.”

Surveying the wounded in the room you add “and anyone who knows healing magic should put that to good use as she talks.”

As the healers get to work, Janrael explains....

“Well sir, we came here to play a prank on the boys” Janrael ignores Lucinda's frantic 'shut up!' gestures and continues “so with some marked cards we...” Janrael outlines the prank – much to the annoyance of some of the planned victims, and to the amusement and nods of respect from others.

“Then they busted in” Janrael nods to the satyrs “and said they were going to...” her narration falters a bit here and she finishes “have their way with us.” she finishes euphemistically.

Yes, that pretty much sounds like satyrs...you'll need to talk to the Daves about this later.

“And do you have anything to say?” you say to the satyrs – who have been using their own magic to heal their companions.

One of the injured ones, clutching a recently-healed but still tender arm swaggers up to you and says confidently, looming over you “look, what happened was we heard this party going on and asked to join, friendly like. These kids attacked, taking us by surprise – otherwise they wouldn't have had a chance – and then you turned up. Now I'm going to be making a complaint to two idiot dwarves who hired us about these kids behaviours and get them banned and maybe you too, little man.” He pokes you in the chest, meaningfully.

“Anything else?” you say calmly. The irritation at being woken up, the Skullbusters and worry about your girls is building up to a sizeable brew of anger within you, but everyone deserves a chance to defend their actions.

Or dig themselves in deeper into trouble.

“Well since we've been so viciously and unfairly attacked” says the lead satyr “I figure some compensation is in order. How about you take most of these kids away and leave us with say...three of the girls for the rest of the night and maybe we'll think about leaving quietly instead of getting you all in trouble.”

Hello fury, my old friend....

>Exercise some restraint, drag them to the Daves and explain everything
>Doing something painful but non-fatal to punish them (suggestions?)
>Keep hurting them until you feel better, they might die, or not
>Kill them
>Other (?)

>Kill them

>Send everyone out

>Agree to their deal

>Send everyone out

Good point.

It is assumed that for everything except the top 2 options you will send the boys and girls away first.

Don't mess with the PTSD wizard

>Agree to their deal, leave Phoebe, Jan and nevyn, let the girls beat the shit out of them all night

Wut?

Trolling, clearly.

He's just shitposting.

>Send everyone out
kek

>Keep hurting them until you feel better, they might die, or not (this pleases Ichor In The Depths)

Beating on them it is
Probably, but alas you don't get a direct reward

Its stuff like this that makes us get along so well with her.

>Beating on them it is
Sallazar taking one for the team?

He'll just have to live with the knowledge that he beat several defenseless rapist assholes to death with a stick. Alas.

I was actually making a lewd pun in regards to double entendre meanings of "beating" someone.

I'm heavily tempted to beat the Davids with a stick for hiring satyrs.

As long as we avoid breaking anything. In a way that won't heal correctly, at least.

I know, I just decided to play ignorant in order to make my own joke about the "terrible burden" Sallazar has to bear.

“All of you” you address the students “bed, now. Anyone who still needs healing wake up one of the priests and if they ask what happened tell them to talk to me.”

The boys look at you in confusion, the girls get moving. Nevyn has calmed enough that you release her, and she pads after the others.

“Now!” you yell, the sudden noise makes some of them jump and they all move a bit faster. Once they're gone, and far enough away that they can't hear anything, you dimensionally lock the entire area and summon a forcecage large enough to accommodate you and all the satyrs within it.

They watch you warily, some start to reach towards their weapons.

“Who the fuck do you think you-” Gol Karin starts.

He cuts off when bolts of magical force slam into his chest, courtesy of your magic missile spell.

Now the weapons come out, and the spells fly in your direction – deflected harmlessly by your Spell Mantle.

“I won't waste time explaining what you did wrong” you say quietly “you'd no doubt try to justify it or insult my students. Neither interests me.”

“Stupid little man-” one Satyr swings a cold-enchanted blade at you. Only to be engulfed in a spray of flame, stumbling backwards he bellows in pain.

You let the satyrs come to you, with weapon and spell – neither of which is any threat to you – their weapons cannot pierce your defences, and those of their spells that might be able to affect you, you easily dispel. Every time they attack you, you punish them with your own magic. Eventually they get the point and back off, burnt, bleeding and some with broken bones.

Then the justifications come.

“We weren't going to hurt them” protests one “they attacked us first.”

“If they'd gone along with it they'd have enjoyed it” insists another “some of them looked like they'd be up for it”. You slam the tip of your staff into his ribs, hearing something pop and receiving a very satisfying hiss of pain.

“I told you” you say, your voice rising in volume “I'm not interested in your excuses!”

Hitting them with your staff, and occasionally fists and feet is much more satisfying then using magic. Much more visceral and real. You lose yourself in the moment, striking them again and again, until all six lie bleeding and unmoving at your feet. Your staff is red with their blood, and your hands and night clothes are painted in patches of red too. Breathing hard you realise you're sweating, beads of sweat running down your face, and your clothes are stuck to you. You don't know how long you've been beating these scum, but you are weary and your arms leaden, perhaps that is why you stopped.

Despite your fatigue you feel invigorated somehow, as if your actions have had some sort of reward.

Some of the satyrs are still groaning in pain, others are silent - dead perhaps. A part of you wonders if you will get in trouble for what you did, but a much larger part doesn't care. They were going to hurt your girls, what you did was justified.

“Come near the girls again” you say to the satyrs “and I will kill you.” None answer you.

Releasing your spells you stride into the night, still furious.

>Go and talk to the girls who organised this little prank
>Wake up the Daves and yell at them
>Talk to the other club leaders – explain why their students were out so late
>Other (?)

Let's not cause problems for the other students and our own girls.

>>Wake up the Daves and yell at them

The wording implies the other teachers already noticed, so explaining for them would more help.

Daves it is, writing

>The Daves' faces when

You can't really imagine what they Daves were thinking when they hired satyrs for an event that had a lot of teenagers attending. Eventually you conclude that they weren't thinking about the risks, it's the only thing that really makes sense. Maybe they were drunk when they hired them?

Storming into their tent, still covered in slowly-drying blood you poke them awake roughly with your staff.

“Azar?” grumbles Dave, raising his head from the pillow and looking at you with blood-shot eyes “what? Go to bed you madman, no more Skullbusters.”

“No more Skullbusters” you agree “unless it's me busting your skull over the stupid mistakes you've made!”

“What?” mumbles the other Dave as the first just stares at you in confusion.

“Real satyrs” you say, standing up and folding your arms “not illusionary ones – what were you thinking?!”

Dave waves a hand dismissively “We were watching them all day in event and they left afterwards, per our agreement.”

“Oh really?” you say “well that doesn't explain them being around to try and rape some of my students does it?”

Now the Daves are wide awake, their eyes open as they sit up, one fumbles for a lantern and you light it for him.

“What in the Nine Hells are you talking about?” says Dave.

“I was woken up by a Message spell...” you explain what happened to you, finishing with “so after dealing with them, I came straight here.”

The Daves eye the red staff, and the stains on your nightrobe and hands.

“I see” says one softly “do we need to...clean things up?” He asks. And this is why you trust them, despite their boneheaded mistakes sometimes. The first thing they ask about is hiding the evidence of what you did, or might have done.

I kinda want Sallazar to start taking levels in Fighter now, holy shit.

“No” you say, calming a little, just a little “well probably not, I didn't try to kill them, though they'll be feeling it for a long time. But what possessed you Dave? You didn't think this would be dangerous? No fae can be trusted – and certainly not satyrs around...anyone who can't defend themselves.” Your girls of course can defend themselves and were on the verge of crushing the disgusting beasts when you showed up, pride wars briefly with the anger burning within you. Your hands feel moist, in fact your whole skin feels slick somehow and you can smell brine, strange.

“They were supposed to leave” insists Dave “that was the deal. We hired them to provide more of a challenge to the teams and then they were supposed to go. Yes they asked to stay the night and celebrate but we told them to go.”

“They came back.” you point out “you put something irresistible in front of them, and they came back, you idiots.”

Dave bristles “Azar, you're angry, I get that. But whether you like it or not your girls are going to have to deal with stuff like this sooner or later. Sure we messed up, and we're sorry, aren't we Dave?” The other Dave concurs and the first continues “But as much as you care about these girls they're your students, not your damn family. Teaching them stuff is fine, even being angry about what happened, sure. You need to start thinking with your head and not your heart. No more hiring satyrs, fine, done. We're sorry ok? Now go to bed.”

>Actually I want payment for your mistake – like help in the competition
>You need to apologise to the girls, not to me
>They are family to me! (Still angry) receive something special
>Fine (leave)
>Other (?)

Only 1 result will be used, no combining.

>They are family to me!
I don't even care about the reward, I just want Sallazar to say this.

Eh, while a cute sentiment, I don't really think they're "that" close yet.
They're obviously very important to him, but I don't think its really family yet.

>They are family to me! (Still angry)

That's fair.

>Your hands feel moist, in fact your whole skin feels slick somehow and you can smell brine, strange.
Oh boy, mother is watching.

If it were combinable, I'd probably pick family too, but this seems more relevant right now, and while Sallazar thinks of them as that (in my opinion), I dunno if he'd say it.

Apology it is.

Maybe you'll get that thing some other time.

aren't you proud of anons being IC over taking the shiny bait you dangled in front of them?

Its not really 'bait' Ichor plays nice most of the time.
Now I wonder what we could have gotten from Flexbro though, I feel he and the wizard would get along pretty well.